You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Bull

Real Ghost Stories

The Bull

 

This happened about 18 years ago when I was about 16 years old. We lived about 800m from town; my father managed a hotel and nightclub in town. He used to come home after midnight, normally after closing for the night. My mum was temporarily bed ridden due to an accident.

I was sleeping in my room when my mum called for me. I walked into her room and she pointed at lights that were shining against her room wall. She said they'd been shining on the wall for about 20 minutes. She then asked me to go out and check if my dad hadn't passed out in the car. I walked out the garage door which was behind the house and as I got around the corner of the house I felt extremely cold. I live in Port Shepstone and even in winter it is still warm but now I was feeling cold. I continued up the slope on the side of the house. Our house was single storey in front and double at the back as it was built on a slope. The garage being the bottom floor at the back. The car had to go down the slope and turn into the garage.

When I got to our kitchen window I could not move and I was shivering. About 20 metres in front of me was a bull lying on its back with all four hoofs in the air. It had a wound between the front legs. Its eyes glowed a sort bright white mixed with bluish colour. There were no farms for about 20 kilometres and we had a concrete palisade fence around the property with a gate. How did it get in? My first thoughts were where it came. As I stood there still pondering it stood up reared onto its hind legs. It then changed into a man. Now I'm 6ft 10 and 275 lbs but this thing dwarfed me. It stood at least 10 ft. It had a wound in its chest and blood stained the front of its shirt. It walked across our lawn and into the 6ft concrete fencing at the boundary. I could see its upper body as it walked in the neighbour's property. I realized I was able to move and returned back inside the house where I explained my mum as to what occurred. We prayed and I returned to my room and went to sleep.

Nothing similar happened again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mervyn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

eleanoranne (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-23)
Awesome story! Jesus, your 6ft10?! Wow, impressive lol:)
Because the bull had what seems like an injury, it could be that there is a bull out there wanting your attention, or even a man.
Then again, could you have been hallucinating? Seeing as you had only just woken up. Sometimes dreams get mixed with reality.
Have you tried talking to your mum about the bull? She may have had something similar? Or even your dad.

Good luck:)

Inabit! ❤
hallowfied (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
i have heard a lot of stories about a man changing to an animal, that was very true and its often change to a dog I agree with kamui, mervyn: regarding your story about the fire going down the hill is called saint elmos fire we have a lot of that story here, humor says its happening if a person was murdered or died that has unfinished business, well some folks said that, the fire that we can see on the ground is a lightning. They said that some lightning are formed on the ground as per wiki as well...^_^
Mervyn (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
Jazz: I don't think it wanted you to see it. Some people can see things that others can't. Two people travelling in a car together one might see something whilst the other won't see anything. Gothgirl: even if I had a camera I wouldn't have been able to take a picture my body had froze I couldn't move. Scrapmetalkitten: That is what confuses me why do entities change ie bull to man and light to dog as in jazz's case.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
What an interesting story. How strange to change from an injured bull to an injured man?
gothgirl (32 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
This is so cool! Thats why you goto have your phone at all times, so you can take photos of stuff like that
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
Mervyn: That poor woman's spirit is not at peace and see even though she didn't die right then from those injuries, she did later succumb to them and I'm sure the pain was unimaginable so that just adds more to the haunting. I'm with you, I don't understand the shape shifting, but I know for a fact they can do it because I saw it right in front of my own eyes one day at work. The building that I currently work in. This will be another story for me because I could have fallen out of my seat and this thing did this just for me, it wanted me to see it and no one else.

Keep us posted.
Mervyn (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
Hey Jazz. What confuses me is if its a spirit of a man why change into an animal. I mean why not walk through the wall than change into a dog. Like what relevance has the bull to this thing that I seen. You want to know what's scary let me tell you. When my mum was a kid and lived on her dad's farm they had a foreman that lived on a hilltop about a mile from the farmhouse. The lodge is still standing. In those years there was no electricity so parafin lamps where used. The one day the foreman accused his wife of having an affair dosed her with parafin and set her alight. She ran screaming down the hill to a stream. She managed to extinguish the flames but later died. Even now close to 60 years later we occasionally see a ball of fire moving down the hill from the house to the stream and a scream can also be heard.
Mervyn (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
White buffalo. My dad arrived from work close to an hour later. My mum said the lights had shone on the wall for a few minutes while I was outside but then went off. We used to hear the sound of a vaccum cleaner at that house sometimes late at night but it was not coming from our machine when we'd check. The sound came from the kitchen. When you step into the kitchen it would stop. I don't know if it has any relevance to the bull man.
Mervyn (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
Lol Harley I have seen other things after and before that but that was the only occurrence with that thing what ever it was. I'm not afraid of it.
HarleyDuffman3000 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
It's coming back for you! 🤔 Once you have seen it for the first time, just baceause it hasn't happened in a while, doesn't mean it won't be back at all! Trust me, it looks innnocent, but is very, VERY evil!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
So-- What of your Dad?
Was he out in the car?
Did the lights remain in her room while you were having your experience?
Wa-do.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
Mervyn: My stepfather used to tell us stories like that when we were children. He told us a story about a man that was murdered in a little gambling shack and his body was thrown in a ditch out back of the gambling shack. He said at night the man's spirit would come back as a bright ball of light and you could see the light making it's way down the street and into the back yard of this woman's house that he fooled around with when he was alive. My stepfather said the light would then change into a little dog and enter through the back door of this woman's house. He used to scare us to death with that story.

Thanks for sharing yours!
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
well in the Philippines we usually call it "aswang" or shape shifting non human entities that usually change forms from animals to some human like form. I experience that though, I've seen one, around 3am, a dog, an immerse 6ft with its 4 legs on the ground which basically means its not on the standing position, jumps at the 10ft concrete wall easily after I yelled at it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: