You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Family They Never Had

Real Ghost Stories

The Family They Never Had

 

I had never put much thought into ghosts until I moved to Nova Scotia.

I was 6 years old, and I loved the house. It was so roomy, so welcoming. It was two weeks before my birthday. I was in my bed room, trying to sleep. I looked over to my wall. From the corner of my eye, I saw the shadow of a man looking at me from the corner of my wall. I looked over to the door, and it was gone.

This continued for one year. When I was seven, I was braver and bolder and got irritated easily. I saw it again, the black figure of a man, and he appeared to be wearing a coal mine hat. Once again, I looked to the door, and it disappeared. Well, I got mad. So, I shouted at it: "If you don't go away, I'm telling on you!" Never saw it again.

So, when I was eight, we were getting ready to move to Ontario. My mom went out to Halifax to visit a friend, so it was just me, my dad, and my brother. My dad rented us a movie, and we watched it with some chips. When the movie ended, my dad tucked us in for bed. Then he watched his movie.

It was another sleepless night for me. I was in my bed, petting my dog. My dad had gone to bed, and my brother was sleeping. Then, I heard the footsteps. It sounded like someone dragging their feet across the floor in the kitchen. I sat up, terrified, as my dad came into my room and yelled at me for going into the kitchen at oh-dark-stupid. I explained to him that it wasn't me. I was as scared as a mouse getting carried off by an owl. He went out to the kitchen, did a thorough investigation, and sat down in the living room to watch the rest of his movie.

Those are just two of the paranormal encounters I had experienced there. I remember, when I was 7, crying myself to sleep and wailing "Why me? Why can I only see them?"

Now I am thirteen years old. I have had many more encounters. But last week, I learned the history of my old house.

Sometime in the 1900's, a coal mine bomb exploded, and 26 people lost their lives. My house was built on top of that coal mine. I respect the ghosts of house 2351, and I wish I had been nicer. Now, all I think about is a father, looking at the little girl he never got to have.

May they rest in peace, and know I will never forget them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wolfgirl1021, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
try to ignore it when you see it... If its not possible, then I suggest going to a priest and getting him to bless your house... Stuff like that.

I do not really know much on this stuff because I'm not prone to paranormal phenomena
Wolfgirl1021 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
I was scared. And it is very scary for me, being thirteen and seeing the paranormal. I can sense what my family members are feeling when we are in the same room. For example, my brother is feeling board and tired. I have learned to accept the gift, but I am still scared of what I have seen and what I have yet to see.
narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
i think you are sensitive to the paranormal than others in your famliy... Dont be too worried and just ignore him 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: