You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Footsteps, Breathing, Sighting

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps, Breathing, Sighting

 

I'll start in chronological order.

April 20th 2010 - 0130 Hours CST (1:30 AM)

I am down in the basement of my grandparents' house, they are asleep, and I am lying on the floor watching television. I hear what was fast heavy breathing right behind me. I figure it was either the television or myself, but when I started to breathe through my nose (calmly, no noise) and turned off the television, I still heard it, I looked behind me, there was nothing there, thinking it was maybe that I was tired, I headed to bed.

April 21st 2010 - 2330 Hours CST (11:30 PM)

I was using my computer in the basement to complete my homework for college, I had my headset on, with music playing, the headset is a Razor Barracuda (I think), anyways, I started to hear breathing again, but this time it was slower and heavier, to my left, I took off the headset, and the breathing was softer, with myself breathing through my nose again... I put the headset back on without the music playing, and the breathing got louder. This continued until I headed to bed, at about 0200 Hours

April 23rd 2010 - 1930 Hours CST (7:30 PM)

I was sitting in my grandfather's recliner, watching television, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, however, no one else was home at the time, I looked to see who was there, and there was the black mass just standing there, when I looked away and back, it wasn't there. You can imagine how that would make you feel.

April 24th 2010 - 0000 Hours CST (12:00 AM)

Once again, I was doing homework for college, when I went upstairs to use the restroom, I came back down, and my monitor was off, which I didn't turn off. I turned it back on, the screen started to act weird, and shut itself off again... This monitor is relatively new, so it wasn't a hardware or cooling issue, I turned it back on, and continued on with my homework until about 0120 Hours that morning, all the while I heard the breathing... Same heavy slow breathing.

April 26th - 2115 Hours CST (9:15 PM)

I was in the basement storage area, looking for a computer part that I needed for a friend, when I was in there, I felt a cold touch on the back of my neck, and the heavy breathing again... I went out of the storage area to head upstairs.

April 26th - 2330 Hours CST (11:30 PM)

Several things happened again, my computer shut off several times, when it wasn't overheating (Side of case was open, power supply and other parts were new), I kept feeling a light breath on the back of my neck, over the course of the night, all the while hearing the breathing noises...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gregourii, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Gregourii (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
I appreciate the comments...

My grandparents had a dog that died when I was about 12 years old, though it really didn't like hanging around others except my grandparents.

Yes I have had Military Experience.

Of course I told my grandmother, she told me she had similar experiences, my grandfather told me that I was watching too many ghost shows (when I hadn't seen one in two months).

I'm not crazy or delusional, I'm just confused about the situation.

Stress may have something to do with it but I doubt it.

I'm not Catholic and all I know is that usually 'blessings' may make something angrier.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-08)
A quick clarification on what I said below. These types of rituals and religions are able to achieve these brief reprieves and short lived deals with the diabolocal because they do not pose a threat to the diabolical, more of a nuisence. Kid of like fans.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Hi Aussie;

Thank you,; I do appreciate your kind words. You make a valid point, but the converse, because most of this cuts both ways, is that the longer one waits, the longer it has to embed itself in their lives, which they're great at doing., because they're experts at psych. Ops. But, it's still an interesting point.

JimD
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Gregourii, My apology for not addressing your story, your welcomed to email me if you would like my input on what to do or to discuss yous story,
Sorry again.❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
JimD, you seem like a well intended decent man, a patriot you have my respect old mate and good sir, the point that I'm trying to get across and I feel strongly about, using your analogy when a patient walks into er with chest and arm pain, a doctor should presume it is a heart attack, that' is 100 percent correct, but what most doctors do, is not let the patient know what they suspects until there 100 percent sure first, knowing that anxiety can cause and create further problems,

I actually can remember a couple of people I know who where rushed to hospital convinced they were having a heart attack and walked out a couple of hours latter, FALSE ALARM, it was an anxiety attack, so the point I'm trying to make is we should all ex aim more closely each story first and engage in discussion before unnecessarily creating more fear for the author,

Because the imaginary demons, the ones created through our own thoughts and fears, don't respond to nothing and gain more power as its creator submits them into reality, I speak from experience and have been attack a couple of time myself out of my body, in astro movement and what worked for me was not letting my fear consume me, as it saids in the scripture I will fear no evil, I understand the value and meaning to that line.

Regards
narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
hi JuuJuu...

You today spoke my mind; I have always, while reading those stories about demon infestations and sleep paralysis, thought that I would be ok if the person involved could somehow convince himself/herself that its alla bout a sleep disorder, that way. It'd amke it easier for him/gher to take these things in the stride and ignore them... As you said, it is the strength of the mind that counts while dealing with these things.

I fel while dealing with defeating these "things" we actually are palying to efeat the Fear inside our heart... Thank you for stating.

God bless
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
JimD: Thank you for explaining that to me I will have a look at the website sounds very interesting. Its always good to see things from another persons perspective.

Thank you for sharing this.

Dan
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
I will admit that I do believe that some paganism and new age mystic rituals, and even rites from other religions can bring about a reprieve from an attack by Evil and the diabolical but it is ultimately only a form of appeasement as in we will do this for you if you leave us alone. But none of these are a permanent solution and actually have no spiriotual power over the entities whatsoever, it is nothing more than a temporary deal soon to be broken. These are created beings, not human and their very nature is that of a will that is much stronger than any humans will, much like that of an angel. Christians do not cast out and away demons, Christ through Christians does. So in part I agree with you but self reliance is and always will be the weakest form of spiritual protection and just making a deal with a devil will just get you burned.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
Hi Dan;

Hi everyone. Thanks for the kind words for Ray, who feels we're all certifiable. He's a great Cop, Detective and Sergeant. I retired as a Captain (one week ago - thank God), yet did not have his experiences. I tried and the lads loved me, but not the big bosses. They felt I was too soft. Oh well.

Dan, apparently the Holy Souls (in Purgatory) know tons about us, the living, and even are permitted to appear to the living, if in accord with God's wishes. My prayers and Holy water don't bother them at all. That book, "Purgatory", states that if we, the living, knew the ramifications of our actions and even our thoughts, we would dramatically change our lives. Allegedly, after death, our entire life is reviewed in an instant, and we can see how what we considered to be important to us (to a cop or sailor, like me, getting medals, for example) means nothing at all. What apparently does matter tons is how much charity we showed to others. To the merciful, mercy will be shown.

The lead article on "www.spiritdaily.com" today speaks of a stock broker who had an illumination of soul, and changed his life. You can read it for yourself. The jist is that most of what we feel is important is not, and we see how much time, and offers to true holiness, were wasted due to our pride, which is allegedly the root of all the other sins. Also, the Holy souls explain how Mary is able to obtain early release for many, least they suffer longer. One nun or priest appeared to a friend, and actually burned his hand into the desk, least his friend assume it was a bad dream. I hate to think of it, frankly, because it scares me that a lot of us may be quite suprised one day, and not necessairly for the better.

But, a priest on Spirit daily argues that many hauntings may be the Holy souls, returned for a reason. One priest returned, and his particular Purgatory was to fullfill all the duties, which he had neglected as a living priest, i.e. Tending to cleaning the alter, etc. Seemingly small things. Interesting topic, and on this I know some, but am not an expert. The book "Purgatory" and "www.spiritdaily.com" are good resources.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
I've been reading these comments with interest, and being the opinionated sort can't resist piling in. I really hope not to offend anyone, that is not my intent.
I'm not sure if it's really the Catholic holy water and the names of the Christian deities that make the difference, or the faith of the person using the holy water/names. I think faith is the key, (whether it's faith in Catholicism, or whatever) and showing the entity, demonic or otherwise, that you won't take their interferance in your life lying down.
I've encountered demonic energy, and some seriously freaky human ghosts. And some spirits that helped me through rough times and I consider myself blessed that they appeared in my life when they did. So I certainly agree with the poster who said there are many different types of spiritual entities, good and bad.
I also believe that the emotions we send into our environment play a large part in what sort of spirits are attracted to us. When we are happy, we send out positive emotions, and any spirits who feed on positive energy are generally positive themselves and leave us alone. When we are angry, or stressed, a whole other type of spirit feeds on that, and wants us to stay angry and stressed so they can continue feeding. These aren't necessarily demonic spirits either. I was plagued as a teenager by a vile human ghost. The name of Jesus had no effect, and all the Christians around just kept telling me I was crazy, and needed to pray more. So, the names of Christian deities don't work for every situation. I've seen the name of Jesus work on a demon, but it's a waste of breath on anything else.
I'm a Pagan now, and as zzsgranny had suggested, New Age methods work quite well in dealing with the paranormal. It's worked great for me in any event, but my faith in that is strong, and I believe that to be why it works for me.
Again, I hope I have not offended anyone. Just couldn't resist putting in my 2 cents 😊.
JimD, give your brother-inlaw a high-five for me. Dangerous work those guys do and I have a lot of admiration for people who put themselves in harm's way to protect others.
Blessings ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
JimD: Thanks for commenting on my bit of rambling, I do understand what you are saying and I respect that. That was very interesting what you mentioned about souls in purgatory I would like to know more about this. I read something the other day and I think it is even mentioned in the bible that the dead are concious of nothing what are your thoughts on this?

P.s Darkness is just my site name my real name is Daniel lol.

Thank you
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
JimD: Wow, that is all very interesting... I will check out the website (after dinner though! 😆 I'm starving!)
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
Granny;

Thanks, I'll tell Ray, because he'd never, ever read this site. Absolutely outstanding question. For non demonic souls, I have Masses said on their behalf, to have them move on or get out of purgatory. My prayers of exorcism and those three names do not bother or affect them at all. In a book entitled PURGATORY, one woman encountered her godmother, 2 years after her death. She felt it was a demon. Her priest told her to say the Pope Leo XIII Prayer vs. Satan and the Rebelious Angels. I use this prayer myself, when on a case. She did, and the apparition told her; "I have nothing to fear regarding prayers of the Church". That solved the mystery: Non demonic.

As a foot note, she told her neice she (the neice) would die one year hence, and was in mortal sin, i.e. Bound for Hell. The spirit said that she was free to not believe her, but watch and see if she becomes very ill in about 11 months. She did, and received the Sacraments in time. It's said that souls in Purgatory can and do pray for us, but can't pray for themselves. On the website, "Spiritdaily.com" one priest feels that an increasing number of souls are doing their purgatory here on Earth. This would account for most, if not all, of these earth bound cases.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
JimD: Very interesting... So if by chance your methods do not work, the assumption would be a generally nasty old ghost, and not demonic...

Just curious, what solutions do you offer if that is indeed the case?

And say thanks to your brother-in-law for me too! 😆
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
Granny;

Interesting point. To my experioence, new age methods have not been so. I am normally called after other methods fail. There are bad, negative earthbound spirits, but, remember the law of attraction; a negative / bad human spirit can and often does attract as demon, who often pose as human spirits. Using my remedies, Catholic Holy water and the three names, affects demoans, and not human spirits - in fact, that's one way we discern on an actual case.

Opaleone, no, and no, I never said that. Where are you getting that from? I never said any such thing. And no, I can't stop you from reading what you wish. How strange a comment. I don't care to try. I won't let nonsence, however, distract me from assisting other posters. Four, so far today on personal email. Read what you like - it matters not to me. Free country and all. I post to assist others. I shall continue to do so. Dukes2352atAOL.com. God bless you all, with no exceptions.

By the way, my little sister's husband, Ray, was the lead agent who arrested the Times Square car bomber at JFK airport. WAY TO GO RAY, proud of ya, even though you think everyone on this site is completely nuts.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
JimD: But it's also true that when someone unaccostomed to dealing with the paranormal, or just someone who doesn't "believe", is faced with any kind of entity, they're going to be scared... So the fear factor has at least one draw back, however, a human spirit MAY not want you to be afraid, or try to instill any form of fear...I'll give you that... But like opaleone said, there are nasty human entities also, who don't serve anyone but themselves... I don't believe that these types of beings are demons, in the same respect as your discription... They want to piss off the people that they tormented or were tormented by in life... These entities could also cause a lot of chaos in one's life, True?...

So in a case such as that, IF a person knows who and/or what they are dealing with, would not our "new age" methods be as effective?
opaleone (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
JimD I regrefully say that I will continue reading, and responding when necessary to your posts. You can't stop me.:)

There are over 6 Billion people on the planet. Everyone a little diffenent. There are really horrible, malevolent people on this planet. Are you really saying that when someone dies, that they always become only the positve parts of humanity? Only peaceful and loving? That doesn't make much sense to me.
And once again you're leaving out the many and varied denisons of the paranormal world. There are more things out there then just human ghosts, and the demonic.
Also, yes I did suggest that it might be the ghost of a dog, Anyone that's had dogs knows they like to lay behind you and pant. And when asleep breathe deeply and loudly. More to the point, your response in regards to that was downright nasty. And far less civil than anything I've ever said to you.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
Hi Granny;

That's true, but two telltale signs of the demonic: Fear and chaos. I think we'd all agree that the vast majority of these posters were scared, and that their lives were being thrown into varing degrees of chaos. Also, most of us would concur that a human spirit, what many would perhaps call some type of spirit energy or ghost, would bring calm and peace - not terror, which is what many, if not most, of these people are describing. There is objective truth, despite subjective opinions. But, I like the civil discussion. Best.

PS It does trouble me how active I've been lately. Why is this happening so frequently? Candidly, I'm not sure. I guess that's fodder for another discussion.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
JimD: Not trying to argue but, if you lived in say, South Africa, where zebra are more common, would you think of horses when you heard hoofbeats?...My point being: different environment, different perception... Not everyone hears or sees the "D" word when these same symtoms are mentioned... 😊
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
Hi Dan and Darkness;

I agree, to a certain extent, with both of you. As a veteran who wore the uniform to protect this country, I will defend to the death opaleone's right to respectfully disagree with me, and to post whatever she desires.

I ask that she refrain from reading my posts, and, although it'll kill me, I pledge to refrain from reading hers.

I am repetitive in my counsel, but that is because the symptoms are, over and over again, demonic. Therefore, Catholic Holy water, and those three names, Jesus, Mary, and St. Mike, will help tremendously.

Someone wrote that it could be a kid's overactive imagination. It may well be, but I don't know that and neither does anyone else. Unlike some, I have no psychic ability. I can only read a few paragraphs, and must attempt to discern therefrom. The poster may have imagined it, but how can we assume this? If I walked into an ER with chest pain, and left arm pain, the Dr. Would assume a heart condition. He may well be incorrect, but his assumption and attendand treatment would be reasonable. If I hear hoofbeats, I look for horses, and not zebra. These symptoms, most of the time, are clear. So, therefore, so is the response. Two more personal emails today. I'm used to that now, and it's my pleasure to help. Cor ad Cor Loquitor. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
I think all these comments and opinions are getting blown a bit out proportion each to there own I say, you do not have to take in and believe what other people are saying and you also don't need to respond to them saying you believe otherwise. I think that's what causes a lot of bantering on this site, yes in some cases it is healthy to talk it out, but I find when we do this we tend to move away from what was originally posted by the author! Maybe we need the chat forumn put back on this site again haha. This is only my opinion I respect everyone on this site. All the best to you all.

Thank you

Dan
narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
[at] opaleone... I think you are not allowed to make personal posts and snide remarks at others. You might not agree or share the same thoughts or opinions as others, but that dosent give you the right to be juvenile or abusive. And you say that people are forcing down their religious dogma down people's throats; well then you too are doing the same by attacking others for their beleifs.

Just as granny said, even I do not always agree with what JimD says; and I'll also agree that he seems to label a haunting as "evil" whenever it has to do with shadows or growling...however, that dosent mean I cannot point out my disagreements in a respectful manner... And I hope now you will too... If you do not like people being dogmatic towards you, then you too should not behave that way towards others.

Thank you.

😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
opaleone: You're right, there's always more to the stories that are posted, info that wasn't included or forgotten... And to jump to the "evil" conclusion just by reading the story and not asking any questions to clarify the intent of the entity is irresponsible... In my opinion (LOL!)...

And to immediately tell someone that they're dealing with a "demon" is like telling someone with a bruise on their knee that you think it's "cancer"...you could scare the daylights out of someone with the choice of words...

But I think in this case, we should wait for the poster to respond and go from there... 😊
opaleone (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
I've certainly never said that I absolutely don't believe in super negative entities. (And if they're negative to the point of evilness what does it matter what we call them?) I have said we need to not just jump to perhaps unwarrented conclusions.
I do thank you zzgranny for the comment that it was all done in a mature manner. (At least until JimD popped back up again...)
I do always try and say it point-blank while still being as respectful as possible.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
Aussie: Well stated, and I completely agree... Maybe the other posters could try not to frighten authors with the "D" word... Give your advice but don't lable it a "D" word immediately?...Just a suggestion... ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
All I can say is, if you convince someone that they are being attack by a demon? How would this make them feel safer, some of these authors are only frighten children with over sensitive imaginations, in some rare stories maybe about one in a hundred, it is the cause of something evil, the problem with brushing all these stories with one stroke you end up doing more harm than good, your fear is what feeds evil, but we all do have a right to post what we believe, end of comment.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
Opaleone: LOL!...You got me there!...I guess we just agree to disagree... So one thing that I and a few others who have actually been involved in these kinds of banterings (Is that a word?) have done is make a serious attempt to give others the benefit of the doubt, open our minds a bit and try to see things in a different light...It's hard, I gotta say... Specially for someone as opinionated as myself... Because I know I'm never wrong LOL 😆

And debate is healthy, I think... At least if done in a mature manner, which by the way this debate was, in my opinion, which is never wrong...

I think we just have to accept that everyone on this site has something to offer, and is willing to share that knowledge, even though their views will most likely be opposed by someone at some point...

That doesn't mean that you shouldn't voice your opposition... You have the right to do that... But once that is done, well, it should remain so... I hope this post has made sense... I am "the queen of ramble", after all! 😆 ❤
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
Granny;

I had to add: apparently yes, you are. You were fair and objective enough to state that, although you may not agree with everything I may post, you've seen the results. You told the truth about this. Others will never accept that I know what of I speak. Dozens of cases and five years experience has trained even a dope, like me. I do learn from experience. As a veteran, I had to.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
I guess simply posting foe the edification and assistance of others is "shoving down a throat". Elequently put, by the way. Holy water has objective power and usage, whether one believs or not. Once this poster burns down the house, with no relief, I'll get another email, which is why I'm here. God bless.

PS There's that anger issue again. Lol

Granny; I always liked your style - you're a fair lady, unlike others!

Jitow - don't bother; her mind is closed, ergo, there's no point.

A Dog, are you joking? You're not, are you, and that's the tragic point. Pls. Read 'Hostage for the Devil' and 'Beware the night'. Then let me know.

To the poster: Get and use that CATHOLIC HOLY WATER. Let us know the results, not that facts will convince the closed minded.
opaleone (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
I have never been offended by fair mediation zzsgranny. Thank you for your balanced view points. And well thought out questions. Bacially we're all waiting for Gregourii to respond...
Also, in regards to "I've learned from experience that there is no arguing with folks of their mindset..." Sigh. I know, I know. But ignoring them doesn't work out either, so what are we all left with?

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: