You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Newspaper Project

Real Ghost Stories

The Newspaper Project

 

It was a rainy November of 2006 if I remember it right. We were asked to create our own newspaper. That means literally visiting police stations, murder or accident scenes, funeral homes and the like. This is because we need factual information since our subject back then was one of our majors. I took broadcast journalism by the way.

When we finally finished editing our news articles, the entire group went to our house for an overnight lay out. I was very very sick back then because I got wet for several days trying to get a good scoop for my news. While using our home computer, something went wrong with the CD, it wouldn't load in the CD Rom, so my classmate Daniel (not his real name) suggested that we go to his house because he got a back up copy of our files in his computer. They told me to just stay at home and communicate with them through text messaging since I was dead sick. Everyone agreed with the suggestion and packed up our stuff and then another classmate Susie who is also a friend sat on my parent's bed (we were doing the project in the masters bedroom since the computer was set up there). Her face was blank for a minute and when she recovered she told the whole group to just stay in our house and do what we can do for the project. Daniel asked her why, but she just kept saying, "No, please, let's stay here or if you want we can leave early in the morning after sunrise." I was just lying on the bed, looking at her because I knew something was wrong.

After a few minutes of more convincing, the group finally decided to wait 'til sunrise. By then, my mom came and told me to take a rest in my room and she'll be sleeping with me so I can sleep well (when I'm sick I'm such a crybaby, ha-ha). I then went to my room which was located in the second floor and laid on my bed. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, but then after a few minutes, I started seeing this very bright light on a corner near my closet. I was seeing that bright light with my eyes closed, it was very bright and then I started to see a form, a body of a man wearing slacks and I think a long sleeved shirt, I don't know if he was wearing white clothes or he was just shining because all I knew is he was white and shining. He was a guy, I knew for sure because of his shape but he was headless. The moment I realized he was headless he was gone. I wasn't scared though, I've seen spirits around.

After I calmed myself, I texted Susie, because before I went to my room, she was crying. I said "What did you see?" She replied, she said she just suddenly saw right before her eyes a scene, Daniel being held by a hold upper and they were about to cut his head, she wasn't sure if everyone was at the scene, but she knew some of them were there, but the main focus was with Daniel. She said that was the reason why she burst out into tears. She was hell scared by what she saw and thought it was a premonition of something bad that is why she convinced the group not to leave.

I then told her about what I saw, the headless guy, and we both agreed that what we saw were connected. After a few hours, probably around 4 am, Daniel's sister texted him and said she was on her way home from work (she works graveyard shift for this company named NANO in Clark Field) and she happen to pass by a crime scene, like a guy was robbed and was hanged on a tree with his head almost unattached to his body. And they said the time the crime happened was the time that they were about to leave our house and pass that way.

Do you guys think everything was connected or something?

Did my friend have a premonition?

Who was the headless guy I saw?

Other hauntings by yellowbelle

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, yellowbelle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
creepy... 😨 I am also a Filipina and I believe that the premonition of your friend and what you saw are connected. Good thing you did follow your friends advice even though I know that you guys have doubts at that time.
yellowbelle (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-09)
thank you for the reply guys...

I still have another similar story that happened to me and my friend "susie"...

I don't know how things happened, I don't know if it's because we're both sensitive that we somehow can connect things...

I'll post the story soon...
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-09)
It just goes to say, nothing is random... And nothing is per chance...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Thank you for sharing your story with us, belle. How terrible for something like that to happen to someone. I definitely think you saw the spirit of the man who had been murdered, and I think your friend caught a premonition of the crime. I suppose there's no way of saying for sure that her warning prevented "Daniel" from becoming the victim, but I do think it's possible that she somehow caught onto a sort of "parallel universe" where your friend was the victim. Either way, I'm glad that no one among your friends was hurt. I'm always interested in hearing about this sort of thing and I wonder if there is such a thing as fate, and if so, how sensitive individuals are able to manipulate outcomes. I like kardagan's wheel theory.
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
A premonition I would agree, the headless guy was most likly the victim of the attack. I have a theory, its a bit of a stretch but ill stick my neck out. If fate is a wheel with many spokes attached to the same outcome then the crime was -going- to happen, say the hub of said wheel. Then each spoke would be the souls connected to that crime, now due to your friends premonition the wheel turned, who's to know how many times before the connection landed on the person who made it to the hub/completed the turn, then because all are connected he came to your friend who may not be sensative enough to pick up on them, so in turn approached the nearest sensative who could let the other spoke (your friend) know the turn was completed. Like I said a stretch, but in my mind plausiable.
hallowfied (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
hi yellow belle nice story anyway I remember 1 of my cousin do have thesame thing though, everytime he sees premonition he intend not to tell anyone, worse every person that he see's in his premonition end up dead. That's the reason I do believe in premonition, as for me premonition acts as warning, got option to ignore though, but the moment thing happen you can never tell what would you feel... Anyweiz sorry bout your friend 😢 by the way I came from the philippines too, so its good to hear that someone from us can share, I'm about to post my stories too but I'm too lazy to do so, aneweiz xiao

Godbless
-hallowfied DhOnSk!e-
narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
hey that was a most interesting and intriguing tale I have seen recently... Thanks for sharing. It was definitely the lynched guy's spirit you saw.

But one thing that I cannot understand is, why did his spirit show itself to YOU? 😲
pipsta (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
That is quite unnerving! I would say definitely, yes, a premonition, somewhat more gruesome than my similar premonition (which I didn't listen to and paid for it) but I can understand the confusion.

Thanks for sharing!
Craig:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: