You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Glowing Shoes Hovering On The Stairs

Real Ghost Stories

The Glowing Shoes Hovering On The Stairs

 

Good Evening Your Ghost Stories, its 830 PM on Monday and I just saw a white pair of shoes as if someone was walking down the stairs. This is the second time I've saw this. There was no body only what looked like a pair of shoes.

My Grandma is in the Living room, and I'm in the game room, not a soul was upstairs. My Grandfather passed away 6 years ago; last I remember he never wore white dress shoes.

A few months ago I saw the same exact shoes, at the last few steps, walk down and then vanish. Whatever this is, it never starts at the top of the stairs. It's as if the alien spirit is watching over me or was standing there. It only takes a few steps and then it's gone... I did not feel scared. A feeling of peace entered my body.

Today was the second time this has happened. I went from watching T.V to my head randomly turning towards the stairs, that's exactly what happened last time. I have a great feeling that we are being visited by the higher beings = Aliens and the Super Natural. I guess we will truly never know why they visit and why we see them. In until you have seen them with your own set of eyes, it may be hard to believe, but believe it because the truth will be exposed. Email me if you'd like to speak about your discoveries and experiences, this may be one of my newest interests. -Garrett K. Info[at]CityFitted.com is my Email address.

Have a great day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AncientAstronautTheory, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
I just wanted to say that sometimes when I see a spirit that only part of it will materialize. I have seen someone walking behind me only to realize I could only see brown slacks and dress shoes following me. This was when I would walk by a cemetery on my way home. This happened about 3-4 different times. If it didn't scare you then it's probably ok.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
JPing, that's exactly what I saw, not sure what it was, it did seem to move around at a consistent moderate speed to slow for a shooting star, although it looked like a star, but then again it may have been a satellite of some sort, the cold war has been over for some time now, but who knows who spying these days 😕 I also agree with your philosophy to rule it out before you rule it in, which is the impression I detect in your comments,
Cheers mate.
JPing (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Many UFO's are perfectly well explained by natural phenomenon: swamp gas or ball lightening for example. Orbiting satellites are also commonly mistaken for UFO's.

Your friend's experience does sound similar to the types of stories where ball lightening is the culprit, whereby it is said to follow moving vehicles.

The last UFO I recall having seen was in 2005. I watched as a star (I assumed a shooting star/comet at the time) moved across the sky and to my amazement, slow down to a complete stop before fading away.

At a guess I would say it was a shooting star moving at such an angle relative to the earth as to appear to be slowing down before being too far away to be visible with the naked eye.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
JPing, that's correct and I too saw a ufo, does not mean it was a space ship full of aliens, I hope the author don't mind, but I may not get another chance to share this story, in 1984 a mate of mine, a real straight shooter, non drinker no uppers or downers, hard working man and father of three, drove a truck from Melbourne to Sydney three or four times a week, doesn't believe in the paranormal not scared of the dark, no nonsense tough type of guy, I could see no need for him to make this story up, he claimed out on the highway a ufo hovered in front and to the side and moved around him at a speed not capable of our man made crafts, can't remember the road or town where it happened, but I do remember reading more sightings in that vicinity, not long after and even a couple of years latter since first telling me that story, makes you wonder?
JPing (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
UFO merely stands for unidentified flying object. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with aliens. I've seen plenty UFO's myself.

However, you are correct, aussiedaz. It is very hypocritical of some people who so easily dismiss one ludicrous claim and accept another without hesitation.

Rationally we must accept the equal possibility/improbability of all such claims.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Making claims about cloning humans, flying to the moon, DNA, robots, computers, internet, etc, 100 years ago you would have been deemed possessed by the devil and bathed in holy water, who am I to dismiss your belief this was an alien? I know a few well stabled people who don't believe in the paranormal but swear they saw a UFO!...NOTHING WOULD SURPRISE ME.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
Hi AATheory:

I like this story a lot and I'll tell you why; it involves a pair of white shoes and I envision these shoes to be a sort of "leisure shoe" from the 1950's. And then, it seems as if the owner of the shows is just sort of "peeping in at you" and trying very hard not to disturb you. Whatever, whoever it is; is not out to harm you. I would enjoy it while you can! Also, don't think aliens wear shoes? Thanks for sharing.
JPing (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
Hi Ancient,

I wonder, do you always see this apparition from the same angle or around the same time of day?

I'm not sure what aliens could possibly have to do with this. Far be it for me to speculate on the agenda of extraterrestrials but I dare say they'd have better things to do (not to mention more advanced methods of transit) than walking down stairs over and over again.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-09)
Hi Ancient: When you see these shoes was there any noise associated with them? So you don't see anything else only the shoes am I correct?

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-08)
It sounds like you just jump into these beliefs feet first. NO one knows exactly what would happen if, and I stress the word "if" an alien species decided to interact with us. Considering how old everything is since the big bang, there is no telling how much older their civilization would be than ours. Millions, or billions of years. If our own species from 2000 years ago saw us today they would be building temples to worship us from. You say you saw a pair of white shoes twice from the corner of your eye, that's not as serious as the mistake you could make buying into something like scientology which seems to be where your leaning. I'll leave you with some words from the founder of scientology-
Editor Sam Merwin, for example, recalled a meeting: "I always knew he was exceedingly anxious to hit big money - he used to say he thought the best way to do it would be to start a cult." (December 1946) [72] Writer and publisher Lloyd Arthur Eshbach reported Hubbard saying "I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is." Writer Theodore Sturgeon reported that Hubbard made a similar statement at the Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society. Likewise, writer Sam Moskowitz reported in an affidavit that during an Eastern Science Fiction Association meeting on November 11, 1948, Hubbard had said "You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion."[73] Milton A. Rothman also reported to his son Tony Rothman that he heard Hubbard make exactly that claim at a science fiction convention. In 1998, an A&E documentary titled "Inside Scientology" shows Lyle Stuart reporting that Hubbard stated repeatedly that to make money, "you start a religion."

The arrangements that have been made seem a good temporary measure. On a longer look, however, something more equitable will have to be organized. I am not quite sure what we would call the place - probably not a clinic - but I am sure that it ought to be a company, independent of the HAS [the Hubbard Association of Scientologists] but fed by the HAS. We don't want a clinic. We want one in operation but not in name. Perhaps we could call it a Spiritual Guidance Center. Think up its name, will you. And we could put in nice desks and our boys in neat blue with diplomas on the walls and 1. Knock psychotherapy into history and 2. Make enough money to shine up my operating scope and 3. Keep the HAS solvent. It is a problem of practical business. I await your reaction on the religion angle. In my opinion, we couldn't get worse public opinion than we have had or have less customers with what we've got to sell. A religious charter would be necessary in Pennsylvania or NJ to make it stick. But I sure could make it stick. We're treating the present time beingness, psychotherapy treats the past and the brain. And brother, that's religion, not mental science.

Best Regards,

Ron
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Hi;

I'm not sure, but this could be demonic. You may wish to consider getting, just in case, Catholic Holy water, and using the names of Jesus, Mary, and St. MIchael the Archangel. If it's evil, it'll flee, or at least react. I notice that this occurs at night; that may be important. Email me, if any concerns at Dukes2352atAOL.com.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Ancient: That's pretty cool... I have a question for you: You said it never starts at the top of the stairs, but you see it when you turn toward the staircase... Does the apparition appear while you're looking, or is it already in motion as you are in the process of turning your head, and then continue?...I ask because the motion could be what is catching your eye to cause you to look there...

It's good you're not scared!...And there's no negative feeling... I agree with Badjuju about it being residual...

Badjuju: I've been crowned the "Queen of ramble" LOL!...Shall I take a King?... 😆

Good story, and thanks!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Hi there. Sounds to me like a residual haunting. Residual hauntings work sort of like a record of the past, playing over and over. These types of hauntings sometimes play out at the same time every day, the same time every month, the same time every year, or just at random times.
You don't always see an entire person, as in your case of just seeing the feet wearing white shoes.
The theory behind residuals is that a person did the same thing so many times that they left a psychic imprint of their energy behind, or that they felt an emotion intense enough to leave a print behind. Sometimes a tragedy will leave an imprint behind. Google the Queen Mary ocean liner. It's permanently docked in California, but people still hear it smashing into another ship. That's considerably more dramatic than the average residual haunting, but a fascinating read.
Many paranormal experts believe that no spirit is actually present during these events. It's just a bit of memory left from someone. This seems reasonable, as there are rare cases of residual hauntings of someone living. One woman moved into her childhood home, only to see a terrified girl come flying down the stairs every day and try to open the front door, she was also seen at times crying in a corner of an upstairs bedroom. She called in a team of investigators (TAPS in fact), they happened upon a picture of the woman when she was a teen. She saw the picture and said "that's the girl!" She then recounted having been assaulted upstairs as a 13-year old, and running downstairs, finding the door locked, and running back to her room crying. Again, dramatic, but it supports the theory of no ghost actually being present. This story is in the book "Seeking Spirits" by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson. It was one of their older investigations.
Sorry for the wall o' text lol, I get a little carried away. 😊
Blessings

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: