You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Just A Couple Of Odd Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Just A Couple Of Odd Experiences

 

I have lived in my current home for 5 years now and had a few strange things going on. Firstly, over the cold winter months I use the gas fire in the living room and close the door to the hallway and front door to keep the heat in.

This one particular day I was sat in front of the fire, TV on low and was reading when I heard the front door shut, but not my front door (I have the new white plastic double glazed door, what I heard was the old fashioned heavy solid wood door, but didn't notice this until the second time it happened). Then I heard 3 or 4 steps in the hallway but on a stone sounding floor (I have cushion floor down), 3 or 4 steps up the stairs then again 2 steps on the landing upstairs. I thought maybe 1 of the kids was home early from school and went to see why, but no one was there at all and just shrugged it off until it happened again approx 6 weeks later when I noticed it wasn't my type of door I was hearing.

I have learned to live with this now and just ignore it and I have even said hello a few times in greeting as its never bothered us in any way other than the 4/6 weekly walk up the stairs in winter.

The second strange thing happened only a few nights ago, well it happened 8 months ago too but I didn't think anything of it until this time.

I have a 2 foot rubber kind of plant on my bathroom window sill which has 3 thick stems on. Now one night around 8 months ago I woke in the morning to find my plant on the floor in the middle of the bathroom (my bathroom is large and would take some force to roll it there to the middle) but at the time I just picked it up and put it back on the sill, thought a little and came to the conclusion that it fell and managed to roll to the middle (I have carpet not hard floor in there).

Now two nights ago I woke around 2am not knowing why, just awake, I decided to use the bathroom before trying to sleep again, only to find this same plant, stood upside down on its leaves and stems in the middle of the bathroom. This certainly didn't roll there and land like that, it's impossible and also there was no spilled soil under the sill, only round where plant was stood upside down. If it rolled or at least fell and travelled there, there would have been soil some where I'm sure.

I don't feel any atmosphere in the house or anything, just these few odd occurrences from time to time. All my kids have heard these footsteps, but have never told me of any other disturbances and happily sleep in their own rooms at night, so I doubt its anything bad.

Any comments welcome I'm at a lost with it right now, should I worry or not.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spookymoo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Khloros (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
you know I'm not a big fan of the holy water but I would get some along with some pure sea salt in a large enough quantity to draq a line across your front door. But just keep them aside if things get nasty but as of right now seams harmless. If you have any other questions my email is in my account profile please feel free to ask.

Your friendly Pagan
spookymoo (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
thanks all, think ill just carry on as normal and not think about it too much. All is quiet and nothing else has happened so alls well 😊
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
I think you don't have to worry about it. It could actually be the previous owner of the house or the land. As long as it is not bothering you or it does not harm you, that's fine.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
Maybe nothing; trying to be reasonable, BUT if it gets ugly, i.e. Brings fear, chaos, whisperings, dark shadows, etc. I'd have Catholic Holy water on hand - just in case. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
Doesn't sound like anything to worry about 😊.
The door and footsteps you are hearing are probably caused by a residual haunt, as they simply repeat the same way over and over. The theory of residual haunts is that a person repeated the same actions enough to leave a sort of psychic imprint in the environment of a place. Sometimes an emotional event will leave the same sort of imprint. No spirit is actually present in this type of haunt, it's simply the past repeating.
The plant moving sounds like an intelligent presence is trying to get your attention. Residual and intelligent hauntings can occur in the same place at the same time. Why this has only started happening recently, who knows? Spirits require a certain amount of energy to manifest, and they draw this energy from the environment. Maybe the energy in your home has changed just enough to provide the spirit a sort of battery, and allow it to make itself known.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: