You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Fathers Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

A Fathers Encounter

 

My father is an extreme Christian so he does not believe in ghost. This is about his experience and although it happened a long time ago, one thing still puzzles me. He was living in a remote island called guimaras in the Philippines. Communication back then was impossible, when they say you need to go through a mountain before you can get a pale of water they literally mean a mountain.

I've been there before when I was a kid, the province was cool A lot of trees in the areas, wild animals are running free, caves Hills big trees etc. All visible, it's like you're in a paradise. It was when we hit a certain area, my father start talking. This is where he had an experience which puzzles me and keeps me Asking is he really not into ghost apparitions etc...

It was in the 70's when this thing happened. My father and his friends went fishing; it's very common for a fisherman in their area to go out the sea when the moon is at most, full moon. After they were done with the fishing stuff, he decided to go home Along with the fish they caught. He started making his way back home, On his way, he met a stranger, " hey buddy, if I were you I would not go home alone, can't you see We got a full moon here so you better be careful", as per my father He just ignored the man and went straight while shaking he's head.

He passed through the area we were and it was in this area He started to feel so light, like his body was about to float, suddenly the Area was covered with light and he started hearing noises and voices coming from Small people. I then asked how did you know its coming from small people. He said the sound of the voices were creeping him out and it was not a normal Persons pitch he added, what he did was try to get the leaves of a dead coconut tree to create noise by slamming the dead branch anywhere. He said if someone could see him they would think he's crazy. After the noises that he made the voices disappeared along with the light. He ran all the way back home thinking of what he had seen and heard. I then ask, do you think it was a ghost? His answered he believes in Christ and that HE is the only one he believes... Stupid as it may sound but it really is. I'm just curious, what could it be?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hallowfied, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

420man (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-11)
Guimaras is a really nice place. Yet I find it real creepy at night. By 8pm, even the main road is real dark and you barely see cars pass by. In the hotel I stayed in back in 2010, sadly I can't remember the name of the hotel, At around 4pm-ish I was on the 3rd floor of the hotel, on the veranda smoking a cigarette, me and my son decided to head up there and check the view out since it was high up, half-way through my cig, my son looks around and asks me, "Daddy, don't you hear it?", So, I answered, "Hear what?", And my son answered, He was about 4 and a half years back then, "The voice, You know, The voice of the Ghost Lola (grandma) ", I threw my cig on the ground stomped it out, and told my son we were going back to the room. Immediately. Hahaha.
melpat01 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
I was born and raised in the Philippines too. I've been in the remote areas in Cavite, Laguna, Batangas and yes even close to Guimaras, Samar and it really is not too far fetched to encounter such beings, especially being so close to nature. Its very seldom that you encounter this "little beings" out in the Metro. I can remember many stories told, especially with a full moon, about "Mananaggals", "Tikbalangs", "Dwendes", "Aswangs". The storytellers can be very descriptive that it'll give you chillbumps and huddle closer.

Thank You for sharing your story. It brought back a lot of found memories about our country and culture. 😊
mslees (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
I think your dad may have just been protecting you, I'm sure he knows about evil things. Infact even more so because he is Christian, so am I. What else do you think satan and his army of angels would be up to all this time?
Thedarkchocolate (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Little voices? Those have got to be "dwendes." A dwende is the Tagalog of "dwarf" which are little creatures that look similar to humans except they are tiny and have pointy ears... But I'm sure we all know that already. Haha.
ReiC (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
syet! I have been in this place guimaras cause my granfather leaves there 😁
shiver (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
My Lola told us there were dwarfs in her big old house also. Playing with them sometimes, arranging their slippers on their headboard. The house was blessed by a priest after several weird happenings. Like the child of the border who plays with them. My left her keys upstairs and it was locked from the inside. Then after hours the little boy who talks and plays with the dwarf walked down from the stairs holding her keys. The little boy was only 3-4 y.o during that time and he was with his mother when Lola accidentally left the key upstairs and locked the door. Give the creeps because I lived stayed there for several months during my 2nd year in college. I usually stay up late watching the moon from inside because there are no curtains. I stayed there because Lola went to U.S. To stay with my aunt. That house was really creepy. The neighbors even asked my Lola one time if her grandchildren is there to visit her because. She have seen kids playing on the terrace. Awww... 😲
JeffGhostbuster (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
You know, I really think they were dwarves,
Why? He said it was small voices he heard
And dwarves are quite popular in the philippines...
As you can see I'm filipina and grew in Manila, philipines... But I still believe in those!
Like his fatherI am also an extreme christian
Violet_Sidhe (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Interesting! Ireland has the wee folk that love playing tricks on night time travels. There are also faerie lights that try and make night time travelers stray off their path to fall off cliffs or into swamps. It's interesting to notice how many places have the same types of creatures.
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
hallowfield;

Maybe your dad is in denial...hehe...

BTW, can I ask how long did you wait until this site published your story?

❤ x10
Summit (18 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Yeah I'm from the philippines too. I highly beleived it was "laman lupa" (elemental being) and they are troublesome, I live on a rural areas too and encountered a lot of this tricks during nightwalk.
hallowfied (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
thaks for the comment guys can you tell that to my father hahaha because up until now he doesn't believe in negative forces, strange because I hear him says "Get out satan in Jesus name" hmmm that means he believe, but he insist not... And its pretty annoying isn't it? 😭
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
I'm pretty sure those are dwarfs, the fact that he is a non-believer made me think so. Maybe the dwarfs wanted him to know they exist... I respect your father on not believing in ghosts. But I if God exist, negative forces do too. Balance...
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
hi there hallowfied!
I am from the Philippines too.
I don't think that your dad encountered a ghost, what I am thinking is, he could have encountered the elementals (laman lupa) and the voices he heard are from the duwendes (dwarves).
It is widely believed here in our country and even in manila we have it here.
God bless.

eleanoranne (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-25)
Don't really think it's much... Could have been his mind playing tricks on him. The fact it was full moon suggests it was late, right? We all get tired at start feeling weird:\

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: