You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Does It Want Anything From Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Does It Want Anything From Me?

 

I'd like to tell you a few of my stories, as they are all kind of short.

My very first experience happened when I was around eleven years old. My parents are divorced, and I was at my dad's for the weekend, he lived in a cottage at the time. This cottage was a bigger than normal, it had two floors but the rooms were very small, and we had four gardens, and we owned a part of the woods behind. This is in Matlock, Derbyshire, England.

Moreover, I was getting ready for bed that Saturday night. The weather outside caused me to look out of the window (I'm not entirely sure whether it was snowing or it was heavy rain) but as I looked out, I heard footsteps behind me. I turned round, but to see nothing there. Before I could even grasp the moment, my books and things off my shelves were what seemed like, picked up, and thrown at me in one huge mass. I was terrified, as there was absolutely nothing there, not even an outline of a figure. Heart thumping, I ran downstairs to get my Dad.

I told Dad what happened, and he went upstairs. I followed him, curious to see if anything would happen again. We got to my room, and we could see that my poster above my bed had become unattached at the bottom two corners (the top two were still attached) and it was actually floating, but if I'm honest, it really seemed as if someone was slowly lifting it up and down. We moved shortly after.

The cottage was obviously old, so if anyone is interested in doing any research of it or anything like that, it is the White Tor Cottage, Matlock, Derbyshire. If you find anything out, I really would like to know.

After that, only small things happened. I'd often hear strange things, but I once heard a very clear "Eleanor" and an "Ellie" but the "Ellie" was kind of extended. For example "Ellieeeeeeeeeeeeee". The tone of voice was kind of jokey, but I felt scared and uneasy. This went on occasionally, but not often, up to this date.

Another experience is actually seeing something. I went to the bathroom to clean my teeth, and when I turned the light off, I saw a girl stood in front of me. She was smiling, but it was kind of freaky. She had goldie, dark blonde hair, or very light brown hair. She had a white dress, and before I knew it, she vanished. This was at my mother's.

Furthermore, this happened very recently. I happen to have a guitar, which I place at the end of my room. I walked into my room, and as I turned the light on, I heard what sounded like a finger pulling every string. This was also at my mother's.

I'm always getting the feeling that I am being watched... In fact, I have got so used to this feeling; I don't find it unsettling anymore. It feels normal to me!

In conclusion, I believe that I may have someone with me 24/7 as all the experiences have happened in separate places. At the very moment, I'm not scared of these happenings, I'm not afraid for whatever happens next, I'm just scared they may get worse!

However, I would appreciate your opinions. Am I crazy, or is there actually something? Is it a ghost? If so what type, and do you have any information on it? Is it evil? Etc...

Some other information about me you may need to know, my dad had quite a lot of experiences at my age, and I've had mine since the age of eleven, up until now, fifteen. Not sure if they will carry on, but then again, the guitar incident happened two weeks ago. I'm deaf, and the physical and visual happenings happened whilst I had my aids out, so I couldn't hear anything. The 'ellieee' or 'Eleanor' and the guitar happened when they were in.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Other hauntings by eleanoranne

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eleanoranne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

eleanoranne (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-14)
Thank you for all the help! Sorry I haven't been able to reply sooner, I have been busy. I will take on your advice and let you all know how it goes:) if it gets worse I will post another story. However, if it gets better, and you hear no more stories from me, I guess you can understand and take a hint it is all good.:) Thank you again, it is much appreciated!
God bless.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
Eleanor I hope everything is alright with you and the entity Hon. Just checking to see if you found out what the entity wanted.
ScaredOfGhosts (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
I don't think that it is evil, considering the fact she smiled at you and that most of the things she does is harmless. 😊
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-04)
Hi;

I don't think you're crazy, but I do see this as clearly demonic. Dark shadows, magical whispering, night time scratching, poundings, and other parlor tricks are the beginnings of demonic infestations.

This demon, unlike many others, did not begin as a friendly "spirit guide", and then turn violent. This demon mostly revealed its horrid nature from the beginning.

I strongly counsel Catholic Holy water, to be used especially at night. The Rosary and the sacraments also help a lot. If in fear, say either verbally or mentally "Jesus, Mary and St. Michael the Archangel". It will help. Keep me posted. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Eleanor; and Nessie: it is... Common for lack of a better word. For teens, primarly thoughs going through puberty to be affected by such occurences. Steriotypically females get it worse then males. Why I don't know. Somthing about ya'll being more receptive to emotions; real or "paranormal", then boys. Don't fret over it to much, I agree that by engaging the entity you may alleviate some of what is happening. But you may open a door you don't want to; by that I mean you may be setting your self to become more receptive to such happenings. There are things you can do to train your mind to shut things out. (I personally advise against it) or you can activly engage such abilities. The third option is to do neither and hope you out grow it. It may only be a "here&now" thing.
nessie (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
at your age... 15... Mine too "14" ghosts are most likely to follow us, I'm guesssing from your name your a female.us female teens are what really attract ghosts, I don't know why but its true. I have a young "friend" who has been with me since about 5 or 6. She "emmaliegh - anne" has followed me when I moved or when I have been out and about, I too, got used to it and don't get scared anymore.

It doesn't sound evil just attention seeking like kardagen said. Just give her a chance like I did and you may find it will all die down, also as you grow older it may die down to... 😆 I know it may be hard but try to welcome her and not push her away
eleanoranne (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
She did though, but never since. Next time I see her or something like the guitar happens, I'll try saying hello, what's wrong, etc and see if I get a response somehow:)
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
Honey I think that if you talk regularly with her you will find out why she is stuck on this plain. When a ghost makes contact with you, most likely it wants help.
If she wanted to hurt you she would of done it along time ago.
eleanoranne (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
That's very reassuring, thank you:) I just wonder if I could help somehow.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
Honey it sounds like if this ghost is lonely and wants your attention. She does not seem evil to me.
There is nothing to be uncomfortable about ❤
eleanoranne (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
Yes I have. I don't know what else to do. It looks like I'm going to have to live it it:/
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
I wouldn't say its evil, being afraid from physical "attack" is perfectly logical. If the fear is "irrational" meaning your affraid for no particuler reason. I would give cred to it being evil. I'm assuming you've done the whole asking it to leave you alone?
eleanoranne (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
I feel scared when it is physical, like when it threw the books and things at me, I was terrified. However, everything else used to be scary, but they happen so often I have got used to them.
:\ it's evil? Do you have any suggestions on what I could do now?
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
Eleanor: to your question of "is it evil" the general rule of thumb for me. (not allways but most the time) is evil entities have a very negative, surpresive aura to them. Have you ever felt threatened? You say your not scared. Have you taught your self not to be? Its very likly it may just be trying to get your attention.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: