You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Minnesota Farm House

Real Ghost Stories

Minnesota Farm House

 

I'll begin with some background. This is my first time to this sight and I thought that the community here might appreciate what I am experiencing and also offer some advice. I am currently a boarder-line skeptic, but I was a total skeptic before. I used to watch those paranormal reality shows that air on the cable channels and merely laugh although some of the stories were fascinating.

I am a 37-year-old tech and an undergrad. A Geek as people in the industry would say. I was working in Chicago at a very large technical company for about 6 years. Then I got "Right-Sized" as they say in these troubling times. For the last year I have been dating my now current girlfriend. She would fly down to Chicago from Minnesota or I would fly up there to see her. When I would fly up we would stay at her place, which she rents.

Minnesota Farm House

HER PLACE: She rents this Farm House up in Minnesota near a small farming community (20k people). The house is situated on this large plot of land. No crops nearby either, which is good. Hate to be constantly hearing that farm equipment roll by. The house was built in 1969 and is still owned by the original family that built it. Nice big place with six bedrooms upstairs and one bedroom, kitchen, living room and bathroom downstairs. This house sits off by itself and is quite far from the main road. The rear of the house is surrounded by woods while the front and sides of the house are open to the yard. The nearest neighbor is about a football field away. Anyone else is a mile or more away. Every time I go out there I feel at peace. Much different than the chaotic lifestyle of Chicago! Last Summer I even stayed there for a week and visited her. While she went to work in the morning I would "pitter-patter" around the house or explore the woods. During that time I soon found out just how "noisy" that house was. You see, the entire interior is wood cherry wooden floors and walls. Everything echoes. I can easily hold a conversation with her being upstairs in one of the bedrooms while I am on the first floor. I also got used to all the "mechanical" noises of the house. For instance when the furnace kicks on you can hear the flame, then the "knocking" sound as the metal heats up and expands then the blower kicks on. Or when you turn on any water in the house you soon hear the water pump kick on from the basement. The glass in the windows clatter as the wind picks up and the floors creak at times when walking. A noisy house but perfectly normal for a home of that age and construction. I got used to it all...

Background of the Owners: The surviving owners/family of the house are three brothers and their mother (who is in the nursing home). The brothers are in their late 50's and have their own families and homes. The father who was first to buy the land and build the house (as far as I know) died a long time ago. He built the house with his own hands. One of the brothers told me that his father first dug and finished the basement then he ran out of money. He then built a roof over the basement and they lived there for some time (their father refused to take out a loan). When he saved enough money he then completed the rest of the house and they lived there from that point on. Now, there was a fourth brother but died some time ago as well. According to one of the brothers when they were out maintaining the property (they had long since moved out) One of them thought they saw a man standing next to the house watching them. One moment he was there... Then the next he was gone. The brother told me that him and his other siblings got together to discuss what had happened. They believed that it was their brother that died. I guess he looked like him and was wearing the same flannel shirt that he used to wear. When I heard this I just thought to myself, "Yea, right. Nice story though".

The Story (Finally): Let me mention one more thing. The week that I stayed there (as mentioned above) she told me a story. She has a nice Lab named Rufus. Before going to work she would put him in his kennel until she came back home after work (dog wasn't potty trained at the time and playful). Well, after the first two weeks that she moved in (she's lived there for a year now) she heard a male voice in the house as she walked in the door. She told me it said, "My, what a pretty thing you are". She said it was quite clear and audible, but wasn't sure where "it" came from (the place echoes remember). She then ran to the kennel and got Rufus out. She then dragged the dog to every room in the house to check for intruders (ha ha!). She didn't find anyone there (You might be saying right now, "She's nuts!". She is a Parole Officer and does not scare easily. Almost as tall as me 6'). When I heard this story I thought to myself, "She's crazy! Hearing voices..." and I almost broke up with her. But I soon gave it some thought and I let it slide. "She probably just wanted some attention or conversation", I thought. I did ask her what she did after that. She told the brothers and they agreed that it was probably their brother that passed away or their father. And that one of the two was talking to Rufus (the dog). She then told me she just ignored it after that and that it never feels bad in the home. And that it has never tried to hurt her. Again, after hearing this I thought, "She's crazy!".

Now fast forward to the present. I get laid off (as I mentioned) and months go by trying to find employment (tough in Chicago). I'm not too worried, because I get 21 months of unemployment. I start applying all around the country and I only get a few bites, but nothing concrete. One night as we are talking on the phone (as we do every night) she mentions why I don't just move in with her. And that I can keep on applying on Monster Jobs as I'm doing here in Chicago, but we would be together at least. I thought about this and thought, "Yea, why not? New beginning. The standard of living is cheaper and not to mention the peace and quiet out there. Should help my nerves to relax from the Chicago lifestyle".

March 13 of this year I moved in. I also bring my dog (Red). He's a medium sized animal, but not as large as Rufus. Things are good. A little cold still in at this time of year, especially up in Minnesota! The house is drafty, but the protective plastic keeps most of the cold out. The furnace runs a lot, but no big deal. The house is "moaning and groaning" as usual (I've lived in a lot of old houses) but we continue to watch our movies and play our Xbox games. A month goes by and things are warming up. We take some of the plastic off of the windows and open them up. One day when she is at work I decide to wash both of my vehicles out on the front lawn as the dogs play and lay in the sunshine. I also bring out the BBQ pit and start to grill out every other night for dinner. Then it starts... At the time I did not realize it, but it was the beginning.

After living there a month the weather is warmer and things are good (as mentioned above). One day I was downstairs in the living room playing an Xbox game. The windows were open and the sun was shining. It was about 3:30 in the afternoon. A slight breeze would flow through the windows, which was welcomed. I could hear the birds chirping outside, which was also a welcome sound. Suddenly there was a knock at the back door and both of the dogs get up and run towards it barking (Rufus and Red always did this when someone is at the door). I remember thinking to myself, "Crap". Because I was on a hard part of the game and didn't want to lose my "groove". So I get up, pause the game and walk towards the back door. Now, some of you may be wondering, "Why the back door?". The front of the house is a yard. The father didn't even put a concrete sidewalk leading up to the front door. So, when people drive up to the house they have to park on the side of the home. Then follow the walkway a short distance leading up to the back door.

One other thing about this "Knocking". I would have to describe it more as a banging or pounding. Picture yourself at the kitchen table then take the side of your fist and hit the table. Not with all your strength, but with some force. Do this four times with less than a half second between each hit. That's what it sounded like. As I was walking to the door I remember thinking to myself, "Jeez, that knock was a little load too." Then I thought, "Well, I did have the sound up on my game pretty load. They were probably there knocking and I couldn't hear them". I go to the door, unlocked it and opened nobody there. I thought to myself, "Can't even wait for me to get to the door, eh" and then walked to the side window to see if I could catch them before they left. I looked out the window and there was no car, only mine. I then thought, "I hope some sort of traveling Hobo didn't decide to come check the house". So I went outside to look around the house. Just in case the person decided to go around the front or other side of the house. I didn't find anyone. I then thought, "Maybe something was hitting the door"? So I went back to the back door to have a look. No tree branches even close to the door much less the house. I only found my umbrella leaning up against the wall in case I have to go out into the rain. I then went back inside to finish my Xbox game... Ignoring it.

A week later I found myself unable to sleep. So I slipped out of bed and headed downstairs to watch some TV in the living room. It was 4am. I turned on some lights and the TV and started to watch also making sure the volume was down as not to wake my girlfriend. She sleeps like a log anyway (ha ha). So here I'm sitting on the couch watching TV and an hour goes by. Then another hour. Still can't sleep and its 6am now. Then... BANG! CRASH! And the wooden floor underneath me actually vibrates. I sit straight up and think, "WHAT THE F*** WAS THAT?!". So I sit there. Moments go by and I begin to calm down. The sound came from the basement. I think to myself, "Did that actually happen?". It sounded like a fully loaded bookcase fell full force into the furnace (which was right underneath the couch I was sitting on). A mixture of BANGS and metal CLANGS, but very forceful and violent. I begin to start thinking logically. "What could make a furnace make that type of sound"? A furnace really doesn't have any moving parts that could make such a violent impact. It "Clicks" on. You hear the gas. Then you hear all the little knocks of the metal as it is heated and expands. Then the blower kicks in to push the warm air through...simple. I then got up to check the thermostat. It was switched to "off", because it was nice and warm in the house due to the nice climate weather. "What could it be?" I thought.

One thing about my girlfriend's basement. It is clean down there creepy, but clean. She doesn't use her unfinished basement like some other people do. It's not a storage place for her. The only thing down there is the furnace on one side of the basement, the water heater on the other side and the water pump. Only other thing down there is the cobwebs. So, this began to spook me and needless to say I did not go down there. I already knew there was nothing down there that could "fall over" into the furnace or anything else for that matter that could make a noise like that. The floor vibrated from the force...jeez. About 6:30am she got up and began to get ready for work. 7am she came down and I told her what happened. "You didn't go down there to check?" she asked. "NOPE." I replied. I remember she gave a little "huff" as she grabbed the flash light and went down. "Well, nothings down here that can fall over. Everything seems fine." She said through the vents. "No sh*t Sherlock!" I thought. She left for work...

A week goes by and it is now Tuesday, May 4th. Things are fine and been having some nice weather (I forget all about the furnace/basement noise). I make us a nice dinner that night (I like to cook) and we sit down to our nightly pattern of Xbox/movies/TV Shows. Then the dogs go bananas in kitchen. So I get up to check. There they both are in the middle of the kitchen barking up a storm at something on the ceiling. Nothing is there. I then realize the dog's fur is standing up on their backs. I'm actually fascinated by this because there is only one other time that Red did this back in Chicago. He saw a family of Raccoons, which he didn't like. This was different though. At that time his fur around the back part of his neck was sticking up, but now it looked like he had a Punk Mohawk from his neck along his back to the base of his tail. Rufus had this as well. I soon realized that something was wrong. These dogs are much to agitated. I then thought, "Oh it's just mice." And told the dogs to stop it. They went on for awhile and soon quite their barking and came back to sit on the couch with us. I've seen them bark like this before with mice in the walls, but never this agitated and with their fur sticking up. We soon went upstairs for a good night's sleep...

2:00am Wednesday, May 5th. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG! The noise came from the corner of our room! The fully loaded dresser that is in the corner vibrated from the forceful impact. Our things on top, coins, jewelry and figurines all vibrated and clashed together. Then all was quiet. This happened very quickly. My eyes were wide open. I looked over and as my eyes adjusted to the darkness I saw my girlfriend's eye wide open as well. We both lay there. "Did you hear that?" I whispered. "Yea." She replied. Have you ever heard that before (she has lived there for over a year)? "This is something new." She whispered. I got up and turned on the light. The necklace, which she dangles on the side of the dresser mirror, was swaying to-and-fro from the impact (Lets see if I can try and describe what WE heard and felt. Imagine taking a large baseball bat or maybe two large potato sacks and using all your strength throwing them against your bedroom wall. Now it could have been the floor as well... But for some odd reason I think it was the wall in the corner).

I then walked over to the corner to inspect it. No cracks in the wall (I was hoping it was a structural thing). No holes... No damage that I can see. Nothing out of the ordinary. This really spooked me. I didn't even bother checking the doors to the house. This came from our bedroom. In Chicago I wouldn't hesitate to get up grab my bat (always next to the bed) and confront whoever is at the doors or windows. This really spooked me though. Then it dawned on me. The noises I've been hearing are "Supernatural"? We're a half of a football field away from our nearest neighbor (He is a truck driver. Never home) and a car ride to the next. We got thick woods to the rear of us and vast expanses or green grass and prairie about us. OK, I'm spooked now. Then another thought hit me. My girlfriend told me this is something "new". She's lived here for over a year and this is new to her. It seems these "bangs" started when I moved in and now this is the most powerful one yet.

I walked downstairs to the living room and turned on all the lights as I was going through all this in my head (You have to understand. This is all very new to me and weird. I believe in Science). I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of Vodka and sat on the couch. Poured myself a small glass and sipped. Thinking all this through. I started thinking about the other two incidents that I ignored. The pounding on the back door, crash in the basement and now this. Could it all be related?

My girlfriend soon came down and sat next to me. "You heard and felt that right?" I asked. "Yes." She replied. "What do you think it is?". "I don't know." She replied. "You never heard this before?". "No, never have." She whispered. I then asked her if there has been anything else she's heard in the house. She said that a few times she thought she could hear footsteps upstairs. She also said it could have been just the floor boards creaking (which is true), but she chose to ignore it because she knew that no one was in the house and that if there were something there it never hurt her. "And besides, it doesn't feel bad in here." She said. I must agree... It doesn't, but I must admit that at times it felt "creepy" in the house. Of course this could all be psychological now.

I stayed up until 6am that day and she went to work. After I woke up I went outside to make sure no large tree branches were near our bedroom on the outside. There weren't. The owners keep good care of the place and had the branches cleared well away from the outside walls of the house. And no damage that I can see. I thought about it for some time and decided to visit my parents for awhile and research this whole "supernatural" thing. I don't think I could do it at that house, not until I get a better understanding of what's going on. Especially if it's going to get worse. And especially if I'm the catalyst in some way. Besides, Mother's Day was coming up.

Thursday May 6th. I arrived at folks place (4 hour drive) and told them what had happened. My parents are Catholic and are regular church goers and volunteers. My mom got a little upset because she is very superstitious. My father is more cool headed and logical. He was an engineer for IBM and is now retired, but he is a faithful Catholic as well. He has the best of both worlds. He said he would make some "phone calls". So, from that point on I have been staying up until 3am just about every morning researching this "Supernatural" stuff to see if I can make any sense of it. I tell you what there is a lot of garbage out there, but my "BS" detector is pretty good. Been going to Barnes - N- Noble and reading anything I can get my hands on. But I was brought up Catholic and I believe in the religion. I do not practice though, but I do side with the Catholic Church. All in all this research has been very helpful.

Saturday, May 8th. My father told me he got an appointment for me to see the Exorcist for this Diocese so that I can ask him questions and also to see what he thinks. "Wow", I thought. Supposedly the Catholic Church keeps on trained Exorcist per Diocese. So, I went to the interview.

The Father was in his late 70's and had beaten 3 different cancers. And he still is a large and mentally sharp man. The interview was nothing like I would have expected. He was not at all dogmatic. In fact he was playful at times and also brought up some concerns about how the Church is treating Exorcists these days (Ministry of Healing). He asked me a lot of questions. Very few of my faith (he already knew I was Catholic). He asked me simple things such as my education, what I did for work. Things like that. He then asked for my story. So I told him. We chatted for sometime after that (which is a whole story in itself) and he told me what I needed to do. I also asked him could it hurt me. He chuckled and shook his head, "No no. We are much more powerful than they are. It cannot hurt you."

The Father's Advice: It is either one of these three things.

1) A "Lost Soul". He explained that sometimes souls can become lost at times and need help to find "their way". There are many Priests in the Catholic Church that refuse to believe this. That God would never allow a soul to stay. But it is his experience that sometimes they do and that God has his own reasons. We should not question him. If I pray to God to help any souls in the house to find "their way" this is all that is needed. And it will stop. Most likely it was trying to get my attention because my girlfriend ignored it and now it has noticed me that I noticed it. It merely needs someone to pray for it.

2) The old farmer that built the house. If he truly built this house with his own hands and lived it in along with his entire family it is entirely possible that he is there. He may be still attached to the house because it is his. He may be wanting to let you know he is there or he is not happy with what is going on in the house (hence when I moved in).

3) An evil spirit. (This is all he said)

He then gave me 6 prayers to say overnight at bedtime and also the prayer of Saint Michael. When looking at the 6 other prayers he gave me they all look like "protective" prayers. He then gave me a listing of numbers and said to get the house blessed. He told me that in order to bless a house properly the priest must actually believe that they are evicting evil, hexes, curses and anything bad from the home as they say the prayers for it to be potent. Unfortunately, many priests (Catholic) don't actually believe in exorcisms and are just saying the prayer and flinging Holy water around. It may work... Then again it may not he said. Sometimes it returns. So, it's best to find a priest that actually still believes in this stuff. And so, that was what the numbers he gave me were for. He could not do it himself because the house is in Minnesota, but the contacts are within the Diocese where I live now.

And so, I think I have read enough and researched enough and even spoken to an expert on this matter. I am feeling better about this now and not so scared. "Man fears the Unknown." That is so true in my case. BUT let's not totally rule out reason either just yet. I'm still skeptical (ha ha). I would like to ask this community two questions.

A) Has this happened to anyone (banging) and if it turned out to be Supernatural what happened?

B) Has this happened to you (banging) then found out it was something Natural/structural. What was it? Any ideas what naturally or structurally might be causing my occurrences?

Thanks for reading all! I know it was boring, but I wanted to tell it and maybe get some closure. I'll be giving and update on what happens after I get back to the house. I am thinking in a few days May 20th or 21st.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shads, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

realitycheck (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Shads,

Its been awhile and was wondering if you had an update? Just checking on you and your sanity level. 😊
realitycheck (10 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
Shads: Good to know that you are attempting to find more logical explanations. Sadly, we no longer have the paddy wagon to take individuals to the "funny farm". Nowadays it is a little more complex to declare someone "nuts". Yes, I do deal with the mentally ill so it is easy for me to focus on the mental stability of an individual instead of the paranormal. Even though I find the stories interesting when I read them I wonder if these incidents really happened or perhaps lack of psychological help is in order. A lot of people need mental health help and that does not indicate that they are "crazy" but when the mind is loaded down the side effects if you will can be strange and scary.

Looking at the picture I would assume that there are animals nearby (of course there are) and it is possible that maybe something got into the house, knocked something over whatever the case maybe or perhaps the old furnace you mentioned maybe it was kick starting something or clunked really hard to echo a bang up into your room and shook the floor beneath your dresser. I am assuming that the furnace is old though so if it is not then there goes that theory. Lets take for a moment that perhaps it was supernatural then I would remind you that the dead can not hurt you. Maybe it isn't even the dead but a reflection or perception of stress, guilt, or what have you.

I am not forgetting that your girlfriend in this equation or the fact that her family will not stay there. I guess I never asked but perhaps there is some cultural difference here as I get the impression that your girlfriends family is superstitious. You did say that your father was catholic and even expressed to you that we are powerful therefore whatever it was could not hurt you. Have your parents been to your residence themselves and witnessed anything?

I think we are all anticipating an update since your last posting as to the going's on in the adventure of Shads.
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
Shads: I believe in Paranormal activity, and if you are looking for scientific reasoning I have heard theories about energy leaving its imprint on the world. It is said that when someone dies the body loses 21 grams, this is perceived as the body's energy, or soul. There are many Theories that one's energy can be powerful enough to attatch itself to this world, in a house, or to an object. I don't know whether this energy can be sentient, or not but residual hauntings (a residual haunting is like an event that happened durring someone's life that replays itself in our world over and over again) can sometimes result in the sounds of footsteps, or banging, or voices, and in some instances images. The banging you heard could be a residual haunting, it could be the owner of the house building the house again, the footsteps could be the brother making his daily trip to the bathroom, the voice could have been the father greeting one of his son's wives, you never know. Hopefully some of this was helpful, I don't believe everything I just said 100%, but I figured passing on knowledge couldn't hurt.
shads (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
Hi realitycheck,

No no... I don't beat my girlfriend... Thats what we call "internet sarcasm". 😁

No no... My girlfriend is not hearing voices in her head. I merely said that because when she first moved into the home (over a year ago) she heard the voice in the house. And no one was there. Thats when I thought she was nuts (remember?).

It's good that you are taking a closer look into the mental aspect of things and I can only imagine some of the warped realities that you listen to from patients. As far as clinging I don't think I am. I have been actively looking at all options. And the Paranormal was an option I never bothered to look into before. A lot of BS out there by the way... Lol

I keep checking for damage in the interior and exterior walls of the area where the violent bang occurred, but no damage can be seen. This is what a home builder suggested in case the house settled. If the house settled it would leave physical damage to the building. This is all he could think of that would create such a loud/heavy impact in that area of the home (3rd occurrence).

Do you have any logical suggestions? I know you have been trained in mental health, but I really don't think that is an issue here. If we are all nuts...they'll need a large paddy-wagon to take us all in... Lol

My girlfriend hearing a voice talking to her dog, to the land lord hallucinating seeing his long dead brother watching him cut the lawn, me hearing those bangs and her family members who experienced their own "sounds"... Who won't ever stay overnight here... Lol

It is interesting isn't it?
realitycheck (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
Shads:
Do you beat your girlfriend? I did read your story and there were just certain things that popped out which is where my questions came from. Does your girlfriend have a history of mental illness since now you are saying that she is hearing voices in her head instead of in the house talking to her dog? Has that happened since? Funny how you assume that any portion of your story got me angry. I work in a lot areas including mental health so some of the information you had provided stood out as perhaps it wouldn't hurt for you to talk to someone or if thoses instances were that frightening and you both still reside there have someone investigate. You call yourself a man of science but are relying on religious strength and/or reassurance to feel at ease. I was just curious about the details you placed in your story. I do not doubt your fear was real or that you heard what you heard. You are quick to take offense. Sometimes an opinion from a stranger is only that and nothing more. It interests me that I hit a nerve. I await your update or part two of your story.
shads (1 stories) (20 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Hi realitycheck,

I understood what you were trying to advise me of, but I also feel (form reading your comments) that you did not entirely read my story or perhaps you skimmed over a lot of it. I say this because it seemed you got a little angry at some point and halfway through your comments it all seemed to run together ending with me being an alcoholic in deep depression while clinging to a belief to the Supernatural. You also quoted a few things from my story, but you took them out of context and then assigned your own meaning to them.

I only advise you to reread my story but more slowly this time... Lol I'm a man of Science (as stated) and never believed in this paranormal stuff. Throughout my story I try to debunk everything and even "roll my eyes" when my girlfriend told me about the voices in her head and the land lord that hallucinated seeing his long dead brother watching him cut the grass.
I have not experienced anything like they did. Only the three different occasions of Crashing/Banging... The first two I ignored and thought nothing of it... Its the third that bothered me (which my girlfriend heard and woke us both up).
What scared me at that point is that I could not figure out what it was (naturally). When a house makes that type of sound... It could be ready to fall apart. A part of a structure (room) does not have a violent impact like that... If there is nothing wrong. So, that when I started thinking of other things that it could be... Thats when I remembered all the little ghost stories about this place (that I laughed at) and my girlfriend staying here alone for 1+ years alone and experiencing a few things, but she said "this bang is new"... Seeing as I knew nothing about the paranormal I decided I better start studying just in case (have to be prepared)! And as I stated at the end of my story I am still looking for a logical explanation. I spoke to two builders about the noise in the room and have asked this community for any ideas. The Supernatural I am leaving in the backseat over science, but at least I now have a few tricks up my sleeve if it is paranormal.
I do agree with your "mental condition" advice. And you did give a text book example of how large amounts of stress, depression, alcohol abuse can all warp reality of anyone. In fact (as you probably know) a whole slew of factors can be involved. Anything from lack of sleep, drug addiction and even the type of foods you eat and the amount of nutrition you have can all effect ones perceptions. I assure you I am OK in the mental area... Lol
This place is a resort compared to the condo I was living in Chicago. As I also mentioned in my story, "I am always at peace out here." It is so relaxing compared to the lifestyle of the big city. Sunshine, warm breeze, fresh air and plenty of empty country roads to drive my Porsche at breakneck speeds... Lol
Just read the story again when you have time and perhaps you will understand a little better. Again, I'm not saying this is Supernatural... But then again I'm not saying it isn't... Lol I'm 50/50 on this whole paranormal thing now... Lol
As far as how are things now... Let's just say if anything really exceptional would have happend... I would have posted it right away. We are both fine and happy. Grilling out and enjoying the great weather (although rough storms came through a few weeks ago). I will be posting soon. Just a little busy with interviews and summertime fun (flying out to New York next week as well).
Another note. You suggested that I get myself checked out just to cover all avenues, but I only experienced banging noises. What about my girlfriend who is hearing voices speaking to her dog? Or even the land lord hallucinating seeing his long dead brother watching him cut the grass? Shouldn't they get themselves checked out? LOL
Anyhoo... Just playing with you realitycheck. You can expect an update soon. I'm sure there are a few people that are waiting too. I'm more comfortable with this paranormal stuff now due to what the priest said, "They cannot hurt you. We are much more powerful." And also the prayers he has given me. I also realize this could all be psychological, which is fine (sporting events are won on the mental states of the players and not solely on skill alone). Whatever works!
I did speak with her parents when we visit them about anything strange about the house and they started talking quite a bit about it. It seems they knew about how the house was a small time after my girlfriend moved in. In fact, much of her family will not stay here... Lol I'll mention all this in my update. Funny thing is since came home a few things happened that spooked her, but I merely smiled or chuckled. I look at these things as interesting puzzles now. Of course I have that mental reinforcement of what the priest told me.
It looks like I have typed way too much than what I have intended! Lol Do me a favor. Next time you want to portray me with some nasty habits at least add in that I "beat my girlfriend" too... 😜
realitycheck (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
23_Chantelle_23: Thank you, it would be nice if we could eliminate the possibilities before searching other avenues.
realitycheck (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Shads: I never indicated that I was certain I was right which is why I asked all those questions. We can blur, exaggerate or perceive issues when we struggle with personal stuff. Don't take it as offense but sometimes what some individuals believe is "supernatural" is really just a figment of our overactive imagination. I definitely do not doubt your fear when these instances occurred to you but where is the update? What is going on with you now? This story peaks my interest as I and my family were once natives to MN.
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
reality check: yeah I see your point, as I said it will be fun reading your future posts, your 'to the point' suggestions will make for interesting reads!😁 😁
shads (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
Hi realitycheck,

If you are so certain that you are right. Then you wouldn't be coming to me for reassurance. 😊
realitycheck (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
23_Chantelle_23:

*alcoholism* sometimes I type way too fast!
realitycheck (10 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
23_Chantelle_23:

Harsh opinion for certain but we must all take into account that several individuals uses excuses such as alcolisms, depression, anxiety and such issues to blind our realities. Though an interesting story I would like to hear the answers to my questions from Shads because there are most likely personal issues to be dealt with here aside from anything paranormal. All obvious directions but be sought before clinging to another dynamic.
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
realitycheck: chiLL oUt 😐 πŸ˜†
I don't know if that was a reality check or a harsh opinion... Your posts will be InTereStinG 😲
realitycheck (10 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
Ok, I think you are being a bit ridiculous. You talk about being from this big city and going to the country and apparently you were "Right Sized" as you call it. You move to a country house where there are noises and I get the impression that you have been indulging in your own spirits maybe out of depression. You mention this ludicris insinuation of almost braking up with your girlfriend because she told you of a voice she once heard and some creaky floor boards. Yet you implant these notions and go off the deep end when you hear other noises in the house and from what I can tell you were terrified enough to leave your girlfriend alone where the noises were and go downstairs to ponder your fright with another drink. A bit cowardly if you ask me considering your age and not to mention there are some selfish behaviors there that seem backlashing. Have you ever considered a mental health professional and I am not saying this to be rude but perhaps your judgement is displaced and because you are struggling with today's "economy" you are just finding excuses for your problems. I am wondering how your relationship in general is going and what have you done since these incidents? Have you brought anyone to the house to investigate? Have you had yourself checked? It is important to separate these issues with personal ones. You have mentioned your fears and wonderment... What about your significant other?
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
Hey Shads, Just checking in on you again. I truly hope that all is quiet there. Jitow
shads (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Hello all,

Sorry for the delayed response, but I am back home. I decided to stay at my folks house a tad longer than I have planned mainly due to the fact I forgot how much I enjoyed my childhood home/family/friends (I normally only return twice a year for a 1 or 2 day visit).

I returned to my girlfriend's house in the afternoon of Saturday May, 29th (great day! 92 and sunny). There has been a few things that happend, but they can be explained away (unlike the thunderous "bang" in our bedroom). I'll submit a "part 2" in a month or so just to make sure everything is quieted down.

I did say the prayers that the Father suggested and sprinkled Holy Water in all the rooms while saying a prayer (except for 2 upstairs bedrooms and the basement... Reminds me that I need to do that soon). I will wait to bless the house. If anything else continues then I will call the numbers that the Father provided for me.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
sHADS, JUST CHECKING IN AGAIN, ANY NEWS? Let us know how things went with your girlfriend while you were gone and if you have tried anything yet.
Khloros (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
Jitow your very right it could open it up if he did not die in the house. Because if his soul is bound to the house by his choosing and he died else where it means he traveled to there opening up a rift in the house. Now if he died in the house the liklyhood there is an opening or rift is very slim. Though I did do some research on that house and I could not find anything saying a rift had or is open. That does not mean that one has not opened, anyway I agree with Jitow hit it and hit hit hard.
Harry (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
Hey Shads - I have read every word of the above narration of your experience and I feel it is no harmful spirit in the farm house. I feel it's the spirit of one of the brother's who died and not the father who built the farm house. I think he wants to connect with a human to show or say something. Anyways - let me know if you were able to get back to the farm house after you met the father?
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-23)
Shads, how are you my friend. Just checking to see if you had gotten back to your girlfriend's house. Did she have any events while you were gone? Take care pal and let God do this for you, He loves every opportunity to step on the serpant's head.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
Hi Khloros, If there is a spirit there, supposedly the builder and owner of the house and the current occupants do not remove it, is there not the possibility that this could open them up to more sinister spirits. In my years of reading here there seems to be an element in a location that if it fosters one spirit, it can another, which very likely be an opening for something worse if it is allowed to continue. Evil spirits are looking for the opportunity to find open minded people with spiritually open homes to do there work. That is why I say hit it with your best shot the first time.
Khloros (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
Alright I agree and disagree the Priest you spoke with, it is one of those three things I have been in a lot of old houses doing my thing. I have heard Banging like that before and it does sound like the spirit of the man who built the house is still there and is unhappy about something. I highly doubt an evil spirit because things would have gotten much worse... Or the will if they do my email is in my account please let me know. Now the lost soul could be it but I have my doubt because they don't get loud or angry they just go about what they are doing no slamming things around. If you have an questions about anything feel free to ask me via my email I check it everyday. Just some small ad vise from your friendly pagan.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
Jitow: LOL!...I now see what you mean... I did post an comment earlier on in this thread, with what I hoped to be beneficial, though admittedly, not without quip! πŸ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
Jitow: Hi! Hope you're well too...Haven't seen you around here much lately... I try to be nice to everyone, though you know as well, sometimes that's really hard! πŸ˜†... ❀
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
Hello Granny, I hope that you are well. Nice to see you out fostering good will with your helpful quips.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
Shad, I did not mean to sound like I knew exactly what is there. It does sound like your girl friend has a past there with this. It really could be something natural. I am all for research and debunking but the way you described the incidents it obviously was abnormal enough to shock you. If you use holy water and pray in Jesus name and you never experience it again, whether it was bad or nothing, it will be gone.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
Shads: both of them saying that it was a ghost, leads me to believe that THEY have some inner curiosity about the paranormal! πŸ˜†...That's funny, I don't care who you are! πŸ˜†
Pudge23 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
Thank you for sharing your story. I enjoyed it very much. My suggestion is that you pray about what is going on and hopefuly that the "thing" will not continue to wake you up at night. May God belss you and yours
shads (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
Just a quick update guys. I haven't gone back yet. I will soon, but I am still trying to debunk this, especially that forceful "hit" in the bedroom.

I decided to call up my good friend in Chicago who is a carpenter for the Union (he now currently builds skyscrapers up there) and asked him about "how a house settles". He stated that a new house will settle for the first few years then stop. I then asked him what kinds of sounds it would make. He found this odd but said, "oh you will here some slight creaking noises from the boards as the house shifts". I then asked him about loud structural shaking movement isolated to a particular part of a house. "You find some cracks in the foundation over there?", he asks. "No no, just curious", I respond. He then says, "Nothing normal about what you are describing. You probably have a ghost!" (he chuckles) I chuckle in response, but don't tell him the story.

I ask my brother the same questions (who has been building homes his whole life). He states that a home can actually settle its entire life. It normally will hold for awhile then all of a sudden can drop up to an 1". "But no noise as you are describing", he says. I ask him about what if one of the boards in the wall suddenly just broke under the stress? "You would see damage either inside of the wall or outside of the structure", he responded. "You probabally have a ghost!", he chuckled. I chuckled as well not telling him the story.
shads (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
Jitow,

Thats some good advice, thanks. You're right. It wouldn't anything.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: