You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Something Walking Across Me In My Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Something Walking Across Me In My Sleep

 

For years I have been experiencing something strange, it's hard for me to explain it but I will try my best.

The first experience I can remember having was in an old Victorian house in LA, where some friends lived. I was asleep but conscious of being asleep (almost awake but sleeping state.) I felt as if I could leave my body if I wanted to but I was afraid. I felt like something else was in the room with me and it said to me "life is but a dream". This feeling has happened a lot to me since but that was the only time it spoke to me.

At other times, I have also felt something move across my body starting at my feet, moving between my legs and up my back. It's very light in weight and it rested on my upper back. It felt like a small animal, maybe a cat or small dog. The first time I felt this thing walking up the back of my legs, I threw the covers off with my hands.

Sometimes when these things happen, I am afraid to move, most of the times I can't move and other times I don't try to move, I'll just lay there. I started praying when these things happen and that seems to help me move but even with praying, I can is still feel something in the room with me and it doesn't leave right away.

I am interested in anyone's thoughts on this or of anyone else's experiences that might reflect this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Blackish_ruin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cash98 (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-27)
I have this happen almost every night, but I'm not exactly normal. Keep praying, that was really smart.
leahbenekekeene (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
This has happened to me as well, more than once and not always in my bed.

One time I thought I was dreaming it, but figured out no, as it was what had woken me up! I kept still as I tried to figure out why there might be a cat in my house!

I think it must be a cat, as it's almost exactly the way my cats used to slink into bed w me after I was asleep. I also have a sad childhood story that might explain why I have a phantom sleepy kitty visit me every few years.

I have never been alarmed or frightened by it, incidentally!
Talim (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
ooo I get it! And your right!

~darkness isn't always evil (I had to read that twice to get it 0.o) ~
Talim ❤
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
Yes astral projection is indeed black magic, and praying is a form of communion with the almighty spirit. So in turn could be considered magic; heaven forbid you channel the holy spirit: your possesed egad... Break out the holy water!...wait that's a form of embuing a mundane object with energy... That won't work... Grab a cross no no no that won't work its a talismen! I know let's believe in numbers and science because that is all proven through logic... Ugk that hurt my head...
GO-GOD-GO (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
before you sleep pray to the Lord and hope he saves you from these demons! And all the people trying to mis guide this person REPENT! Do not try to tell this person to "astral project"! DARK MAGIC!

May God save all His deserving children!
Talim (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
well you feeling able to leave your body is one of the first stanges of astral projection... And I've felt things on me too as I sleep... They ten to move from my chest to my face then I feel the prescence disappear completely. If this is a ghost don't freak out. There dead... Not aliens...
I feel your pain 😢
~darkness isn't always evil~
Talim ❤
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-16)
Hi;

I'm trying to be reasonable; it may be just a dream, but it may be the beginnings of demonic sexual assault. I'd get and use, especially at night, Catholic Holy water. If Catholic, frequent receipt of the sacraments and the Holy Rosary also helps a lot.

If this happens, remember to say "Jesus, Mary and St. Michael the Archangel help me", either verbally - or mentally, if it won't let you speak. Watch the reaction. Best. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-14)
I have never had dramatic experiences like this before or experiences that to me were good enough to tell, but I have before felt something touch my feet and it didn't seem right at all. I have had a similar experience.
Recently I was in the near sleeping state and I was thinking about someone I liked and I was happy that they were talking to me, but I believe if I'm too happy about it I'm believing in false hope and 'falling asleep'.
And I heard a woman's voice say 'your falling asleep' very clearly. And I literally, and metaphorically was falling asleep
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
[at] darkness I agree with your idea:) I have watch an anime with this kind of thing on its episode and its just sleep paralysis I have read it only happens on Boys,
Anyway thanks for sharing this story sir:)

-Ayasegawa Yumichika
Shinigami <3
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
Sounds like sleep paralysis this is a very common occurence experienced by a lot of people the first part of your story sounded as if you where about to have an outer body experience or OBE/Astral Projection. You will find a lot of usefull information in regards to what you have experienced on this site, there is a good friend of mine with the name of aussiedaz on here that has many experiences similar to yours maybe have a look if your interested.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
oldgeorge (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
Well, before I comment, I have a question: do you want it to stop, or are you attracted to it?

While this might sound minor, this is really important to understanding why it is happening and what it is.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
Hmmmm, have had similar instances, but they fall more towards the darker side than just mere experiences, do check out my experience, I've had few similar experiences, see if any of my instances are similar to the one's you've had.
Erebus (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
you feel makes you in contact with your inner part. It's nothing scary but as you experienced as well, you can meet or attract even "unpleasent things". For those ones I suggest not only to pray but also to study them, don't fear them and above all that whatever they can try you have the power in that state to force them back

Erebus 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: