You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Future Children

Real Ghost Stories

My Future Children

 

This is a story I've debated posting a few times because it is very dear to me and I didn't really want to hear any negative comments about it. But I've decided to post it now...

This happened to me about five or six years ago, in 2004 or 2005 while I was in college. At that time I was dating a guy, let's call him Jack, whom I was planning to marry right after college. At the time we had been together for three or four years, and we were excitedly making plans and talking about marriage and kids. Ever since I started babysitting when I was twelve years old I've desperately wanted to be a mother! For some reason ever since I was a very little kid, (maybe seven or so?), I've always said I would have kids when I turn 28. I have no idea why I wanted kids as soon as possible and I never had any good reason for fixating on that number!

Well, at this time in college I was feeling very lonely and really wishing that I could just quit college, get married and have kids. (I never really enjoyed college that much. I got lonely easily and always felt like I was just spinning my wheels. Super glad I finished it now, but at the time all I wanted to do was get the heck out of there. So, later that year I went home for spring break, and one night while I was trying to fall asleep at my parents' house I kept thinking longingly about how badly I wanted to have kids. NOW. I fell asleep, and that night I had a vivid, very real dream. I can only describe it as astral travel really because I could hear, see, and feel everything. I felt my feet hit the ground as I walked, the wind, everything... I was in what had to be Heaven!

I arrived in this gorgeous place filled with light and more vivid colors than I've ever seen on Earth. Everything glowed, and everything emitted a beautiful, indescribable music. The kind that could never be created here on Earth... And standing in front of me were a very nice looking teenage boy, probably around 17 or 18, and an adorable little girl, probably around 5 or 6. When I saw them I immediately knew that they were my kids. We were all hugging and beaming. We had a long talk together that I couldn't remember when I woke, but I remember them taking me to a place - a big open field covered in long grass and red and yellow tulips that glowed and made music at the foot of a mountain. It was the most happy I have ever felt! They allowed me to see myself walking there in the "past" with the two of them, holding hands with an adult man that they wouldn't let me see clearly, and talking to him as if we were planning our upcoming life together and talking about how we would meet and what we would do. I assumed it was Jack of course, although later when I woke up I vaguely remembered the man I was walking with having blondish-brown hair (my boyfriend Jack had super dark hair). That confused me but since I couldn't explain it I just shrugged it off and thought I was mistaken...

They took me many places and showed me many things, none of which I remembered when I woke, but finally when it was time to go, my "son" told me so. I was protesting and said I wanted to stay longer! He smiled and laughed in amusement and said, "Don't worry, Mom. We'll be with you really soon. We'll see you again." Then he smiled and handed me a bright red tulip, and kissed me on the cheek. Then he said gently, "It's time to go back now, Mom. Close your eyes now." He put his hand over my eyes with a smile and I immediately opened my eyes in bed, feeling as if I'd been transported. I felt amazing and I could feel their presence around me. I wanted so badly to believe that it wasn't just a dream, and it certainly hadn't felt anything like a normal dream at all!

Later that morning, I was in the kitchen talking to my Mom and as I reached into the fridge for something, I felt a very small child's finger tap me three times on my low back in an insistent way. For a moment I took it in stride and looked around expecting to see a niece or nephew behind me, but then remembered, "Duh! No one is visiting right now!" There was nobody there. In my mind I heard a little girl giggle and "felt" someone run around the corner playfully. I was a bit skeptical about whether the giggle was imagined or not. Then later that afternoon I was sitting at the computer and I felt the same tap tap tap on my leg and again saw the little girl standing just a little ways away from me when I looked up. She smiled and playfully giggled, ran off and disappeared. I thought it was pretty amazing! It felt like they were trying to say, "Yes we are really here. The dream was real. Don't worry we're not far away and we'll be with you soon." It was very heart-warming and comforting. For quite some time after that, from time to time I had moments when they both would come visit me for a bit when I was feeling down or lonely.

One night at college I was crying and wanting to be a Mom so bad, and suddenly I sensed a presence, and I looked around to see a little boy a younger version of my "son." I noticed that his hair was a blondish-brown and it confused me a bit, as my then-boyfriend Jack had super dark hair and in my "dream" my son had had very dark hair and looked a lot like Jack. Nevertheless, I felt the same person there, and he came to me while I was crying, got in bed and cuddled with me to comfort me to sleep.

Now, five or six years later, a lot has happened in my life and Jack and I mutually split up several years ago just a couple months before we were to be married. I am now about to be happily married to my fiancé Bryan in a few months. We've known for a couple years that we were going to get married but we now have the means to get married. A few months ago I was visiting with some musician friends of mine listening to their professional band practice while sitting on the stairs, when out of nowhere I felt like looking to my right, and lo and behold, after three or four years of not seeing my "kids" because I was feeling much more happy and content with life, the same blondish-brownish haired little boy was standing at the top of the stairs. He walked down the stairs to me and sat down next to me on the step up from the one I was on, and leaned into me like kids often do. I was a bit mystified and very charmed by this, but I also got a funny little chill and began wondering if I was pregnant. When I got home the following week (I was on a trip), one morning I tested and found out I WAS pregnant! And the coolest part is that it dawned on me... Bryan's hair is blondish-brown.

I often wonder if my "son" had appeared to me at first in the dream looking like my then-boyfriend so as not to upset or confuse me. When I first found out about my pregnancy, I had two dreams (regular dreams) in a row about having a daughter. So I wonder which gender it will be! We have to wait two months yet to find out, but we are both VERY excited... Oh yeah...and the baby is due on Dec. 3rd... Just a few weeks after my 28th birthday. Didn't even think of that until after the fact!

Life is weird, isn't it?

Other hauntings by Trudy82

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Trudy82, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Emsle (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
This is happening to me, I see 3 children 2 girls and a boy all the time. They have names, personalities and I feel so blessed. We did try for a baby last year and after a year of no success we stopped after my hubby lost his job. I went to see a friend of a friend who is very sensitive she did a reading and said that the timing wasn't right, so we have decided to wait a few more years as I am only 21. She was right as I don't think we are ready for a baby yet, it was heart breaking seeing them and not being able to have them but I know they will be with us one day. Whilst in bed the other night I felt a little finger touch my hand, then I knew she was there with me, I could feel my energy literally being drained, she just stood there it was so peaceful, I have been stressing a lot recently and she helped me relax. My baby- helping people before she is even born <3

I found your story on Google, I was looking for some other people who have had the same experiences, thank you for sharing your story, I was worried that I was going mad or something or just wanting something I can't have yet. ❤
GACfan101 (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
WOW amazing story I must say! Plus a lot of things in your story compares to some things in my life, not exactly like it but little things lol. Anyways very cute story too. Hope you have a wonderous life with your new baby/kids 😁
ldschick87 (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-26)
wow super wow! It happen and you were one of the lucky ones. 😆 😁 congrats
g1rl-on-th3-m0v3 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
i've had dreams about my future daughter ever since I was 15. I'm now about to be 20 in december. But in my dreams she's always different ages and I'm in trouble and I have to get her home but I don't have a car or transportation to get her there or the money to get her what she needs. And in the last one she tried to kill me. So mine's kind of scary I have no idea what that means.
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
Thanks for posting everyone!:) Well, we found out that we are having a little girl! So if what I was seeing was real, maybe the little boy that appeared to me just before I found out I was pregnant, was just hanging out with me and his sister in my belly. Lol Or coming to kind of give me a sign that I was pregnant.
I always wondered after having that "dream" that I don't think was really a dream, whether the boy would come first since he appeared older, or whether the girl would come first because she was little in the dream and she could have been getting used to being in her younger body before birth or something. Who knows? All mysteries.:) I'm just glad we're going to have our little girl with us here in December! ❤
Jeanine_dv (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
Your story is amazing! It's a happy one! Thanks for posting! 😁
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
this is feel good story I wish I could have a experience like this very cool wonder what it will be a blonde or brunette how ever you spell it one love
Alicia9 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-27)
After your child is born you should come back and blog about it!:) I think it would be really amazing if your child and future children do come out as you interpreted them in your dream and in the visions you had.
bored4life101 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-26)
How CUTE! Omg I love this story, it's like fate. Haha:D Well I hope you have lovely children and a great life! X3
AfraidOfGhosts (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-26)
This is very interesting! I hope to hear what the children look like, if they do look like the dream "kids", You have psychic powers 😆, But if not, you still will have the pleasure and joy of having real children

-AOG
Lexi23453 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-26)
Like your story! Very good keep it up hope you make another one. CONGRADUATIONS with your new family
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-25)
Congradulations! I hope you have a great family! Your dream is coming true!
DjLello96 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-24)
This story is amazing. Wow! I wish I had a dream like that. Hehe, it would be painful... But I would love to have a family (: Love your story. Keep up the good work <3

- Dj Lello;)
Kenzi458 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
That is so amazing. You are very lucky. I can't wait untilim older and I have kids.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-20)
Trudy

Thank you for sharing. I had a similar experience. I was engaged to be married, we broke up. Fast forward 3 years later. A few months before I was to be married, I was having dreams about a little boy that looked like my ex. He would each out to me and cry calling my mommy. In my dream I would hold him and tell him I'm sorry. Then I'd wake up feeling awful.

I'm happy to report I'm married now and those dreams have stopped
chrisnos (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
That is an interesting story. Thanks for sharing. Perhaps the two different children you saw were not different -- same soul, different biological components (dependent on the earthly decision you made regarding fatherhood). Some believe we make contracts with family before we are born. Both my children at a very early age told me they were glad they chose me as their mother. I was an atheist most of my life an never encouraged them to say such things. I have since reconsidered my views, for many reasons.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
Trudy, I think your situation could be one of two things.

One, which I hope is the true one, is that you were allowed a rare glimpse into the future at your children because of how badly you want them. If that's what this is, you are very blessed and very lucky, and it's definitely something to be grateful for.

The other, it could just be that your mind is making these things up because you are desperate for children, in the same way women can have "phantom pregnancies" when they convince themselves they're pregnant. The mind is a powerful thing.

I wish the best to you in health and happiness, and I hope your real children will be every bit as wonderful as those you dreamt of.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
I don't think Kericho is putting people down, I think she's just very cynical...

And Kericho, I have NEVER said that or wished my mom dead, no matter how mad I was at her, even in the hormonally charged peak of my teenage years, and believe me, we didn't always get along. I think that kind of behavior only comes out of poorly raised, spoiled children.
dot823 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
I think this is a beautiful story. It could mean that you're having multiples (the fact that you dreamed about the girls but the boy is the one from before) but that doesn't seem to exactly fit. My mom said that with boys, when you're pregnant, you're all for the sugars and sweets, but when pregnant with girls you want more healthy things. Most of all, congratulations!
Talim (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
this is so inspiring! I'm so happy I live where magic is every where... I believe your children will be quite gifted (and more than likly the most adorable babies ever seen) CONGRATS! I believe they wanted to simply tell you "we're coming!"... My mother tells me stories of how she dreamt of me non- stop throughout most of her life and I dreamt of my brother for a large amount of mine. Its awesome to hear a happy story for once! I wish you the best of luck

Kericho: why do you feel the need to put people down like you do? I believe you should put yourself in these peoples shoes before you judge!

~darkness isn't always evil~

Talim ❤
ghostlygirl3512 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
Aw, thanks seethings and Aussie! Nice to have my maturity complimented instead of basically called bull crap. Lol, sorry, having off day! Thanks again guys! YOU ROCK!

Blessed be
Lolli ❤
seesthings626 (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
CONGATS ON YOUR PREGNANCY!

Ghostlygirl3512 is deffinitly talking sense there! I toataly agree with her!

God bless
Cait* ❤
Bewildered83 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
I'm surprised nobody mentioned reincarnation! I can't help but to believe that this story solidifies this theory.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and your happy relationship!:)
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-17)
Nice post ghostlygirl I agree with you fully and I am shocked you are only 13, CONGRADS with your maturity... Lol

Aussie ❤
ghostlygirl3512 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
Congradulations on your pregnancy!
What an amazingly beautiful story!
The place you described reminded me of a place described in an astral projection actical!
I think you probally did astral project, considering that many times places in the Astral Realm are descibed as very beautifil with colors and sounds not on Earth.
I think that you were in a place where souls are kept. You see, I know most religions don't believe in rencarnation, but I fully do, because I had a dream of what I believe to be one of my past lives (I was in the Titanic! And no, it looked absoultly nothing like the movie!)
Anywho, I believe that we don't go threw our lives immediatly, but wait alittle while before inserting ourselves back into the timeline. And in that time, where do we wait?
I think this may have been it, or otherwise just somewhere not on Earth that is supper pretty.
You probally didn't get a good look on your husbands face cause if you did, you would have more than likely broken up with Jack, and then could have altered your entire future! And then your kiddies would never be born!
I really can't wait until you tell us the gender! I think it might be the boy because he was the one that pressed his head near your stomache, and he was older in the dream. But for some reason, I feel like it's a girl.
Tell us when you know!
Crongradulations again!

Blessed be
Lolli ❤
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-12)
Thanks for sharing your story. It was a lovely story. I believe that through dreams you can see the gender of your child. It happened to me with my first born. I dreamt that I was taking care of a baby girl and behold, it was danielle. After a year, I dreamt of a baby boy, and yes, it was my son, Tyron. Congratulations to your baby. God Bless.

moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
Trudy: that was a lovley story and I wish you every future happiness take care 😁 ❤ ❤...

Kericho: you should be banned from this site people like you only bring shame upon themselves.
aindovin (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
Very interesting!
The place you described where the kids were reminds me of a similar story where it was called 'Summerland'.
narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
Lovely story! I had a very warm and gushing feeling in my heart after I went through this.Don't know why, but it overwhelmed me in a dreamy sort of way!

Best of luck. Take care of yours and your (to be born) kid's health! ❤
dragonwalker (5 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
To zzsgranny: I'm not sure why Kericho is allowed to post anymore. Nothing this person says is either pleasant or adds value or perspective to any conversation this person takes part in.

Sorry for soapboxing it, Trudy. Hope to hear more updates on kidlets and stuff! This is just so exciting to hear about! Again, hugs!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: