You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Troubled House 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Troubled House 2

 

I gave a little history of my old house in Nanaimo, BC in my first post. In this post, I want to focus on something-or someone, strange I saw twice in the six years I lived there. I can really only describe him as a shadow man.

It was about 10:00pm and I was sitting in the living room reading. This is important: I was on the three-seater couch and a bit away to my left was a single-seater. Behind that and up against the wall was a china cabinet. I was reading an interesting article in the newspaper when I saw out of the corner of my eye a black shape move. I turned just in time to see the shape of a man crouch down behind the single-seater. It did not look like a real man, but completely shadow! He must have run from the corner of the room, somewhere on the other side of the china cabinet, to the chair. I sat paralyzed with fear for five-ten minutes before gaining the courage to walk pass the single-seater to my bedroom. When I passed, I briefly looked behind the chair and saw nothing.

I saw him once more in broad daylight on our main floor. I had just washed the downstairs bathroom floor (a place I always found creepy and my friend, Bailey refused to use) and was talking to said friend in the hallway. More important layout: I stood facing her, the bathroom door was a few meters away to my right, and my brother, Kevin's bedroom was straight ahead a little passed the bathroom door. What I thought I saw was Kevin, wearing his usual black shirt walk into the bathroom. I could only assume he came from his bedroom but Bailey's head was in the way. As I had just washed the floor, I leaned around Bailey and called out, "Kev! The floor's wet! You might want to use the upstairs bathroom!" As I finished my spiel, Kevin came out of his bedroom as he pulled on his favorite black shirt and asked, "What'd you say?" My jaw dropped open at the sight of him coming out of the wrong door, pulling on a shirt I swore he was already wearing! I ran to the bathroom and looked around. No one was there. The only window was way too small to climb through and where did the person come from to begin with: right passed me or out of Kevin's bedroom. It was all too strange to believe.

Still, I never saw the entity again. The first time it frightened the hell out of me but the second time was in broad day light while I was with a friend (who didn't see him/it as her back was turned). I wonder if they were the same. I didn't feel threatened in either case, anyway.

What do you guys think?

More to come!

Other hauntings by Violet_Sidhe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Violet_Sidhe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
thats creepy and I don't trust ghosts or whatever haunts my house *oh god my dog is looking at something and I'm kind of getting freaked out and its 2:30AM getting closer to the dead hour* I don't trust it but my dogs don't mind it but wats so sweet is that they curl up next to me wen I'm scare but anyway if whatever was haunting your house didn't seem threatening I guess it meant you no harm just probly curious and wants attention but onto story three 😁
binder1967 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
I agree that its not out to harm you and its probably always there and moves freely throughout your home. The timing must be right both of you must be at the same place at the same time and you must the looking in a direction of the shadowy figure to see it. 9 times out of 10 people see paranormal activity but brush it off as being tired, lighting or your mind playing tricks on you. I am fasinated with shadow figures as my home has one as well. Lights go on and off instantly before seeing a shadowy figure in my home. Electricians have been here many times so I could debunk it as faulty wiring but the wiring is 100% good. I wish I had an explanation but I simply chaulk it up as unexplained. Once I was leaving a message for my wife on the electronic organizer note pad on the fridge. She played it when she got home and immediately called me on my cell to come listen to my message. Over my voice a bubbly raspy voice said leave my home. I played this for many people and everyone says its hard to make out but it sounds like live in my home or leave my home. Once I tried for just fun putting powder on the floor like in paranormal activity just to see if anything would happen. In the morning there was just three tiny impressions in the powder looked like a maple leaf. The hallway must be thirty feet in lengh and only three maple leafs the size of your pinky nail. I am not sure what caused it maybe a cat hair blowing from the air register from the furnace maybe?
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-27)
I think you had a "shadow person" existing in the home and although you saw this twice, more than likely the shadow person was around there all of the time. I have seen shadow people before and I have never felt that they were out to harm; in fact, I have been told that they don't really exist in a conscious way. Great story... Off to part three:)
binder1967 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-27)
Sounds like you have a mimick or a poltergeist. They are usually harmless they just like to play with you a little just to get your attention. You stated that it reveiled itself then hid behind a chair. Like it was playing hide go seek with you... Then you said it reveiled itself as your brother or clothing your brother usually wears. This is somethiing that both types of ghosts will do. Playing games with you. Both types of ghosts are harmless usually. A residual haunting is a ghost was a human once and passed away but will do the same thing over and over as it did in life. For egample a woman made breakfast every morning at 6am in death now as a ghost every morning at 6am you will see a woman walk to her stove to make breakfast as she did in life. That is a residual haunting
Lexi23453 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-25)
The story was weird and I don't know how to explain these thing but I've always had an intrest in the paranormal
DjLello96 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-25)
I wouldn't be scared but that's just creepy. Hehe. I would have just followed it to see what it wants... Lol (: - Anyways great story; I love it 😆

- LelLO g. BaBii <'$
[ $$$)
ghostlygirl3512 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
Well, I noticed a lot of people are telling you to use the name of God. This should work because even if he dosen't exist, people have made him exist as a figure of Light, and using him aganist negative things should work.
But if you're not a believer of that specific god, I have another opinion:
I disagree that all ghosts are bad. I think that ghosts are simply people that failed to do something in life and have to do something in death before they "move on" They are still people.
What you saw is more like maybe a 5% chance of being a demon. Demons are generally not really human looking. Some have wings or horns or sharp teeth and not all are shadows.
What you saw is more than likely a shadow person. It's basically like a ghost, only for some reason thet appear as shadows. I think this might be because they were trying to manifest, but didn't get enough energy to do it fully.
You said it wasn't malicious towards you, so you've got nothing to worry about. And even if it was alittle mean, it's DEAD! If I've been trapped for 50-something years, I might be alittle cranky too.
Either way, you've moved to a new house, and you have nothing to worry about, although I sure do hope the new homeowners are scared!
Hope this helps answer you're questions!

Blessed be
Lolli ❤
Switchfootfanforever (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-14)
Creepy really creepy it sends cold shivers down my spine but if you have a ghost problem then call Jesus to take care of it god can drive out any demon or evil spirit because evil fears god. God is satan's kryptonite and that's one of the things I love most about him so yeah either ask god to drive out the evil spirit or just simply move
senkri (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-13)
I stand firm on this. No ghost is a good ghost. Satan and his fallen angels were given authority to impersonate the dead and other things. Shadows are not light, so therefore it can not be an angel of light, but a demon. You need to execise authority of your house. Dont be mad but be firm, every room of your house say " I am a child of god, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazereth, get the f*** out of my home. This is my home and you are not welcome here!". Ask Jesus to come into your life. He is wonderful.
ambercrystal (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-12)
me and my friend used to see shadows running or flying when I lived in Lithuania but they used to be outside and they weren't threatening as you said they were just running or sometimes flying by the window (which I soetimes thought was a bird but birds didn't fly as close to the windows). Anyway they were different shadows because their sizes were different.
georgiebaby (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
i and my boyfriend c sprits ghosts and demons etc and we often c a shadow like waht you have seen!
Violet_Sidhe (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-10)
Good question, but Kevin hadn't left his room yet and their is a bit of hallway within the bathroom and the mirror wouldn't at all be on the proper angle. Plus, I saw the ghost's (or whatever's) back, not it's front.
Sadly, I moved out of the house almost seven years ago. Hopefully the new owners have figured something out.
angeldemon (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-10)
freaky haha. Are you sure you didn't look into any reflection of Kevin from his bedroom? 😕 if its not harming you in anyway then surely it wants you to do something. Perhaps something that it failed to overcome because of death

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: