You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Is My Twin Sister Visiting Us? If She Is, Why?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Twin Sister Visiting Us? If She Is, Why?

 

I have been experiencing some strange things, moreover, my husband and neighbors have been seeing a supposed apparition. At first I thought they were maybe playing a rude prank on me, but my husband and I have now been hearing voices as well.

I had a twin sister named Kiyomi, but she died a year ago of an untreated fever that reached 109 degrees. One night, my husband shook me up asking me why I was up so late and asked me if I was alright. I was confused, and he told me that he had woken up and gone to the bathroom, and when he left the bathroom he thought he had seen me in the hallway hanging my head before returning to the bedroom. I had been asleep the whole night.

Only a few days later, we went out to see a movie. No one was staying with us at the time, but when we returned our neighbor claimed that she had seen me in the bedroom window staring out, saying that I stood there for nearly 10 minutes watching her. Naturally we weren't home.

As I said earlier; I thought that this was a rude prank because I had not seen anything out of the ordinary, but the other night we got a call from my brother back from my hometown of Osaka announcing the fact that he had proposed to his girlfriend. When we were done on the phone, my husband and I heard a female voice say "He is lucky." I heard the same voice a day later. I was home alone taking a nap, and one of our cats knocked something over and startled me awake. Before I could get far, I heard someone say "Go back to sleep, you need it."

I then started to believe the possibility that my husband and the neighbors had seen an apparition. Since they claimed it looked much like me, I believe it very likely to be Kiyomi. However, I am still not entirely sure and to be honest, I'm a little unnerved; why would she be haunting us?

I'm also still contemplating the possibility that we're all just nuts, but I do believe in spirits so I consider that an equal possibility.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HaruSawa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Alexis231 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
I think she might want to visit you before she goes off to a better place. This happened to me but with my dad he would come in my room and tell me to get sleep and he would come over and kiss me
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
Sounds to me, not necessarily haunting, more watching over.
Brianna_Patrica (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Your sister misses you! I remember my Grandmother, may she rest in peace, telling me about how my Grandfather would sometimes visit her. Don't try and get rid of her. Accept her. You'll learn to live with it. I sure did with my other house when I was seven, but, if I didn't move, I wouldn't be here today. The demons would have killed me. Just make sure she's not a demon pretending to be her.
LittleSpirit (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
If you ask me, it's possible that it is your nee-chan. She might be saying good-bye, or is having trouble finding peace.
6thsense (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
I would say it was your sister's spirit, apparently she's not haunting you, maybe there was supposed to be an occasion related to her, or maybe you haven't visitid her in the cementery for a while now... Theres also some spirits that liked to imitate someone, specially childrens who already passed away. As long as it does not harm you I believe she is you sister 😁
ScaredOfGhosts (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
Creepy... If it is indeed your sister, you could try talking to her again (it is possible that she will stay for a while) and tell her that she could rest 😁 😁 😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
HaruSawa: A doppleganger is a spirit that will take imitate a living person... They look very similar, dress similarly and attempt to speak similarly... I say attempt, because, even though they appear to match the person, there is no way they can imitate that person exactly, and there will always be SOMETHING about them they can't get exactly right... Could be anything from their mannerisms, to the personality, to something as subtle as eye color...

Does your sister or you wear kimonos on a regular basis?...And the floral gown, is that something your sister would normally be seen in?...I'm thinking it's the same thing the neighbors saw her in, it's just our American minds are set to certain stereotypical forms, when trying to describe stuff! πŸ˜†...

I don't think your own doppleganger would talk to you... They are very deceptive creatures, and like to fool OTHER people into thinking they are you... I think if you can find a priest (don't know if that's the right term! πŸ˜†) from your religion to help you in getting her to cross over, you'll feel a lot better, and so will she...

After all, we only want what's best for them!...Please keep us posted ❀
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
Doppelgangers are sort of tough to describe, but here's the gist of it. Doppelgangers are a spiritual entity that take on the appearance, voice, and mannerisms of a living person. It is very difficult to differientiate the doppelganger from the person they are impersonationg. Hopefully someone more knowledgable on the subject can give you better definition.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
Hmmm...In my opinion, your sister might be staying with you for a while. She might haev some unfinish business or she just wants to be with you still. Just a suggestion, why not talk to her in case that you will hear her voice again.

❀
Minaj95 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
Your Not nuts I have experienced things myself from my baby sister that died I am 14 now but when she died I was only 11 my mom thinks I am completly crazy when I tell her that I see her. Of course I would understand why she thinks that because she was still born when she died. But I picture her as grown up each time I see her she looks to be a year older than the last time I saw her 😳
HaruSawa (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
Apologies for the late response.

I haven't read all the comments yet, just the most recent, but when I have free time I will read some more and respond.

To zzsgranny regarding the clothing; I asked the neighbours and they say that she was wearing an "Oriental dress," a vague description; but my guess, figuring in where I come from and the fact that I have handmade several for the local Nihonmatsuri, it would have been a Kimono. My husband says she was wearing a floral gown.

I am not sure what people mean when they say "Doppleganger." I have not heard the use of this word before, if someone could define it for me, that would be appreciated.

I have actually spoken to her briefly since this post, I heard her voice say "Where am I?" and I responded simply telling here she's with Kato & I in the US and then I heard "I need to find my way home." I tried saying more, but never got another response.

A lot of the comments mention that she is watching over me and I can believe that, I can understand as well, but I want to see her spirit at rest. I belief in the ancient religion of our people (Shinto) and it may be dying out and to be fair, I don't take what I am about to say massively serious, but because it is a part of my belief it is a reason why I wish to see her spirit at rest.

Most 'spirits' take the form of creatures (I'm sure someone here has heard the term "Yokai") that often contain unique powers, and while not evil, to become animate they take the spirits of humans lost on Earth. Once again, I don't take that so literally, but it is a matter of belief and spirituality that it would make me happier to see her at rest.

I will read some more comments later and see if there is any other questions I can answer, and if anything someone has suggested can help.
zoeee15 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
From what I gathered, if it is your twin sister she is trying to look after you, see the world from your eyes and show you she cares.
Maybe go to her grave and tell her you'll be okay and that she should rest.
I might sound a little bit silly, but it might help.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
HaruSawa: I have always been intrigued by the connection between twins... Even though they grow and develop into individuals, at conception, they were THE same person...

What I find interesting is that you haven't seen her yet...I'm sure it's just a matter of time though...

Have the others who have seen her describe her clothing?...Maybe that could give you a clue as to whether it's her or a doppleganger... From what I understand of dopplegangers, they will imitate not only the person, but their attire as well... If this apparition is dressed in something that you associate with your sister, then it's likely to be her...

❀
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
EyesWideOpen: I have heard and read about some of the things you have mentioned I have read in the bible saying that "the dead where concious of nothing" I have also heard that it was only spirits that work with satan that take on a form of someone who has passed on for what reason I am not too sure. I don't particularly believe this, but I wouldn't mind hearing from someone why they would do this?πŸ˜•

Thank you

Dan
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
kamui,

I've been making a study of supposedly "ghost stories." I was raised Christian. I am familiar with stories about dopplegangers which is a little suspicious, and I have discovered the deceased's ghost doesn't and can't return from the grave until the ressurection.

I found more than a few scriptures in the Bible that make it clear that the dead go to a place of confinement until the ressurection.

Are you familiar with that old movie titled "Body Snatchers?" I've read stories about some living people's dopplegangers coming and going to towns pretending to be this other real person, and even doing business transactions, not just for a day, but for several weeks. The town's people recognized and greeted the doppleganger on a regular basis..., believing it was the real person.

This real person arrived in some town over seas, and all these strangers greeted him, and calling him by his actual name. This man was a little confused, then talked with another vendor that seemed to know him, only this was the first time they ever met. The stranger suggested it must have been his doppleganger visiting before.

There was another incident that was even more strange. A young woman was a teacher, and teaching in the classroom, when someone else at the school spotted her working outside in the flower garden, while she was upstairs teaching class.

I have a question. Are these dopplegangers practicing our mannerisms, habits, beliefs, and so on..., with the intention of replacing us at some future date? These perfect "copies" of us could conceivably commit all kinds of crimes, even in public places, fearing nothing.

There have been sightings of dopplegangers for hundreds of years. The author Samuel Clemens otherwise known as Mark Twain reported his sighting of a doppleganger that was a perfect copy of a woman that had not yet arrived at some social event. When the real person arrived she was even wearing the same clothes the doppleganger was wearing.

What if the President of the USA had a doppleganger appear and cause an international incident (really big trouble).

What do you think? How would you know if you were visited by someone's doppleganger?

We have all heard stories about being visited by a "ghost." How can you tell the difference between a doppleganger and a "ghost" of a deceased loved one. I'll tell you, these are spirits aimed at misleading mankind.

I believe that trying to make distinctions between one kind of being and another is kind of a wasted effort. There is no way we will ever be able to consistently identify spirits. And even if we could, we can't put them in jail, fine them or cite them for one sort of trouble or another.

So much for my two cents. 😐
caracooldevil (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
my dads friend was killed in a car accident and we hear him every year on the day it happened- trying to say bye, πŸ˜• probaly the same 4 u? Hopfully youll find out soon-great story! 😊 πŸ˜‰
ohioghosthunterandresearcher (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
it does sound as if your sister is haunting you. It is probly because she misses youor because she never got the proper goodbye she wanted. I do not think she is trying to scare you. She probly just wants your attention. She might also be trying to talk with you. Maybe you should get a tape recorder and record what goes on in your house on a normal day. Goodluck to you 😳
nessie (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
kiyomi may well be hauntin you but not iin the way you think. She could just be watchin you, people do say your twin is always with you even after death, so maybe kiyomi has decided to stay with you until you meet again.
Another possiblity is she is tryin to warn you aout something. If you at a stressful time in your life your sister may be tryin to warn you to calm down... "go back to sleep, you need it" ay also show this. Your sister may be worried about you try to tell her your okay. Also if you really need to know I suggest a medium... But remember not all mediums are truthful, some are scammers...
Try to tell your sister to pass over and you will be okay without her, and maybe try to contact her some how...
spiritual_twinkie (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
It was a spooky one. If a loved one dies, we do feel really bad. Maybe your sister's soul is trying to say something to you. Meditate surrounded by white lights maybe you can talk to her and solve the problem. I even some times see my grandma in my dream, she passed away 4 years back. 😊
Torabell (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
I honestly don't think she is haunting you. She probably just wants to look out for you. Besides not all ghosts need to have a bad motive. Most do but maybe your sister just loves you and wants to make sure your ok. πŸ˜• Sorry I'm not sure but I want to believe that even dead we will still care about our families.
Violet_Sidhe (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
I have a twin sister, as well. If I die before her I would very likely watch over her for a while and I think she would do the same.
What you wrote she said sounds like she has probably realized how frail people are (after dying of a fever) and is just concerned for you. Maybe trying tell her next time you here her that you're doing fine and will see her again when you too pass on.
She sounds like she was a very nice girl!
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
I believe its your twin and she just wants to be around you. I know she loves you and misses you so it just makes her happy to be around you. I wouldn't say she's haunting you, more like looking after you. Making sure your ok... Sorry about your sister. My friends twin passed away when they was babies. Sorry for you and your families lost again. If its freaking you out just let her know you love and miss her but she needs to go home to heaven and wait for you there. And let her know she's always in her heart... God bless
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
I definitely believe that this is your sister and I think she is still watching over you. I would suggest to speak to your sister... Even if you don't see her spirit. Talk to her as if she is there. Ask her what she is doing here. Ask her if she is with your other loved ones who have passed, and you may find that she will no longer come around.

I believe differently than other people. I don't think that once a person "goes into the light" that they are forever gone from our lives. My mother pops in every once in awhile to check on me and I know that she has crossed over.

If I were you I would feel comforted in knowing that she still pops in every once in awhile. Like I said, talk to her. Just because our loved ones are gone, doesn't mean that they are not present. The spirit lives on forever.

Good luck.
earthshine86 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
I would think that due to the "ghostly" symptoms of this account (apparitions, noises, voices) particularly the part about her hanging her head in the hallway, would indicate that she is a ghost and not a spirit, and has not yet gone into the light.
I do feel sad for your sister... It is typically not in their best interest to hang around instead of going into the light (though I'm not saying any harm will come to her or you as a result of this). Granted she seems unusually kind and caring for a troubled ghost (she must have been this way in life too I assume). My speculation is that she has not gone into the light because of her death was sudden and unexpected, leaving her with a sense of possible confusion, and because she does not enjoy the idea of leaving you behind. However she should not be concerned about this - By going into the light she would not be saying goodbye to you forever at all.

However, know that once your sister goes into the light and tends to her business there (which I believe is a good, pleasant and healing journey) it is not uncommon for her to return to you - This time as a spirit - To say hello from time to time, or to watch, or to help. However I am concerned due to your neighbors seeing an apparition and her hanging her head (indicating sadness or troubled demeanor) that she has in fact not crossed over.

Perhaps you could acknowledge her. Tell her you have been comforted to sense her presence and know she is around and still caring. Thank her for continuing to be there for you. Tell her you want her to be happy too, and suggest that she should go into the light. Tell her that you love her and will see her again soon.

Like I said - Don't be surprised if you do hear from her again after that! However I don't think you will hear noises, see things in the hallway, or anything like that anymore. Spirits tend to be quieter and more subtle (and often more effective) about their communications/visits than ghosts. Following her crossing, you may simply hear her voice in your mind from time to time, or see some kind of sign that let's you know of her continued presence and love for her.

This is a good case - Nothing malicious or scary or sad about it. Just a sister who has held off on going into the light because she is apprehensive about leaving you. Be sure to let her know that it's only a temporary goodbye and it will be worth it for her. I am 100% sure this will work. If you don't do this, and don't acknowledge her, that may make her sad = (
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Someone once said, if you think you may be crazy, you're not. Take heart, you're sane.
I've always heard that twins are closer, more connected to one another than most siblings. It seems reasonable that she would want to come back to visit you. My belief has always been that loved ones who pass over and see our grief make an effort to contact us and comfort us. Sometimes it can take a while for them to find a bridge between their place of existence and ours. It seems as if your sister has found a bridge, and is now watching over you and your family. It may be that she wants to stay with you until she thinks your grief has lessened. You could maybe tell her that you are ok, and she can move on and be at rest. Even when she does move on, she may pop in from time to time just to see you. Even when one person moves to another state of existence, the bond of love is still there.
Blessings ❀
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
creepy story you got there well for me, two possibilities, one, it is indeed your sister and two... It is your doppleganger. And to the first possibility maybe there's a message hidden between those apparitions or she's simply watching over you, or some unfinished business I think. Pray for her so that she can rest...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: