You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Pictures Of The School

Real Ghost Stories

Pictures Of The School

 

It had been a while since anything paranormal had happened to me; I had almost convinced myself that nothing strange would ever happen again. It took a strange bruise on my arm to really get my mind thinking about the paranormal again. The bruise isn't what this story is about, however. This story is about the church my friend goes to and just what happened there.

I pick up friends fast now-a-days; I guess it took some tough times to really shape me into a good person. This particular friend, Sadie, became very close to me after we hung out with each other for a couple of hours. Now, Sadie comes from a rather religious family. Her father is a pastor and her mother helps out at the church. When I say church, I really mean an old school that the church rents. Her parents, though, put a lot of life into this school's gym to make it suitable for everyone that comes on Sunday. Sadie had asked me on Saturday (4/3/10) to come to church with her on Sunday. I hadn't been to my church in a couple of weeks and figured that it would be fun to go with a friend. I packed my bags, stayed the night at her house, and we were off to church in the morning.

When we pulled up to the school and into the parking lot, I noticed immediately how old it appeared. It's a sandy-colored building with rusty metal doors and dark windows. The bricks appeared chipped and worn-down, the interior probably wouldn't be much better. There's a playground outside, surrounded by a withered, chain-linked fence. Sadie's mother dragged us inside to hurry and set up before I could even ask how old the building was. My assumptions were correct with the interior: yellow tile, chipping paint on the walls, and exposed pipes lining the ceiling. At this point, I just didn't like the building. Not for any reasons concerning the paranormal, but just for the fact that the building was old and not appealing to the eyes.

I was informed after church that we had a 10 minute break before Sunday school started up. Curious to meet new people, I followed Sadie into a classroom next the gym where a long table occupied most of the room. Teens in chairs sat around the table and I took a spot. For a few minutes I introduced myself and got to know others until a girl, Paige, asked me if I had heard about this place. I shook my head no and brought my chair closer to her, inviting her to tell me about the school.

The church has been renting the school for two years; Paige had been with the church even before it had started to hold mass in the school. Anything that happened in the school made its way to her in bits and pieces. Apparently the superintendent of the school was haunting the school after hanging himself in either the gym or the hallway. I gave Paige a crazy look at the mention of the word 'apparently'. Nothing was for certain that meant and I wasn't going to let my imagination get worked up. However, I leaned toward Paige and asked her if she would show me around. Just because I didn't want to get my imagination worked up didn't mean that I wasn't curious.

Paige accepted, but whispered to me that she wasn't exactly excited to show me around. I glanced at Sadie and saw that she was preoccupied with the little kids; certainly she wouldn't want to come. Paige and I then went up to the top floor and I peered into every open doorway and around each corner, wondering if I might see anything. Toward the end of the hall on the top lever, Paige stopped and pointed at a door. I stepped forward to try and look through the glass but was held back by my hand. I looked to my wrist and saw that Paige was pointing at the door. "You see that door?" she asked me, "On Christmas Eve last year, we were all in this hallway talking and there was an odd blue light coming from behind the door." An orb is what I thought and I went to look through the glass panels of the door. After pressing my face up against the glass I realized that it was not only frosted glass, but I could see what was behind me better than I could see what was behind the door. I sighed and we went downstairs.

The next place we went to was behind the stage in the gym. While the parents talked, Paige and I slipped through a door. The door leads to a staircase, giving us the option of going either up or down. Paige took me downstairs first, which I really didn't like, especially when the whole bottom floor was pitch-dark. No sooner had we stepped foot on the tile when Paige took off up the steps. Not wanting to be left alone in the dark, I bolted back upstairs. We agreed that we should go upstairs instead.

The ballet studio that we walked into was just as dark. Luckily, an open elevator for the handicapped gave us light from the second floor. The mirrors that lined one wall were free of any smudges or dust. They made the room seem twice as big and twice as empty. Paige didn't really look like she knew this part of the building, and curiously walked over to a door at the end of the room. She pushed it open and we were greeted by yet another staircase, this one just leading down. We started down the steps but they seemed to just keep going. With each step our fear was increasing and we both turned back before even reaching the bottom. On our way up, I noticed a closed door which I assumed to be the boiler room. It sounded like a factory almost, as there was a lot of noise coming from behind the door. I opened it and looked at Paige. There was no way that I was going to look until she looked first.

She seemed to understand the look I gave her and her eyes moved from me to the room. She turned and ran off seconds later. I let the door go and followed her through the ballet studio, down the steps, and back into the gym. Paige was leaning against a wall, breathing heavily mainly from fright. "What did you see?" I asked her while she caught her breath. "At first it was dark, but then I saw a man walk across the room." I didn't exactly believe her, as I had heard that people could easily imagine these things. But no, she swore that she saw someone. Sunday school then began and it seemed like hours before me and Sadie left.

Two weeks later, on Sunday the 25th, I went to church with Sadie again. This time I brought a digital camera and some courage. Paige hugged me as soon as I walked in the door, seeming in a much better mood than last time, and led me into the gym. All three of us stood and talked for a while about school and then we took our spots so that the mass could start. Afterwards, I showed Paige the camera and she agreed to walk around and take photos. Sadie declined the offer to join us, again too busy with the little kids. The first place we went was to the ballet studio. I snapped two pictures, one after the other at the same angle and with the flash on both times. I told myself not to check the pictures until the end until I saw something.

From there we went into the classroom where all the teens sat. I wanted to go downstairs and take a picture but Paige wouldn't go. "You don't know what kind of nightmares I have had of this place." Paige told me. From across the room, I heard Sadie, "You've had nightmares too?" While they talked, I went over to a little girl who didn't seem to be bothered by the idea of the school being haunted. "Want to go downstairs with me?" I asked her as a joke. She shrugged her shoulders and started to walk away. I caught up with her and took out my camera again. I was really surprised that this girl would go with me. I took pictures from three different locations downstairs, feeling calmer with the girl beside me. She didn't really seem to be afraid of anything, and actually ended up hiding and jumping out at me a couple times (which I was not happy about).

I told her that we should get heading upstairs as Sunday school would be starting soon and she agreed. While I sat and waited for Paige and Sadie I went through each set of double pictures. It appeared that I got orbs in five of the pictures. I stopped at one picture in particular and stared at it for a while. Something had to be reflecting it in; there were clusters of orbs in it, not to mention one bright orb right in front of a chair. Quickly I went to the hallway and took four more pictures from the same spot, trying to find what was reflecting. I was only focused on finding something that could cause a reflection and saw that all four photos came up with no bright spots in them.

I hurried upstairs as soon as I got the four pictures so that I wouldn't be late to Sunday school. This time, I felt like Sunday school flew back as I wondered about the orbs. I told both Paige and Sadie about the pictures and showed them after we were released. Paige gasped and began to walk over to a glass case. "You should see this picture." she said and pointed to a picture. The superintendent of the school that 'died' in the school was in the photo not once but twice. He appeared once at the very left side of the picture and once at the very right side. I took a picture of this, in case anyone was interested.

After, I left with Sadie and studied the photos some more while in the car. I found something off in two of the pictures of the hallway. In the one where orbs are all around, there's a door to the right that's partially open. In another picture of that same hallway with no orbs in it, that same door is all the way open. I'm positive that no one went downstairs and moved this door due to the fact that most people are in the gym or the classroom.

Sadie has invited me to come back to the school in two weeks time and I'm wondering if I should bring my camera again. There were two spots that I saw the first time I visited that I never took pictures of: the hallway behind the stage (down the flight of stairs) and the boiler room. Should I get pictures of these places? Also, I looked into this school and the only thing I could find is that the superintendent canned food for the students to provide them with a healthy meal. I saw a picture of the food canner he used and it appears to be quite a large machine. I wonder if that's what I heard and mistook for the boiler room. As for the orb pictures, I'm sure some of you are curious so I'll try to get them up as soon as I can.

School Orbs 1
School Orbs 2
School Orbs 3
School Orbs 4
 
School Orbs 5
School Orbs 6
 

Thanks for reading!

-Hope

Other hauntings by Hopeful23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hopeful23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
ha 2d photo look in the reflextion above the chair looks like someone sitting there I can only make out a head or is it just my eyes playing with me because in the other pictures of the same chair its not there
😲
spinningblades (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
great story this is my first time on this sight
It is possible its just the guy looking over the place 😊
TheNathanNS (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
thanks for showing us these pictures at least it proves your not lying about this
ebony1997 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-26)
this story kind of scared me because as I started reading I saw an orb 😕
GhostHunter555 (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-18)
Lol looks like that guy got held back 70 years for messing up school photos for popularity! 😆
scared-all-my-life (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
Hi Hope. That was one good story. One of my friends had the same problem except it wasn't in pictures it was in a reflection. You certainly do have some stories to tell don't you. How do you get that many, I mean I see ghosts but not that often. Anyway, please reply.

From your biggest reader scared.😁
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Great story wish my school was as cool as this when I was attending. Anyhow Evp or more photos sounds like a great idea if you can get someone to do it with you.

Best of luck and hope to read more of your work soon.

~Shadead.
angeldemon (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-14)
lol Hope. Ironically I'm a science student so I am going to share something with you guys. The "orbs" in every of the pictures are nothing more than dust particles in the vicinity of the camera lense. Particles reflected by the surrounded light and focused on the camera. The particles are close to the camera, which gives them a zoomed effect and makes them look like huge rather "ghostly" orbs. Believe it or not. Its a logical fact.
loltialove100 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-04)
while reading this story I got intersted in where this school is. I would like to know the name of this school asap! Like lots of people I am intersted in the paranormal afterlife. If you could give a email or something to contact you and get these pics I would b most intrigued. I'm probably about the same age as you because I'm 13 so I'm not a weird stalker adult! 😐
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
Hope: Hi, thanks for the update... Just be careful when you place the recorder that you won't get any echoes from say the sermon, or the sunday school... Schools are notorious for the way sound travels, acoustics is the word I'm thinking of (Shew, brain fart! 😆)...Looking forward to hearing your results! ❤
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
News update: Turns out that Sadie has a tape recorder, so hopefully I can use that in the school. I just need to figure out a time when I can do that, since people will most likely hear me if I do it during church. I plan on doing it either in the hallway upstairs or in the ballet studio. I feel comfortable in both of those places (though the ballet studio gives off a creepy sort of comfort! 😆). I will probably try to find out from Sadie or Paige if the school is in use after church. I have my license now and a car, so I can drive there on my own time.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
Hope: You're right, they absolutely would have... Which makes it even creepier! LOL...

Looking forward to more! ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
Hi Hope thanks for replying I do understand what you mean in regards to not leaving the place the way it is, have you had any thoughts on how you would go about this though? The EVP I think could be a great idea maybe if you had one of your friends you could go to some of the more frightning areas of the school turn the recorder on and leave then come back later with your friend to retrieve it. But of course only do what your comfortable with. Keep us posted.

Thank you

Dan
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
zzsgranny-

I'll get that picture to you as soon as possible. As for your theory on the twin, I'm certain that he doesn't. I actually found history on this person but it didn't mention how he died. For some reason, the caption on that particular picture said that he appeared twice in the photo. Wouldn't they have also done research to make sure that it wasn't a twin?

BadJuuJuu-

I would probably be too scared to ever do any EVP work in that boiler room. It's behind a heavy door and I don't even know what's behind it. I also don't have a working voice recorder, so I'd need to buy one of those. Quite frankly, the whole place seems charged with energy and it carries a sense of eeriness throughout the building. I might take more pictures though. Hope you like my other stories!

DARKNESS-

I'm not really sure what to do with my findings. I don't really like the thought of leaving such a place the way it is, you know? If just looking at these photos can give you an idea of how lonesome and dark this building is, then imagine how I feel. Perhaps I could go with BadJuuJuu's suggestion and do an EVP, but I would feel more comfortable preforming it in the upstairs hallway. For some reason it gives me confort, even if Paige said she saw a light from behind a door there.

Thanks for the comments!

-Hope
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
Hi Hope that school seems very dark and lonesome, I get that feeling from looking at the picture of the room with chairs and tables in it for some reason. The picture of the superintendent is strange I don't know what to think of that. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
Great pics, and awesome story. If the boiler room area is far enough away from where the services are held, maybe you could put a recorder in there to try for EVPs.
Pretty new to site, so I'm going to check out your other stories.
Blessings
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
Hope: These pics are really cool! 😊...I for one would like to see the others you mentioned (my e-mail is in my profile)...And YES PLEASE take more, if you feel comfortable doing so...

The one with the superintendent has me baffled!...Could it be possible that he had a twin, or at least a sibling who was a staff member also?...

Good story, and well written... Just remember, we're your friends too!

😆 ❤
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
Aussiedaz-

Nice to hear from you again, I recall speaking to you in one of my other stories as well. I'm glad you enjoyed the story 😊

Archangel035-

I have a picture that I looked over after submitting the story and I realized that the door had been messed with yet again. I got a picture of the lunch room and on the opposite side of the room were the doors I showed in the hallway. In this picture, instead of the right door being opened and the left being closed, the left door is opened and the right is closed. If you want to see this, I could show you via email. Let me know what your thoughts are!

Chopis-

Friends are a great thing to have 😜 I'm glad that you liked my writing, it's been quite a while since I submitted a story and I figured that I should take my time.

If anyone wants to see the picture of the lunch room or suggest what I do next since I'm going back soon, let me know. Your comments really mean a lot to me, thanks for reading!

-Hope ❤
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
Hi Hope,

Good story and very well written, thanks for the pics, glad you are making more friends now:)
Regards,

Claudia
Archangel035 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
What a detailed story. You're a pretty good writer. Hope to see more pics.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
Hi Hope, Thank you for your story and sharing with us your photos, incredible proof, well done Hope and all the best,

Aussie 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: