You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Unwanted Company At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Unwanted Company At Night

 

I know sleep paralysis is supposed to be medical/natural phenomena that happens to millions of people. I have experienced these weird experiences 3 times now and every time it nearly scared me to death. I am 31 and sleep on my own. The last time it happened was 2 weeks ago.

I had been to a yoga class and went to bed in a relaxed state. I then woke up in the middle of the night with a loud zooming noise (I thought road works were going on outside but it was approx 3am) and then felt an evil presence looming over my body. At this point I was too scared to open my eyes and my heart was racing. I then experienced an outer body experience. I felt this "thing" sticking its finger in my back (I was shivering and frozen with fear at this point) and I was being dragged out of my body. I thought the grim reaper had come to get me as a friend of mine died suddenly in his sleep at 33 years old.

I must have gone back to sleep and don't remember returning to my physical body. When I opened my eyes the next morning (in day light), I saw a ghostly figure float across my room. It was dark and hooded (no facial expression) and just floated away. I was scared senseless and couldn't stop thinking about it. I have read articles about sleep paralysis and it does make sense now what is happening. I am not a religious person and don't believe in ghosts.

I told my parents and my Dad thought I was going mad. But my Mum said a similar thing happened to her a few years ago when a tall dark figure entered her room and she thought it was going to take her away. She said it looked evil. I then remembered back to Christmas (and I had over-indulged a bit on the booze and food). I dreamt this dark figure was standing beside and trying to pull me out of my body. I thought back to my friend who died and asked this "thing" - if it took him and it replied "yes" in a menacing way. I just put it down to a bad dream but it seemed very realistic.

I then remembered back to a few years ago that I woke one morning feeling I had done it when I have been single and alone in bed. I could see an evil face looking down on me during the deed and was petrified. I thought someone had come in during the night and violated me. I tried to keep these experiences a secret for fear of being sectioned.

A friend of mine who is religious said I should get my house "blessed". I have had an unlucky time of it recently in real life and wonder if I have been cursed along the way... I haven't killed anyone and am a good and kind person so can't understand why. All I want is to lose this fear of falling asleep in case it happens again.

Other hauntings by EMMA-M

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EMMA-M, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
I have not read your other comments so I'm sorry if I repeat anything...
I understand why your so scared to sleep again so if I was you I would put a Bible under your pillow and I would pray threw out the day not just before bed... You can't move or call for help when this "thing" has you helpless so I would pray to yourself. This thing can't control your mind. I hope you get some peace and god bless you.
EMMA-M (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
Hi Everyone

Well, so far so good. I haven't had the same experience since.

Following my reading into this subject, I came across an article that links drinking too much coffee to experiencing paranormal activity. I must admit I do drink several cups of coffee a day but not before bed. I wonder if sleep paralysis is something to do more with "system over-load" like what can cause nightmares? I am planning to go to a Psychic/Medium
Though to see what they have to say as it is weird that my Mum experienced the same thing in our house that time and she is not a big coffee-drinker.
PS Here is the article link if you want to check it out:
Http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7827761.stm
TheSorrow (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
My advice is to ask him questions, Find out what he is. What he does. And research him. And by the way. If it is the grim reaper. It carries souls not only to hell, But also to heaven. If you really are a kind person. You will go to heaven. Because if he is trying to take your soul. He's trying to transport it.

How about you find out how much of a kind person you really are and see if it's heaven or hell. Because he can kill you without even touching you. 😕
TheSorrow (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
I laugh at your misfortune. That would be an epic win if that happened to me! I'd ask him/her/it a lot of questions because it is likely to to be "death" the grim reaper, so it would have a lot of knowledge. I would see it as a gift. But then again that's just me... ❤ 😉 😆
rhyan790 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-17)
Wow people these days (dumb). Robertar it's a catholic thing. If you believed in Jesus you'd understand. Get your house blessed to church every sunday. And try to solve your sleep paralysis if you still see to that problem. 🤔
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
stop sleep paralysis

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6VjLEPLFAY

P.S. You mentioned that you are not "religious" but you talk about being "blessed" and "cursed". Can you expand on what you mean?

Some of these other responses are assertive but not much more than opinion stated as fact.
EMMA-M (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
HI guys

Thanks for your advice. I actually still live with my parents. I have lived in that house for about 26 years. Although I am not a religious person, my Mum made me put the Holy Bible beside my bed and so far I have had no sleep paralysis episodes since, but I won't speak too soon! I think if it happens again I will try not to let it worry me as there is no point in being scared of going to bed/sleep. I haven't been sleeping well recently due to this and I really need a good night's sleep. I will let you all know how things progress and if my "friend" comes back to visit.
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
I agree with everyone about blessing the house, using sage, iron, etc. My husband is a priest and hereditary shaman, and he says you can never bless your house "too much." It will not make things worse, only better. And I would suggest going to a sleep clinic. I have Restless Leg Syndrome, Random Limb Movement and sleep apnea. Before I started taking Parkinson's medicine, I had similar experiences to yours. They have completely stopped since taking the medicine.

Best wishes,

Watersprite ❤
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Cold Iron has a way of warding off of the Evil spirits.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
have these occurances been in the same house each time? If so, could certainly be the flat you are living in. There could be a very heavy negative vibration in the home. I would suggest trying to clean it out with sage, or some other method. If you are only renting-- all the easier to break a lease and get out.
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think blessing the house and doing some prayers would help, of course, if you don't believe on it... 😕,
Georgeisalegend (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
that is a really tough story! I don't know how to respond to this.
Krystal-is-a-Gangster (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
i don't think you should get your house blessed. I have had these experiences to and I just think they are nightmares or at least I just convince myself that. Blessing your house won't stop it if anything it will make it worse. You just have to remind your self when it happens that you have as much power as whatever else might be in your house and don't let it scare you. If when it "attacks" you youstart to feel paralyzed or scared get angry instead or just think of happy thoughts anything but fear and eventually I think the night attacks will stop or become less frequent.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: