You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Over Darkness 2

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Over Darkness 2

 

I was trying to post this story early as I could, but I was busy with school and work. I already gave out details in my first story, so most readers have an idea or already encountered a shadowy figure. The night was quiet and a little chilly than usual. At 3:a.m., the shadow person came again. Don't know what date, because it comes practically every night now, but last week it was sheer terror. From what I can gather is that the shadow person wants me to sleep. So, it could feed off my dreams. I actually saw him in my dreams, this time I can see him clearly.

The dream was about me trapped in a chamber filled with coal. Then a person from the outside pulls a lever to burn me alive. Then I woke up! Half asleep I was, I saw my arms were a little red. I never encountered any physical damage towards me over the years with a supernatural occurrence.

This shadow person wasn't a demon! It was just a spirit trying to communicate with me of his suffering. He was locked in a chamber and he was burned to death. That's why he looked dark as darkness itself. That's why I couldn't see his face at all the first time, because it was melted off. He was still violent though, even though I felt sorry for him. My own powers filled the pieces together, so this is just my theory. He wants me to burn or he's warning me that someone else is going to. Probably me though, because I was attacked!

I did see him when I was wide awake again standing in the middle of the hallway. This time he had red eyes! I have two candles in my hallways that it seems to form eyes. Funny as it sounds, but the flame took form of a shape of a creatures eyes. (I knew those candles were a bad idea!) Ironically, I thought about my dream and the candles and those two had a connection. Fire! Those candles were lit by the spirit himself. I ran to the hallway to blow out those candles, than I went to the sink to wet the tips on it.

He was furious of what I've done. I can see the smoke taking form of a cloud. Nothing special about it, but I thought it was too huge to be just smoke. 4:00 he went away! Then I fell asleep again, but I could smell sulfur coming from beneath my bed. It was getting hot too! I knew it was just my mind playing tricks on me again. It felt too real, but I guess that's what happens when a person is hyper sensitive as me.

This story is true; sure a lot of detail was present. The first half of this story was a dream, but the second half I was wide awake. Just trying to clarify this, because some people might be lost or confuse reading this story. Trying to simplify it! I tired holy water and the reading the bible in daylight, but it seems he only comes at the witching hour. I should try to rebuke it my bible, see what happens!

Other hauntings by bldfalcon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bldfalcon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Wow there buddy! Quite an argument huh?
Well I got all your stories so far thankfully I understand what you are going through. My advised to you is to just keep us posted of what is happening and try to answers those who are having problems reading your stories, don't take it as offense just see it as someone trying to understand it better to find a way to help you out.

I agree with most regarding on keeping this site a helpful one for those who really need it.
Lets stay positive people and god bless us all.

Looney...
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
good! Well, you should'nt of read my stories in the first place.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+4
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
Then after you said you knew it was your mind playing tricks on you that its because you're "SO SENSITIVE" Blah. Yes I am being a jerk. But I'm done now. This is just too frustrating, not only this particular. There are so many that get stupid crazy in the comments. It's taking away from all we should be focusing on. The seriousness of some of these situations. I can't take this whole "My campfire story is scarier than yours!" competition that it seems to have turned into. & all the lame arguing in the comment threads. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can this ALL come to an end so we can keep this site rolling smoothly & we can all share & get/give the help needed respectfully?

Apologies for throwing my little fit but I just snapped. I'm sorry. I am now truly done. I won't come back.

~Lotus S. Dust ❤
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
Wait? You say this story is true. But you also said you knew that it was your mind playing tricks on you when you smelled sulfur from beneath your bed & it was getting hot.?

It's this kind of thing that sadly enough causes me to not want to be a part of this site. Which I used to love.

~LSD~
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
oh, another typo! Their stories, my stories and your stories makes us who we are! My powers came to me out of tramtic experiences in my life. As a result I have to conceal it from demons, but they always find out. Evil is attracted to people that have powers. More energy, I guess! My grammar is bad, because I'm not a morning person, so if you can't read my typing, tough!
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
yes, I think everyone feels that there stories are getting attention. It's a general statement! What makes my stories interesting? I keep thinking about that all the time. Maybe because, people can relate to my stories that's why! It's not like I wake up in the morning and say to myself, I'm writing a story today. No, it's not like that at all! My powers, just read other stories and down on the comment section, you will see what my powers are all about! I need help mostly about the spirit that I'm dealing with. I know how to deal with demons and spirits already. I just need an idea of who they really are. I can't assume to just use holy water and be down with it. No, it takes more than that. There are some spirit's that I can't seem to get rid of easly, but I always find away. As for my powers, I need to understand it first.

Just because my stories are getting attention, doesn't mean I'm doing this for entertainment. Besides I have proof on my experiences. By a recording that my brother did recently. The story, that I'm going to tell you in beyond believe and it takes a lot of understanding.
kryptonitee (1 stories) (14 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Okay, Baldie.
I've read your stories.
I read the comment thread.
You admited that your stories were getting the attention you desired...
Let me just tell you this.
This site, is for people seeking help, and to help.
Not to read made up stories.
I'm sorry, but, I try to give everyone on this site the benefit of doubt, because, I'd like them to do the same for me when I need help.
I won't say anything about your poor typing and grammar.
Please,
Explain to me your powers.
I sincerely, would love to know.
-Kryptonite.
JPing (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Best troll thread EVA!

Hi bldfalcon,

From your description of the shadow person (specifically the candles in the hallway forming its eyes) I am tempted to suggest that you may have just been seeing things, having just woken up (or did I read that wrong).

The mind hard-wired to see patterns, particularly those of faces (which has obvious evolutionary advantages).

Reoccurring dreams are quite common. I've certainly had some doosies.

Could you describe the redness on your arms in a little more detail, please? Were they actual injuries/bruises or simply discoloured?
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-05-03)
If I wanted attention, I would go on t.v. Or post my stories on newspapers everywhere. Even write a book about my expeirences. I did answer your question Lou, so read the comment fool!
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
Alright, Guys and Gals.
Move it along, now. Walk away. Nothing more to see here. Move on to something else and try to HELP someone. No one deserves to be beat in the head continually. I believe your voices have been heard loud enough.
Wa-do.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
And there you have it folks.

BldFalcon does not present to us real life experiences, by his own admission, he just does this for attention. He can't answer questions about his paranormal experiences because he would actually have to be having them, to provide us with additional information.
Thanks for the info, BldFalcon... I truly hope you are eventually able to shake your demons.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
well, how come you still comment on my comment's then. If I don't answer your question the first time, then what makes you think I'm going to answer you at all. Take a hint! I dislike spectics and haters.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
Pjob, why are you commenting me constantly? Do you have a life in this site or something? And I'm recently saying that people love my stories and ofcourse hate it. Either way it's getting attention and that's all I want. So, go suck a mean one!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
I've said it before.
The falcon uses this site as some kind of story telling competition. He goes for shock value, but sadly, even his made up stories are far from it. When confronted, he often tries to turns it around, saying things like, "Where are your stories" or "People love my stories" which really just proves how he uses this forum. It is particularly disturbing when you consider that good people come here looking for help with real experiences they are having with the preternatural.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
I'll drop the whole grammar thing so that I don't upset other people. Bldfalcon has no problem pointing out other people's flaws and chastising them for who they are, so I thought I'd give him a taste of his own medicine. 😆 Apparently he found it bitter. Do unto others...

Anyway, since I see you put much more effort into making your reply readable, falcon, I will give you the courtesy you have not yet shown us here and answer your question. Do me a favor and go to your own profile. If you scroll down, you will notice that it shows the most recent comments you have posted. That is how I keep track of the conversations I've had and check replies to things I've said.

I don't run and gun around here. If you have a legitimately informative reply to the questions that have been asked, I'm all ears.

Lou--Nightmare on Elm Street...haha, that brings back memories... Both of my childhood, and of other stories posted here...😆
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
BldFalcon,
It is my understanding that this site was created for people to share their experiences and learn about the paranormal. By openly communicating, people will better understand their own experiences through others' perspectives and opinions.
Your comment, "I only answer to people who are skeptics, first off."; completely contradicts your dismissal of Devious Angel because she is a skeptic.
Myself, PrincessLotus, Devious Angel, and others have all asked legitimate questions about your experiences, which you have completely ignored. If you are not interested in helping others understand your experience, why even bother sharing it?
I have no interest in providing grammar lessons to anyone; but if you truly want someone to understand your experience, taking the time to spellcheck and complete sentences, with or without exclamation points, would be helpful... For instance, it was not until your last comment that I understood you saw the candles from your bedroom... In the story, it said you were wide awake and the candles were at the end of the hall. I envisioned from the story that you were out of bed and at one end of the hall and the candles were at the other end of the hall when you saw the candles; not that you were in your bedroom and the candles are outside the door.
Narcissa, I agree this story has not been cut and pasted; it is far too unique to have come from anyone else.

Lou
narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
OK, people, I think this tiff is getting too much out of hand than needed. We might not find the grammar perfect in certain places, but there's really no need to create a big hoopla on it. As the author mentioned in a post, we are not having Grammar school classes here.

As for the story itself, I must admit that I did not catch on the actual story at first and had to re-read some of the lines. But I don't think anybody would waste their precious time here trying to copy-paste stories from elsewhere.

So let's just drop the Grammar debate here. Thank you. 😊
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
wait, I'm not 25 yet and I don't live in a basement, because there's no space down there. I don't like to answer quentions first off for people that disrespect the way I am. Just because you may think I have bad grammar in this site, doesn't mean I have bad grammar else where. Now, to answer your question. The candles were across my bedroom. My bed faces the candles. What don't you get. The flame resembles eyes! And Devious how do you know I'm comment to your statements. Do you have an alert on your profile or something? I want to know!
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
BldFalcon (or should it be BS?),
The only reason I return to your stories repeatedly, is because you never answer the questions the first time, if ever. I agree, your stories are obviously very entertaining... To you. Your grammar alone makes me mourn the education of our youth. The only believable thing you've ever passed on is that at age 25, you still live in your grandparents' basement.
Am I the only one who thought when they first read this "true story", that BldFalcon just saw the trailer to the Nightmare on Elm Street remake?
Get a grip...oh, wait a minute, you've done that... I read your succubus story.

Lou
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
Hahaha, wow, bldfalcon. You totally just pulled the "I know you are, but what am I!" card. I love it. But, as Lou mentioned, you have not answered any of the questions here, and I would think that Lou more than qualifies as a skeptic. Ignore my banter if you will.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
I only answer to people who are skeptics, first off. 2nd, you are interested in my stories admit it. Laugh Out Loud! Bad grammar and all! I make people come back for more.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
BF,
What you lack in grammar, you make up for in never answering questions. I've given you the benefit of the doubt on several posts and have yet to see you address a single question presented by anyone... Which leads me to believe you are intentionally avoiding them. Maybe if you took the time to share with others what your writings do not clearly portray, you would have far less readers questioning your credibility.

Lou
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
Oooppss! "Have" supposed to be a "has". See, I can correct myself Devious if I just proof read. Laugh out Loud!
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
What was the mistake? Deviousangel have nothing better to do in this site site anyway!
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
Yes, I am aware of the glaring mistake I made in my previous post 😆
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
bldfalcon

You're extreme defensiveness on all comments leads me to suspect you are telling porky pies.

Or maybe you had a very vivid dream and decided to embellish a little.

Either way I'm far from convinced (your grammar issues are irrelevant although DeviousAngel's post must be one of the most entertaining I've read on here)
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-26)
How is it poorly typed? I read your stories and your not good yourself. I'm really good in writing. But again typing on this site, it's like whatever. It's not grammar school! Plus, if my grammar was so bad, then how my story was posted in the first place, because the people that read had no problem with it. Only you had something to say about it! So, lay off! If this was a report, then yeah there would not be any mistakes. I mentioned my class, so you can lay off and let you know that even smart people make mistakes. My story is easy to read and I seperate paragraphs, so people can easliy read it. So what's the problem? The marks seem right also!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-26)
Skeptics have the right to comment on your stories, bldfalcon. If I wasn't interested in your situation I wouldn't have bothered to comment, "so, think about that for once!"

Not to seem offensive or anything, but there's a difference between poor typing and poor grammar. (This is actually relevant, buffalo, so not trying to start any trouble here...there's a point I'm trying to make and I hope you'll understand.) There's no similarity in the mistakes caused by the two. Poor typing means incorrect keystrokes, which I can completely accept and move on from (ex: "liek" instead of "like"). I would have gladly left it alone if you had not further mentioned being in an AP English class. After reading many of your comments and stories, it's impossible to conclude that your mistakes are typing errors. It is pure and simple poor grammar, which suggests that you're either failing your AP English class or that you're not actually in an AP class and you lied about that. This is important because if you're lying about being in an AP English class, than it's not much of a stretch to say you're making this story up.

However, giving you the benefit of the doubt that all of my hunches here are incorrect and your story is indeed true, I'm open and interested to hear your replies to Lou's comment.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-26)
BF,
I am sorry, but the more I read, the more confused I get. You responded to Devious Angel that you were half asleep when you saw the eyes, and when you squinted repeatedly, they went away... And your bed got hot when you smelled the sulfur, but that was your mind playing tricks on you...couldn't the eyes have been the same? Your arms were read for two days, "but that could be a theory"?
And how did you know that exinguishing the candles made this entity mad?
With regards to the eyes, eyes generally appear horizontally oriented, and flames burn vertical... Did the orientation of the flames change and look like eyes?...just trying to understand how flames become eyes.
When you commented that you write in a hurry because you were panicked, it seems to contradict the beginning of your account where you said it all happened the previous week... Since it has been close to two weeks since your encounter, can you elaborate on what has happened since?
I claim no expertise regarding grammar or story-telling ability, but if the writer includes, "This story is true."...it makes me wonder who they are trying to convince.

Lou
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-25)
to me it's the same thing DerEngelMetzger! Spirits are more active during that time.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: