You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Was It My Boyfriend Who Visited Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It My Boyfriend Who Visited Me?

 

This was 1988 and I was 17 at the time. I usually dated older guys and at the time I was dating an ex-marine who was just shy of 21. We were having lots of fun going out and I loved his group of friends. He was a truly sweet guy who overcame some hard times. He did have a motorcycle and was always trying to get me to go out for a ride with him. Something in my head always told me not to go. It was the day before Halloween and in NJ, the roads could be slick with leaves on the streets at that time of year. He asked again if I wanted to spend the day with him and go for a ride. I turned him down and decided to spend the day with my parents. (What 17 year old does that!)

The next day at school, I was told to go to the principal's office and bring my stuff. My mom was in there crying and I immediately thought something happened to my Dad. But it was Brett who had died last night (I changed his name in case any family should read). He had taken a turn on his motorcycle, not particular fast, but did wipe out and hit a parked van. A friend once told me about falling from a bike, it's not the falling you should worry about- it's the sudden stop you need to concern yourself with. He was right, Brett died from massive internal injuries early Halloween morning since they spent several hours trying to save him.

Anyway, after a few days, I went back to my part time job at the mall at night after school and on weekends. One night I was coming out late to my car after the mall had closed and my car was parked all by itself since most people had left. I got in and suddenly the car was absolutely overwhelmed by the smell of men's cologne/aftershave (In those days- Drakkar, or something similar) at first I thought I had spilled something - natural reaction, right? But then I knew, it was Brett paying me a visit. I wasn't the least bit scared and was even somewhat comforted. Just as soon as it appeared, the smell was gone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DFlobster, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lovedaniel (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
wow,, I have a sweet boyfriend who died as well on a motorcycle way before his time, I see him in my dreams a lot, and in my head sometimes,, I just know what he would say in a situation. Its so true our loved ones keep in touch, or at least look over us... Loved your story... ❤
footsteps (11 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-26)
Sounds like he was checking up on you. I had an experience with the same. I was around 16 when my boyfriend died. He kept coming to me. Once I took care of what he wanted me to do, he moved on. Our loved ones check on us every now and again. Nice to know anyway.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: