You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Last Of Rupert

Real Ghost Stories

The Last Of Rupert

 

I'm not sure, but I think I've seen the last of Rupert, literally.

I was in my bedroom and I noticed something by my dresser. Something I'd seen before, actually, in my sister's apartment, which certainly appears to be haunted--it was like a swirling mist. Then, for no more than a few seconds, I saw a boy with dark hair, kind of pale, wearing black pants with suspenders and a white collarless shirt--time period seemed to me to be early 20th century. He looked at me a little sadly, and I noticed that he was slightly bent over at the waist. The immediate impression I got was that it was either from illness or possible injury, and he appeared to be about 11 or 12 years old. He faded fairly quickly, but that was no real surprise.

I got a feeling of sadness, but at another level I felt as if it was a goodbye of sorts, as if he's no longer around--presumably whatever had been keeping him here isn't doing so any longer.

Things still get moved occasionally, but by no means to the extent they were before.

I'm glad, though, that he isn't 'caught' here anymore--I don't think his life was too happy. I don't believe he was abused, but whatever his physical condition was, it probably prevented him from being a full, contributing member of his family (again, I get this early 20th century vibe, when boys on farms helped with the chores). That's important to all of us, I think, and human nature hasn't changed in millennia.

Au revoir, Rupert.

Other hauntings by libertybelle

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, libertybelle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
libertybelle & FRAWIN--
Good to see you guys back. You've always added a sound intelligence to the dialogue.
My take on this experience was bittersweet; glad the boy has taken some kind of move forward, and like a whiff of lavender, in a manner clean and a bit poignant. Appreciate this latest chapter. So many posters fall away in silence, and I'm curious how some stories go on.
Thanks again.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
Frawin, I'm glad you're back--I remember how annoyed you were when you left. I was off site for quite awhile myself, and when I submitted this story I noticed that they've made a change or two to the submissions policy because of some of the more childish things they'd been getting.

It's quiet around here, but as I said, I don't really miss Rupert, because I don't think he was too happy being here. As I mentioned in a previous post, I believe my home is where the original house on this tract of land stood, and I feel that he just somehow got stuck--perhaps when the original huse was razed, perhaps before--I don't know.

It's nice to be back on the site, though--hoping to hear from some otf the other senior members, too. ❤
FRAWIN (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
It does sound as if he was saying goodbye to you. For his sake I do hope that he has crossed over. A little sadness can be expected but don't be surprised if he stops in occasionally in spirit form. In case you don't know I believe there is a difference between a ghost and a spirit.

Oh by the way thanks for the welcome back. After the "hissy fit" I threw when I left I wasn't sure if I'd be welcome or not 😊.

FRAWIN ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: