You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Woman In A Blue Dress

Real Ghost Stories

Woman In A Blue Dress

 

I lived in an upstairs apartment back in 1990. It was mid August and sweltering heat. I didn't have an air conditioner at the time and the heat made it hard to sleep. I always slept with the windows open to catch any breeze that I could.

One particular night, well after night, I was rattled out of bed by a car with no muffler. I remember that it seemed that this car was right outside my bedroom window. I was growing very irritated by this noise that seemed to last forever. I then rolled over and looked out the window and saw what instantly caught my eye. With the noise gone, I saw a very beautiful lady in a flowing blue dress over in the courtyard. I guess the courtyard was about 50 to 75 yards away maybe less.

Now, let me clarify more details before I go on with the story. The blue dress was the most beautiful blue I have EVER seen. I have NEVER seen any color so vivid before or after this experience. To describe the color would not do it justice. However, I will say that it was a pale blue not a dark blue. Another detail is that she was a blonde with shoulder length hair. Wavy, real wavy, and it almost seemed to have a life of its own. On with the story.

As I watched this woman, I kept thinking, what is going on here? She was in the courtyard bending down from time to time looking for something. Then she would stop and stand perfectly still for a few seconds. She would move like she was not walking but more like floating. I never did see her feet; the dress was right tight to the ground. I remember thinking this must be a neighbor looking for a pet or something she lost. I was trying to justify it away in my head but the longer I watched the stranger her actions became.

The final straw was when I watched her dress. It flowed so, so, so beautifully around her body. It would curl up on the ends near the ground as if a breeze was coming out of the ground. Her hair would move around her face as if it was caressing her face and neck. At one point I did get a short glimpse of her face. The closest description on the hair and face would be the late great Veronica Lake. The Hollywood actress from the 40's. But, like I stated earlier any description wouldn't give it justice.

Ok, as all of this was sinking in, I thought that I am losing my mind. I then looked down and rubbed my eyes. I was thinking at this point there isn't any wind tonight and how can her dress and hair move like that with no wind! When I looked again she was gone. The rubbing of my eyes took maybe 5 seconds. The best part is that there was nowhere to go and hide in that time span. It was an open courtyard. I sat there and watched and watched to see it she would reappear. She never did!

To this day my hair stands on end when tell this story and I start to tremble when I think of it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Erich, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whiteboy864 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-23)
i have one pic of a ghost its a girl in a blue dress I caught on my cell phone if you guys or girls want it it scared the crap out of me
narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
lol...you know what came to my mind when I first read your title? Monica lewnisky! 😆 😆

But anyway, the story is cool... Might be some past spirit of the Retro era 😊
no_XIII (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
Creepy. But cool. That is some pretty chick if you can't even describe her. Ghosts and ghost stsories are just getting more and more interesting. Cool story. Keep us posted if anything new happened.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
Interesting account.

Where in IL did this take place? (I reside in Illinois and enjoy accounts from there). Did you ever mention this to anyone in the building?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
The description of you encounter with this woman was excellant it felt like you were really there. I wonder what she was looking for? Some history of the house and courtyard could shed some light on this. Very intriguing. Did she see you at all?

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
Creepy... It could be a lost spirit looking for something but of course we will never know.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: