You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Lingering Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

Lingering Spirits

 

I have not visited this site since 2008; however I am back and much interested in hearing your stories again. I just can't let go of the fact that I was tormented as a child by these spirits at my Mom's house. They would scare the heck out of me when my Mom would leave to work. I have posted two prior stories under the name Velvet, now I go under Velvett1. Please check them out.

My experiences started when I was a kid, I would always hear things in my Moms bedroom. I would hear footsteps walking right in front of me. It never got to the point where I would have to run out of the house screaming. It did however get to the point where I couldn't go to the bathroom alone sometimes without feeling a presence.

The ghosts would bother my Mom when she was single and didn't have us yet. She would go out, and when she would get home and be asleep in the bedroom, she said they would pull the covers of her and she would have to run out of the house screaming. She would sleep in her car sometimes out of fear.

The whole ghost vibe is gone. It's just very strange. I always tried to find out who lived there prior, but my grandparents have owned that property since the 50's and there is no info. Available as to who first lived in it. The property was built in 1923.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Velvett1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

amk86 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
The spirits there could be even older. Usually its the land itself that may be haunted. Remember the land we live on today had people living on it way before people thought to document it in records.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
You might try running a chain of title search. The real estate records should be at the courthouse of the county in which the house is located.

Start by looking up your grandparents in the Grantees' Index. Since you have their names and an approximate date in the 1950's this ought to be the (relatively) easy part.

The record of the real estate transactions will give you the name or names of whoever sold the property to your grandparents. You can then trace back from there who sold the property to them, and so on. It's tedious, but once you have the names of the various owners, you can check old newspaper files for anything unusual concerning the line of previous owners.

Keep in mind, though, that this will only give you the names of the owners; if the house was ever a rental property, you might not be able to trace the tenants.

Good luck. I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories--and don't hesitate to contact me if you feel I can be of any further help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: