You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Scarlet People

Real Ghost Stories

Scarlet People

 

I was around 13 when this stuff happened. Now, looking back, I'm not sure if some of the sleep paralysis was a symptom related to narcolepsy. (I was reading about it apparently sleep paralysis upon waking is a symptom.)

I had been falling asleep and waking up within an hour of falling asleep with a weird feeling in my stomach. I can't really describe it... I think the closest thing to it is when you're doing crunches and your muscles quiver from the strain - only I was completely relaxed. That's how it started.

Then I started waking up and not being able to move or speak. That terrified me and it persisted no matter what I did.

One night I fell asleep and 'woke up'. I was absolutely completely awake while I was asleep. It was like the past nights, I couldn't move or speak. Only this time there was this sort-of vortex at the end of the bed and I was being pulled into it. I could turn my head and there were three people standing in my room. They were dressed in sort of Victorian clothing and it was sort of maroon or scarlet colored. Since I couldn't speak I was screaming in my head for help but they just sort of looked at me. I don't know if the people were good or bad but going by the fact that they didn't help me and that I was afraid when I saw them, I'm assuming they weren't good. Then I woke up for real this time.

I don't really know if this is a 'ghost' thing but I found it very peculiar since very soon after that, my sleep paralysis stopped. I've never seen the Scarlet People (that's what I call them). Nothing has happened since then, the thing or whatever it is hasn't done anything like moving things, or speaking up, for all I know it could be good or evil, it could be an guardian angel or a evil entity... Who knows?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CC38467, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ashleylesley (6 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
i have narcolepsy and when the symptoms appear full force I have hallucinations. I didn't develop narcolepsy until last year. It can develop at anytime but usually when you are around 15-25. I'm not saying it is or isn't paranormal. But if you are concerned about it go to the doctor and ask them to check you for a sleep disorder.
UnderRedSky (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
Hey, interesting post, thanks for sharing... I think I know what you mean by the 'being awake while asleep part.' I get that sensation too either when I crash for a nap or try to fall back asleep in the middle of the night. I had a bad experience with it the other night (maybe four nights ago) where I was struggling to move and, in effort to break free from whatever was holding me back, was able to extend my left arm... And I could see right through it! It was ghostly transparent. But it was just a dream, probably nothing more. The vortex bit though... That's a bit creepy. I think I'll post a story on this just to get some talk goin... I'm also new to this site.
Peace.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
You said: "I'm not sure if some of the sleep paralysis was a symptom related to narcolepsy."...Do you have narcolepsy? My father once had a friend with that and he would keep falling asleep and waking up all during the visit while he was in the chair across from my father, trying to hold a conversation.
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
Hey CC thanks for sharing that would most definatly be unnerving, I for one believe there's no real way of telling good from bad unless it really let's you know its intentions. Being affraid of them doesn't necesarily mean they are bad/evil but it is a rather natural reaction to encountering somthing unknowen or more precisly 'little knowen' which allows perceptions and fears we precive to be real because that's what our mind tells us we should do.
Best of luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: