You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unwanted Company Again

Real Ghost Stories

Unwanted Company Again

 

If you have read my first story, you will know that it is related to a sleep paralysis experience. I have had another few episodes over the past week but maybe not as scary as in my first story. Last week I got the typical "old hag syndrome" of SP. I woke from my sleep in a panic to feel that something was coming towards me. I then heard a kind of grunt and felt something leap onto my bed beside me. I broke into a cold sweat but went back to sleep. I even joked that maybe a wild animal ghost was trying to frighten me.

I have noticed over the past week that I have felt a very cold draft surrounding me, almost feeling like breath in my face before I go to sleep. We are now in the middle of spring here and it has been very warm recently so no cold drafts etc. Last night when I was watching TV, I saw something fly towards me (I was completely awake at this stage). I even jolted back. At first I thought it was a fly but it seemed to have a glow to it. Mum was sitting with me and said she saw nothing.

Then the same night I experienced a really cold sensation (like -10 degrees). I experienced an outer body experience which has happened to me before. I was petrified. I felt encased in this cold blast of air and felt something was in the room with me but couldn't see anything. (Thank God). When I moved I came out of the OBE. I honestly thought I was going to die. My heart was beating like crazy when I came round and I was sweating a lot even though it was freezing. I really needed to go to the bathroom but was too scared to open my eyes just in case I did see something. Then I realized my Mum was still up (this was 2am). I was going to shout down to her, but didn't want to worry her. (By the way she is aware of my SP as she has experienced a similar thing in our house).

I was being really careful with my coffee intake to prevent my sleep paralysis. If you read my last story, I have submitted an article about the link between too much coffee and seeing visions. But to anyone else who suffers from SP, I think the best way to cope with it is to force your body to move and take slow, deep breaths. It is still unpleasant for me, but reading about SP has made me deal with it better and not be so scared about falling to sleep.

Other hauntings by EMMA-M

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EMMA-M, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

believer21 (3 stories) (56 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
I personally have never had an OBE but my husband has them every full moon. He has explained them to me, and when he started getting them (which was around 7) he experenced the same as you. I think with time all will relax.
And to jitow, I just want to say that calling out to Jesus has never helped me. The few times I was attacked in my sleep I called out to Anubis and Bastet and whatever it was left me alone. Jesus is not the only deity strong enough to protect.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
Hi Emma M, based on your story you have a gift or gifts from God. When He gives you a gift, He wants you to seek Him out so that He can show you how to use the gift to glorify Him. When you are gifted and have not guidance to go to God for the answer, the strong spiritual gift attracts bad things. Gosd will allow this confusion and fear until either you seek Him and He shows you how to use it for His glory and then He will bless you and others through you beyond measure. If you never choose Him, it is very likely that He will take the gift from you. By this time evil has replaced the gift with their mimicing and limited powers that deceive people to thinking that they are still gifted and are led down the wrong path. I am not debating with anyone over any religion just stating what God has taught me through prayer and reading His word. The most revealing of all of this is that it actually makes perfect sense as well. He works everything (including bad) for good to those that love Him. These gifts are about love and nothing else. If you are gifted, it is so that God can love you and show His love to everyone through you.
EMMA-M (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Hi Guys

Thanks again for your comments. As I said before I am not an overly religious person but I will take on every bit of advice whether it be religious or medical.
The SP episodes haven't been as bad but I have been experiencing a few more OBE episodes which I can't really control by prayer/other. I just feel it happening but with no presence in the room this time.
In response to Jitow - I would like to know what is causing the presence but in a way I think I am scared of knowing the truth - if spiritual - why did it choose me to haunt and what does it want?
Also there is the medical side of things - I read that SP and Sudden Adult Death Syndrome could be linked. If you read my first story, you will see that I had a healthy young friend who died suddenly in his sleep of SADS. No one to this day knows the cause. That was my first thought when I began to get SP.
AussieDaz - thanks for your advice about OBEs. Sorry to hear about your Mum. My family too have been affected by Cancer which is a real demon. It does make SP laughable in comparison to this horrible disease. I agree that the secret is not to be scared of SP or the apparition but it is difficult. But since I am more aware of SP and taking on some of the advice, I have learned to deal with it better.
Thanks again everyone for your comments - keep them coming. ❤
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
Ouch! Jitow that hurts 😆 good thing I got some of my advice based on Different ANIME'S *LOL* naruto and pokemon aren't really my thing 😆

EMMA, me too, I also like DEAN more than SAM,:)

😐 I'm sorry if I'm putting some crap on the comment box,:) don't be mad at me...

-Aya Winchester
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
EMMA-M, Firstly let me say, I know exactly what your going through and will share with you, my experiences and how I handled them... I have been under attack a couple of times OBE over the coarse of my life... On one occasion I didn't know I was out of my body and attacked very cleverly by an old witch or night hag... The only thing that saved me from having a heart attack was refusing to submit fear to it... When it lunched at me I refused to believe it was real... And you know something... It lost power and vanished... It tried again and cleverly... Once agained tried to decieve me and once again, I refused to submit fear to it and once again, it lost its source of energy... That was 20 something years ago... Recently about 6 months ago as I left my body OBE... I felt something grab me and shake me from side to side... Believe me or not, I started laughing... The reason why I started laughing, was because what I went through watching my mother be rip apart by a real demon CANCER... This attack was a joke and I treated exactly like one... And guess what, it lost power and vanished... Are these things real?...I don't know... But one thing I do know... They have no power to hurt you, if you have no fear of them... I know this is easy said... But if you can conquer your fear, you will conquer your attacks... Good luck best wishes 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
At the risk of sounding Anti-Christian, yet again (those of you who know me, hold back, please), this is NOT a religious debate site.
NO ONE is telling ANYone they can not hold firm to their Truths. NO ONE is telling ANYone that Christianity is a bunch of bunk. The problem is, there are certain topics that CAN NOT be discussed rationally when there is SO MUCH passion behind the belief.
That is why we refrain from getting into religious debates, and from leaving comments pointing to the "fact" that Christianity or any other religion is the "ONLY" true form of worship.
C'mon People. We have been through this.
Please state your opinion, keep the "absolutes" out of it, and Pray for one another.
There is enough unrest in the world. We want to keep this site a SAFE place for ALL people to be able to freely state their OPINIONS.
Spare us ALL the Christianity Persecution Complex.
Wa-do.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
Sorry that I lost my cool a little bit but all of us understand like Chantelle23 said, that it is tuff to state absolutes in these types of discussions. My problem is anyone diminishing advice that is proven over and over again to be effective and then not having anything helpful to take its place other that conjecture, speculation and what they wish was true. If you choose to ignore Christ that is between you and Him, (and you do not have to believe in Him for that to be true) but why jeopordize another person that is being tormented from the peace that they so despartely seek. Many of these people are scared shiotless. I know the power that Christ has over evil, ghost, whatever. He created the whole system. It is in the Bible if anyone cares to see it. Spirit life is explained and it spells it out just like people here experience it. It is the source to go to for anything spiritual on the good side. Once people realize that all of this is not about paranormal, it is about the battle for our souls and where you will spend eternity, life on earth is short, eternity is forever. I guarantee that it will not be floating around your family and friends back at the house.
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
Agreed, I think she was just offering alternatives to the many christianity- related posts on this site. I don't think it is right to deny another persons beliefs as in a few comments she apparently has but she does put in reasonable advice on other stories. I don't think you need to have lived half your life to have experienced the paranormal and all its rules of dos and donts, I mean does ANYONE REALLY know what to do when it comes to these spiritual encounters, really? How has each and every ones advice been proven and is truly the right way? I haven't had any experiences and I'm sure you would think MY comments are a little empty in 'real' knowledge but that's simply what I would feel comfortable doing at the time. There ARE some far-fetched and somewhat ridiculous ideas and posts for sure but each to their own, I don't think we should attack them or bulldoze what they claim to be true. At the end of the day the author will choose what they feel best and comfortable with doing or saying whichever. Finally, you do seem knowledgable and I agree with a lot of your comments, of course you can't beat years of experience, be it religeous,paranormal, but we shouldnt attack those who haven't had the 'luck?' or misfortune of experiencing the paranormal or who don't follow god.
Anyway again Jitow I think your posts are great but if mine or others advice is simply immature or unknowledgable ignore it or if absolutley nessecary post above with a big fat -DO NOT READ ITS A LOAD OF CRAP!- kay lol 😁 ❤
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
I am sure ghostgirl did not mean to be rude. She was just trying to help out just in case EMMA was not a christian.

Yes she may slip once in awhile but don't we all ❤
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
That is not a clash of beliefs, it is a clash of experience. I am not down on youth, I used to be one. I have also been an educator and I have had a lot of experience with different kids maturing and different levels. I have met some pretty mature 13 olds but spiritual issues and the things that can happen are serious and life changing. Not to say that young people don't go through tragedy, I did. I feel bad for some of the thingsd I wrote but I look at her website and it is just a game, an interest and she admits hersef that she has not really had any spiritual experience. It is the tough thing about the internet. Anybody can say anything and there many people out there that actually believe it. We have a responsibility at this site whether formal or not to do no harm. If you know something from personal experience that is helpful and does no harm, then post away. If you are board and looking for entertainment, you can find that here, but read don't post. Not everyone that post here is just making up these stories for fun and they need help and have nowhere else to go. Too many people give advice based on what they read on the site before this one. She disagrees with everything Christian and I can guarantee you that she knows nothing about the Bible. Do you follow me here. People come on here and give time proven and highly effective advice based on years of experience and the next poster is a Harry Potter want-to-be giving advice they learned from Digimon or Narruto on tv. How does the desperate person that is confused and looking for real help distinguish between what is real fact base help and a load of crap. Then you have you neutral crowd. When someone comes on here with a hair raising problem and all they say is, "welcome to our site, I am sorry that you are having this problem. I have heard it said by someone 3 years ago who had a similar problem but not exactly like your, that if you jumped of a cliff while reciting this evil incantation then you won't be harassed anymore, but I am not sure, I hope you get some help. Please post again when the crap hits the fan because we really like to read that stuff". See what I mean. These are the people that say, you take it too serious, or you are trying to cram religion down peoples throat. The bootom line is, if you do not know from experience that the advice you are giving is correct advice, don't write it.
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
wowzies, lol I just clicked to read the story, but the comments attract the eye...
Lets all calm down lol
I think there is a lot if clashes of beliefs on this site. 😕
Cant we all get along!
Interesting story but
😊
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Are you kidding me Ghostygirl13. I cannot believe that I almost argued with a 13 year old medium over spritual and real life issues. Listen, I don't give a rip how old you are, nor what you have been through or what kind of "talents" you claim to have. You have not the experience level in any subject to write smuggly the way that you have on this website. Not just to me, I have only read your spit for a week or so. You better learn some manners and respect and I sure hope you don't talk to another human being in person the way you smuggly write on this site. I bet the farm that all you know is what you gave watched on TV and played on video games. This is not Pokemon and Naruto. These are real people with real problems. I do thank you for being honest with your age and barely old enough to even access this site. Do your parents know the kind of dimissive crap you write on here. Especially the crap you write about Christianity and Christians. You don't know squat. This is real not wizardland.com. I am going to read all 28 of your post and if I find one redeeming statement or really truthful piece of advice that is not just copycatted from someone else, I will recant this whole post, unless WB recants it for me. With the advice I have read from you so far, I guess you were a wise old prophet in one of your former lives and only 13 so far in this one.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Emma-m, is there areason you don't want to test this thing just to find out if it is evil or not? You state in this post that you were scared to go to sleep. I am not saying I know what you have there. Go to youtube and search by sleep paralysis. You will get some eye opening accounts of what is down the road if you don't end this thing. You will also find out that God is in control of things whether we want Him to be or not. Nobody said you had to be a religious person. You very much sound like you have a spiritual problem that can only be controlled by spiritual intervention. I have read many accounts of people not seeking Jesus help. Some even got over it on there own after 10, 15, 20 years. You start trying to talk with this thing then you really better remember calling on Jesus. GhostyGirl has never called on any other god and got any results, if she did I am waiting to read about it on her next blog. I have not seen any other post witnessing that what she said is true. You might as well call out to Parrez Hilton.
berryz012 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-27)
the same thing happens to me its so scary >.< and I tried the praying thign but the buzzing just gets loauder and I feel like somethign shaking me! >.< I hope its not spirits or anything once I woke up from it and there was a women next to me! Omg >.<
dvang1 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-24)
Hi Emma

Have you tried sleeping in a different room or even rearrange your bed differently, for me it happened most when I was laying on my back, didn't really ever experience it when I'm on my side. Try sleeping in a different room, and let's see if it still happens, I want to know if it is something that keeps comming back to that room or something that is following... Have you been somewhere secluded, somewhere where there isn't a lot of human traffic, it can be anywhere woods, dark corner in the backyard, even a dark corner in the garage, My mom told me all these lil places could have something lingering around there, something that you have come across and mite of disturbed it and it somehow attached itself to you, well try to stay away from places like I mentioned and let's see if you still get them.
EMMA-M (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
Hi Dvang

I also get that noise to warn me that it's coming. I can only describe it as a loud zooming/humming/buzzing noise. Even though I try to move, it sometimes doesn't go away.
Just the other night I experienced another SP episode which I'm actually thinking of writing another story about. I heard that familiar noise and then I felt sheer panic. I know I was awake because I felt an actual fear of falling asleep in case something bad was about to happen. I moved and still heard the buzzing. I then felt the presence again and moved but still felt it was there. I must have gone back to sleep as I dreamt I got up and told Mum what had happened. I then felt very frustrated with myself that I was still in bed, scared. I even dreamt that as I got up I saw a figure and tried to fight it, telling it to go away and leave me alone.
This is all very hard for me to understand. But when I find out the cause -whether it be medical, spiritual or other, I will put every piece of advice to use. I will keep you all posted.
dvang1 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
Hi, Lets start off with I'm asian (hmong) to be exact. I have had similiar experiences to sleep paralysis or that's what doctors/scientists/shrinks tell you when they cannot explain what it is you are experiencing. For me whenever it happens, I am partially awake or in the midst of fallen alseep, I can sense when its going to happen sometimes, there is always some kind of of noise that alerts me that it is comming, but for some reason I can never stop it until BAM it happens. Then I'm laying there struggling and trying to call out for help with no voice, it only last for a few minute if that and you wake up or get up thinking wtf was that. It has come in many forms depending of where You are sleeping and Where you Have been, or What has followed you home or what has been there all along before you got there... OK for me at first I was scared and after time of happening so much, I got sick and tired of it and started to challenge it. Gathering all my strength and will power to fight this thing off me (as stated above Jitow uses Jesus as his power to challenge it), at one point I was able to free my arms and this may sound a lil crazy, I was able to grab a hold of something in my arms for a few short sec's before it dissappated... Well Imma just leave it off here, don't want to sound anymore retarded as it already sounds, but please don't be affraid of it challenge it, show that YOU are not affraid and it cannot hurt you, it has worked for me and I have not encounter it for sometime now, ohh BTW if you are wondering what I meant by where you sleep or where you have been! Feel free to email me at dvang25 [at] yahoo.com, I'll try to explain it a lil better in details and share my encounters. Please title it sleep paralysis experience.
EMMA-M (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
Hi Aya

I suppose it depends what way you look at SP. I was trying to keep to the medical side of it but now I am beginning to think that there is sometjhing more to it - why the creepy feeling of a presence in the room and a menacing feeling like I am in some sort of danger. The OBEs are hard for me to explain as I am really not a spiritual person. I don't lnow - maybe I will get to the bottom of this someday.
PS I also love Supernatural (not that I am letting the show go to my head - I haven't seen it in a few years) and Dean is my fav brother - where are the Winchesters when you need them? - lol!
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-21)
I Haven't had an SP my whole life xD so I don't know what its like and I don't want to have one... 😊 does SP had anything to do with spirits?

-Aya winchester
EMMA-M (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-21)
Hi Guys

Thanks for your advice. I am not really a religious person and at first I thought these SP/Outer Body Experience episodes were health-related which worried me a bit. I have considered the spiritual possibilities however.
I like the idea of being able to do anything with the OBE though. It has brought that the scary aspect of Astral Projection into a positive light. However, on a negative note, I read from someone else's comments on OBEs that if you feel a presence with you when you are spiritually absent from your body, it leaves you wide open to another entity taking over - eek!
ghostlygirl3512 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-20)
Just in case your not Christian, you can subsituted Jotows suggestion with any god (s) /goddess (es) that you believe in.
Also, I think you have a minor ghost. Nothing huge, just some cold spots. Sometimes we can be very affraid of things that we do not know about or do not understand. It could be a malicious spirit, in which case I think you should burn some sage. Often it helps to get ride of negative entites.
The important thing is to believe in Light. Always try and see the good in everything, even spirits. They're dead, but they're still people.
As for your SP, its completly your choice, but from this, you could astral project. All you would have to do is feel for vibrations and lift out. Then you could do anything really. Again, your choice, but it might make your SP less scary cause you'd have something to look foward to!

-Being smart and being wise are not the same thing-

Blessed be
Lolli ❤
katm72 (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-13)
Please listen to Jitow. When I was a teen & lived with my parents I had terrible things happen to me at night. The house was very old, so who knows what happened in the past. My brother used to always joke about "Mrs. Brown" still haunting the house. He always told me that he found her bones when he was down in the cellar. The cellar was part dirt & part concrete. I know that the house was haunted, however I know my brother was full of crap about the bones. Anyway, one night I was sleeping in the room right next to the door that leads to the cellar, I heard a very heavy evil breathing right over my head. When I looked up there was enough light to see a black figure hovering over me. I was too afraid to call out to my mom almost as if I couldn't move or talk. So mentally I called out to Jesus & what ever it was immediately went away. I could feel a wonderful peace after that almost like an Angel was with me. My mom had the room blessed by a Christian woman that she had know. After the blessing I didn't experience that again. Keep in mind that it isn't always this easy to get rid of evil, so you may have to perform this more than once. In our case we were very fortunate & grateful to God. I know that our experiences weren't exactly the same, however you may want to try this, Ok.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
I know that you have headed down the SP path on this and that is good. It does not appear to be giving you any immediate relief and the fear and anxiety can be enough to trigger the events all over again. Just as an experiment, the next time you feel the cold around you, you do not have to wait until you are paralyzed, and simply say or think (if you cannot speak) as loud as you can "Jesus rebuke you!", "Get out in Jesus Name and don't return!". Do it the very next time, it can only help you and certainly will not hurt you. I have an extremely strong feeling that you will feel it leave immediately if you call upon Jesus name to help you. Please try it the very next time it starts and let us know the results. Thanks, Jitow

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: