You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Night Time Visit

Real Ghost Stories

Night Time Visit

 

This is my third story.

I use to take care of this elderly lady a few years ago. I will call her Mrs. X in this story. I stayed with Mrs. X temporarily until she passed. She was like a grandmother to me and although under the circumstances I will always cherish the time I spent with her.

After her passing I moved away and after a year or two I was staying with my Aunt and Uncle. One night after I had fallen asleep something woke me up out of a deep sleep but I didn't open my eyes, I just laid there. For some reason I knew that it was Mrs. X. She wasn't threatening or anything but I still didn't want to open my eyes because I knew if I would I would see her and that would have really freaked me out.

I could feel her in every inch of the room. She was everywhere! At the same time I felt her coming to the side of the bed where my shoulder was like she was nudging me to wake up. She kept coming and coming to the side of the bed like she wanted me to open my eyes but I wouldn't. I wasn't scared but at the same time I was freaked out. I don't know it was weird. Then I just fell back asleep and haven't heard from her since.

Sometimes looking back I wish I had opened my eyes because what if she was trying to tell me something.

Other hauntings by Gigglesanh

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gigglesanh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JazzRaym (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
you did the right, just keep your eyes closed,'cause the human's eye and mind have limits. If you see her you'll get freaked out ofcourse, but what if its not her?
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
yeah giggles it is just the fear of the unknown!... But I know what you mean when you regret not having a peep😁 but I think in her own way she was saying goodbye😁and got what she wanted maybe next time huh!
Trudy44 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
Dear Giggleanh,

Don't worry about the message that Mrs. X had for you. She can tell you the message when it is time for you to leave the earth. Time is different in the spirit world so she can wait. ❤
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
Gigglesanh,

She might want to say goodbye and thank you for taking care of her. I wish you could've opened your eyes.

JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
Hi;

Yeah, it's me. If the the signs (fear, chaos, depression, wisperings, shadows, etc.) aren't there, they they aren't there. It is what it is - and believe me, I'm glad they aren't all bad.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
Hahaha I agree Granny is that really you JimD? 😁 Giggles: Understandable why you didn't want to open your eyes I do believe she was saying goodbye also.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
JimD? Is that you? 😆...Sorry, just kidding! ❤

Giggles: Yea, I think she was telling you good-bye...But if you haven't seen her since, I'd say she's moved on, and that's best! 😊

Thanks for posting!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
I'm going to have to agree with JimD on this one. No sign of demonic energy 😁.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
Hi;

I don't think it's demonic. They bring fear, chaos, depression, cold spots, shadows, wisperings, etc. She may have been saying goodbye before moving onto Heaven. Best. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
Hi Giggles:

When people pass they sometimes visit those who were very dear to them. I believe this is the situation with you. I am quite certain had you opened your eyes, the lady would have been smiling at you or showing you a loving gesture. Although, if this is the first time something like this has happened to you, I understand why you were afraid.

If it happens again, I would open my eyes and talk to the lady. Also, you don't need her in the room with you... You could say a silent prayer for her and let her know how you cherish the time spent with her.

Good luck.
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
well you should at least talk with her I'm convinced she's got a message for you which she didn't have told you or by any chance saying that to you, or maybe its her way of saying farewell up to the last time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: