You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: He Won't Leave Me Alone...

Real Ghost Stories

He Won't Leave Me Alone...

 

First time posting a story up here and before I start there's a few things I would like you to know. I'm a very religious person. A Christian, denomination shouldn't matter here. So when I talk about my experiences, know that I already believe spirits, demons, and angels exist. I talk to God all the time, so it doesn't really freak me out when ghostly things happen. Which is probable a blessing considering the story I'm about to share. On top of that I'm a very laid back person, the farthest from a drama queen you'll ever meet, and I have a tendency to make understatements. Please keep that in mind when you read this.

This isn't a story about a room being haunted or a house being haunted. I sort of wish it was, but no. I'm the one who's being haunted. He follows me everywhere, and he's possessive of me. Like I'm his territory or something. Frankly, I don't get it, I'm not very attractive, and I'm not the most spiritually aware, well... Compared to my best friend who's seen him more than once, I'm not.

I know he's male because he's called my name a few times before and his voice is defiantly male. I'll be home alone and all of a sudden, very clearly, it's not a whisper or anything, and I'll hear a male's voice call my name. It's not scary or anything, sure it surprised me the first time, but it's not said in a threatening way. So I don't really worry about it, he just wants attention.

Usually he behaves himself, lays his hand on my shoulder, messes with my hair, and touches my cheek. It doesn't feel like skin, the best way I can describe it is that the air gets thick and cold in the areas that he touches me at, it's air that's so thick it's almost water like in density. I think he does it just to let me know he's in the room, so I'll talk to him. It's a totally one sided conversation, I feel sorry for him. I wouldn't want to be stuck in this world with no one to talk to; I try my best to be nice to him and patient with him.

However, sometimes he misbehaves, and it's always when I ignore him, or try to push him away. I'm trying to get to sleep or I'm working on something and I'm tired of having my face touched, he's cold, I don't enjoy being cold for the most part. I'll snap at him, "Will you just leave me alone for awhile?" He's like a child in a way, does not like to be told no not at all. He's scratched my back, punched me in the face once, but normally he puts a lot of pressure on my chest and chokes me, makes it hard to breath. He seems to try hard when he's choking me, to make sure it's enough to make me uncomfortable, but not enough to actually hurt me, though he did hurt me once, left me gasping on my bed for breath and with a sore neck the next morning.

The amazing part about it is after all that, I'm not scared of him. He's never really hurt me badly, it's more like a giant child lashing out in anger and then withdrawing quickly. I've only seen him once, and that was during school. I was walking up the stairs to my locker, when I heard someone walking up the steps behind me. I turned around to look, and there he was, this tall, skinny man who seemed surround by blackness. It was like cloth, but not cloth. I didn't see his face; it was obscured by a hood of some sort.

At first, I thought he was a student, though looking back I'm not sure why, he doesn't look like any student I've ever seen. I only glimpsed him for a second or two before looking back up at my friend, and then whipping my head back to do a double take. Which of course he was gone by that time, what followed was me, making a fool out of myself. "Hey where did that kid go?" "What Kid?" "The really tall one dressed in all black who was standing in behind us a second ago."

That earned some looks, lucky for me though, my best friend who has her own ghost issues, smiled sympathetically at me and promised we'd talk about it over lunch. When I say I'm haunted and not my house, I mean it. I've been bothered by him when I'm camping, when I'm staying the night at a friend's house, at my grandparents, he's even bothered me during school.

I've found that it's best to give him attention. He gets angry when I don't pay attention to him. For the most part I don't mind him either. Sometimes it can be a comfort having him around, I'm upset about something, and suddenly it feels like I'm being hugged. I don't think he's an evil being, but I don't think he's solely good either, like you and me; he has the ability to be both mean, and nice, free will. He seems to regret it when he scares me, or hurts me.

I know the last thing he wants is for me to be scared of him. I was trying out that knocking trick that you sometimes see on the ghost shows, I was sitting up in my bed asking him question after question, didn't get many answers, but one was pretty reveling, I think. "Okay, um... Knock twice if you're angry at me." No knocks, "Are you angry?" a tentative two knocks. "Are you angry because you frightened me?" Two loud knocks right next to my ear. After that he seemed to get bored with the knocking game, and didn't respond much.

My best friend is under the impression that he's a demon and a nasty one at that. She's probable closer to the truth then I am. If there's one thing about my personality that you should know, if you haven't figured it out yet, is that I'm an extreme optimist. I see the bright side of everything, and I always try to see the best in others. I'm a push over by nature, and have quite the submissive nature, I'm not a leader.

If one thing is clear it's that she doesn't like him, and he in turn doesn't like her. Can't really blame him, I wouldn't like her very much if she talked about getting me exorcised all the time. She's seen him more than once, and a lot clearer than me. One time she was over at my house to spend the night and she froze mid-sentence and just stared at my staircase, and turned very pale. "He's so tall Sara, and he's all dressed in all black and... Oh he doesn't like me at all." Here she shivered, "That thing is evil, and I'm scared for you." She's said that more than once, "I'm scared for you." Love that girl to death, but she can be on the dramatic side. Of course I laughed it off, and assured her gently that he's never hurt me before, and not to worry, I'm fine. She gave me a look and said, "He's choked you before." To which I responded that, "It didn't really hurt that much."

He followed us to Prom this year too; my best friend was the one who saw him. She got really upset about it, she told me he made her feel hallow and all alone. I've never seen her look more shaken, or cry like that in a public place. I don't think I've been angrier at him then that day, he caused such a scene, I ended up holding my sobbing friend in my arms for about half an hour just comforting her. I don't care what he does to me, but hurting my friends and family is where I draw the line.

I don't want him to be evil, or a demon. I can't see him as being that. I've grown up with him. He's been around sense I was probably eleven or so. I'm used to him; I have a working relationship with him. He misbehaves only when I ignore him, or when someone else is getting more attention than him when he wants it (my best friend for example).

The difference between my best friend and I is that, she sees all the bad in him, when I try to see only the good. She tends to see ghosts as black and white beings, either good, or bad. I see them as a mix of both, like most people, they're good for the most part. My relationship with him is like all relationships, it's a bumpy road, and it helps to have a second opinion. But more than a second opinion would be great. There are still things I want to know about him, a name for example would be great to know. But, I guess I'll just take this one day at a time.

I'm also curious to know if anyone's had an experience similar to mine, he seems to be getting more and more attached to me as time goes on. I can't go more than a few days without experiencing something 'unnatural'. It's getting to the point where I don't even take notice of it anymore. Strange has become my normal.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Thorn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DidThatJustHappen (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-30)
The same thing has happened to me as well. But the ghost that is following me is nice, loving, and only once has hurt me once. He made my head hurt and very faint. He does touch me a lot. Every night and the most part of the day. But his hands are soft and warm. I do talk to him a lot, though my head. He talks back too. He is just like a normal person, kinda.
Well anyway, I would like for you to ask him for his name, but not physically. Just think "what is your name?" to him. Telepathy its called. If you need more help Email my at christinearmstrong125 [at] gmail.com
❤ ❤ ❤
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Thorn~I see you have not commented in awhile and is just worried about you... I hope and pray you are okay! Please let me know if you can!
retro_rose (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
Hi, I read your account and personally, I have to agree with your friend.

This does not sound right or good in the least bit. It sounds frightening, evil, and wrong. I am a Christian as well (I've been born-again since I was four), and all throughout the Bible, there are accounts of demons and what are also called "unclean spirits". That's what you're dealing with, and it's something very serious.
This thing should be cast out of your life, through prayer and reading of the Bible. If it is allowed to remain in your life, I think it would only get unbearable.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
Yes, relationships are bumpy, but that is between people. I would call being scratched, punched, and choked a bit more than bumpy, human or not. Being an optimist is good and all, but in this situation, I think it would be much better to think as a realist.
Eva_the_empath (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Hello Thorn!
I have to confess that I have just created an account to write this post.

I don't have any knowledge on the paranormal, but one thing occured to me while reading your story and maybe it will provide you with a different point of view. Namely, you seem to describe your relationship with the entity as if it was a human-human relationship with a living, flesh-and-blood person, almost a boyfriend. What is the most unnerving is that he may also percieve himself in this way.
My question is: have you ever thought what will happen when you'll want to have a real boyfriend/husband/family in your life? Because in the present state I doubt he'd let you have them. You've let him feel he's the most important. As I said, I know nothing about exorcisms, but I know you need to do something.
First of all I'd recommend talking to him and making him aware he cannot treat you like that, and that he is, and later will not be, the most important I'm your life.
Secondly, I think you should talk to a priest you trust, even if only for some advice.

Hope to read how your story continues,
❤ Eva
special (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
Hi Whitebuffalo, you means the prayers don't need worry about the language barrier, faith is important. I understand now.

Before I really joined to different religions, i most to trust and depended on the Vajrayana (classical chapter of Buddhism), teacher taught me to chant the'charm'about one year (only 12 words the charm and prolonged 8 hours to chant everyday)
I used the'charm'to rip them but failed, so I changed to chant the chinese bible, they all attention to listened my chant but always to heave a sigh to me. They all seem unharmed in one piece now.

I want found some powerful'phrase'from this site.

Thanks you adviced to me and also thanks to Archangel035.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
Thorn, I just read, "Sleep Parlasis Fixed". This post contained, a strong prayer and method that may be of help. I believe it was posted by Archangle, Just a suggestion. Bless You.
Oh and thanks Aya, for the welcome! ❤ 😁
Jeanine_dv (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
Thorn, I am also a Christian and have many ghostly and demon experiences. I kind of agree with your friend, it might be a demon. If this is a demon all these things that are happening will probably get worse and worse... I mean it will keep you awake all night, keep you from doing things throughout your day, and might even start to hurt you more and more... Trust me, it starts out like they are your friend, and then its the total opposite. Demons will do whatever they can to get to you and hurt you in any way possible. If things start getting worse and worse, I suggest getting prayer to get rid of him or even pray over yourself. I had to pray over my bedroom because a demon kept bothering me every night. It kept me awake, gave me nightmares, threw things off my shelf's and dresser, whispered my name, screamed my name in my face (could even feel breath on my face), and much more... Till one night I had enough and I prayed over my room out loud and it all went away. I am happy to say I sleep peacefully now. Well I hope things work out for the best for you.
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
Thorn, I read your story and it felt very creepy to me. I was glad to see that you seemed much stronger and more resolved in your last post. I hope you have succeeded in getting "Uriah" out of your life. It is definitely a devil if it's trying to keep you from having relationships with others and assaulting you when you ignore it. Keep strong in your faith and dismiss that thing in the name of Jesus Christ, to which all spirits are subject.

God bless.
freddysgirl1984 (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
Hey there! Your story is surely a unique one, and something like that has happened to me before. My male ghost friend never said anything, but I always knew when he was watching me and I could feel him watching over my bed at night. I think he was trying to bother me and sort me out, since I'm a Wiccan. But no worries, ghosts are usually friendy.
special (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
These two years, a wildness HUMAN BEASTS ghost found me everyday, he always to roar to me, i had recordered his voice only the sound so horrible.
Sometimes he like as a student study with me the language (Cantonese).
I hope upload it to here, but too many terms limited by this website.
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
welcome to YGS -roseinbloom 😁 😆 ❤... Happy lunch to all...

-aya collins
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
Dear Thorn, this is my first day and post on this site. I thought I'd just sit and read and observe for a while, but after reading your story, I too caution you about how you are handling this entity. I agree with old george and JimD, that you may be in some kind of trouble with a demon. Please, Please, Please, seek out JimD to get a handle on how to deal with this. I hope all goes well for you and your friends. ❤ ❤ ❤
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
😊 oh~ not all demon are evil... I have read that in THE KEY OF SOLOMON... Anyway just be careful... Take care...

-Aya**
special (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
Thorn is thinking people won't leave her alone now...
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
Thorn it is communicating with it and acknowledging it that has it still there now. Not trying to cause a spat but please do not talk to it if you indeed want it gone. Some just want to see what hapens if you don't get it out. They don't have to live there, you do.
gruntman (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
I believe you got a DEMON following you. Yes, it may seem its nice and may even act like what a normal person/child may act like when not getting any attention, nut still you got a problem that I believe to be out of your control. Please, believe me, I not joking, take you friends advice, that thing is a DEMON and nothing else! I'm telling you this because I believe there is either good or bad in this world, heaven or hell is where the soul goes to upon death of the human body. That means there are DEMONS or ANGELS, now I can't say why they maybe there or how evil or good they are, I believe that varies with the spirit, all I can say for a fact is if this thing was an ANGEL it would never, ever hurt you! No matter what! But I've heard stories similar to this and everything always goes well until they decided they've had enough or want to move on with life. Now I take it your a Senior or just graduated, so you won't be moving or doing much of anything that may aggravate the DEMON, but I'll tell you this, if it is what I think it is it will follow you until you do something about it, it will only get worst as time goes on, if you want to settle down and have a family it may terrorize your family or even prevent you from having a family. Basically what I'm trying to say in a nutshell is you have a potential problem and you may not realize it know but when you finally deiced to go into the real world this DEMON will hold you back and prevent you from achieving what you may so long desire. I say this because this thing wants a lot of your attention already and when you can't give it to it it hurts you, what's it going to do when you want to move on with life?. This thing will on hold yo back in life and cause you pain and misery, nothing else. I advise you get rid of this DEMON and fast. To prove its DEMON try saying the Hail Mary or Our Father, depending how it acts will tell you if its a DEMON or not. Have a priest or minister come to your house and bless your home. Talk to a priest, minister, etc. And find out what you have to do to get rid of this thing. I only hope you realize what trouble your in before it to late. Best of luck and may god be with you.
Ashmere (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
Thorn,

Sorry for not replying much earlier,
It is fine to contact him in an unovasive manner, and to learn more about him is better to help understand why he is here and especially why hes is attached to you either by his own will or someother reason,
There are a few ways you could go about it.

Ashmere
Alicia9 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-27)
Have you ever tried using a ouija board on him? Hmmm I don't think this is a normal paranormal experience. I know you are used to him but what is going to happen when you have a relationship or some kind of life experience that is suposed to only involve you? I'm not in your shoes but I feel like if he grows even more attached to you then he will be harder to get rid of when you do want to get rid of him.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-25)
Thorn, not sure if I or anyone else mentionrd that this does not sound like an incubus but more like a "familiar". I know that we have beat this thing to death but there are certainly some easy test that you can do to see if it is evil in origin which can help you figure out what route to take in getting your life and peace back. The very next time that you know that it is around just simply ask it if it knows much about Jesus, start reading the Bible in whatever room you experience it in the most. Pay very close attention to the reaction. If you simply don't want to communicate with it anymore, then at the first sign it is around (do not tell it to go except in this manner) simply say in a firm voice, "Jesus rebuke you"! Say it loud and often. Leave your Bible open on your night stand. Let us know the results and we can all help you to quickly proceed in the right direction.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-24)
Okay, you may have heard and read comments like mine already... In that case, simply pass these by.

This 'thing' is to domineering and possesive. This is not a simple paranormal event and should not be taken lightly. The fact that this 'thing' has physically casued you harm in the past-he (or it) needs to go!

Tell 'it' to go to the light in the name of the Lord. Tell 'it' that there is no more control over you that 'he' can exercise as you are not going to let 'him'.

Pray, pray, pray. The Lords prayer is very effective. Hang a cross in each of your rooms. As this 'thing' follows you around, you may want to take to wearing a cross as well.

Getting rid of this 'thing' may not be easy, but you need to find your strength in your faith and stick to it. If this proves to difficult for you, you may want to consider seeking some religious council to rid your self of this once and for all.

Your taking this 'thing' being in your life as something you simply have to deal with forever needs to get out of your line of thought. This 'thing' is dangerous! Yes, it wants attention, but that is becuase attention feeds it and makes it more powerful.

Keep us posted and God Bless!
special (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
re Badjuujuua:
My first language is Cantonese and bad in English.
Thanks you make me more understand about the ghosts variety, I calm dowm now while you said they only a ghost and no power.
Non responsibility random to speak something is Demon will make poeple get great fear.
Yes,they really can't do anything to me still now, sometimes they tried to control my body but I can easy to rejected them.
Yes,you said the right (there isn't anything they could gain from lying)
They always make an image/voice in my brain to accurate presage the future, but that's make me everyday anxiety what will coming.
I get to joined different religion a long times before (Buddish...Jesus...Taoism)
And asked them exorcisms to me, but they still stay here with me, that's serious make me no faith and trust to any religion to now.
(so sometimes I will doubt the God also will harmful the people)
oldgeorge (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
[at] plzhelpmeout1122 - this does not sound like a ghost at all. This sounds very troubling given that it is domineering, seeking to control your behavior, and capable of choking you. This sounds more like a demonic entity. Do not talk with it but rather get some help. If you do not know any clergy who can help you, I advise you to contact one of the posters here I know, JimD. He has a lot of experience in helping people. His email is Dukes2352 [at] aol.com
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
😜 exorcist a ghost 😆 cool! That can happen using a talisman... I guess...

-aya collins
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
Hi Special.
You say that the exorcisms have failed. Exorcisms only work on demonic forces. Human ghosts will not respond to religious provocation. So it sounds like you just have a ghostly presence. I think most ghosts are reasonably honest, simply because there isn't anything they could gain from lying. And most ghosts can't raise enough energy to actually hurt anyone. There are, of course, exceptions.
As to why the ghosts would speak English when that is not your first language, I'm not sure. I believe that ghosts are naturally drawn to whoever can sense them, and you seem to have a strong ability to sense ghosts. They may come to you because of that, and hope they can communicate in spite of a language barrier.
special (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
(1) I had asked to ghosts 3 times will kill me or not, they all very fast answered me 'No',they voice surely and very clearly all people can understand it.
If they talk lied, how can I do?
(2) They seems no need to sleep, anytime standby here.
(3) If there have four ghosts talking to you, they all don't know by the side of them also have other ghosts existence.
(4) Some ghosts forgot theirs 'name',but they don't know use the 'i forgot it'.
(5) They all don't scare the God or Buddha, many times exorcised but failed.
(6) I don't understand why they all speak english but I am a Chinese.
Kenzi458 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
I know how you feel. There was a little girl that used to follow me around, but she didn't touch me. You should probably get rid of him because he seems stronger than he was at first. But if you lost a family member or a loved 1 around the time he showed up then hemight be that person. But have a professional help you, or he might seriously hurt u. The choking might turn into punching or stuff like that. He sounds good and evil. Or you could be blessed and he wouldn't be able to touch you.
junior (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
I got a ghost hes about fiffthteen he don't get mad at me about there's two of the one town suff at me and he just sit aroud and talks to me some time had to say something sited to cover up me talking to mysfhe he likes to make me ligge a lot he told me a joke and I ligged hours 😆 some times he stops that get then at me like a pen ect so hes very nice to me
angelofwar (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
oh great! My ghost is mad now that I'm writin' about him! Oh well he'll get over it. Thorn, I am here for you. If you need help in any way just say so. Honey pie, are you scared? Does the ghost offten hit you and choke you? But do you feel as if you want him to cross over? Do you like it better when he is with you or not? Think about these things hon, before you go burnin' sage and getting cleansed. We are here for you. 😳
plzhelpmeout1122 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
hi I'm alexis I have had things like that happen to me believe it or not but as I write this its happening mines a female she;s angry I'm writing about her! She says she loves me like I'm her daughter, she can talk, likeher daughter she allways says twice she just said her daughter loved the internet... She said this website is some thing I shouldnt beon that it's dangerous...she's told me to read this to hers so I am. She said too include her daughter is like me and her name is alex... Mines alexis. She said she'll never hurt me AGAIN 😢!She said I could tell what happened:i was wriding my bike I new her already she told me to stop writing I didn't then I went in the house later... And like yous she chocked me and told me not to disobey her and I haven't 😲 but, she still is having problems I'm trying to get her to cross over to her daughter

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: