You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: He Plays Tricks On Me

Real Ghost Stories

He Plays Tricks On Me

 

I'm new to this site; I came across it while I was trying to justify the strange things happening to me at the moment (using good old Google)

I'm 23 years old and I live in Perth, Western Australia.

I moved into my new house about 6 months ago, from day 1 strange things were happening.

To list a few:

- The stereo would turn its self down, and sometimes right up to the max!

- We would come home with all the lights turned on; when we specifically knew we turned them off in the morning.

- In our hall way there is a mirror at the entrance, every now and then I would catch a glimpse of a shadow moving past me very quickly...

After about a month I started seeing a guy, him and I were in my room one night, with the lights off, but the hallway light was on outside and the door was slightly opened. We were just mucking around on the bed (there is a large mirror above my bed head-very big, and you can see the bedroom door perfectly through it) I was sitting up, and as I caught a glance in the mirror, I saw a small boy standing outside my door, peeking in at us. Of course I swung around quickly, (scaring my boyfriend completely) and there was no one there! I know he was there, I saw him clear as day a small boy perhaps 4 or 5. He was just standing there peering in, nothing bad, nothing threatening, just watching.

Now this for some reason makes me think of my 7th birthday party. I had a pool party at my parent's house, and only girls were invited... All the girls were outside waiting for me to get changed and go open my gifts, I was the only one inside, and as I was walking through the house to meet every one, a shadow appeared on the dining room wall, smaller than mine, (I could see my shadow next to the smaller one). I looked around for someone, saw no one, and kept going, I rarely think about that day much, Its come up a few times in discussion with friends/family/ but I've never thought much of it.

Until now!

After that day, stranger things started happening. I would be in my car driving, and the radio would start going up and down, up and down. Several times I would come home and the telephone would be swinging off the hook. But the one time that sticks with me is only about a month ago.

I had just taken the dry clothes off the clothes line and had taken them into my bedroom to fold. The clothes were all in a basket to my left and my bed was in front of me. As I took a piece of clothing from the basket, I folded it, and put it in a pile on my bed. I was nearing the end of the clothes in the basket, and I pulled out a blue shirt I had forgot I owned. I folded it (thinking to myself how much I missed that blue shirt) I put it onto the pile which was now 5 shirts high. I turned around to grab another shirt from the basket, and when I got back to my bed, all 5 shirts were on the floor near the wall behind me. (A good 2meters away). I stopped, and my heart was racing, I was scared beyond scared, but I just had this feeling it was a game. So I pretended to fold the shirt which was in my hand, I popped that on the bed, and I turned to the basket again (thinking to myself. "Go on... Do it again") but he didn't. I was left standing there like an idiot waiting for him to throw more clothes.

I can feel him around the place all the time, I find myself talking to thin air, trying to "find" him. I'm not scared of him, and I don't want him to leave, I just want to know why he is with me, I have a feeling it was him back on my 7th birthday, and he has just stayed with me.

I have just proof read my story and it sounds like I'm a nutter. I'm not. And your thoughts would be so much appreciated.

Thanks every one.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jesika-lee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blackness (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
Could possibly be a demon, have you ever woke up with unexplained and un-usually large scratches
Bonnie_13 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
another person from perth just like me, awesome 😊 but, no, your not nuts. Interesting that this little boy laid dorment for so many years, but it sounds like he just wants to have a good time, no harm intended. Thanks for sharing.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Hey! JOE!
You are breaking a cardinal rule!
If you want to remain a member you will cease and desist at once! This is your only warning!

JAV!
tapisonline (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Hi Jesika-Lee,

My name is Joe and I am a Psychologist and co-founder of The Australian Paranormal Investigation Society. If you are still experiencing events of a distressing nature and wanted someone to look into it for you, do not hesitate to contact my team and I. (Look us up on Facebook or www.tapis.id.au) Hope all is going well at your end.

Joe
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
earthshine86, I have to take a moment to commend you on your clear, logical explanation on the difference between ghosts and spirits, as well as their intentions. That is probably the best and most plausible explanation I've ever heard, and I feel I've actually taken something from that comment that I can apply to the next time--if there is a next time--I have an encounter with an otherworldly entity.

Narcissa: religious or not, I believe in karma, and I think that being cruel to others even after they are no longer of this world is something that the author would pay for later. If we were dealing with something that was purposefully trying to harm or harass the author instead of just being a little mischievous, then that's the point at which the author has all the right in the world to defend her home. So far she has not expressed that this is the case, at least not for the boy, so I think it might be harmful for her to take your advice.

Jesika: I can't help but wonder if the boy and the angry male entity you encountered may be one individual with multiple "sides", if you will. If that's the case, clearly this spirit has unfinished business. Could it be that his playful, innocent, gentle side is represented in the boy? That he is lonely and needs someone to communicate with? Could this angry, hostile side be his adult nature, who feels betrayed by someone or something? Please let us know if you get a chance to do some research.
FRAWIN (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
Kayla, my email is on my profile feel free to tell me your story and I will be glad to help you anyway I can. Between my friends and I we should be able to help you.

FRAWIN ❤ 😐
kaylaprcld (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
I seen ghost's in real human form. Does this mean I am special?
pipsta (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Hi fellow western-dweller!

I hve noticed that many more places in WA have a certain 'haunting' about them, compared to the Eastern States.

It is a very interesting story, and I hope that the spirit in your home settles, as they normally do with time.

:)
narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
just tell this damn boy to keep his annoying butt out of your lives, or get an exorcist! Whatever, he dosent sound very right to me! 😕
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Jesika-lee: Good to see another person from Perth are you NOR or SOR if you don't mind me asking? I believe something maybe following or is attached to you possibly. Is the first time you experienced anything was when you where 7? Maybe a particular event or gift or something you have aquired has kept this boy attached to you only a possibility?

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Jesika-lee (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
it was weird,

My partner is in prison as we speak, and I went to visit him (no one but me and his parents know he is in prison- we have done a very good job of keeping it a secret)

When I got back, I went to my friends house, she jumped into have a shower and I was on her bed jus relazing.
I got this terrible feeling thast there was some one else in the house with me, (but no one was) I was scared!
I reluctantly walked around the house and there was some one there, I couldn't see him but he was not the little boy, this was a man, and he was angry!

I stood at the bathroom door waiting for her to get out. I told her the feeling I got and she just brushed it off as nothing.

I get a phone call at 2am from my friend, she has been trying to sleep and can feel some one in her room with her, and walking past her bedroom door, wondering around her house.

I rush over, as well as her boyfriend and his mother (she is very sensitive to these things) . After a swift inspection, and a hot tea, his mother comes out with "he followed you here from the prison. He doesn't know where he is, he is roaming, trying to find his way around"

WELL! No one knows he is in prison. NO ONE. I have never ever said a word about it.

How did she know!?!?!?

She did a few "clearings" of the house, and the feeling was gone.

But iv come to assume, I'm sensative to these things attaching them self to me

Thoughts?
earthshine86 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
They know that you have an open mind and are aware of them. They can tell by body language and things like that... Just don't be afraid. There are STRICT lines between our reality and the reality of a ghost or spirit (I don't know if that's God's doing or what, but it's true) so don't be afraid. Be brave and productive... If you aren't in the mood to deal with these entities, don't let it stop you from having a good day at your girlfriend's house.
Jesika-lee (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Iv had something similar happen to me in the last 2 weeks or so. It feels unrelated, and it feels a lot worse but it wasn't in my home, it was at a girlfriends house.
earthshine86 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Hey there,

I hope you won't mind me sharing my thoughts on this subject. I have done a lot of careful reading on this subject and will attempt to make helpful speculations.

I think you should consider that it's possible the shadow from years ago and this boy in the new home are not related, though I believe you that both are real. "Ghosts" are usually "post-humans" that have died (or as I like to think of it, simply left their body) and have not yet gone into the light. There are varying reasons why they might not go into the light. Sometimes they have an Earthly concern, be it with an object or a person, that they want to tend to and motivates them to stay. As an example I recently read an account where a ghost wanted the new owner of his old home to locate and treasure his American Civil War memoir/diary that he had kept while alive. It had become lost. This person (ghost) wanted very much for someone to find and treasure his account. It may have been simply because his war experience was the biggest of his life and he wanted it to be validated and remembered, or maybe he wanted others to read about the experience and learn to avoid the senselessness of war. It is impossible to be sure. This ghost made tireless attempts to communicate with the living owner until this information was brought to light by a medium who they contacted for help. Another reason they might not go to the light is pure confusion - They may not understand that they should go to the light. I think this is often the case where a child or mentally ill individual leaves their body.

Spirits are "post-humans" who have been to the light. They do come back often, for varying reasons, but there are key differences between them and ghosts. Ghosts tend to retain their self image (as with the boy) because they cannot yet perceive themselves any other way than their Earthly bodies. Ghosts need help. Similar to how they perceive themselves in their original bodies, they do not travel as Spirits do. Ghosts perceive their travel in a human way as well (walking, with two legs, from place to place and crossing great differences only with great effort). This is why I feel it's unlikely the two instances are related. Spirits are often "healthy" mental entities who come back from the light for things like visiting love ones, helping the living, etc. They seem to do so freely. Spirits do not often make trouble like playing with electronics (lights, stereos) or making noises. They do manifest sometimes as human forms, seen in mirrors, in corners of the eye, etc. Those are the kinds of incidents where people see a deceased loved one looking much younger (that is often their way of letting the living know they are okay).

Ask yourself if you believe the entity you sensed on your birthday years ago was a ghost or spirit. If you remember other strange occurrences in that old home then its possible there was a separate ghost in that home. If, other than that day at the pool party, there were no notable instances, it was likely a spirit - My best guess is a loved one who wanted to be in attendance on your birthday. They took the opportunity while you were alone to try and make themselves known. Think about this possibility - Did a loved one pass on near to your 7th birthday or long before, who might have wanted to say hello?

On the subject of this boy - Short of employing the help of a medium or investigative team, let's start with what you can do yourself. I recommend researching the history of this new home. Find out who the previous owners were, check their family names and history for a deceased young boy like the one you describe. You may be lucky enough to find his name and he will be pleased that you have found it and can call him by it. Use local public records or ask around to do this. If it is not that home, it may be one nearby or one that once existed on the properly. Like I said - This poor boy would perceive himself as walking around on two legs and likely did not venture far.

If you can get this far, consider this next step. He can hear you when you speak out loud, so long as he is near. Try to tell him not to be afraid of the light (he likely has seen it but not gone in) and that he is supposed to go in. Let him know that any loved ones he misses or is wondering about is likely on the other side and that only good things await him. Tell him you were pleased to have met him and feel he is a good soul who does not deserve to be trapped so lonely in the house (he surely is lonely, hence his interest in you). The fact that most people do not believe in Ghosts is the reason why they suffer such a lonely existence of trying to communicate with the living and get the help that they seek. Keep in mind that there is nothing to fear here, and you are doing a kindness to a fellow human soul.

I wish you good luck... Please contact me if you feel I can provide further insight.

Joe
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Jesika-Lee - I really enjoyed your story. I've had several child spirits living with me over the past many, many years. They've been fun and interesting to live with. By the way, nope, gotta agree with BadJuuJuu - you're not nuts. Even if you are, it's the good kind 😆.

I'd like to suggest something that has helped me. Keep a journal of the little boy's visits. Even if it's just a line or two. It will help you realize you're not slipping too far of the edge. It's also good to go back and read ever now and then.

I want to recommend you read this story if you haven't already - "We Clean A Haunted House." Haunted_Cleaner has 3 parts to her story. I think you'll enjoy them.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Hi Jesika:

First off, I think you may have the little boy and then you might also be seeing "shadow people". When you were younger did you have anyone close to you die... Like maybe a school friend or something? Maybe that person has not passed over and is hanging around you.

I think this entity may not be the one who is doing all the annoying things in your home such as turning the lights on, stereo on, etc. If this is still new... Those happenings, it could get worse such as dishes breaking, light fixtures falling, etc. I would suggest to say a prayer in every room of the house.

Good luck.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
No, you're not nuts lol. It sounds like this boy has attached himself to you for some reason. He seems harmless, if mischeivous. Spirits in general enjoy moving stuff and messing with electronics. Child spirits take that to a whole 'nother level. As you said about the clothes on the floor, it's a game. He's engaging you, the one person who is aware of him, in his fun. Talking to him is good. Maybe you could use a voice recorder to try to communicate. Spirits can't always make themselves heard, but electronic equipment can pick up their voices. You may get some hint as to who is and why he is with you. And this may sound kind of odd, but get a ball or something for him. A simple gift could help open communication.
Blessings ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: