You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Great Aunt Mary Jane

Real Ghost Stories

Great Aunt Mary Jane

 

First story on here so here goes!

This took place when I was around 9 or 10 years old. My mother and I were over at her first cousin's house because there was a bad hurricane in our region and it had gotten pretty rough out. My mother's first cousin has a daughter who was a few years younger than I am which made her my second cousin. Well a few months earlier her grandmother had passed away which in relation to me was my great Aunt Mary Jane. (I hope this doesn't sound confusing...) Either way, after the effects of the storm wore away it was late at night and everyone started to go to bed. My cousin and I went into one of the back rooms to sleep where we had to share a bed.

As we were lying in the bed trying to go to sleep I kept sensing there was something above me. I had my eyes close and thinking it was my mom or someone coming in to check on us. I opened them and saw an arm floating above my face. I didn't see the rest of the arm just from the elbow to the hand. I knew instantly whose arm it was. It was my great Aunt Mary Jane. I knew this because I always remembered she wore this certain watch on her wrist. Her hand and arm were reaching over the top of me towards my cousin. My cousin who was Great Aunt Mary Jane's granddaughter was well known by the family as her favorite. Well the instant that I saw this I jumped out of bed and ran to the front of the house. My cousin was in tow behind me. I don't know whether she really did ever see what I saw or she just got freaked out by me when I jumped out of bed.

Some people that I have told said that I was just probably dreaming but I know that I was not.

Other hauntings by Gigglesanh

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gigglesanh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
Giggles: Being a granny myself, I can understand why your Aunt would make such an appearance... Has your cousin had any other experiences since then?...Our loved ones who have passed do watch out for us... This is a good example! 😊

Great story, thanks for posting...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
Oh, absolutely.
Ghosts are (simply put) the essence of a person who has passed. They are here for various reasons, and have a "one way ticket" at their disposal. It is OUR job to figure out how to tempt them into USING it (walk to the light, your family is waiting with open arms, those kinds of things).
Spirits are the essence of a life impaired individual who has a "ROUND trip ticket". They have MADE IT to The Other Side, have gained their perfect form, and are able to travel freely between the realms.
Those entities are NOT to be feared. They are perfect in Love and Light, and would do no harm to anyone intentionally. In fact, SOME people compare them to angels. And many a parent will tell a child they ARE their guardian angel.
Beautiful that this dynamic woman was able to come back for a visit and to comfort (both because of the storm, AND in her absence) to allow you to know that the love transcends the realms.
Wa-do.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
moonshadow is correct, those that go through the light can come back on visitation, I know this experience frighten you, but its more about being frighten of the unknown then dear Aunty Mary I'm sure, take care and take comfort knowing your departed love ones watch over you,
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
If you could sence something above you and then you opened your eyes you definetley werent sleeping id say your Great Aunt Mary Jane just came in visitation sometimes spirits even though they have gone into the light do this she was just showing her love for you both and will allways watch over both of you there is no need to have any fear take care...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: