You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Was My Dad Saying Goodbye?

Real Ghost Stories

Was My Dad Saying Goodbye?

 

Hearing stories from my mom, and hearing my little brother screaming for me when he was scared, they were all things that I was used to. I saw shadows and heard whispers, you know the usual. Well I felt bad for my younger brother, because first of all my family is Native American, and he was little so him being innocent and having grown up in a spiritual family, it just didn't mix right. We were living on the reservation and things weren't going good between my mom and dad. All the drunken fights and everything. So finally came the end of the two of them and they got a divorce. So we packed up our things, and waited for my grandma, auntie and uncle to come get us. They had to travel all the way from Colorado to North Dakota then come all the way back. Well it was a long trip.

It didn't help that I was having dreams about my dad, and him foaming at the mouth. Because he had gotten addicted to meth and cocaine when my mom and him were together. In my dream he kept saying "I'm sorry I'm sorry, I never wanted to leave you." I had that dream a lot, and of course with me being only 10 at the time, I didn't really understand what it all meant.

Then reality had set in. When we finally got here to Colorado, we had our things unpacked and things were cozy. So that night me and my brother were watching family guy in my uncle's closet (which was his bed at the time. Yea I know right? Weird) Well he was sleeping and me I was struggling to keep my eyes open.

Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw this white shadow and it resembled a Tall man that looked like the size of my dad, and it cautiously made its way in the room then stopped in the middle of the room... Then it turned its head and looked at me. Now I wasn't as scared as I thought I would be. I just grabbed my blankie and hauled my little butt out of that room. I went where my mom was. She was all "so, you saw him to huh?"

That night when I went to sleep, I had the same dream, except this time he was saying "I got to look at you one last time, before I go." Which I think makes sense, because I am his first born. But I haven't heard from him since 2007 so it makes me wonder if my dreams were trying to tell me something? I have no idea. Well thanks for reading

Other hauntings by XxL4L0xX

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, XxL4L0xX, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AliciaMarie (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
The Same Thing happened to me. But I was 11, and my mum had died 2 days after my birthday. I had been obbsessed with computers, and I had a dream when I was 13 that I was talking to my mum on the computer, but all she was typing was "sorry" and "take Care"

Then I got to see her on webcam, and she was smiling at me:')

Made me know that she was fine xxxx
AliciaMarie (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
The same thing happened to me, but in the from of my mum, it happened when I was 11, and I was obsessed with cimputer, but my mum passed away, and I dreamt that she was saying goodbye to me through webcam, freaky or what, but it gave me a sense of relief, thankyou for sharing that story

Alicia xoxoxox
XxL4L0xX (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Racergirl-

In dreams, I think that it's easier to say goodbye, because then by the time you wake up, you will already know what's going to hit you, That your dream is actually reality. Well at least that's the way I see it you know. But I still have yet to figure out if that was my dad or not. 😕
racergirl (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
my aunt had the same thing, she had a dream about a man who got hit by a car, and died. My anut called at like midnight to say that she had just had this dream and then she said that there was someone at the dooor we let her go and she answered the door. About 5 minutes after she called again to say that ther was a man who wore a very dark long coat and a hat that covered his face he said "I have some bad news for you, your best friend just got hit by a car and died" I guess that's the best way to say goodbye 😢

-racergirl
XxL4L0xX (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-26)
Michelle-

Yea. Well you know I'm not completely sure if my dad has passed but you know its a possibility because I havnt talked to him in 3 years. And I have had more dreams than that of him, but that's the only one that I really remember. Maybe he was saying good bye. Or maybe letting me know that hell be back. To this day though I still don't know. Oh well, all I got is my dreams I suppose 😊
miche101 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-26)
that was most pobably your dad saying good-bye to you... Something very similar happened to me... Only it was an uncle that was like a dad to me... The morning my uncle died my mom & I heard this scream right outside of our bedroom windows, almost like a woman being mugged (at the time we lived on the 5th floor)...it started outside of my bedroom window first then traveled down to where my mom's window was... That winter morning there was not a soul outside on the street... A few minutes later I went into my mom's room & she asked me if I had heard that noise... I had said yes... Minutes later my aunt called to say my uncle had past away.
It took me almost 10 years to come to grips with his death... After that dream I had of my uncle & me, I was finally at peace & was able to accept his death...
If you have faith & believe... Take comfort in knowing that he is in a better place & that one day you will see him again... Who knows...maybe he will be in touch with you via your dreams.
Michelle 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: