You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My First Old Woman In White

Real Ghost Stories

My First Old Woman In White

 

I'm new to this site as of may 2010 and I've made a few comments on a few other stories and most of them seem legit. Until now I have held on writing any of my own personal experiences, mainly because there are so many that I don't know where to begin... But I'll start with the one that sticks out the most... Which is my first actual time SEEING an apparition...

Since I was a little girl, I have always known that ghosts and spirits are around us. This particular time was when I was about 12 years old my mother, father, little sister, and I had moved into a new home in august of 1998. It was a brick, ranch style house on a dead end street. The last house actually. As I remember, I didn't feel anything weird or strange in the house at first. It wasn't until months later that I started to realize that something in that house wasn't right.

I think it was the summer of 99 when I had this particular experience. It was late at night maybe early morning and everyone was asleep. It was still very dark outside. My sister and I shared a bedroom and had bunk beds. I was on top and she had the bottom. I have this thing about open doors at night so I like to close my door when I'm going to sleep. So that night, after going to bed and knowing that I CLOSED MY DOOR, I was woken by a LOUD BANG. I sat up like a rocket and looked around the room to see where the noise came from. When I looked over at the door to the hallway I saw that it was WIDE OPEN and swinging slightly like it had just bounced off the wall behind it. It was liked someone punched or kicked the door open!

As I continued to look, I saw the back of someone walking down the hallway away from my room towards the living room. They were short and thin with something white and almost bright on like it had light coming from it but they were walking too fast for me to see exactly. Now, it's late at night and no lights are on in the entire house. I waited a second to see if they would turn on some lights or the TV or make a noise or something because I was thinking it might have been my dad (even though he was at least 6 ft tall and had a beer belly) going to get something to drink from the kitchen or watch some TV. But there was NOTHING. Complete silence. Okay, now I was starting to freak out. Here I am, sitting up in the top bunk of my bed staring out my open door into the dark silent hallway. I was still HOPING it was my dad (my mom had passed a few months before so I knew it could only be him right? And in case anyone is thinking it was my mom, she was a taller heavyset woman so it wasn't her) I was too afraid to say a word because I feared that if it wasn't my dad, whoever it was would hear me and come back down the hallway and into my room. But somehow I worked up the courage for one, good, loud "DAD!"

... And NOTHING... He didn't answer back! Okay, so I KNOW it wasn't him. So then I try to wake my little sister. I shook the bed, and tapped her on the head with my stuffed animals I kept at the foot of my bed. She didn't wake up either... And I was too afraid to get up and close the door in case it heard me moving around and came back. So I threw myself under the covers...shaking, and sweating bullets until I eventually fell asleep.

The next day I asked my dad if he opened our door last night to check on us or something. He said no and that he slept through the entire night. I told him what had happened and he told me I had a bad dream. It wasn't until years later when we both experienced something together that he would tell me about this same "woman" that he would see at night as well (but his experiences were scarier)...and that he was afraid to tell us about it or verify what I was telling him for fear that he would scare us.

MORE STORIES TO COME...

Other hauntings by amk86

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amk86, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

XDGabRDJAXD (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
You are very good in writing stories... Your emotions flowed into every single letter/word that you typed in! 😁
Whoever that is, it's trying to scare you in a friendly way.
CalmDream95 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Spooky experience
I guess she likes her doors open though!, good thing she wasn't evil because if she was she would've came back for you or never left your room at the first place.

Thanks for sharing your story:)
musicmaniac (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
wow! Awesome (and groosome) story! 😁 😊 my little sisiter hates the door open at night cause she thinks the boogeyman will get her! 😆
amk86 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
Thanks for your comments. To isis80, yes, my dad told me that's exactly why he didn't tell us about these things. We were young and would absolutley be scared if we knew our dad was too...lol. To Darkness, you are right, I have learned in the 10 or so years since then not to show fear. Whenever I feel like some is around, I talk out loud and tell them to leave me alone and to go away because they don't live there anymore. To indiandaksh, I haven't seen nor felt this woman in years but me and my father believed it was the older woman who use to live in the home with her husband before we purchased it from her children. I have more stories about this spirit and I will post them soon. Thanx.
indiandaksh (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
hey, a pretty creepy experience,, maybe that woman isn't evil after all as evil spirits usually scare or try to harm you. Maybe this'll help. Go to the place where this woman comes, sense if she is there and ask her why she is here and tell her calmly but firmly that her presence is disturbing you
Everything'll be alright ❤
Daksh
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Hi amk86: Thanks for leaving us hanging for your next story hahaha I think something was definitely trying to get your attention and succeded at doing so, it seems it knew what scares you. The hardest thing is to not show fear this what it wants from you I believe. Maybe have a look at some history of you land, home etc. Look forward to your next submission.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
wow that is deep, your father thought he was protecting you by not telling you, but he was probably scared as well. Your story sounds very real to me!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: