You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Little Girl In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Girl In My Room

 

This all started when I was 3 months pregnant with my third child. We had just moved to a different city. We had rented a small 2 bedroom house and everything seemed fine at the beginning, the house was nice and everything seemed quite. Until the fourth day everything changed. At this time my second daughter was 1 and a very quite child, it was my day off from work and decided to stay home and do nothing but just spend time with my baby, when all of a sudden I heard screaming, like a girl crying and screaming at the same time, at first I thought it was my neighbors daughter but found out it wasn't since she was at school at that time.

I forgot about the screaming until the next day when I got up to go to work at 2am, I was trying my best not to make any noise as to not wake up my 2 daughters, when all of a sudden I thought I heard my baby crying, as soon as I heard I went to the room to check on her and she was sleeping, my other daughter was even snoring.

That day when I came home I told my husband what I had heard that morning, all he did was say I was crazy and suggested I stop working too early but I just ignored him, all of a sudden I became sick with a cold that I was forced to stay home for a few days. That is when everything got intense, as I was sleeping in my room I felt as if someone was climbing into my bed. I thought it was my oldest daughter when all of a sudden I felt my whole body get cold, that's when I realized it was not my daughter but someone else.

It was a little girl around the age of 6 or 7. At first I was kind of afraid to move but then I felt this warmth come over me and felt comfortable, but she was there only for a few seconds then she suddenly disappeared and this dark shadow came into the room, I was in shock and did not know what to do.

I was waiting and hoping to see her again for a few days and nothing. She later showed up around 3 days after I went back to work, she would let me see her on a few occasions, but every single time the dark shadow would come and she would disappear. One night my oldest daughter got out of bed claiming that someone was pulling on her hair and as she was standing at the door I clearly saw the little girl standing behind her.

From that night on my daughter would often wake up with a braid on her hair or with little knots in her hair. It was impossible for her to have done that to herself since she was only 6 years old and did not know how to braid hair or even tie a knot. The nights that I didn't see her I would hear crying coming from my girls room I would check and find out that it was neither one of my girls.

I moved out of the house and moved to the back house and every single person that has moved in the house has asked me if I ever heard a child crying or screaming, I just smile and tell them I still do. I never found out who she was or why she was there. The people that have heard her have never seen her, they only hear her crying.

Other hauntings by chocolata

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chocolata, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shadayra (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
😊 I think, maybe that girl was abused, and the person who was mean to her appears and don't leet her go... Maybe she fears of that person... But for what you had wrote she is a sweet girl... She just want love... But becarefull. Maybe she needs your help., That happen to me whe I was 10 or 12 I woke un with my hair braid... And my mom saw a gurl a little gurl, looking like 8years touching my hair in the night that happen to me this last summer
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-17)
poor child... Have you ever asked about the history of the house? Just curious.
Ghostgirl99 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
Maybe you could get someone to help the little girl and the shadow move on 😉]
Ghostgirl99 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
This story is very thrilling I think it was a bad ghost that was trapping the child and I love this story
chocolata (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
By the way in my case I find it so weird that they don't actually physically talk to me, but instead I have weird and strange dreams like if I was part of their world.
chocolata (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
Hello you guys. The number 1 reason I decided to move out is because of the space and second if I would've had the possibility to help the child I would've done it. I already had helped 2 little girls in the past that were bothering my daughter when she was around the age of 4, and for some reason until today they follow me, they are very mischievious and like to play too much, they hide my house keys for days and tend to pass by me and hit my hair, touch the back of my neck and other things... At first I was kind of scared to find out they had not moved on but instead had tried to possess my daughter. After telling my mother she did some praying and I don't know what else that what they were doing to my daughter stopped. But they still follow me were ever I move to, they have attached themselves to me, but I still keep and open eye over my children since sometimes demons can come in the form of a child and try to confuse you. It is kind of hard when you have to make a decision over helping the ghost of a child. But I still take the risk. Why I don't know.
no_XIII (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
Great Story. I wish the little girl moved on to the next world. I agree with you EyesWideOpen cause I know God controls everything from life to death and dead people can't possibly came back to life (Unless the Goverment conspiracy of making Super Soldier from dead soldiers has reached its final stages and use them to fight terorrist like Al-Qaeda but something gone horribly wrong and in a blink of an eye, Zombie Outbreak happened) though I've seen someone in TV once that this guy has been dead (Yes his heart stopped) for 2 hours and came back to life. He fell into an icy lake and drowned there and it was about 15 minutes until paramedics came. The Doctor said that the guys skin is almost blue. Then after roughly one and a half hour of trying to heat that guy's body his heart starts to beat again. The poor girl must've suffered cause of that black shadow that's tormenting her. Hope she's in a better place now. Awesome story, I enjoy reading it and other paranormal stuff like that. Guess that's all I have to say. Keep us posted if anything new happened.

Nathan
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-15)
This story is a little bizarre because of the obvious contact of the ghost girl with your daughter and you. I think it was wise that you moved. I don't know if talking to the ghost girl would have helped since she was so young. Although I would have liked to have heard that the little girl was helped somehow, I think your first concern was your children and thankfully you moved.
pandy589 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-15)
i think that the girl disapeard because she is scared of the shadow and I think the shodow is the person that killed her
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-15)
I think it's a very good thing that you were able to get yourself and your family out of that house. I don't believe that the little girl spirit would have tried to cause you any harm, but I do think that the shadow would have if she had continued to try to contact you.
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-15)
I'm not trying to be clever. If a child was murdered, that kind of event would evoke feelings in us of anger, grief, possibly fear, or some mix of negative emotions.

There is a popular belief that when people die, they have a choice about whether to leave this world for a better one that awaits us, or the choice to stay, and wonder the earth aimlessly for centuries or forever.

I can't believe that God would forget or overlook even one of his children, especially if they were murdered. It is God's choice about where one resides after death. God does not sleep or slumber, nothing escapes his attention, and He is a loving Father.

In the Bible, we are warned repeatedly that lying and deceitful spirits will mislead everyone they can.

People we know that are dead, and every other dead person we don't know, leave this world, and they do not come back (until the ressurection). Jesus holds the keys to death, hell, and the grave. And He is the Way the Truth and the Life.

Is it so hard to believe that God is in control of life and death? There seems to be an endless number of explanations all over the world to rationalize hauntings. I like a good ghost story, as many people do, whether or not it has any facts in it, or if it is nothing but pure fiction. Personally, I prefer fiction..., it's more entertaining. 😊
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
chocolata: That story was chilling. As I was reading it I said to myself when I got to the part where you said the dark shadow came and the little girl disappeared, that someone harmed this child greatly and murdered her and is now holding her hostage in this house. She is frightened and is still screaming and crying because of the pain this evil person inflicted upon her. This explains why she came to you. You are a mother figure to her and she was trying to tell you in her own little way what happened to her, but this evil keeps scaring her away so she can't communicate with anyone. I wish there was some way somebody could release this child's spirit and send it on to where she belongs and give her peace. She wants and needs peace, this child shouldn't be trapped here and held hostage this way and suffering the same torment over and over by this evil force. If someone could release her spirit then this other one could go on to hell where it belongs!

Thanks again and please keep us posted.
scarystoryaddict (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
that is just so scary 😨. I wonder who the little girl was. Is it Bloody Mary?
footsteps (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Glad you got your children out of that house. With you seeing, I feel things would have triggered a great deal especially since the black figure knew it had been spotted.
eleanoranne (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
you may want to find someone who can help you on this, like a psychic maybe? This little girl sounds as if she is troubled, and may possibly have not passed over yet.

Moreover, this is a very good story 😊

chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Wow!, how sad is that!: (
Thanks for sharing your story,

All the best,
Claudia 😁
chocolata (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
from what I've heard from other people is that supposedly many, many years back a man that was living in the front house had raped the little girl that used to live in the back house, he had killed her and hid her in the house. The family that was looking for her, forced their way into the house and when they found her they killed the man. But don't believe me this is just something I heard from other people, I yet have to go to public records to find out who died in the house, and remember sometimes ghosts have the ability to follow people around from other places.
😊
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Well, I hope you can find someone to help this girl to move on, sounds to me like those stories where the girl is hold here by this shadow that doesn't want to release her... 😭,
Regards,

Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: