You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Checking In

Real Ghost Stories

Checking In

 

In my last story Bits and Pieces 2 I was talking about how half asleep I heard noises, and voices that woke me up and I couldn't find what it was.

Well an hour ago I lay down for an afternoon nap, I have a really bad blocked and runny nose, and a cramp in my leg that has been there for two days, I just wanted to get away and sleep!

As I was lying back in the recliner on my side, with my blanket on, trying to sleep, half asleep again I heard a voice, It sounded like someone talking over a microphone, or a PA system at school, loud, a bit odd and not that easy to make out. He said a few things, which I couldn't make out, and then I heard a female ask a question and he answered, at the time of listening to this I could also hear my own thoughts, and I was thinking that I asked the question, though it wasn't my voice or my words, I was just thinking "this is weird, I wonder what people on ghost stories would make of this" and then I heard him for the last time, this one I could make out, he said "How do you feel now?" all this happened with in only a couple of minutes.

Half an hour after I lay down on the recliner, I got up, and went into my mum's bed, her room is right next to the lounge, and mine is at the end of the house, and in the afternoon sun, so I just figured it would be easier to go to her bed to sleep for a bit, so I moved, and I was there thinking about the voice I heard, and I heard some music, I don't remember much about it, it was only a few bars, and It wasn't from outside, and then I had this image in my head of going to the back door and letting a small white Maltese/shiat zu type dog in, and it jumping on my bed, and then I felt this push on my but/hip, like a dog was laying down next to me, I do have a dog, and regularly have to go to let her in especially now it's coming into winter and too cold to leave the door open, but she is a blue healer, that's like 5/6 times bigger than the dog I saw.

Usually I can never sleep during the day, I always doze, which I was doing today, unless I'm a lot sicker than I am or I only got one or two hours the night before, and I got lots of sleep yesterday, as I said It was an hour of dozing.

I told my mum about what I heard and she said something that I wouldn't have thought of, she said "Maybe it's your dad seeing if you're ok, you are sick after all" So now I wonder if it was him.

Other hauntings by MissHill

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissHill, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
Devious, Thanks again, the house is approx 7 years old, we have been here for 2 and a half, before that for a year was a guy who moved a few hours away and before that it was a rental since it was built.
A weakening, sounds interesting.

Aussie, Thanks, I am keeping everything in mind, though until I posted these I didn't know what everything was!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
These experiences are so common for those who are light sleepers, I have suspected for a long time that the state of consciousness you were in, half asleep half awake, is a receptive transitional state of mind, due to the penal gland in the brain area which moves us in and out of a deep sleep creating these experieces, most people go to sleep with no problem, others like you can receive or communicate messages from beyond, the caution I give to you in this state of consciousness, is that some times what we here and feel is sometimes created from our imagination, brought to reality from our dream state and not the paranormal, its not always easy working out which is which, but I suspect you will have more of these experiences in the years to come.

Be careful what you read on this website, sub conscious suggestion could create a few unwanted experiences.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
I'm not sure on this one. It may be nothing, but it may also be demonic. Just in case, I'd sprinkle Catholic Holy water around, if this visitor should return. If it reacts to that and the names of Jesus, Mary and St. Michael the Archangel, then it's definately demonic. If you need more counsel, my email is Dukes2352atAOL.com.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
Well, in older times, doctors frequently did housecalls, too.

It's possible that it could be from previous tenants, or possibly even just a "weakening" in the atmosphere there... Giving you a glimpse into a different time or a different place with these audial encounters.

Though it's not very interesting to know that the place was likely a strawberry farm before, it would be interesting to know more about who lived there. Perhaps that might give you some insight?
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
unfortunately there was nothing like a hospital on this land. With a strawberry farm two blocks away, and my estate being called "Strawberry Fields" I doubt you need to look up the history to tell what it was.

Though saying that, I do have some parch marks (?) in my backyard, that kind of look like a small hut, though that could be from anything, and I just realized maybe a pump for the water, maybe not.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
I was also thinking that the voices you heard might have been residual. Perhaps a replay of radio or TV, or even of events that happened if something was on the land before your home, like a hospital or psychiatric office. I don't know why I get that feeling but I feel a bit like this was a doctor interviewing a patient.
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
I guess everything is a possibility, boring or not!

And no never had any small dog, or white.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
Hm, as to the voices when you are half-asleep, I can think of a couple possible solutions. One, humans are a bit more in tune with the collective unconscious in the half-asleep state, so a psychic experience while half-asleep is plausible. Two, and this possibility is admittedly boring, do you use a hearing aid sort of device, or have braces/alot of fillings? Those things can broadcast radio waves in your head and be absolutely obnoxious. Told you it was a boring possibility 😊.
As to the dog, that one is a lil tougher to answer. Have you ever had a dog of that type? Maybe that was something sent by your father to check on you. Or perhaps the dog is a spirit attached to the house.
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
Hi there,

Perhpas you are one of those psiquics that hear voices, clauriadient or something they call them... Why don't you ask and see if the "voices" you hear, come back with a logical answer?, 😕

Cheers,

Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: