You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mysterious Screaming Girl And Laughing Man

Real Ghost Stories

Mysterious Screaming Girl And Laughing Man

 

My fiance and I were living in Burnsville when we thought we found a deal of a lifetime for the cutest little house in the downtown area of Prior Lake. Built in the year 1919, it was all newly remodeled with new everything! I fell in love when I first stepped foot in the door but my fiance on the other hand was having second thoughts. With begging and pleading we started moving our things in that first of April 2008. We then had our son that fallowing December. He was asleep in the next room while I was awake waiting up for my fiance to get home from working the late shift when I heard this old man laughing in the baby monitor. I didn't think much of it but I did bring my son in my room and locked the door but mainly thought it was probably just interference until a couple days later when my fiance experienced the same thing. We knew something was a little off about the house then.

Mysterious Screaming Girl And Laughing Man 1

Mysterious Screaming Girl And Laughing Man 2

Not too long after that we had another experience that was unexplainable. Lying in our bed around 12:30 about to fall asleep, my fiance and I hear what we thought was the next door neighbor girl giggling. We both looked at the clock noticing it was very late and a school night. There was no possible way she would be outside playing and laughing so loud that we could hear it through our closed windows. Rethinking our housing decision and waiting for the next bizarre thing to happen, we didn't get much sleep that night.

I started getting really bad anxiety and really bad feelings when I would enter certain rooms. The basement was the worse, in one of the corners where we had a bar set up. We moved the bar to see if we could find a trace of anything out of the ordinary. We found nothing. Until that night when we walked outside to go to the store and we could see an old fire heater stove pipe that led from the ground to the roof of the house in that very same corner of the basement but the rest of it was most likely covered by the new sheet rock that was put in. We thought maybe the little girl and old man had something to do with that stove, that maybe she was murdered by him and her body was burned. But we really didn't have a clue, but we did know that getting out of that house was the best thing for us.

It was moving day that next April and I stayed behind to clean while my fiance was unpacking at the new place. It was the last night I was there and I was taking pictures of my clean house around 10:30. It was just me and my four month old son in that empty, very haunted house. I just got done taking my pictures when I went up the stairs to use the bathroom leaving my sleeping child downstairs by the front door; when I heard a whimpering cry that started out so soft and sad but then kept getting louder and louder to an ear piercing scream. I ran down the stairs to find my son still sleeping. I felt my face turn white and anxiety rise to a panic. I grabbed him, got on the phone immediately with my friend just in case something where to happen and ran leaving all the lights on and doors unlocked. I was so terrified that I couldn't even get the story out to my friend until the house was out of sight. I still think to this day that that little girl knew it was going to be my last time in the house meaning it was her last time to cry for help for a long time since the house is still sitting vacant today.

A couple weeks later I was going through the pictures that I took that night to see if anything was weird about any of them when I found the most bizarre, craziest thing. In the reflection of the dining room window in the glass door I see a little girl. Ghost white, smiling-clear as day! Crying, I called everyone I knew needing to talk to someone. My mom was very interested and had me send her the picture to her email. The next day she calls me and tells me that she had found a man in the top window panel standing above the little girl, wearing a top hat and a grin. I took a look and sure enough I could see him too.

The picture and memories sat in the computer for months until last night when my mom and I decided to pull the picture up again out of boredom. Looking at different angles and contrasts we discovered three other men and a baby and that was what triggered me to finally write about it.

I want to find out more information on that residence and the people that have lived there for the past ninety years or so. If you have any suggestions on how I can get that kind of information please contact me at lookatthatlady[at]yahoo.com it would be very much appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lynzjay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Grimoires (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-17)
Greetings, I have found the following web sites to assist anyone in researching the history of homes and properties.

Local Historical Societies, Friendly Talkative Neighbors, and County Courthouse/Clerks Offices tend to be the most rewarding of sources for me. Best Wishes.

Http://www.diedinhouse.com/ (They charge for the search though. But saves time and energy)
Http://m.wikihow.com/Research-the-History-of-Your-House
Http://www.ipl.org/div/pf/entry/76687
missykat52 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
I can't exactly see the faces in the pictures. But I'm definetly glad you got to get out of that eventful filled house. Espically with your new born baby. Best of luck to you, your husband, and your son!
TheGirlInWhite (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
Wow, that sounds terrifying! So glad you moved out. If this is too forward to ask do say, but when your fiancee had second thoughts did he tell you why? Maybe he felt a presence there before you moved in? Well it's a little late but just wondering.

I'm not a profession here, but I just wondered, if you wanted to find out more about the 2 ghosts, you could get a medium to talk to them, as you mentioned maybe the little girl was screaming for help, and a medium talking to her could settle her down.

Also is there anyone living there presently? If so you could ask if they are experiencing the same thing or similar.
Believer4Sure (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
hi, I would love for you to send me the pics you took. I would love to help you out. My email is BeAsTiE1o1 [at] rocketmail.com

its a good thing you moved out because you don't know when they could take over. 😊 god bless
Azara_Death (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
I have a Facebook, What's your name so I can look at the pictures? 😁
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Lynzjay,

Is there any way to can send a picture for me to view and what is the address? I want to have my hubby and I drive by and see the house. Is it all board up or demolished.

I'm glad you moved out ASAP! Some people my think it's not real but I believe you.

Thanks,

Aherr
Herrfamily [at] live.com 😊
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
lynzjay:

it must have been a terrible experience for you, but still I would like to say its "super cool"...and the pics would be cooler...

P.S.

Glad your out of that house now, especially because you had a little kid.

--godspeed--
lynzjay (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
if you have a facebook the pictures are on there under my wall photos. There's the original and the edited one where I squared the faces so you know where to look. They both have white faces. The girl is located on the bottom and the man on top. Put my email in search to find me lookatthatlady [at] yahoo.com
louie (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
You can put your photos on Facebook then everyone can see them 😆
lynzjay (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
I sent the request to put my pictures on so you can all see them. I'm going to check out the county library to see what I can find. If I find anything interesting I will post it. Thanks for your comments guys! All greatly appreciated!
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
That sounds like a very creepy story and sometime I have spooky experiences where I see a young girl standing far away, but when I look at it for the second time, she usually disappears. I have encountered this 4 or 5 times now this year. Although the old man sounds mysterious and I am sure that you are right saying that he may have murdered her.

Princess123 x ❤
JimD (431 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
This sounds demonic. Therefore, I do suggest Catholic Holy water and the names of Jesus, Mary, and St. Michael the Aechangel. Tell tale signs of demons are fear and chaos, along with psychological head games. It's all present. Good luck. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
Azara_Death (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
Hey, I was wondering if you could email me those pictures... I'm in love with ghost pictures and writing a report on 'How ghosts are real' and it would help me a lot.

Thanks,
Avi. ❤
Arc-en-Ciel (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Hai,
Thank you for sharing! Such an interesting story =)
Although this little girl seems to be in pain, you did right by moving in another house.
Do you think you can upload those pics? That would be awesome:D

Take care ❤
AHMEDMINDFREAK (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Hi lynzjay,

Do you think you could upload those pictures you took of the house on to your profile or on to this story? 😐
Harry (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
After reading through your experience in that house I believe these spirits did not intend any harm to you & your family but for sure wanted you to know they are there. Neither did they intend to force you to leave the house it looks like. As far as the thought of the girl being killed and burnt - I don't think that happened else the spirit of the girl would not be giggling... Give it a thought! Nevertheless you made a wise decision by leaving the house as one never knows when these spirits take control. I would not like to see the picture as I have experienced and seen spirits myself so I know what you felt by seeing the photos. Hope you and your family are doing well now! Tc
radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
This is a very disturbing story. It would be great if you could post the picture here, or post it to a picture-sharing site and reply back here with a link.

I get the feeling that there is something unsavory about the interaction between the little girl and the man with the hat, be it a haunting of past residents or something more spiritually abhorrent as ZiShu suggests. I pray there is some resolution to the situation.

I have read about the hat connection before on the web.
Http://www.monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Shadow_people
Wheeler51106 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Wow! I'm going to look into the area for you and see if I can find out something about that area or perhaps the house itself. I live in Dresser, WI, so I'm not too far from where that house is located. I'm very interested in seeing the picture that you took as well. If you could send it to me that would be great! My email is wheeler51106 [at] yahoo.com
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
I sure believe you dear. They must be attached to the house or to the land itself. Is it okay if you could send me the picture? Here is my email address <blue_raven80 [at] yahoo.com>.

God Bless.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
I believed your tale up to the picture part. I have never seen a true ghost picture in my life. The ones I have seen are like a Rorschach, in other words, like clouds that you can dream are anything, based on vague shapes, solidified in the imagination. Most ghost pics are either like that, or are out and out fakes. It has been like this ever since the camera was invented. But in the old days, people were less techno-saavy and a bit more credulous, dare I say. Oh maybe I take that back: there are many people that will see a ghost in smoke clouds these days and orbs made from dust and light. My theory is this: that ghosts are not usually found on film (or digital), because they are seen (and heard) with INNER SENSES.
Anyway, the obvious question is this: If you indeed have such a true-ghostly photo, why not BRING IT ON, and post it right here with your story? You gave us no explanation as to why you failed to post such an amazing photo, and therefore, my suspicions are raised. Sorry, but this is my honest reaction. But your story was very well written and thank you for sharing it.
nunnghost (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
What a creepy story. I've just GOT to see that picture myself PLEEEEAAAASE e-mail it to me.

Daniellenunn [at] yahoo.com
xCreepyGirlx (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
I'd really like to see the picture if you wouldn't mind posting it
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
I'm with Miracles on this. What does the hat signify? I've never heard of a connection between demonic energy and any article of clothing, and I'm always happy to learn something new.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Hello!

What a scary story!
You are brave! I can't handle staff like that! A least anymore!
Please email me the pic! I would try to help you out as much as I can!
Thank you... Looney1185 [at] yahoo.com

Hope everything is well!
God bless!

Neivy
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
ZiShu - please don't be offended by my question; you just said something I've never heard before. What significance does the man wearing a hat have?
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
hey there' what a creepy experience... It seems to me that the man is actually an demonic being holding the little agaiinst her will
They do that... Especially since you mentioned the man is wearinng a hat
Email the picture please, I may be able to help
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Great story but very scary! I wish you would post the picture! Definitely more than one entity in the house and I'm glad you got out! Thanks for sharing. PS... Has anything else happened to you and your family since you moved out?
szarate (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
The spirits use reflection to show themselves to others and will not allow you to see them directly if they don't want it. Some of them come when you are in the middle of the dreaming state and awake state when they feel you will be able to hear them. Try to ask what they want. Be prepared.
Wishes2810 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Interesting story! Could you send me the picture too, my mum is a medium and may be able to help.
Froggy-world (at) hotmail.com ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Check with the county courthouse. They should have information on previous owners, names and such. Get any information from the courthouse that is public record. Then head to the local library and start cross-referencing the names and dates from the courthouse to any newspaper articles the library would have on file. This will be time-consuming, but could pay off in the long run.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: