You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Think It's Her, What Do You Think?

Real Ghost Stories

I Think It's Her, What Do You Think?

 

I had this experience just recently (less than a month I think).

Since I am working during graveyard shifts, I am home during the day with everyone in the household awake and busy. Just a month ago, our eldest sister left 2 of her kids to my mom and I cannot stand my nephews running around the house playing, whining or whatever they are doing (maybe that's because I am the youngest in the family and never had kids around until now). I think the kids are too noisy, I can't sleep in our house, so I opted to stay in my cousin's house located just next to ours.

I'll give you a background of this house. It's not an old house maybe around 10 years since built and owned by my cousin and his family. It has two rooms, one for the couple and one for the kids. It's just a small house so whichever room you are in it is easy to see or hear what is happening in the other rooms or parts of the house.

About two years ago my cousin's wife was diagnosed with cancer and after a year battling the cancer she died. It was a really emotional death because until she died she kept saying she could not leave her kids behind (especially because there were four kids. Two the age of four and two the age of seven 7 years at that time). To support and help her, her family who are superstitious, even offered a black pig and a black chicken to the spirits (they believed the spirits would heal her). While her family did all this, we (relatives on her husband's side) always went to miraculous shrines and churches since we are full pledged Catholics. But still she died. Right after her death my cousin and his kids left the house to our care and even arranged to sell the property to us.

So I was confident using the house and was happy because it was quiet and peaceful and there were no kids there. I sleep in their kids' room but the master's bedroom is just next door.

The first days were good, until one day, I woke up at 3PM I think, because I heard someone in the other room. It was as if someone was making the bed, arranging the pillows, or whatever. I thought someone was using the bed my mom mainly. Maybe she got tired of the naughty kids as well and took a nap in the other room. When I asked her later she said no, she never went to the other house that day. I laughed at it joking "maybe Abbie is in the zone". (That's my cousin's wife's name here).

The next few days, I had this feeling that I was not alone in the house. Sometimes I would wake up hearing someone in the kitchen doing the dishes, walking around the house, opening and closing the fridge, things like that. Again my mom said she never went to the house neither did my nephews. Another thing, there were times that the house smelt really bad (I know it smelled just like when Abbie was dying... I cannot compare it to any other odors, it's just distinctly so bad). So, even my mom checked around for dead rats or garbage, I knew there was nothing she could find.

The last thing that made me come home and stop sleeping in my cousin's house was when I went to our house to get something but did not lock the house. When I came back, I could not open it. I could turn the knob around but it wouldn't budge, it's was as if a really huge furniture was barred in the other side that stopped the door from opening. I called my mom; she called one of our neighbors and tried to open it thinking that the knob was broken. They could not open it. So I said "ok, I'll try the window". Just as I entered the house through the window, my mom shouted to me that the door had opened.

We had someone check the knob to see if it is was broken, he said no.

So what do you guys think about this, is she still in that house. If she is, I think she does not welcome us there, although "she" does not hurt us physically. I want to hear your thoughts.

Other hauntings by x10

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, x10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lonewolf666 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
i think that the ghost dosent won't to leave the house becouse she is still careing for her kids now what you should do is buy some lavender cented bags and place them in the rooms of the house you will also won't to burn insense in the house this helps calm the nurvs
Of you and the ghost it helps calm you so your not tense now what you need to do is some experements eg leave a cup out off the shelf or something then go out for a day to work or somewere and come back and see if its been moved if so try it again but stay in the house and see if anything happens you could also just sit down at a table and call her (as you would a person not a dog) and tell her the kids are growing up and there safe and that you will look after the house for her and tell her she should go into the after life don't use a priest becouse I'm not of any religions that you know and I would not advise it
Brianna_Patrica (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Well, since she died saying she couldn't leave her kids, she's probablly still living in her past. She finds you as an intruder. She's confused, and in limbo. She needs your help to have her go to the light. Ask your preist or paranormal investigators to help you help her move on. Hope I helped.
-Brianna ❤
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
blue-_raven:

(by saying:I won't be able to relax if that's the case.
) I meant if the situation of the family she left is like that.

❤ x10
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
Blue_raven:

Thanks for reading, we already did that, please see 7 posts below your last comment... 😳

Actually, her eldest and I are of the same age:20...that's what I was thinking as well, if I am Abbie, I won't be able to relax if that's the case.

❤, x10
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
I just read your post:
"FOLLOW UP QUESTION:

How would I tell her that everything is ok, if it is not, he has a woman and is spending her insurance money on her, leaving his kids to their grandmother's care.
I even had fights with him over his irresponsibility to a point when my mom just told me to give up helping him, helping them.

But I really want to help her rest in peace, but is it ok to lie to a ghost/spirit?"

Just a thougt, probably the reason why abbie doesn't want to leave yet is because she had a feeling that her husband will not take care of the kids... Sorry to say this but I hate those kind of man who are irresponsible. Poor abbie. 😭

How old is her eldest? You might want to talk to the child instead and tell the child to talk to their mom if it's not traumatic for the child.

Please keep us posted.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
for a mother, it is really hard to leave your kids behind and move on. She could still be there and still thinks that her family is still there. I may suggest that you pray for her to move on.

God Bless
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-06-05)
BloodyMary: They don't have to move stuff, they can go through it! LOL 😆...Did that happen to you?...
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-05)
BloodyMarybeliever:

Thanks for reading, well that's the question I cannot answer... 😨 😆...i cannot answer it because I do not have an answer...LOL
BloodyMarybeliever (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-05)
Yah I think it's her 😨 😁 😉. Who else would it be... By the way how does a ghost lock a door with out moving anything in front of it
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
zzsgranny:

Thanks for the help...i'll keep that in mind.

X10 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
x10: Good for you, some times it feels strange speaking to AIR, but hopefully your message got to her... Only time will tell... But don't be surprized if you get a few visits now and then... Not anything to be scared of, but rather her letting you know she's watching over you, and her kids... ❤
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
Hi all...

We are on the process of moving into that house. And once and for all, I convinced her eldest kid to go with me and assure her mom that life may not be perfect for her kids but still her kids believe that everything will be alright (we just sat in the master's bedroom and spoke as if she was there... We did this yesterday from work).

We also told her that she needs to go rest in peace, because the best thing that she could do for us is to go into the light, we would be happy to know that she is at peace.

BUT...
I would like to thank for all your advices, I did not have the courage to do that if it weren't for your help.

Thank you all... 😁
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
I agree with galvon. I hope she finally sees the light and can go home.
earthshine86 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
I would not lie to her... But one positive truth; After visiting the light and regenerating, she will be able to visit her children and possibly help them (to certain extents) more than she can at present.
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Hi guys, thank you for taking the time in reading this story, big help.

Kardagen:
Maybe she still is doing her everyday chores because one of her office mates told us that there are also things happening in Abbie's cubicle at work (one time they were shocked when she was online, when in fact they already deleted her account).

Zzsgranny:
Maybe that's the action I needed to do...
😐...thanks for the advice...

Chopis:
I haven't mentioned that prior to these encounters (back when I still stayed in our house) I had a couple of dreams about her concern to the kids. One of which showed our entire family on a beach, and her youngest kid was drowning, she was there to save him.

Earthshine86:
My relationship with her?so-so, were not really close because she was a working girl and 15 years older than me (when she was still here, I was still in school) and I am her eldest kid's age.
I always tell my mom of my dreams about her, and my mom would tell my cousin but usually he would just tell her it is not true. He said if she would let someone see, hear or feel her presence that should be him.

FOLLOW UP QUESTION:

How would I tell her that everything is ok, if it is not, he has a woman and is spending her insurance money on her, leaving his kids to their grandmother's care.
I even had fights with him over his irresponsibility to a point when my mom just told me to give up helping him, helping them.

But I really want to help her rest in peace, but is it ok to lie to a ghost/spirit?
earthshine86 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Hey X10... It sounds like after Abbie passed she did not go into the light, wanting instead to remain behind near to her kids and husband. Now that they have moved elsewhere, she probably does not know where and may become upset at their absence and her inability to follow. Was your relationship with Abbie good? I hope so. As she realizes her family has not come back and you have been hanging around the house exclusively instead, I hope she would not assume it is your doing or chose to take it out on you (the locked door incident makes me speculate about that).

There is really only one course of action for Abbie: To proceed into the light that she had chosen not to go into upon her death. Another reason why I ask if your relationship with her is good is because she may need guidance or communication in order to be convinced to enter the light. You may be a candidate to make that suggestion to her.

It sounds like we are fairly sure this is Abbie (it's a new house with one confirmed death inside and a confirmed motive for choosing not to remain in the light; Staying near to her children). At first I was going to recommend attempting to communicate with Annie yourself and suggesting that she go into the light. This could work, but I have a better idea. Have you discussed this situation with her husband? It would not be appropriate or healthy for the children to involve them - But you could consider bringing her husband to the house and the two of you could call to Annie to get her attention (it's a small house so this should be easy). The two of you could explain together to her that the family has moved. Assure her that the children are safe and happy and will be always cared for (this should come from the husband). Next have him speak of his feelings toward her, and together suggest that she go into the light. Assurances that you will all be together in the light eventually may help. Don't be frightened if strange things happen in response to this conversation - Noises, movements, apparitions, ect. It's not uncommon - But as other posters have said, it's in her best interest to enter the light. It's not a very bright existence for her to be trapped in that house always; Wondering and worrying for her long lost family.

Also, it is my opinion that "spirits" (different than "ghosts) do come back from the light almost freely and frequently for many reasons, including happy and light visits with loved ones. She may not have to fear not seeing her children again - In fact she may find it easier to go to them as a spirit than as a confused and trapped ghost. I am fond of telling friends who lose loved ones to death that sometimes our friends are equipped to be even better and more helpful friends from the other side. Maybe this notion will do Abbie a world of good also. Good luck...
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Well, poor soul, perhaps it would be good to pray and ask her to go to the light, assuring her that her kids are fine?, 😢, if I was a ghost, I wouldn't like to be stuck in my house forever,
Just a thought 😳
Cheers, Claudia
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
x10: There are going to be some who think this odor is a sign of a demon, however, I know this odor as we had a dog die from a cancerous tumor on his little face... The smell is very hard to describe, but very distinguisable from anything else... Sounds like she doesn't want to leave her kids... The only thing I suggest is to get her to move on... Talk to her and tell her everything's under control, and you'll all be with her eventually...

I had a door stuck like that once, too 😆...I don't think there's anything to worry about, but she does need to move on...

Keep us posted... 😊
galvon (142 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
*she kept saying she could not leave her kids behind (especially because there were four kids. Two the age of four and two the age of seven 7 years at that time). *

I think she believes her family still lives there.

And to this day keeps the house clean and locked for her kids to protect them care for them

It sounds that she wouldn't harm anyone but just continueing her daily routines
ajaygodbole (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
I guess she is in the house and trying to communicate with you. I think she would never hurt you or your family.
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Hi X10 its a good possibility, a residual type haunting. Did she often keep the house locked? She may still be there simply going through her regular day to day activities.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: