You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Closet Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Closet Ghost

 

So other then the mommy ego story that my cousin posted, there's been other encounters with the afterlife that we've had. This one though doesn't involve my cousin but involves me and two of my brothers.

We had just moved into a new house after living at my grandparents and I was about 16 years old. The only people living there were my parents who had their own room my autistic brother who had his own room and me and three of my brothers Man, Eli and Princeton who all shared a room. Man usually would take off somewhere else and rarely stayed at the house but we all had one problem with our already overcrowded room... Someone else was staying there.

Every day and night at some point the closet door would fly open no matter what you did. You could block the door with a chair and it would move the chair, the knob would turn and it would open. At least that's how it was at first until I got angry with the door swinging open one day catching me off guard. I dropped my food on the ground and instantly insulted whatever it was causing this to happen. It went from not just opening the closet door but to throwing something like an empty soda can or a book at me then it would slam the door quickly. Well from there we went to war. I would throw objects back, insult it and I even taped a bible to the door after taping it shut. Once I barricaded it and constantly made fun of it as the door couldn't open.

My brothers thought it was funny at first but later on began to get scared saying I shouldn't mess with the dead, and they were right I probably shouldn't of. Well I don't really know what happened because one day I got so frustrated with it I yelled, cursed and threatened it and just like that everything stopped (except the occasional closet door opening but this time it opened slowly). Then one night I was asleep, Princeton was on the computer and Eli was on the top bunk doing something on his phone when the door slowly creaked open. Instantly I woke and yelled "close that door!" and it closed quickly. From that day every time I would yell that after it opened it would close.

Later on we would all moved out of that house, My parents bought a new one, Eli and Man went to collage I joined the Marine Corps and Princeton moved up north. But I'll never forget that place and that weird ghost that lived there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Unreal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Unreal (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-04)
Thanks just recently returnd from afghanistan and saw my story finaly went up
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
Unfotunetly you can't phisicaly harm this thing like it can you by throwing things. But you took a stand.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
instead of cursing and shouting at the unseen you could have talked to it and told it that he is not welcomed in your place.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Thank you for sharing this experience! I have to say that I got a laugh out of it too. I'm glad you were able to stand up to this thing instead of being afraid of it. I can totally imagine you two throwing a temper tantrum at each other, yelling and cursing and throwing things. I think that spirit got more than it asked for! Taunting it might not have been the best idea, but fortunately for you, it did not seem to escalate.
Taytay99 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
I giggled at the fact you both thrown things at each other.
I doubt it was any bad ghost, just one that wanted attention.:)
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
Okay, this is the funniest damn story I have read on Your Ghost Stories in the last three years! It does sound like a "human" ghost, as BadJuuJuu said. I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read about your taping the Bible to the closet! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. You made my day!

Best wishes
Watersprite 😆
jessiep (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
LOL haha you taped the bible to your closet! Good move;)
Lmao 2 thumbs up:)
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
Unreal, I do understand your reactions and once upon a time I'd responded like you did, try walking through an apparition, probably the silliest thing I did leaves you with some awkward chills, folks its all about controlling your fears I think? Thanks for the story mate, you won't need a demonologist.😨
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
Unreal: I agree with the other posters about being respectful, but seeing as how you were pretty young I bet the thought never crossed your mind!...Kids just don't think about stuff like that 😆, all they want is to be left the HELL alone by someone who's bugging them, whether they can see them or not!...

Your account left me in stitches!...You sound a lot like me and my ghosties!...Good story, thanks for posting! 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
This is actually pretty hilarious, the mental images of you and the closet throwing stuff back and forth, priceless 😆.
Sounds like a human entity that wanted some attention, and got more than it bargained for. Human spirits will sometimes go away if you tell them firmly enough. You may have told this one a little too firmly and started a rather comical battle of wills.
Blessed Be.
LewisR (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
It looks like that the closet was an entrance for that paranormal entity to enter your residence, and to exit.

You did a good thing by standing up to it. However, I wouldn't of reccomended taping the door. The entity would of eventually got agitated with you and would of lifted it's activities.

Your lucky to have moved out of that house when you did. Whenever your in a situation like this one again, stand up to it (shout at it like you did at this one) but don't underestimate what it can do to you. Preferbly, don't do anything to annoy it.
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
As others have said before me, the mental imargery is rather comical. But it has been my experience that when an entity encounters one (being you in this instance) with a stronger will, or if the ghost/spirit/entity is particulerly non-confrontational it will do as request, or in your case commanded, this is by no means always true and can lead to quite the power strugle in some instences.
opaleone (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
This story was pretty great. I have a very strong mental image of you taping the door closed and then taping a bible to the door.

I agree with DARKNESS that generally I would have been a bit more respectful and cautious of an unknown paranormal entity... But none the less, it seemed to work. (Generally I tend to advise people to stand up for themselves in these situations, and not to act victimized by events.) Not really necessary in your case though... 😉
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
Unreal: Sorry I had to laugh at this account you did show the cupboard who was in control, guess it didn't like being teased and having things thrown at it lol. Although your lucky in a way that's all that ever happened, I would have been a bit wary about insulting it, things like this need to be treated with a bit or respect especially when you don't know what your dealing with.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
this is a funny story, I like that you didn't back down. You had that ghost in CHECK! Too funny.
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
lmao guess you taught it whose boss. It must have been scared trying to sneek open the door.

Semper fi

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: