You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: The Doll And Demon

Real Ghost Stories

The Doll And Demon

 

I would assume that this all happened about 5 years ago. A brief introduction I think is necessary. My mother is studying to become a priest for an Anglican church. My father is a firefighter and recently reborn Christian. My younger sister and I were raised as Christians and were taught many many things about ghosts and demons. There's not a person in my family who hasn't been affected by "supernatural" forces. It seems to run through the women in my family.

It started with my sister in her bedroom. We stayed in a relatively poor area in a pretty old house, and the neighbours were filthy and had plenty of rats. We would often hear these rats running through the roof all through the day. I noticed, however, that these "rats" would pick certain areas of the ceiling to frolic and run around. At this time, the "rats" had invaded the part of the roof covering my sister's bedroom and at this time she had been having "nightmares" where she saw horrible and ugly faces of men and women. She was scared out of her mind and my mother would go in and pray with her before bed every night.

Eventually the faces left my sister and the "rats" found a hovel above my parents' room. Often you'd walk past their door and hear my mother's guitar strumming when I knew for a fact there was nobody in there. My mum also began having strange nightmares where she screamed at the devil and spoke in different languages that sounded too old to learn. My father recorded her once. The last time she saw anything was in the kitchen. She assumed she saw my cat running behind her in the kitchen and thought he'd bumped the dining chair. She then realized that the cat was in my room with me at that time, and the shadow/figure she saw was too big. She also remembered "rats" in the ceiling above the kitchen when this happened and the chair was still out of place.

I was the last to be approached and unfortunately they approached me more vividly. I clearly remember waking up early one morning to the "rats' in the roof. The room and sky were still very dark and I heard talking. Clear as day, a small voice telling me how pathetic I am and should kill myself before I waste any more time here. I couldn't find the source of the voice, but as I was preparing to go back to bed, I saw something on my left sitting on the seat by my late grandfather's old writing desk. It was a young woman with no eyes. She looked almost porcelain and too perfect with long blonde hair. I heard the voice flinging insults at me from an obviously brilliant hiding place when suddenly the woman's head and wrists started bleeding. She opened her mouth and just screamed and screamed and screamed. I froze while staring at her. Please note I had made no sound at all. My mother came to see why I was screaming.

This event became a nightly occurrence. Eventually the voice made itself present in the form of what looked like a scaly green monkey. It would constantly remind me of my failures in life, and eventually I began to believe it. I don't know why I never bothered to tell it to go away. I didn't feel like I was strong enough. Once I screamed at it to leave me alone, and all it did was laugh. It all got too much for me to handle on my own. I saw psychologists, psychiatrists, spoke to my mother but never approached a priest. No real reason except for the fact that I found many hypocritical Christians at church and didn't want to be judged any more than this monkey thing had been judging me. My mother approached a priest for me. A group of people came to bless our house. I remember some judgmental old fart praying over me before we began (side note: I was interviewed on my appearance and views before anything began... I wear all black. I'm not a Satanist - and yes I know they're not about all black and killing cats -, I'm not a Goth, I just enjoy black and I like metal music), and she prayed to God for the Gift of Colour for me. Rude...

We went about the house throwing oily water on everything; my mom got involved in the hype and destroyed my father's collection of porcelain skull ornaments. When they got to my room, all they could do was complain about the evil pictures on my wall. I had to remove the word Seether (a band), a poster of The Darkness (the band that sang "I believe in a thing called love") and a bunch of bright colourful faerie pictures. I got angrier and angrier and the monkey was under my bed laughing at the procedure. I think that one priest may have heard the laughing or at least felt something awful. (Please note he was the only person who didn't get involved in the religious hysteria going on in the house at the time of the blessing). He looked at his bible and let it fall open. I believe he read from one of the Psalms. This pissed the monkey off and he flew to attack the priest, but I was shocked to see he couldn't get past what looked like a wall barrier. I actually laughed at its failure, and it felt great.

I will admit that the house blessing seemed to work. I believe that the spirits left (luckily none are malevolent like these few) belong to the house and should be left in peace.

I'm open to all opinions, positive and negative.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RavenC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Roxanne090 (10 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-22)
I've had thousands of experiences with demons since I could remember. The only difference is that I am Satanic (at least a bit), goth, etc. And the demons I see... Worship me. Appearently, they believe I'm some kind of Death. If I see a demon who'd do to me what it did to you, I'd show it who the REAL demon is, me
AndreaRC (12 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-31)
I love Seether! And the song Black Shuck by the Darkness is pretty good, just listened to it. I know it's been awhile since your post but I had to say that. 😊
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
Hi Raven, that's rude how those religious bimbos treated you. You have a right to wear what you wear and hang whatever you want in your room. I don't wear black too often but I'm no pink freak. I'm more a purple green and gold person haha fairies are awesome. That laughing monkey jerk had it coming when you laughed. If what was near you was near me I wouldn't kill myself I'd kill IT! That ugly ape would be dealing with a true demon, ME and wouldn't be laughing in the end and be dealing with my hellish brat wrath, am twelve years and I have a short temper. I'm glad its not bothering you anymore and hope it doesn't come back, Katherine. P.s. If it does come back show it your own wrath!
RavenC (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
[at] Cloud

Nothing else has happened with regard to the monkey and the doll like woman. We do have a porcelain doll that moves herself from time to time, but she's a doll and harmless.
AiNE (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
The Darkness is one of the least Goth bands in the world (and I admit to my prize possession being one of their posters)
cloudstrife (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
hey raven my names cloud and I'm very curious to know has anything else happened I also have seen this monkey thing in a friends house and also into heavymetal (favourite band - rammstein) but I'm the same not a goth or anything like that. Hoping to here from you

Cloud 😊
RavenC (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-14)
[at] nattypie99

A water demon? That sounds interesting and very very curious. Thank you for taking an interest and helping me figure this one out.

[at] princessLotus
Thank you so much for your kind words. I really do appreciate the kindness and concern.

Have a great week everyone!
nattypie99 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-13)
you don't have I ghost- it is a definite demon I looked in to it and its a demon of water. What seems to be part fish and part monkey.though, I couldn't find his/her name...!sorry... 😢 😢 😢
Bloodmoondream (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
Wow. Creepy story. And I'm exactly like you! I wear a lot of black and I love heavy metal. I'm also a Supernatural lover. I think you are very lucky that monkey thing didn't drive you to suicide. I like how you laughed at its failure, That's payback Demon style! If it comes back, burn some sage or put amethyst in the corners of your house,
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
I haven't read any comments yet so please forgive me if I repeat anyone. Hunny, you can wear all the black you want & listen to your music & have pics of fairies & what ever. I am an ordained minister in the Christian faith & all I wear is black & I love fantasy creatures & I listen to ALL music AND 9on top of it all I'm a proud Juggalo. I love Jesus & I believe in following what He taught & teaching the same. Some religious folks take it too far & lose focus on what IS really important about being a Christian. I'm so sorry for how they treated you. I am also sorry & pissed that this little demon jerk was harassing you. I rebuke that demon in Jesus' name! & you belong to Jesus & through Christ & in His name only can you rebuke these thing, YES YOU can. All by your self. Jesus gave us that authority. However there ARE times when this is just not enough & we must pull out the big guns. Catholics really get caught up in all the ceremonial crap of Christianity & it sucks (No offense to ANY Catholics) I have many Catholic friends. Just stay in prayer & keep seeking Jesus. It's NOT fun all the time & it almost always includes spiritual war fare. Every day we fight this battle, but God ALREADY has victory. I am try'n not to sound too religious cause I hate that, all I am offering is truth; what Jesus taught us. But like I said before, it doesn't matter how you dress, what music you listen to or how you decorate you house or room in your case. What DOES matter is what's in your heart hunny. Now if your listening to satanic music & your room & clothes carry the satanic motif, than DUH! You're inviting all of it. But that's not what I am picking up from you.

There's my 2 cents. Again thanks for sharing & bless you & yours. If you want to chat about ANYTHING hit me up at
Butterflygreen08[at]aim.com
I'm happy to listen if that's all you need 😊

~LSD~

P.S. I didn't mean to offend any body with this comment & want no drama. Respect.
AAR (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
personaly I think you should just try to ignore it. If it insults you agian keep ignoring it.
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Raven: its good to hear things are starting to fall into place. Galvon is right that it never hurts having someone whom you can talk to, a sounding board of sorts. But I would urge a bit of caution when doing so. There is a saying; a favor once done twice returned. Trust your gut its right more often then people believe.
galvon (142 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
ravenc.

Still its good to talk with people.

Even on med's.

Med's only take away some sort of pain.

Talking always reliefs your soul especialy when you talk with someone nuetral and non judgemental.

Someone who actuacly gives good advice and listens to your own opionion about the advice.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
That is why I like galvon. He goes out of his way to give good advice ❤
RavenC (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
[at] galvon:

Thank you for the offer, but I am currently working through my problems. I'm on meds for the bipolar and I've been taught to analyse situations before actually allowing my emotions to run rampant and make me feel awful over something that is easily fixed. I am so very grateful though that you'd take your time to listen and help someone you don't know. There are so few caring people like you left.

[at] pinkroses:
I'm not sure how to say this, but you've proved me not crazy. As awful as it is that you had to deal with something like that, I'm a little relieved to know that I'm not the only one. I really thought people would laugh at me about the demon looking like a monkey. It confused me as the entities I've seen before all looked relatively human.

Thanks again everybody for being so supportive and galvon, thanks again ^_^
pinkroses (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Hi RavenC. I haven't written on here in awhile, but often read the posts. I love this site. Anyway you caught my full attention when you mentioned about the green scaly monkey. Obviously a demon. That is why it tormented you with how bad you were and telling you to kill yourself. They love misery and hate God's children.

Anyway, I too saw a monkey looking demon a few years ago when I was at my parents home. It was about 5 feet tall, reddish brown hair with light tan skinned face. It's eyes were large empty dark sockets and it had a long sadlike mouth. It was walking towards me when I was in the kitchen at night by myself. I screamed and it just vanished. My sister saw the same exact thing on another oaccasion a few weeks later. Thought I'd let you know. Thanks for reading and keep being you. ❤
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Scary! 😨
I think the monkey fed on the negative energy coming from you, I guess. Because the more the monkey torments you the more he gets stronger.
On the lighter side, good thing you were able to get rid of those "rats".
galvon (142 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
i'd like you to email me raven.

Im actualy a helper of some sorts.

I help people with depressions suicidel thoughts any sort of problems.

In real life I also have diffrent diploma's to actualy step in if someone's life is in danger.

Some people even call me a gaurdian angel for my work.

My email is on my profile.

I wana talk with you and I think I can help you become stronger to.

To resist the pain.

And actualy ignore certian emotiones for a length of time.
RavenC (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for commenting on the event.

To most of you, hooray that you think Seether's a good band. Just a side note that my pictures were monitored anyway as I stated my mother is studying to be a priest. Hence the fact I had no Cradle or Dimmu or Disturbed pictures... But I do enjoy them ^_^

[at] galvon:

After the blessing, I never saw that thing again. And I'm glad. I'd like to point out though, that I wasn't the only target. All the women in the house were targeted, just in different ways. My sister with her dreams, my mother with hers. There seems to be a passing "gift" through the women in my family. We see/hear/smell/sense/taste things that in normality shouldn't be there. I had been told before that spiritual warfare is my forte, but I know for a fact I'm definitely not strong enough to battle evil entities. I've been seeing and hearing them from the age of 7. My mother senses. My grandmother sees and smells.

I personally don't agree that people can be attacked or targeted because they listen to "bad" music. I'm a musician myself and I know that if I don't agree with a song or don't like what it implies or sounds like, I just steer away. I listen to more than just metal. I really enjoy tori amos and bjork and, heck, I even enjoy OneRepublic... So I don't think it's anything to do with music. I think everybody can keep themselves safe by not associating music with behaviour and instead just enjoying it. Sorry, I think my grammar sucks at the moment.

I think it targeted me because I consider myself the weakest in the family. I am bipolar (recently discovered this >.<) and have suffered from depression and a serious lack of self-confidence. It's my opinion that he chose these weaker points to perhaps make a mark on my mind and possibly push me, yes, to suicide. I've often thought on the matter, and although I will never know the exact truth, these are the best explanations I could give myself and therefore give you.

[at] Rashidah:

I'm so sorry those dolls tormented you, but I'm so thrilled that the nightmares stopped when you burned them.

Everybody, thank you for being so strong and kind.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Im leaning on agreeing with BadJuuJuu on this one and say the "D" word. The way you described the young woman is quite frightning not sure what I would have done in that situation, I am glad that everything seems to be fine now you went the right way about it in the end I believe. Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Marco29 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Creepy story! The 'monkey thing' you're describing sounds like a demon that the natives here in South Africa call 'tokoloshe or tokkelossie'... You can google it if you need further info on it.
Anyway, God bless you!
DerEngelMetzger (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Seether is ok. Rammstein is better ❤ haha but I digress, that is scary. I HATE dolls especially the porcelain ones *shudders*. Did you by any chance have any suicidal tendencies/thoughts? Or partake in self-mutilation?
Trudy44 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Dear Raven,

Let me tell you something. If that thing or any other thing starts to tell you to kill yourself or that you are worthless tell that thing straight to it's face that it is a liar straight from the pits of hell. Let me tell you something dear Raven, God himself loves you so much that he sings over you. Check out a verse from the Old Testament. Zephaniah 3:17, also from the New Testament Romans 8:37-39. You can also use those verses as weapons against those things. Just say the verses out loud. 😊 ❤ 😊
katm72 (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
I agree with the others that Seether is a pretty good band.
As far as scary evil things, I have never experienced anything like a green scaly monkey. Monkeys can be scary anyway. My nephew was terrified of the monkey that I am sure you all have heard of or seen, I think it is the Bongo Monkey. It smashes the cymbals together & makes some crazy chattering with it's mouth. Anyway, when I still lived with my parents, my sister & nephew came to live with them for a while. I don't know who bought this horrible toy, it would always start up in the middle of the night which made my nephew more terrified. Not to mention every single TV that my parents owned would come on in the middle of the night blaring loud & change channels really fast.
The story of the blond girl with the blood on wrists & head was probably brutally murdered or committed suicide, who knows. It does sound demonic, so it sounds like you are taking the right steps. I am pretty sure that it wasn't caused by the Seether poster. It was funny what Cosmogal926 said about Disturbed. They are my husbands favorite bands & they look pretty disturbed. They don't sound too bad though. I really don't want to offend anyone. 😆
galvon (142 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
good story.

Have you ever seen this monkey thing again?>

If so I wana know why it was only targeting you.

Perhaps cause of the dark music and the secrets you kept that he knew off.

And tried to push you?.

And yeh I like seether disturbed that stuff

Rock metal fan and I mostly wear black to and I'm goth XD.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Very interesting story, and thank you for sharing it with us. I can't imagine what could have caused this demon-like creature to torment you like that every night. I'm glad you were able to find people to help, and that the blessing worked. I hope you never have to experience anything like that again.
On a side note: I love Seether. Good thing you didn't have a poster of Disturbed on your wall. Those red eyed demon warriors wouldn't have went over too well. LOL 😊 😉
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
PoppyXred
Are you trying to be funny? Wow let me laugh along with you
PoppyXred (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
im scared... I'm burning all my dolls now please do not watch evil doll films
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
When my sister and I was around six and four years old our parents gave us cabbage patch dolls to play with.
Everything was fun until we started getting nightmares about the dolls hurting us. In some of the nightmares the dolls were choking us. Sometimes we will wake up screaming.
We will place the dolls in one position in the room and when we came back we will find them in another position in the room we did not remember previously placing them in.
My father got fed up of all the complaining we gave him about the dolls and he burnt them.
After that we never had the nightmares after that.

That is my experience with those types of dolls.

Great story thanks for sharing ❤
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
seether nice

Geesh what make them think these things one anger song or metal and its evil

Lol luckily you didn't have a slipknot poster or whitechapel lol I would have loved to seen their reaction to that

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: