You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Great Grandparents' Old House

Real Ghost Stories

My Great Grandparents' Old House

 

My name is Celina and I am 16 years old, I live in Alma Nebraska (for anyone who wants to visit one of the old houses). I have a few experiences that I would like to share with you guys in hopes that you could possibly help me. Nothing very bad has happened to me here, but if there were any good entities here other than my guardian angel, then I wouldn't be having these bad feelings and unsettling experiences.

When I was 4 or 5 I had my first encounter with the paranormal: I was playing on my Great-Grandparents stationary bike in the basement. The T.V. Was right in front of me but facing the south wall while I was facing the west wall trying very hard to see the television. Once my legs had gotten tired enough, I decided to get off the bike. Generally when you are ready to walk someplace you look in the direction (am I not correct?). So, I looked over at the hide-a-bed because I was ready to sit on it. But for some reason my little bag was actually in the air. Then dropped to the floor in front of the couch thing. Then like a dumb kid I walked over there, put it back where it was, and THEN I ran upstairs frightened.

These last events happened when I was 14 or 15 (please tell me what kind of haunting this is), I have heard breathing by my ear and once I could not move my leg. All the while these things happened I would sing Jesus loves me or another religious song in my head to make it go away. These things had stopped after a while. But I do know it was a demonic what-ever-it-was, because I would wake up around 3 a.m. Whenever these things would happen.

I used to sleep on the couch upstairs for a very long time when this was happening; I refused to sleep in my room downstairs because the first night I stayed down there something started shaking my door in the middle of the night. It has never happened again.

I now sleep in my room again much because of my boyfriend who didn't like the idea of me sleeping there. I always sleep with the door open now needless to say as well. (Although you'd still think I'd feel better with it closed, but no.)

The demonic entity has been quiet now, although I do know it is still here on account of my bad feelings in this house. I do believe I have forgotten to mention something quite important. I used to live in southern California, I moved to Nebraska when I was 14 because of school crap. The house is the same one. Just with more events. My great-grandparents are now dead and I do miss them dearly for they were the best I could have ever had.

I do not believe that any dead inhabit this house. I'm a firm believer in that every entity is a demon and that they are trying to get you to trust them and fall away from the light. (Although I would probably like it better if they were dead people.) I won't talk to it in case it doesn't go away. I just need to know how to get it out of my home and my life forever without any of the feelings ever again.

By the way, I am not Catholic, so I don't think the holy water thing works for me...

Thank you guys so much for reading, please tell me what I can do

-Celina

P.S. I'm sorry if there are any spelling and grammar issues. I am but a teenager after all.

Other hauntings by CelinaCyanide

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CelinaCyanide, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CelinaCyanide (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
JPing: I can understand where you might say this. The house, even if it is old, never had that dark feeling to it. When that experience that experience I had when I was younger happened, I couldn't remember the dark to it. Now whenever these things happen, it gets stronger.

I haven't been able to put any of the stories on here for a while, mostly because the thing keeps telling me I can't. 😭

But ever since that I put this story up more things have been happening.

The overactive imagination thing... People have been telling me that it has probably been that for years. I haven't really had an imagination since I was like 6. 😕 Sad, but true.

It might be true that I don't really have anything to worry about since these things aren't as bad as they could be. I know people out there might have a more serious problem than I do. But I want to stop the problem so it doesn't grow to get worse in the future.

You know?
JPing (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
brenttan, I must say that's a rather poor choice of bible passages:

'...I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, "Go, throw yourself into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him...' (Mark 11:22-25)

I assure you no montain will ever move in the name of Jesus. Believe me, I've tried! 😆 kidding

Zander, feng shui is a load of bullocks. You could hire ten different so-called 'professionals' to rearrange the furniture in your house and get ten completely different results.

As for prayer... Well... I've always thought of adults with imaginary friends as rather silly.

Seriously though, Celina, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Due to the mild nature of these experiences of yours spread out over many years I suspect they're nothing more than the result of an over-active imagination and the natural every-day creaks of an old house.
😁
Trudy44 (60 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-05-08)
Dear Celine,
Here is my Christian advise.

1.Pray to God for help. Don't pray to Michael the archangel. Hebrews 4:16 and Jude 9

2. Put on the armor of God. Pray it on. Ephesians 6:10-18

3. Read the Bible out loud. Read your favorite verses. Here are some of my favorite verses. John 3:16-17, John 14:6, Philippians 2:9-11, Colosians 2:15, Romans 8:26-39, 1 John 4:1-19,Psalms 23 and 100, Zephaniah 3:17.

4. Buy a small bottle of olive oil. Present it to God. Pray over it and ask God to bless the oil. Put some oil on your finger and anoint your window and door in your room. Make the sign of the cross on your window and door with the oil. As you are anointing say " I anoint this place in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." Command the demonic forces to leave your room in the name of Jesus.

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 in every room of your house.

6. Go to a door that leads to the outside. Open the door and command the demonic forces to leave your house in the name of Jesus. Close the door and anoint it.

7. Do these steps once a week for 1-2 months, then do them once a month for 6 months, then do them once a year.

You don't have to do these things at night. You can do them anytime you want. Hope this helps. ❤ 😊 ❤
no_XIII (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Have you try Smudging, its pretty much the same basics as minor blessing but by burning Sage (Not the cooking Sage). It helps if any Paranormal Activity starts to kickin' again, and its easier to find than holy water I guess. Keep us posted.
CelinaCyanide (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
no_XIII: I am sure that the target is me, which is why after some thinking and such, I finally told my family.
My Grandfather told me that it could be targeting me because of my spiritual-ness, and that it targets people who are more susceptable to doing more good in the world.
I'm not sure that an exorsim (sp?) is necessary, but who knows, it may be. It's been pretty quiet for a while though.
no_XIII (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Howdy. I'm sorry 'bout you're Grand Parents Celina. Wow, you're bag was floating, man I wish I could've seen Poltergeist like that, with company of course. I'm with Ghost_Girl cause A Prayer a Day keeps The Haunting Away, but it rarely finishes the main problem, the Source of the Poltergeist so do something like I don't know, do some Minor Blessing (The Big Guns like Exorcism's are for later when things get out of hand). 3.a.m is the time when the Demons mock Gods Creation by scaring them, its like the Exorcism of Emily Rose movie. You should watch that, maybe you could learn something from it. Something fishy is going in your house and the target is you I think Celina. But I could be wrong and don't take it too seriously, I am a teenager. Good luck there Celina.
CelinaCyanide (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Thank you all for giving me good advice, and libertybelle thank you for saying that it was well written 😊 I try my best when it comes to things like that.
Zzsgranny: sorry for the confusion I actually got a tiny bit confused myself, lol, but the house has stayed in Nebraska it's entire existence. When I was younger I would visit my great grand parents there, when they died was about the time my grandfather lost his job, so he went back here to Nebraska to find work. A couple years later I moved in so I could better my education than if I was in California (they thought it was best) then the activity started happening again.
It was also hard to keep this story in chronological order, I didn't want to make people just go away with all the writing, so I will be posting a few more of these sometime soon, possibly tonight.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
Holy water works on any evil, you do not have to be catholic, you just need to believe. It will drive evil away even if you don't believe because of the power of God's blessing apon it but it will come back until you do believe.
Ghost_Girl (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
Ok to help you out a little bit you need to say a pray at night for your protection and the others in your house. Second you will do not ever want to talk to the entity because if your are correct about it being a demon you never talk to them because if you get friendly with them they will turn on you and make your life miserable and might posse your body. Third try sprinkling some holy water around the house. And put lots of crosses up. And to let you know I am 16 years old. And I'm a physic medium or something along those lines. So take my advise I hope it works good luck.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
Celina: I'm sorry, I'm confused... Did the house move when you did, or were you visiting at the time of the first event when you were small?
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
I think that your instict to battle with hymns is/was right on target.

If this were happening to me I would try two things. First would be burning sage throught the house while reciting a prayer. I like "Bless this house, oh Lord we pray. Make it safe by night and by day."

If that did not work, the second thing I would try comes from Chinese feng shui. It is designed to completely clear the energy of a home.

Http://divaliscious.blogspot.com/2008/05/energy-renovation-for-your-home-what-to.html

You may want to do one of these epsom salt cures in each room that is suspect.
brenttan (64 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
Celina, my young friend, pray with great faith for the Holy Spirit of God to sanctify the house, pray for God's light to fill it throughout. And plead the holy Blood of Jesus over it and yourself (there is nothing the demons fear more than the blood and name of Jesus!) If you do it with faith and believe strongly you have what you have asked for, it will be so for you! "'Have faith in God,' Jesus answered. 'I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, "Go, throw yourself into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins'" (Mark 11:22-25).
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
Welcome, Celina. Your story was quite well-written.

What do you know of the history of your great-grandparents' house? That can sometimes give you a clue as to why strange things might be occurring.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: