You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Bedtime Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Bedtime Visitor

 

About a year ago, my husband and I were getting ready for bed and after we turned off the lights, I just had the strangest feeling someone was watching me from the doorway. I tried to shake it off but just could not. I stayed awake for about a half hour or so and as soon as I finally closed my eyes I could feel the covers become very snug from my neck to my feet like someone was lying on me. I tried to move but could not; I tried to speak but could not get anything to come out. Also before that night I could just feel a presence in our house.

Lately it feels a little better and I don't feel like someone is watching over me as often. I have always been somewhat of a believer in the paranormal and after that happened I really believe. I have also had two dreams of my Granny. The first one was that she appeared to me and just said "I wondered where you went" then she turned into a dove and disappeared. This happened right after she passed and I moved to NC from VA. The second dream I had about a year later was a long discussion with her and she told me she was in heaven and with my grandpa and was very happy. Every question I asked her she answered and just like the first dream she turned into a dove and disappeared.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, howie9935, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Brianna_Patrica (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Were you close with your grandmother? If so, she probably missed you and God gave her the power to come and visit you. Was she a very religous woman? If also so, she would want you to be. Were you not praying or not religous or something like that? Because my grandmother said that when she died, she would only haunt someone if they deserved it. That might be. So before this exsperience, you were probablly sinning alot, and she taught you a lesson. Sorry if I'm offending you.
david181920 (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
I think these events are unrelated. Your dreams of your grandmother turning into a dove probably signifies her peace in the spirit world. A dream of a butterfly for example signifies a fundamental positive change in that persons soul. The night attack situation (sleep parylisis) however is the polar opposite, such a situation could really only be caused by a demon. (Yes I realise how crazy this sounds) this situation could also be caused by a medical disorder in which in layman terms is caused when the brain wakes up before the body and causes mental distress and hallucinations while the body is left parylised. However since you have not mentioned this and the condition is prevalent from a young age and is usually "grown out" After puberty. This would probably be something that you need to investigate. As I myself have had a similiar experiance which turned out to be demonic. I would recommend that you contact a demonologist. Untill then fling holy water around the house and pray to michael the Archangel for help.
ohioghosthunterandresearcher (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
i honestly do not think you are being haunted. You probly are indeed gettin watched by your grandmother. The feeling you had are proply made from your grandmother indeed. I do not think she is trying to hurt you or anything just maybe when she was laying on you she was trying to hug you... You might just me thinking it all. It is perfectly normal for you to make yourself feel a certain way. 😳
nessie (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
the paralsys I have experienced to, I woke up from a dream were someone was tugging at my skirt but therre was no one there, when I woke I tried to move but was coompletly useless like my mind was not tellin me what to do. Then for the next month or two I kept waking up at excatly 3.33am I didn't know what was with that time. So I totally understand how freaky it is, and ith your granmother she is definatly telling you she is okay and when she turn into a dove, she is either a very peaceful, and friendly lady or is tellin you she is definatly at peace now... She must love you very much because you are the one she visited
Hannahh (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
I've actually had the same experience! It happened to me on quite a few occasions, your like awake but you can't do anything!
It freaks me out so much!
Torabell (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
Well I am sure about your grandmom since dreams are the land of truth. You can't be lied to there. You can be decieved but lies can't be spoken. Thats why you have to think before you act on a dream. But the dream paralysis worries me. Then again I am young here so I may be off.

With love and hope for you
Torabell
lottiexxx (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
i think you gran is trying to comfort you
And make you fell happy so don't be scared or worried just make it last why it can:)

Lottiexxx

: (:):
galvon (142 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
i agree with sherrie.

And ill tell alil about my own experience with a death relative.

My brother died when I was only 12 due to blood poisening.

I saw him die with my own eyes in the hostpidal after I petted his head.

As if he was waiting for us.

I was devasted by it and a year later I saw two beautifull dancing lights outside.

And than I saw my brother before me.

And he told me I should forgive myself and that it was never my fault that the fights took place etc.

That he was sick that he had something with his brains.

I felt so reliefed when he told me all that.

And that he also forgived me for evrey mean word I ever said to him,
sherrie8929 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
To see a dove in your dream signifies harmony and peace. I truly believe it is possible for our lost loved ones to visit us in our dreams. I would say your Granny was trying to let you know she is okay and happy there, especially if you have been deeply affected by her death.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: