You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Cowgirl Come Back

Real Ghost Stories

Cowgirl Come Back

 

This isn't really my story to tell... But since my mother is no longer here to tell it... I will.

I was probably 6 or 7 when this happened to my mom and I have a feeling it actually means something pretty important. I faintly remember sleeping in my mom's room the night before this happened. One morning my mom woke up and she heard crying... At first she thought it was me... So she said, "Alex, baby what's wrong?" And all I said was, "What are you talking about mommy." Then I heard the crying too... I was like "Who's crying?" And my mom said, "I thought that it was you. Are you okay?" "It isn't me... I'm perfectly fine!" Then mom looked up and I looked up as well and we both swore that we saw a little cowgirl.

My mom was kind of weirded out and said "Little girl what's wrong?" The cowgirl had a soft voice that said "I...lost... Dolly." I then said, "Whose dolly?" And she said, "Dolly is my best friend... She is a doll." I said "Oh, I have dolls... Maybe you left her in my room." The girls said, "Oh no... I never leave Dolly anywhere."

We went to check my room and there was no Dolly. So we looked around the house and the little girl still never found her dolly... We went back to my mom's room and she sat back down on the dresser again and cried saying "I will never find Dolly..." Then she slowly faded away.

What could that mean?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 1994ghostgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
You know what I would say to that lil' cowgirl? >"When we lose things they usually turn up in the last place we look! You should go look into the light." lol. But you know? Then maybe when she goes to look in the light she will move on & realize she never needed Dolly when she left this earth. When we die we don't take earthly belongings with us, so if someone doesn't know their dead they may be stuck here looking for it. It may sound like you're tricking her, which yeah you are, but it's the most blessed trick you could play. Right? ❤

~LSD~
jazzi001 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
there is a ghost in the room I think. She is struck in your home
thescaredone (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Sounds to me like she is very confused on where she is. Maybe she passed to the afterlife unexpectedly? There has to be more to this story.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Finding Dolly could be the reason why the girl is no longer here on earth. In my opinion, she is stuck here and she still doesn't know that she is already dead and finding Dolly is her key to passing through the other side. Poor soul.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Sounds like she feels she is stuck on this plane until she can find the item she lost. As this was a one-time event, perhaps she found a way to move on.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: