You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Afraid Of The Uncontrollable

Real Ghost Stories

Afraid Of The Uncontrollable

 

I never knew what SP or sleep paralysis was. When I would fall asleep and wake up not being able to move and would see things or hear voices I thought the worst. It went from happening once every few nights, to every single night. Usually it would only last for a maximum of 2minutes and I would try to forget about it but one incident makes me dread future occurrences.

I fell asleep and my SP occurred around three times only lasting up to 30 seconds each. When I finally did fall asleep, I began to have the worst nightmare and it seemed so real. In the dream, I was being haunted by a demon that wouldn't leave me alone. I had an ihome on my dresser with my iPod in it and I got in bed. A few minutes later, the music started playing on it so I got up and removed my iPod. After lying back down, the music started playing again. I was so scared I woke myself up and ran into my sister's room to tell her about my dream. Just then this entity came into the room yelling and I ran out and climbed in my bed. The only thing I could think of doing was praying and asking god to make it go away. As I tried to place my hands together (in a prayer position), it was impossible. Something was pulling my hands apart to keep me from praying. I struggled as hard as I could and to my surprise I woke up.

I never knew it was possible to dream inside a dream. This was the most terrifying thing that had ever occurred to me, but it didn't end there. Eventually after convincing myself that I was fine and it was just a dream, I started to drift. Suddenly to awake to the horrifying feeling of pure hopelessness, I couldn't move. I could see a dark figure in my room while hearing what I would call a demon in my ear. It was making growling noises and it seemed so close it was almost as I could feel it touching me. This occurrence lasted about 4minutes and when it finally went away, all I did was burst into tears and run to my closet to find my cross and rosary beads.

Researchers on sleep paralysis say this experience is merely your brain awaking before your body and what you experience is nothing but hallucinations. But is it; is it possible for hundreds of people to have the same visual and audible "hallucinations"? Everybody is different, nobody dreams the same dreams right? I feel there's more to sleep paralysis rather than a medical explanation. I'm not going to say its work from the devil or some kind of alien experience but I find it hard to believe everyone's brain makes them see and hear terrifying things while losing the ability to move... Guess we'll never know.

Other hauntings by gabrielle0624

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gabrielle0624, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-24)
Gabrielle;

I am sorry for what happened to you. I am a demonologist, and it appears to be 100% demonic. Get and use liberally Catholic Holy water, and command it to leave in Jesus' name. Also, the names of Mary and St. Michael the Archangel are quite potent. If Catholic, receive the sacraments often - Mass, confession, and communion. If not, please get and use that Catholic Holy water. It will give this vile thing a moment of pause. 9 pm - 6 am are the psychic hours, especially 3 am, cause it mocks the hour Jesus died on the Cross. Email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com, should you have any more problems. God bless you and good luck.
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-24)
gabrielle0624,

I believe that there is a spiritual component to every case of sleep paralysis. Science can only observe what processes are happening in a sleep paralysis case. They are bound by their own methodology, which makes no allowance for this kind of event having any sort of "spiritual" aspect.

All you will get from any professional that comes from the scientific community is one that is purely objective (they are wearing blinders, like horses). Everything is identifiable, quantifiable, it can be treated with drugs, surgery, and therapy. If scientific methodology does not yeild resutls that conform to their methods, it is unidentifiable for the time being..., as if it will ever be identified.

You should know that I and millions of other people pray when we wake in this condition, and the "heavy weight" quickly disappears when we ask Jesus to deliver us from evil. Yeah, I'm a Christian, or I like to think I am.

As much as I enjoy science, science doesn't have all the answers. Just because science can't prove it one way or another, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

This is just a side note. In the very early history of the scientific community the scientist's ambition was to prove the existence of God. What? Yeah. Really!
😆 😆
Trudy44 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
Dear Gabrielle,
You don't have to put your hands together to pray. You can pray to God with your mind. Before you go to bed read a verse from the Bible like Zephaniah 3:17 and pray to God and ask him to put the helmet of salvation and protect your mind. Dreams are very interesting and weird at the same time. You can dream a dream within a dream, you can wake up and then go back to sleep to continue the dream. You can praise God while you are dreaming and you can do spiritual warfare while you are dreaming. 😊 ❤ 😊
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
Not to say that all SP's are related to demonic activity. Some well documented cases of demonic haunting and oppression, involve the victim being paralyzed by an entity. It seems that such an entity does have the ability to cause paralysis in victims.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: