You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Coffee-holic Grandmother's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Coffee-holic Grandmother's Ghost

 

My grandmother had to wear special shoes because of surgery on her leg that made one leg a couple of inches shorter than the other. This resulted in a shuffle-thump noise that was very distinctive when she walked anywhere in our house (my mother and I lived with her) as we had hardwood floors throughout.

One night I was in from college, at least a year after she passed away, and was sleeping on the couch in the living room. It adjoins the kitchen in our very small house, and I heard a shuffle-thump make it's way down the hall into the kitchen where it stopped, and the coffee maker turned on. My grandma was a coffee-holic. I can only assume there's no caffeine on the other side.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

RoseForEmily (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
Nice story. =) I'm sure your grandmother is happy where she is now despite the lack of caffeine.
Hope to hear more from you.

-Sadie
albino ape (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-07)
My sister-in-law had something like that to happen to her. Her grand father died and he use to smoke ciggars. Now ever time you sit in his rocking chair you can smell ciggar smoke!! And no one smokes in the house any more.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-31)
I think it was your grandma maybe payin' you a visit and chuggin' up some of them warm cups of coffee don't you think? I think so.
melanie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-24)
My mom has passed away about a couple of months ago. She used to always come and close my bedroom light because I would fall asleep with the lights on. Well when I've been going to bed recently with the lights on (as usual), in the morning when I wake up, they were off! I know she is still around I always feel like there someone around me taking care of me!
ratterrier68 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-23)
Were you scared or did you feel safe because it was your grandma? But anyway thats a veary kool story mabey she's giving you a sign that she's there.
Sally (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-16)
I kinda think it was her. Especially since the coffee was set to go off at seven in the morning, and it was maybe eleven or twelve at night when it happened. Seven at night, yeah sure, just a mix-up. But midnight? C'mon.
anna (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-16)
nice story do you belive it was your grandma

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: