You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Countless Times

Real Ghost Stories

Countless Times

 

My name is Akela, I'm currently 22 years old. I can remember the first time I had felt someone watching me who wasn't even there. I was about 12 years old and in foster care. I was living in Scottsdale, Az at the time.

It was my bed time and I had to sleep in a room by myself. I was always scared when I slept alone. I always felt like someone was there wanting to grab me and harm me. I use to pray when I would feel this way, or even sing to try to comfort myself. But this one night felt different to me, I could feel someone in the corner of my room, watching me. My room was well lit due to the fact that I was scared of the dark. But in this one corner I could see this shadowy figure like a void. I couldn't catch my breath; I would look up at the ceiling, thinking to myself that it wasn't real. But I would look back over to this corner and my shadowy figure had moved closer, I looked back up; shaking my head, denying it was even there. But still I could feel him next to me breathing on me. I cried, I tried to pray but the words wouldn't come to mind, or even come out of my mouth. Soon enough I felt this massive figure on top of me, holding me down by my shoulders. I was so scared. But I still kept on trying to pray, but this time I could think the words, "GOD PLEASE HELP ME!" Suddenly the shadowy figure was gone. All I could do was cry.

I went to school that next day and got on one of the computers, trying to find out what was going on with me. I thought I was crazy. But I found a few things that were somewhat helpful. Something called "Sleep paralysis". I thought it was the answer I was looking for. I didn't have any more problems after that for a good long while.

A few years had passed by I was 19 years old and living in Commerce,Tx. I was dating a guy who worked nights and would come and sleep over at my house during the day, so that we could spend some time together. On this one day, I was lying down with him, I had that same feeling come back to me, and I was being watched. I could feel my stomach turning. But I just laid there hoping that nothing would happen due to the fact that my boyfriend was here with me. But I was sadly mistaken. In broad day light, my shadowy figure was there watching us. I woke my boyfriend hoping that he could see him too. I was crying and shaking, he was confused on why I woke him, and all I could do was point and scream. He quickly turned around, what he saw made him jump, and grab me by the arm and run down the stairs, and out the front door, I could barely keep up with him. He asked me so many questions that I really didn't know the answers to. I thought it was just a dream when it happened the first time. But now I know I wasn't crazy, because he saw it too.

I ended up getting pregnant, and hadn't really had many problems. I've had my bad feelings, but no shadowy voids, but just very bad feelings. But now that I'm 22 years old I've been able to do more research, and now my thoughts are that I have Sleep paralysis, or I'm just crazy. If anyone has any information on if I'm crazy, or if it's real. Please let me know.

With much love, and prayer.

Akela

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alintz88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JazzRaym (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
hello, no you're not crazy, its real...
You know, that human can never understand spirits. They do that due to their own matter.
Means they want to do what they wish... And start pissing peoples off.
alintz88 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
Thank you for all your comments. They meant a lot to me. Its good to know I'm not crazy. Even thou I've felt that way for some time. ❤ Ya'll really helped. Oh and it was my ex- boyfriend now. LOL. But I have seen it again after so long of him being gone. And now all I can do is cry, and feel completely stupid.

But thanks again for all your comments! ❤
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
Hi akela! I don't think that it is sleep paralysis. Most void or shadow people are connected to our negative thoughts and feelings. Sometimes we have to let go of those feelings to avoid those shadow people. Shadows could also be associated with things or people attached to us. Just pray to God. God Bless you.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Hi;

You're not crazy, and it was demonic. Black shadows, terror, an attempted assault, posssibly sexual in nature, all = demonic.

Pls. Get and use a lot of Catholic Holy water, especially at night. Also, the names of Jesus, Mary and St. MIchael the Archangel will give this vile thing a moment of pause.

If Catholic, attend Mass, confession, and Communion - often. The Holy Rosary also helps, a lot.

Whether Catholic or not, get and liberally use that Holy water, which is in a font at the back of most Catholic churches.

Email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com, if this vile thing returns.
darkQueen (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
of course your not crazy 😁 if your boyfriend saw it. Just get a cross or if you are brave you can tell the spirit to leave remember you have gods voice ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
A. You're not crazy.
B. This doesn't sound like sleep paralysis.
As DeviousAngel said, it seems like something has attached itself to you. If you are a Christian-sounds like you are- get with your priest/pastor and explain the situation if it ever happens again. As a point of curiosity, when this started happening when you were a child, were any other members of the family aware of anything odd? Had anyone in the home messed around with a Ouija board? Or otherwise dabbled in the occult? It's infuriatingly easy to open doors to darkness.
Best wishes.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
For the most part the Catholic Church does believe that these entities do have the ability to manipulate the twilight slleping stage of certain people Plus normally what one experiences during these events are usually not the subject of their regular dream patterns and even though the brain is very powerful it is not likely that it would produce so many similar sightings and experiences that folks that suffer from SP have. It is also very common that the encounters can be ended by the mention of or the mere thought of Jesus/God. Again this pattern is not associated with normal dreaming patterns. Although sleep paralysis has become a catch all name for these experiences, the people that suffer from them almost to the letter have an extremely hard time reconciling it as just dreaming.
hallowfied (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
well I agree it doesn't look like sleep paralysis or old hag syndrome, since your boyfriend can see it, that means it that was real! Damn can't imagine what would I do if that happens 😐 it seems I want to shout expecto petronum! Reminds me of those dementors (lols) anywayz just keep on praying, well I know "HE" (up there in heaven) keeps on watching you 😉

Godbless

Hallowfied DhOnSk!e
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
This doesn't sound to me like a classic case of sleep paralysis. The fact that your boyfriend saw this entity seems to point to something having attached itself to you. Since you are religious, invoking your deity and praying before you sleep should help out. When you see this thing, do everything you can not to panic, and tell yourself it cannot hurt you so long as your faith protects you. A lot of its power probably comes from your fear, so don't give it what it wants.

Love & light...DA
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
sorry I don't think its sleep paralysis. Not if your boyfriend saw the void the only time you get sleep paralysis is with the void and he saw it so its there not a dream or something sorry to burst you bubble.
Guess its easier to be mad then huanted especially with a child.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: