You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Told You So

Real Ghost Stories

I Told You So

 

This is my first post, so I'll try to make it short.

The people in my family have always been sensitive, especially my Grandmother on my Mother's side. I've always believed in an afterlife and the existence of ghosts. I've had many experiences, but this is the only one someone else witnessed too.

When I was in my second year in college, I dropped out to come home and help my Mother take care of my ailing Grandmother. At first, I moved in with Gramma until we could get her moved into my Mom's house. Once we got her into Mom's house, I got my own place. From the moment I walked into that place, I felt a woman with dark hair. I never saw her though she defiantly made her presence known. Lights would go on and off by themselves and I mean the switch would actually go up and down, things would be in totally different places than they were earlier in the day, my cat would always try to climb the wall in my living room and get to one specific corner of the ceiling. He would stare for hours and meow while he reached up. He'd climb the furniture trying to get to that spot. I always felt watched and at night I'd hear her call my name in a loud whisper. I never felt threatened at all. I always felt like she was sad and lonely so I would talk to her and tell her about the light.

When I moved back home to NC, I left my boyfriend back in GA to finish school (he eventually moved to NC with me). He would come visit me whenever he could. I told him about the things that would happen in my apartment and he thought I was crazy.

On one of these visits, he and I were lying in bed trying to sleep and my ghost lady called his name. I didn't even flinch, but I felt him stiffen and kind of jump. I laughed and said "you heard that didn't you". He said yes, and then asked what I'd heard. I said "she called your name this time. I TOLD YOU SO!" He jumped up and turned a light on and could not wait to get out of there.

I always knew I wasn't crazy. I've had many experiences like this. It was very nice to have someone so skeptical actually experience it though!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, purplepiggie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
purplepiggie: I am waiting for the moment when I can say the same thing to my husband. He is a skeptic and does not believe in ghosts, spirits or an afterlife. He does believe in God, but he just does not believe that these other things exist and when I tell him about the things that I've heard, seen and felt, he just can't accept them to be fact, but he says that he know's I would never lie to him or make up stories because he know's I wouldn't, that's just not in my nature. I ask him well if you know all of these things about me, then why is it so hard for you to believe that I've seen, heard and felt the things that I tell you that I have. He just says that he will have to see it for himself and then he's still not so sure he'll believe it.

Well, one day maybe he will see something and hopefully I will be there with him so I can say, see I told you so!

Thank you for your story!
purplepiggie (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
[at] zzsgranny - Yes I do love being able to say I told you! It was also really funny to watch this manly man cower in the dark! LOL! Glad you enjoyed the story:-)

[at] aussiedaz - It was totally awesome to be vindicated like that. I think she was probably messing with him to get a laugh. Like I said, she always seemed pleasant and positive.

[at] kamui - The only thing that creeped me out was my cat going crazy trying to get at that one spot on the ceiling. I would tell her to "stop already" sometimes because the scratching on the wall from my cat was like nails on a chalk board!

[at] scientist - I never did do any research on that place. Now that you mention it, it is a good idea. I'll try google. I know the complex was really old. It was also very close to a cemetery.

Thanks all for your comments!
scientist (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
*giggle*...have you try to find out history of the apartment?...sometimes it helps to know...
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
well this story gives me the creeps imagining lights go on and off by themselves and found it funny... LOL ^^ your boyfriend got so freaked out, maybe the ghost reminds your boyfriend that she is real.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
Great story, I love it when others share the same experience, keeps reminding us just how real these experiences are,

Cheers Aussie.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
purplepiggie: Don't you love it when you can say that?...Doesn't happen very often though 😆...

Very refreshing story... We need more humor here, sometimes! Thanks for posting... Going in my faves! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: