You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadows In The Rearview

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows In The Rearview

 

A close friend, Bob and I found ourselves parked a few blocks away from my home last Friday evening. It was around 10 or so and we had decided to park in front of the house of an old friend. However, our motives were to be near the house because it was where our friend's father, Mr. R., had passed away several years ago. He was a father-figure to Bob and so we sat there and talked about life, when we started to notice some strange occurrences.

Our emotions were running very high as we went from laughing to crying over several minutes when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I had, at first, thought it was glare from my old, itchy contacts, but was surprised when Bob stopped talking and was staring in the same direction where I had seen something pass by.

Now, I am by no means a psychic but I do tend to "feel" changes around me when it comes to the paranormal. I quickly asked him what he saw and we agreed on the same image: a dark human-like shape. He was a little spooked, but we continued our conversation. Throughout the conversation I had varying feelings of being watched as well as a mix of two different entities a good and a bad. Not surprisingly the good vibe I was getting was coming from the house where our friend had lived; the bad seemed to come from everywhere else.

I chose not to share my feelings just because I didn't want Bob to think I was mentally disturbed, but I kept checking the mirrors for someone or something. Sure enough, look and you will find! I distinctly saw a 5 foot to 6 foot dark shadow figure dart from a tree and into a shadowy bush area. I froze and Bob knew I had seen something else. Once we realized there was some activity, we started looking for things. An occasional cat and person walking their dog sent us some jolts, but the biggest scare I got from the evening did not come from outside of his Chevy truck, instead it came from within.

We started to calm down and remember the good times of loved ones past. I began to get a bit emotional and Bob hugged me as I cried on his shoulder. He had his arms around me and then I felt him lay a hand on my outer thigh. At least I thought it was him, until I realized both of his hands were on my shoulders/back. I sat up with a bit of a jolt as the light pressure still lingered on my thigh. I could distinctly felt an index finger and a middle finger on my leg. It was not cold or tingly. It really felt as though I had a comforting hand on my leg. After about a minute it seemed to melt away.

I was completely taken over by the idea that I had been touched by an unseen guest in the truck. Bob quickly came to realize that I, a person that does not scare easy, was completely in shock. We tried to debunk this occurrence, but everything we came up with just did not fit with what I had felt.

Was it a shadow figure making physical contact trying to scare me? Or was it the presence of my friend's dead father comforting me? From the feeling that touch sent radiating through my body, I like to think that Mr. R. Was with us and looking over us as he would have done while he was alive.

Other hauntings by Giovanna425

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Giovanna425, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Giovanna425 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
Thank you all for your contributions. Some of the feelings I ws getting did seem "evil" or hamful, but the one in the vehicle I really think was Mr. R. Just by the aura/vibe I was getting.

I love the feedback and look forward to anything else you all have to say.
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
I, in my humble opinion say if it comforted you it is very likly it was your friends father. As for the shadow you saw who's to say, simply because it is shadowy does not make it automaticly evil and/or demonic. As for the bad presence, emotions were running high, somthing not necessarily connected to any of you may have just come to investigate.
Irishlasie (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
sorry I really don't want to be mean, but I think JimD, your bring very negative. You felt 2 presents 1 good and 1 bad, the bad...i'm not sure. But the good I hole hearty believe was Mr. R looking over yee both! But that's just my opinion. Xoxo ❤ ❤
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
Hi

It was neither a shadow figure or a deceased human being - it was a demon. 100% demonic. Sorry, but it was. Seeing glimpses of dark shadows, actual physical contact, etc. Are demons. Next time it occurs, say out loud or at least mentally: Jesus, Mary and St. MIchael the Archangel. I also recommend getting and using a lot of Catholic Holy water, especially at night.

If Catholic, attend Mass, communion, confession, etc. - often. Whether Catholic or not, use those names and get that Catholic Holy water. Email me, if you like at Dukes2352atAOL.com. God bless you.
Irishlasie (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
Hi Giovanna245 That was a great story, I'd like to think it was Mr.R. Coming back from beyond to comfort you. Who know's xoxo ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: