You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Someone Died Here 3

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Died Here 3

 

I'm thinking I might have left out too many details about my Tucson experience.

To slow things down a bit when we arrived in Tucson, my wife was the one that went to finalize our details for our condo while I was dropped off at my new job. It was less than two hours at my new job when my wife called and told me about the Environmental Agency guy and all these people all over the house and yard spraying stuff and the guy from the Environmental Safety Agency saying that it was not a safe place for my wife and my kids to move into because there were some serious Environmental issues with the house.

After two days of this, I had no choice. The Creative Director was not there so I asked the owner for some time off to help my family... And she said...go...go...take care of your family.

When I got there, my wife was standing outside with my kids and incredibly stressed and said: "The Environmental Agency guy just left and said we can't move in." There were people everywhere in our condo. I won't spend a lot of time with dialogue. But simply put, my family and I spent the next two days in a hotel.

Once we got the clearance to move in, from the outside, our new home looked very nice. In fact even on the inside it looked nice. Spanish south western architecture on the outside, white walls and very nice tan carpeting throughout. But it still felt as if something was wrong. When we walked in, there were still a lot of people working on the inside of the house. There were people polishing the kitchen tile floor with a circular rotor buff. There were people scrubbing the window edges, the bathroom, and the hallways with vacuum steam cleaners. He told us that the previous owners were heavy smokers and they were trying to clear out the stench. I was a smoker at that time, and I don't remember my house smelling like this house. Then again...LOL...many of us can't smell our own breath...

All humor aside. I went down the hall to our bedrooms. I'm a big believer in checking out where you're going to sleep and pee. As I passed the main hallway bathroom, there was an old Mexican lady scrubbing the shower floor. I said hi... And she said... Mucho plante anga or something. A lot of old...yeah...whatever...a lot of explanations for that. But the real weird part for me is when I opened the arcadia door from our bedroom to the patio and felt this incredible negative energy. I felt it really strong... I thought... This is real weird... What are all these dirt holes in the desert landscaped patio?

When I went back through the house, I looked at our landlord and asked: "What are all those holes in the patio?"

He said: "They're just tortoise holes. They come back now and then expecting to find the rest of their family, which was my wife and I."

I asked: "Is your wife here? I mean like somewhere here?"

He said: "No, she died of cancer two years ago."

"Those tortoises' were her pets? And also the garden?" Which was completely dead by the way. All the cacti and other nice desert garden plants were all dead. The only things alive were weeds and crabgrass.

He said that he had plans to redo the patio garden. The previous owners never took care of the garden.

"How long were they here?"

"About 6 months."

I asked: "6 months, who else before that

He said no one after his wife passed away because he was very depressed and didn't want anything to do with the place. He abandoned it. He promised he would fix the patio. He never once approached the patio garden over the 30 days we were there. I'm sure everyone experiences settling down to a new home.

In the evenings, I would come home and help my wife unpack and put our bedrooms together and settle the kids. It was actually a very nice place. But over the next few weeks things progressively changed.

My wife and my kids fell asleep very early during those first days. While they slept, I would walk around and check the place out. There was still a musty smell lingering in the hallways. But the mustiness was stronger in the bathroom and the kitchen. But for some reason, I kept going back and looking out our arcadia door at the desert landscaped patio, and I just felt such a depressed and heavy feeling.

But I talked to myself. It's a new job; you packed your family up and moved here, it's a different world. But during the time I talked to myself, I studied the patio landscaping. This patio landscaping was not a little tiny piece of dirt that most people in condos have outside their bedroom. This patio was bigger than most people's back yards. A dysfunctional rock water fountain in one corner. Dead cacti everywhere and a small shed in a corner. I decided, next chance I have, I'm going to check out that shed.

Other issues began happening with my family when I went to work.

Less than a week passed when I got a call from my wife. She and my kids were in the emergency room at the hospital. My oldest son was running a fever over 104 degrees.

One night while I was shaving, I heard a loud clunk from the shower. When I looked, the metal soap dish had fallen out of the wall and landed on the tile in our shower. I picked it up and looked at the back, and it was black with fungus. When I looked at the slot of the shower it had fallen from, the entire hole was completely covered with black mold. I thought nothing of it.

We had a wonderful time on Christmas Eve... Even with my son all puffy eyed he still looked very happy. He actually looked like the Michelin tire guy and we laughed about it. But it was still a beautiful Christmas, as Christmases can be without all the BS. We exchanged pretend presents from our kids and listened to Christmas music and had an incredible dinner.

After my kids went to bed, my wife and I cleaned the kitchen. But during that entire time of cleaning, the musty smell never left. The fish smell diminished, but the musty smell got stronger.

The first thing I did before going to work the next Monday was to empty every trash can in the house and pay attention when I came home to see if the smell went away. It not only got stronger, but the fungus stains seemed to be spreading. Not only were they spreading. The stains on the tile and the bathroom walls went into the hallway leading to our bedroom. They became more apparent every day. When I went into the shed, I found cans and cans of antifungal spray and air fresheners. It seemed everything in our new world was going bad. I never heard any moaning... Strange sounds in the night... Nor any visions. You have to understand something. Not all ghosts or entities are like "The Amityville Horror." I hate Hollywood's depiction of entities. They make a mockery of the real experiences so many people have with entities.

That night, I talked to my wife. And as much as I think I have an extra sense, I asked her: "Shall we go home?"

She said: "Let's get the hell out of here."

Other hauntings by DannyBruise

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DannyBruise, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
You are a great story teller... I liked this. The story was creepy. Not sure what to think of it... Creepy.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
One of the creepiest stories I have read so far here!
Those pic's are really something, especially the one with the stain on the walls... I would agree with you on it being blood splattered! I cannot imagine how your wife managed three kids in this place. I do wish you would answer PrincessL's question on why the land lord wanted to crawl down the closet everyday!?
DCinAZ (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
Yeah, the Lisa Frank Co. Is crap now. You were right. She doesn't deserve to have it good anyway. Bad reputation in this town. But don't blame it on Tucson. To others reading this you have to understand, Tucson and Phoenix are huge rivals. I mean HUGE! People in Phoenix call Tucson "The Ghetto" and people in Tucson call Phoenix "Little L.A." (and I'm being nice). They don't like us and we don't like them. Kinda like the Yankees/Red Socks thing or the Dodgers/Giants. That's just the way it is. But Danny, seriously, the crawlspace and the back yard really bug me. Something happened there, something bad. I can feel it in my bones.
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-13)
😊 theory time! My theory is that the landlord tried to contact his wife and then failed, and the evil spirit or what ever it is remain in there... Well its just a theory pumps out of my mind when I'm reading the second one, anyway I think the lanlord was looking for some ritual tools that he used after he contacted his wife, (theory again... I don't know where I get this... Haha...) anyway nice story and thanks for sharing it sir...

-Ayasegawa Yumichika
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-13)
I was wonder was it murder there? The Question is cause blood spatters that you explain and Stuff *Dead things* May have left it there before ya'll move in just wonder why those won't go away...
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
Can I ask you something? This story is very disturbing to me & I'm glad you got away & nothing followed you. I have experienced the same thing. But my question is (I haven't read any other comments, so sorry if I repeat) But why on earth did that man want to get under your house every other day?! What the hell was down there? This is really bugging me. I read all your stories just yesterday & they are on my faves list, BUT I can't stop thinking about that man goin' under the house every day. If he came to me every other day wanting me to take my children outside my home so he could go in MY room in MY closet, I would ask what the F*ck was so important he had to tend to it every other day. I would DEMAND to know. I know your wife probably did, so that's why I'm asking. It actually kept me up last night. Lol. But for real... Bless you & yours. Much love.

~LSD~
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
This is just like the house my parents moved us into when I was young. It was in Golden, CO. The fungus, the feelings of heaviness & depression. Getting ill. But a lot of other things went down as well. This story struck me & will stick with me. Very true & very disturbing. I hope all is well now & I would LOVE to hear more when you can remember more. I know how it is trying to get it all out in one post>one memory leads to others you've not thought of in forever. Bless you & yours. Much love.

~LSD~
Arc-en-Ciel (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
Hai,
First of all, thank you for sharing... I've read your three "Someone Died Here" stories, watched the photos and all that, and I have to admit, this is by far the most credible paranormal story I read on this site. Althought there is no foggy apparition, weird noises or the usual BS we found in others stories, the description you gave of the place, the atmosphere, prove there truly WAS something inside this condo.

The smell is really upsetting. Smells are something we can get used to, unlike cold/warm temperatures (as you said, "we can't smell our own breath") and a smell being that unbearable is completely wrong... Plus, your pet ran away, they might have feel the negative energies in the house.

It's true some plants, like seaweeds, can provoke hallucinations or weird states of mind. I don't know if fungi can do that... Anyway. May mother used to be allergic to fungi, but she did not suffer from high fever. She was suffocating; thusly, I'm not sure your kids' fever was caused by the fungi... (I'm really sorry for your kids. What a hard time they had there...)

Oddly enough, it seems (to me) the house is trying to tell something, or is a way of communication. This may not be intelligent haunting... It seems a feeling is printed into that house... If you see what I mean (please forgive my grammar, it's crappy, I'm french actually).

Now I'm wondering what happened there 😆 my imagination is running wild.
Thank you for telling your story, I'm going to read your other posts =)

Take care ❤
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
I am writing the story now, but the submission is temporarily closed, so I'm waiting for "your ghost stories" to start accepting stories again.

By the way, do you know what it means when you had bad dreams, and you know that you had those very SAME bad dream over and over again but when you wake up you can not remember what the dream is. All you know is that it has been exactly the same dream as before and you are very afraid of it... 😉...just felt weird and confusing...
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
x10,

You know, in retrospect, I many times wish my kids were not so sick and my job wasn't hell. If it was today, now that my kids are grown, I would've spent months there detailing every experience I felt. And not just my experience, but also the physical crap that was happening all over the walls and place. As it was, things happened too fast.
But in my heart of hearts, I swear to this day that some entity was reaching out. But as with most ghost or ethereal world experiences, a lot of people just want to walk away. And that's what I did... Mainly for my family.
Uhhh...It was like..."Screw this crap! I'm outta here!" And those are nice words I'm using, because at the time, all I cared about was my family.

I'm happy to hear that your experience was similar to mine.

Would love to hear a more detailed experience.
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
Here's what I think, maybe the owner's wife (her soul/spirit/ghost or whatever the right term is) is not happy her husband abandoning there house and have it for rent, so she is driving the tenant's out... What do you think of that... 🤔...it's just I knew someone who died of cancer, until that person died she cannot accept her fate.

It's 2 years already since her death and we can still feel, hear and sometimes see her in there now abandoned house. Her family abandoned the house after her death. There was a time I stayed in the house because I love to be alone and had this experience wherein I cannot get into the house even if it was not locked. I can turn the knob but the door won't budge as if a really huge closet is blocked behind the door...

Going back to the condo, Maybe the owner's wife hasn't moved on yet... 🤔
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-01)
hydee

I told my wife we should call the police. But she said the man from The Environmental Agency was the guy in charge...besides, it was a gradual thing, and it took about three and half weeks for the stains to show up. The fungus we found behind the fridge on the day after Christmas when I emptied all the trash because we thought the stench came from the shrimp we cooked on Christmas Day in the kitchen. That's when I followed my nose... And it led to the back of the fridge. It was a very gradual process. In the meantime, I was working 12 hour days on my new job with very little contact with my wife. Unfortunately it was my wife and my kids that dealt with this crap. On one day, the landlord showed up with his new wife... She was 30-something, he was 50-something.
As for the action suit... We did write a letter of testimonial of our experience for the previous renters to give to the court, and we also gave them the name of the Environmental guy... Which they already knew. In fact, this guy knew about the previous complaints, but did nothing.
You have to understand something here. It was stressful, devastating, and all we wanted to do was get the hell out of there. We would deal with everything later. As it was, our house in Phoenix was on the market, and had a realtor lock on the door. I had to break in the back door to get into my house. I spent more than two years thinking of some way I could sue the company I worked for. Believe me... I did not sleep well for months thinking how I could get even. But time passes. Even after twenty years, I read every day about that company and her studio. Her company had no idea what my family went through. I'm happy to say that karma will kick in... Her life is crap now.
hydee (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-01)
have you called the police about the potential body in the crawl space? Maybe have them come out with a cadaver dog?

And on part 2 in the comments you mentioned a class action suit? With who and what about?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
Danny - yeah, still curious about those holes. Am I the only one who thinks the landlord's explanation is...hmmm...strange? Do tortoises just "pack up and go" when people leave? Guess I need to read up on them, huh?

Have you ever seen the Nickelodeon movie "Holes" with Shia LeBeouf? Maybe not that deep 😆, but that's how I see them placed.

Thank you,

Marjie
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
Miracles

On Saturdays when I came home early I would always find my wife watering the plants in the dead garden. She would look at me and say... Maybe the tortouse's will come back. I think tortouse's are cute.
I joked and said to her... Well maybe you should look in one of the holes... She jumped up and ran to the patio...
I looked into the holes. There were not any tortouse's in any of the holes.
Desert tortouse's by the way, are not as small as the tortouse's in your aquarium. They're pretty big. Bigger than a house cat. As big as a big mixing bowl. But very slow, and very lazy. They have no problem with over 110 degree sun in the desert.
I'll post more pics.
Thanks for your curiousity.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
Hey, Danny - ever since your first story, the tortoise holes have been on my mind. I know you worked a lot and weren't home much, but did you or your wife ever check out the holes?

I realize the inside of the house would definitely rank in priority, considering the splatters, mold, etc. And that you and your family lived inside the home.

I'm not trivializing the splatters by any means. That alone would make me want to "get the hell out of" there. Especially taking into consideration the feelings you had to begin with.

I've never been exposed to desert tortoises, so maybe it's normal 😊
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
robertar

Long before the smell or the mold slowly growing, and the stains appearing, when I was looking out at the patio with all the so-called tortouis holes from our bedroom, I just got an incredibly heavy, dark, negative feeling in my heart.
I still have more pics to post... But my wife and I...after the stains became stronger... It seemed whatever the stains were started in the bathroom, next on the hall wall across from the bathroom, then more splatters on the carpet and the wall leading to the bedroom. Of course by this time our imaginations were going wild. We assumed whoever left the stains, started in the bathroom and was struck again as he or she ran out of the bathroom, then again as he or she went towards the bedroom.
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
I'm not one of those skeptics that can explain away everything or who even wants to... But given the mold and the effects on your nervous system how can you differentiate between poisoning and sensation of the spirit world?

I will admit that it could be both... Better to burn the place... Yuk.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
DannyBruise: I understand what you mean regarding not having to see visions or hearing sounds to understand something is very wrong with your home I think maybe your wife picked up on that also. I believe the smell of it and the negative feeling are sometimes a stronger indicator then other senses. Looking at your previous stories pictures, what do you believe was the markings on the wall that became more apparent. I also believe something terrible has happened there I'm happy you have moved on.

Thank you for sharing

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: