You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Our Haunted Wooden House

Real Ghost Stories

Our Haunted Wooden House

 

This happened before I was born, the story I got from my mom.

I was born in Riau, Eastern Sumatra in 1971. At that time most of the island was covered by woods and jungle and Riau was not an exception. My father was working in a company based in Rengat, Riau. Several months after my parents got married; they went to Sumatra to start a new life as a family. My mom was pregnant of me at that time.

When they arrived in the small town near a city of Rengat, they went to a small house prepared by the company. It was actually not a small house, but a big stage house made by wood. It was a typical house in that area, since there were lots of wild animals still wandering around. But it was divided into two small houses. The other part of the house was occupied by a widow with a small boy. The town itself was located near a jungle a deep and dark jungle. Any transportation to the nearest city was by using a boat through the Indragiri River.

The widow, Mrs. Sue, which was the name I gave her, baked traditional cakes for living. She was often heard busy with her crockery while she was making the cakes. One night my father was still awake reading a book. While he was enjoying the book he heard some noises from next door that sounded like Mrs. Sue was busy making the cakes. Please note that the house was divided only by boards, so we could hear what other people do next door. My father felt it a little bit strange since it was midnight and wondered why Mrs. Sue was still busy at this kind of time. But later on he thought that maybe she got lots of orders for the following day. Then he decided to ask Mrs. Sue in the morning for some cakes for breakfast.

So next morning my father asked Mrs. Sue for the cakes. He wanted to have with his coffee. But Mrs. Sue said she hadn't made any yet since her son was sick and they went to bed very early. Actually she was heading to market to buy the ingredients. My father replied that he heard last night until midnight. So he thought it was her making the cakes. She didn't show any surprises when my father said that. She just nodded and smiled.

They had many strange experiences there. One time they decided to take a picture in front of the house. The result was surprising. On the picture it showed my parents standing in front of the house with a tree behind them. Beside the tree and the house, there was a big black shadow figuring a human form. It looked like it was starring at the camera. I was shown the picture when I was a kid but later on when I tried to see it again I just could not find it anywhere. So sorry, because I'd really love to show it to you all in this site.

When my mom was getting bigger, the company decided to send my parents to another house which was located in the city. This meant that they had doctors and a hospital in the city. While they were having their farewell lunch with Mrs. Sue and her son, she told my parents about the house.

She said the house had sad stories. A young man hung himself in the bed room and also there was a lady who died in childbirth. All this happened in the part where Mrs. Sue and her son stayed. Some nights when they were asleep they were woken by strange noises in the house. Some of which was her kitchen equipment falling. Mrs. Sue saw a figure of a man open their bed veil and look at them like he was checking on them. First time she got so scared but since she didn't have any money to look for another house, she just tried to get used to it and live with it.

Not many people wanted to stay there a long time. She was surprised and also worried when she saw my parents arrive. She was surprised that there were people who would be her neighbors which really made her happy. But she also worried because she saw my mom pregnant. She's worried that the evil things would harm my mom and her baby. I will post another stories about this kind of evil later.

There were lots of stories of strange things that happened during my parents stayed in Riau. Not only in this small town but also in other places they stayed before they went back to Jakarta. But those will be in another post. As for Mrs. Sue and her son, may God bless them wherever they are now.

Other hauntings by zeetha

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zeetha, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
Pena Warisan
Ah, but they can not effect what we do not chose for them to effect, Pena Warisan.
I will concede that upon initial association WITH a life impaired individual the most common reaction is the fear. *shrug* Most of that, from THIS side, I believe to be in what "we" have collectively told the children to "keep them safe".
The Non-Human Entities that you site (chicken headed, human torso, donkey hooves) are not life impaired individuals, however; and therefore not classified as "ghosts". Neither are the Elemental, or Nature Spirits who resemble plants, or elements when sighted.
What we do DOES effect their Realm, but on a very minor scale. Much like a bad decision for us does to our realm.
Let us carry this conversation over to http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=4046, please. I would hate for zeetha to lose to this exchange.

Wado.

Please excuse us, zeetha. I am so sorry. My curiosity took over and... Well... 😉
penawarisan (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
Dear Whitebuffalo,
If ever I am in your neighborhood I be glad to accept that cup of tea of yours. Who knows, probably next year, I will put aside or allocate some of my research budget just to have that cup of tea. 😉 for I really love hearing ghost stories.
One of my findings here is that (so claimed) that accordingly, apart from the world we are living in (matter), there are another 9 non-matter which exist parallelly. The nearest is unperfect beings such as what we called ghosts. These beings, non matter, live in their world but incomplete in vary form. Some could have a head of a chicken and a body of a man. And other etc. All the ten worlds independantly exist and oblivious to the other. It seems that what we do to this matter world would somehow effect theirs too... Hmmmm... Remember that when we cut some bushes later... Hahaha... I am still doing this research...

Dear Zeetha,
Sorry for this brief 'swaying'. (Wado/ Terima kasih).
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Dear Zeetha, nice story. I'm sure everything turned out well, since, here you are, with all of us on this site. We here, are always thankful to those of us who share thier stories, because, somehow, it helps us grow in understanding, about the paranormal and the spirit world. In your particular account, you told us about how your parents, were able to connect, with a lonely widow and son, who found friendship and support in thier everyday trials, of having to deal with thier lot in life. It seems the widow got comfort, in knowing that she was not crazy and alone in her experiences.
Thank you for sharing, such a well told account. God Bless you and yours! 😊 ❤
Oh and can hardly wait for your next story!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Oh, and...no.
The FIRST is FEELING, then either the sighting OR hearing.
Offer stands for a "sit down". C'mon over to one of my stories.

Please, again, excuse the interruption to your page, zeetha.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Beautiful, Pena Warisan. You actually had me really curious and hankering to sit down to tea with you. I am a sucker for great discussion and conversation. Right up until...
Look, if you want to straight up talk experiences, why do you not click on my profile name and pick a story. You do not have to read the story, but ask (or share) away. I would be happy to compare. In fact, ask any of my friends, and they will tell you I am a Student of Life. Some of THEM may join on in, as well.
*shrug* your choice. I am not really interested in the whole "TV program deal"... If you do not mind. But I would be happy to communicate on one of my pages.
Wado (Cherokee for Thank you)
penawarisan (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Dear whitebuffalo,
I hope he went back and probably help solve some mystery to that. A question though... You are face to face (encounter of a third kind: meeting and chance to communicate. The first is hearing (sound), second is sighting), with some unknown creature... Human form that is... What do you do? You freak out or rather you just get curious and start asking question... Why do we have to freak out? If that is the case...
I don't know, I seriously do want to ask a lot of questions especially to the unknown if ever approached by one. Fear aside, getting some answer is more inspiring.
I am actually doing a research for a new TV program I am writing on... Ghost story... Hahaha... Any ghost story to share don't hesitate...
Pena Warisan (which means pena = pen, warisan = heritage)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
I have to admit, penawarisan, I had to look up a few things, but nice story. We have quite a few "hitchhiker" stories around here, too. Basically the same thing as you wrote. Is it not amazing how someone can get "trapped" very visually just trying to get home?
Did he GO back? If so, did he see anything?
Thank you.
penawarisan (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Dear white buffalo,
Hmm... Seldom do we see white buffalo around anymore here. I have not seen one... Ages. But it's probably out there in a 'kampung' somewhere. Some says it is not easily tamed. The sight of one would quickly make you hasten the other way... Hmm... Talking about 'kampung' life... Oh, how I long for a day in a paddy field.
I was in a taxi in Kuala Lumpur, late for a meeting when I started a conversation with the driver. Not more than 20 days ago, just after the sun set, he was driving through one particular road (near the zoo in Kuala Lumpur) where a gal in white dress stopped him. He took her in. Noticing that she was wearing a white 'baju kurung' with a black sarong. She asked to go to a hilly residential area and the driver took her. Arriving to the hill side, she asked the driver to drive further into the secluded road. He was surpised for he saw no road ahead. It was at this particular moment that he asked her again which road she wanted to take and she insistently haste for a road he cxan't see. She even pointed to a deep jungle. It was then that he sense something was wrong and tapped her pointing hand... Sure enough it passed through it. He was so taken. Braked the car and quickly running out, he screamed outside and recited some verses. The things then went screaming out of the car into the darkness.
Spooky huh?
My reaction was... Wow, that something for a cities of 4 million people. Nosy writer as I am, I asked hinm to go back to the place where the gal insist to go and try to look for anything that probably the gal might want to tell. Who knows, she probably is trying to say something but we are just not listening. Hmm... How we fear the unknown...

Pena Warisan
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Penawarisan? What a beautiful way to describe a Residual Haunting. How absolutely...clean. Thank you.

Please excuse the interruption to your page, zeetha.
penawarisan (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Interesting! I read somewhere years ago, the earth as it is is a camera itself. It took pictures and certain happenings of the past. In most haunting, it is probably the circumstances where certain unforgetfull memories stay capture by the earth itself. If such then like any other picture, it is harmless. But we never know...
zeetha (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
There are some bizarre stories my mom heard at that time, such as:
- Pregnant women may not stay outside after 5.30 pm since an evil thing disguise as an old lady will approach, rub their belly and on the next days their babies in their womb will disappear.
- This "old ladies" also like to pinch babies, especially the chubby and healthy ones. Talk with the mother, praise the baby. Ask to hold them. And the next days the babies got sick and died soon after. They said, the old ladies are people who learn black magic and got feed from babies blood.
- Don't let your babies unguarded because they will be found somewhere else but the bed. In an extreme case my mom heard, a woman put her baby in bed then left it since she wanted to do something in the kitchen. After a while she heard a baby crying from outside. She was curious since she thought it was like her baby's crying. When she looked there, she almost fainted because she found her baby was on top of a well cover. If the baby moves, it will fall down to the well. Nobody but her in the house, nobody can pass from bedroom to the well without her sight. And the main door in the living room was locked. She screamed and cried until neighbors come to help and comfort her.
These kind of stories are usual in my country. We won't even wonder if it happened. Because we are living in a country where supernatural or paranormal is a normal thing 😉
suzi (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
hey uour story is really intresting dear and one think I want to ask you... Are those ghosts that evil as mrs. Sue worried ah... I don't think so. Right ❤ 😊 😉
suzi (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
hey uour story is really intresting dear and one thing I want to ask you... Are those ghosts that evil as your grandma worried ah... I don't think so. Right ❤ 😊 😉
zeetha (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-23)
Hi all,
Thank you for the comments.
It's not only you, guys but I ALSO WOULD LOVE TO SEE the picture again. Since I saw it when I was a kid, many years ago. But when I asked my mom about it and we tried to find it, we just could not find it anywhere. Not even in our old photo collections. So sad because it would be a precious things for us.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
I am just curious. Did anyone ever tell you the reason Mrs. Sue feared for your Mother's unborn child? Not trying to sound like I am being over inquisitive, but she herself (Mrs. Sue) had a son, was there something that had happened that would cause her to worry so?
I see that you wrote there were more stories to come, and I DO NOT want to spoil any story lines, so if it would, please just tell me to wait for the next posting!
Wa-do.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
zeetha: The house has had some sad history I'm surpised that is all they experinced in the home I wonder what became of Mrs. Sue? Would of loved to have seen the photo also.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
A creepy yet intruiguing story my dear. Please keep us posted about your other stories.

Take care.

kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
creepy story but i... (I mean anybody else here) would love to see that picture you mentioned. Looking forward to hear more from you... God bless you and your family...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: