You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Daugher Is Frightened Of The Man In Her Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

My Daugher Is Frightened Of The Man In Her Bedroom

 

I have a beautiful 2 year old daughter. We have lived in the same house all of her life and my husband and I lived here for a number of years before she was born and to be honest I can't really ever remember any "strange" things happening before now. She is a very happy little girl and normally will play happily alone or with friends but over the last 6 months she has been complaining about a "Man" in her bedroom. To the extent she will take my hand and ask me to come and see him - not only me though she will take my husband, friends and family to see him also. My sisters and friends were very uneasy and quite frightened by this and the accurate description of where this "man" was in her bedroom (until tonight she had never complained of seeing him anywhere other than her bedroom).

She will tell my husband and me where he is that he is a funny man with glasses and a funny face. This wouldn't have been a problem for us we assumed it was just an imaginary friend until she started getting scared at night. She will go to bed no problem but wake up screaming or scream before going to sleep saying that she doesn't like it and that he was trying to touch her feet. After these episodes (which are becoming more frequent) she will not go back into her bedroom - saying that he is in there and she doesn't want to go to bed because the man is there. Seeing her so upset is heartbreaking and I genuinely don't know what to do.

My father-in-law passed away as a result of a battle with lung cancer in April 2009 and my daughter was just over 1 year old then. She did love spending time with him and I'm sure he loved spending what little time he had with her and until the screaming episodes started both my husband and I did think that was who she was seeing. We have pictures of my father-in-law about the house and she can pick him out of a picture so she does know what he looks like but has never once said that "Papa" is the man. My young cousin passed away in December 2008 having never met my daughter and it did cross my mind that perhaps it was him she saw but I have to admit that I am pretty sure that if he did "come" back to visit anybody it would be his own nephew - who he was particularly close to.

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated - my husband and I are both open believers in ghosts and I just don't want her to be frightened of anything that she is too young to understand.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shoe-Gall, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lonely2 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Well ask her who is it, does he have a name, maybe give her some pictures of some of your passed away siblings and maybe she can give you an answer, some times it helps. Maybe call a physic or a medium if it doesn't work. 😨
scuba03 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
a friend of mine had an old lady watching her when she would pick up her child almost from birth. And her child also said she saw her. So my friend asked the person she borrowed the cot from if she had the same lady and the person said yes it was her grandmother as she gave them the cot when there kids were born. She told my friend to tell the lady that this was her child and that the cot was on loan to them. And she added if you are going to look after her you can stay but otherwise piss off.
The lady was never seen again but she was always felt as a warm loving embrace of the room. Sadly my friend has also passed but if she came to see my child, who is on there way just a tad more growing to do, I would be happy she was a caring, loving, giving woman with a big heart and although I only knew her a few years she has made a big imprint on my whole life and I counted her as family. So krishna if you can somehow read this or you are with me as I type it I want to say we all miss you and we all love you we'll meet again my friend until then feel free to drop in:P miss you krishna.
P.s I would go with the blessing.
CriminalMinds (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
Do you have any ideas now who the ghost was?
Maybe you could use the description from your daughter and compare it to relatives that have passed away recentley or look at the past of your house!
fernowky (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
that's odd very odd scary things like that is what makes me afraid to come out from under my covers what I say is to let her sleep in your room and you or your husban sleep in her room and see what you can find out
seesthings626 (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
Im 13 and I used to see a man who stood in my door way. I wasn't frightend of him but just last year I felt another pesense (I dontknow how to spell tht!) it wansnt nice, I felt like I had to watch my back and I couldn't go to sleep in there. I slept in my mums room for a month!
We got my room blessed by some one from a church. Everything is fine now. So try blessing the room an any were else you feel any thing uneasy. 😊
Hope it helps!
Shoe-Gall (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-13)
Thank you all very much for your comments. I will certainly give anything a try - tonight has been another very testing time after what I thought was the end of our problems. She had a good few nights where nothing seemed to happen but tonight she has been very upset and distressed again. My husband has spoken to the "man" and told him that he is upsetting her and hopefully this will calm things down again for a while.

I was so relieved to read posts from other Mothers whose children were experiencing the same things - until now I thought I was so alone! It's so comforting to know that other people out there are having the same difficulties and that there are people to talk to - so thank you all for reassuring me. I will keep you all posted ❤
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
This is really hard to try to second guess, but I would say it was all the above, as long as she is happy and playing with whoever and family do like making a baby happy, don't freak out when the young one points out someone you can't see and says uncle he/she is just giveing happenis let it be...
whitehorsesxx (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-05)
My nephew had a similar thing happen to him. He stays over at my mother's house with us occasionally. He is about 4 now, but at the time of the incident in question, he was about 2 and a half or three. He would stay on the campbed in my mother's room when he stayed back then, with his head right next to the door of my mothers on-suite bathroom, where the door used to be left open always. One night he woke up strangely and hopped into bed with my mother, complaining of the "thing in the bathroom." My mother thought he had just had a bad dream, but over the next 3 or 4 days when he stayed over or visited us, he refused to enter or go near my mothers bathroom at all, especially with the light off. He still will not enter it on his own, with even the light on. When he stays over nowadays he insists on sleeping in my room, which is fine with me. I find this wierd as I used to have the same sort of experiances as a child of that age with the back hallway. I think your daughter is telling the truth. Maybe you could try moving her to a differrent bedroom in the house? Good luck, god bless. Amy, 12, England ❤
katm72 (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
I am so happy that I found this sight. I have a 2 1/2 year old son who has been telling me every night that he sees a ghost in his room & down the hallway. I just figured that he just wanted my attention. However some nights he wakes up very frightened.
The other night I woke up to go to the bathroom like I do every night. More than you need to know. Anyway, I looked out in the living room since I thought I heard my 10 year old daughter walking down the hall towards our room. It wasn't my daughter at all it was a shadowy figure that continued to walk back and forth down the hallway. I also could hear the footsteps, which was very chilling. I woke my husband up to tell him as I watched it walk back & forth. He said that he couldn't see it. I believe that some are sensitive to the paranormal & some aren't. It does explain that every time my son explains this ghost to me he calls it a shadow. During the day he tells me that it is hiding.
I also forgot to mention that my daughter used to have the same room & always complained of seeing a man. She also used to say that she had seen her notebook & a couple of things fly across the room. We just thought that she too wanted attention. I believe that this is very real, so I do understand how you must feel. My father died 3 years ago so I feel that it may be him checking on them. I do want you to know that I wasn't really very scared when I saw this shadowy figure. I hope that this helps. If the ghost or whatever it may be, is causing your daughter a lot of distress, you may need to talk to a pastor or a Catholic priest according to your religion. Also, some of the ghost hunters will investigate for free. I hope that your daughter will find some peace. 😁
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
I suppose what I would do in your situation would be to ask your daughter questions. What does the ghost look like? Did he say what he wanted? Is he a nice ghost? Engaging her in conversation about it is a first step to helping her accept that these entities are simply a part of life, and to think analytically about them. Especially since this runs in your family. Teaching her to analyze the situation will give her a better grasp of which spirits are ok, and which ones are genuinely frightening. The ones that truly scare her, tell them to go away and leave her alone. She will learn by watching your example of standing up to them.
Also, for both you moms, try a piece of rose quartz in your daughters' bedrooms. Rose quartz puts out feelings of love and calmness. Can't hurt.
Phiona1114 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
I am so glad to have found your post. I came to this site for some guidence and someone to talk to. My daughter is also 2 1/2 and seeing things. She gets really scared and has a mini panic attack and says ghost mommy. I ask her to show me where, she also points to nothing or brings me to a room, where I see nothing, but she is clearly scared. I told her when she sees things to tell them to go away. I am worried about her because all the women in my family share a sense of things. I myself have had many experences, it is just something that is handed down in my family. I want to help my daughter not be scared anymore. I am just not sure how to explain this to a 2 1/2 year old. I too am looking for advice
ParanormalPrincess (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
i've watched a lot of shows and something I've learned is that little kids are "sensitive" so to speak to paranormal things like ghost so that could be one thing but also and I'm not sure this is true but children are suppossed to be like "pure" and so mabe that's why she's seeing that man. Mabe you could try sleeping with her in her room or have her sleep in your room with you two. Hope I helped 😁
freya (6 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
it might be that when you was watching a scary film she might of seen it peaking through to stairs but just tell your little girl there's no problem you just imange him he is just a man you dream off but maybe it might be her father in law haunting your girl to get back at you for dating another man I hope your little girl is alright cause this is making me really sad 😭
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
I can understand your concerns and it is quite apparent your daughter is frighten by what she can see and feel? As I would presume with another energy in her room, she would also be picking up on a medium to heavy presence of energy with her when in visitation... Instinctively contributing with the visual presence and understandably making her to cry... Giving you a dose of anxiety no doubt... Although your daughter is crying, it doesn't necessarily mean that a spirit is purposely causing her to do so... But at the same time if this spirit is a family guide who may be looking out for her? Or just on a family visit!...this visitor should respect that fact that you don't want your daughter frighten by there presence, I feel with respect!... Be firm and ask this visitor not to frighten and surround your daughter when alone, if your daughter does settle down then you will now that this visitor is of a friendly nature and most likely with her for a reason? Normally for protection.

Daz
Khloros (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
Moongrim had a good idea but iron only forces spirits out of the physical plan for a short time. If she does not want him around her bed then put a line of pure salt around her bed. (yes I know it sounds like some hollywood bull. But it works it has worked many a time for me) spirits should not be able to pass over a pure salt line.
judz32 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
I had a friend who used to live beside me; I was very closed to him but since he passed away, I'll hear his voice in his yard. One night my sister and I were home; we were sitting in our dad's room talking about her graduation when I heard a voice of someone said, "HI" when I looked it was my friend. I saw him as clearly as ever but he kept staring at me for around 4-5 minutes then he disappeared. I didn't tell my sister whom did I see because I knew I would blow her mind out. Up to today I haven't told my sister anything.
judz32 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
I had a friend who used to live beside me; we were very closed to him but since he passed away, I'll hear his voice in his yard. One night my sister and I were home; we were sitting in our dad's room talking about her graduation when I heard a voice of a human being said to me, "Hi" when I looked it was my friend calling me. I saw him as clearly as ever but he kept there for about 4-5 minutes then he disappeared. I didn't tell my sister whom did I saw because I know I going to blew the hell out of her. Up until today I haven't told her.
musicmaniac (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
my favorite aunt whom passed away last month. Visits me in my bedroom. She never got to go to our house but she still visits me at night. She nibbles my nose and pinches my cheek. Sometimes she even hums to me whenever I have a hard time sleeping. I really miss her... 😭 😢
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
zzsgranny,

"We started saying a prayer at bedtime... She would tell God thank you for whatever her young mind could think of at that time, and for everybody (EVERYONE'S name had to be included!"

-----> very true indeed. My son has to include to name of our cat. LOL
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
hi!

I have a three year old son and he can actually see the ghosts in our house. I'd like to share an instance when he actually ran to me and screamed that the lady ghost in our house wants to get him. I got scared and furious to be honest. Scared because my son can see the unseen at a young age and furious because the ghost have no right to take my son away! As a protective mom, I told the lady ghost to stay away from my son and stop scaring him. It might have worked because as per my son, he could still see the lady ghost in our house.

It might work for your daughter too. Tell the "man" that he is not welcome in any place of your house and stop scaring your daughter.

Please keep us posted.

God Bless.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
Shoe-Gall: I don't often give this kind of advice, but it really worked for my daughter when she was the same age... We started saying a prayer at bedtime... She would tell God thank you for whatever her young mind could think of at that time, and for everybody (EVERYONE'S name had to be included! 😆), and then one night she surprized me by adding, "and thank you for my angel Becky"...No idea where that came from!...But it gave her a sense of security, to know that someone was watching over her...

I don't know your religious beliefs, and if I have in any way offended you, please accept my apology...

I strongly believe that children are sensitive beyond our comprehension... I think it wise advice to speak TO, not with, this entity and ask him to please not scare her anymore... And as Pjod said, be firm... And also as polite as possible...

Some good advice, so far! Thanks for posting, and please keep us posted...

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
Even tricksy ghosts can be a problem. May I suggest some Cold Iron?

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore
Jet684 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
I have the same problem... And it has followed me throughout my entire life. I do not know about holy water, communication, or tricks to make them go away but in my experience they do not often move from their location. For peace of mind it is probably better just to sleep somewhere else, or have someone with her. These things are less scary when you are with someone you trust. Now that I am older, the same visions do not scare me because I know they cannot hurt me. They just startle me a bit, that's all.

Is she sleeping in the dark? Sometimes light helps, at least for me, because it makes those types of visions less creepy as a child. The thing is still there but at least its not like some dark monster in the night staring at you. Eventually they leave, sometimes it takes years, other times it takes a few days or even hours.

Normally these visions that last a long time are there because that "person," thing, or whatever feels the need to watch your daughter. In my case that remained true until something more important elsewhere happens and the "person" wants to move somewhere else to watch something else. Usually this occurs when the child grows too old like me. Ha-ha
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
Hello, I agree with Pjod and BadJuuJuu. Try burning some sage in your daughter's room and telling this spirit to Stop scaring her, and that it is Not allowed to touch her. This advice was given to a friend of mine because her son was experiencing the same thing. It helped her and her son, so I hope it will do the same for you. Thanks for sharing. 😊
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
Hi;

It may not be a "man". It may be a demon, if not the fancy of a child's imagination. Try sprinkling Catholic Holy water on her bed, especially at night. Also, say the names of Jesus, Mary, and St. Michael the Archangel. See if the "man' persists. Best. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
Maybe you could try telling the man that his presence is unwelcome, and that he should move on. He probably doesn't mean to scare your daughter, but he is, and should leave. She needs to feel safe in her own room, so maybe you could sleep in her room with her a few mights until this presence moves on.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
I would sleep in her room for a few nights... And about that time of night she normally "screams" talk to what might be there... Tell him he is scaring your little one, and that it is unacceptable. Tell him he must not show himself to her anymore, and if he continues this, you will bring someone in who will force him out of the house. Be very firm, and do this for quite a few nights in a row... I trust this would be enough to get through to this spirit.
Erebus (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
As for all the children, seeing ghosts is quite common: the interaction with them instead could be dangerous. You daughter is frightened and I don't know how much she would care to understand why the ghost decided to show himself. Maybe the best thing could be, accordingly to your believes, is trying to make the ghost move away,. Look for expert and practised people around you to understand what he is and why he is there. In the meanwhile try to make the house as full as possible of positive energies.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: