You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Troubled House 3

Real Ghost Stories

The Troubled House 3

 

I mentioned in my first post that I had been hearing steps up and down the staircase next to my bedroom. Sometimes they belonged to real people, sometimes not. Sometimes they came to the top and stayed there and sometimes they got to the landing halfway, remained there for half an hour before descending again. Well, the mystery of one of the owners of those footsteps (except the ones from my very corporeal brothers) may have been answered by a strange guest.

As I attended (some of the time) high school, my middle-aged mother was attending post-secondary for a psychology degree. At one point when I was sixteen or so she brought home a fellow student, a young female adult. I had locked myself up in my room to give the two privacy as they worked on a shared project. When the girl left, I was speaking with my mother about something I now forget when she brought up something interesting.

My mother said when her partner first entered the living room she looked at the three seater and chose to sit on a different couch. Also, she had kept looking towards the stairs. I'm not sure how they got on the topic, whether my mother asked her straight out what she was looking at, but what she told her was hard to believe. She had said that she could see a girl coming up the stairs and going back down, over and over again. She also said that there was a man in a top hat sitting on the middle cushion of the three-seater couch, which is why she sat elsewhere. Supposedly, the young woman had always seen ghosts and thought it pretty run-of-the mill!

I do believe in ghosts but am always pretty skeptical about my own experiences as well as others. But, I had always avoided sitting on the middle cushion (it kind of felt "off" I never could tell why) for some reason and the girl up and down the stairs would certainly explain the constant footsteps.

Still more to come!

Other hauntings by Violet_Sidhe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Violet_Sidhe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-18)
Badjuujuu, thanks for your opinion I really appreciate it. 😊 Lately my sensitivity has gotten stronger which to me is part good and part bad 😐 due to hearing something that made me feel powerless and scared, the sound of a little girl screaming. I was on the edge of tears when I heard that sound and silently prayed for her soul to be laid to rest. I think it worked cause last night I felt someone rubbing the back of my hand. 😲 I felt shocked but definitly not afraid and had a dreamless sleep. Just an update!
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-18)
Kericho - All I can say is wow. If you don't like this website you don't have to be so negative about it, just move on... The awesomeness of the internet is that there are millions of web pages available.

Violet Sidhe - I wouldn't worry too much about what you are going through. Just keep a positive attitude... It can be hard if you are a teenager with hormones raging abound. When you leave home and move out these strange occurances will probably stop happening, and until then just ride it out and you will be ok.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
EmeraldAngel, I've always been of the opinion that if it's a demon, you'll know. There are exceptions to that, but generally you will know if something that evil is in your space. Demons bring a feeling that nothing else can imitate. It's impossible to describe accurately, but it's deeper than fear. Terror isn't even a strong enough word.
A poltergeist is not a true ghost, but a sort of unintentional telekinesis. This type of activity typically centers around teenagers, although it can happen around younger children or adults as well. The theory is that someone in the household, due to stress, puberty, whatever, has a lot of excess energy. That energy then bleeds off of the stressed individual and "acts out" on it's own. Common activity with poltergeists manifestations are doors slamming, stuff moving by itself, objects floating. Sometimes the activitty can be more or less intense, but that is just an idea of what can happen. If you think there is a poltergeist raising havoc, figure out if it's because of your stress, or another member of the household. After determining the likeliest cause, try to help that person, you or whoever, to find a positive outlet for the excess energy. That should help.
Ghosts enjoy mucking with electronics. Ghosts don't have much energy of their own, but they can draw energy from electronics. I believe this to be the reason why so many hauntings involve weird things with radios and TVs, that the ghost siphoning energy affects the volume, changes the station, or turns things off or on. Just my theory.
I read in one of your other comments that your dogs don't seem scared. That's good. Animals are much better judges of paranormal nature than humans. The fact that your dogs aren't reacting with fear says that whatever is in your house, is harmless. When in doubt, watch the reaction of your pets, they will tell you all you need to know concerning a spirit's nature.
I know it's easier said than done, but try not to be afraid. Believe me when I say that fear only makes things worse. Being afraid makes every little thing seem much more intense than it actually is.
Blessings ❀
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
DARKNESS yea I'm just on edge the ghost haunting my house scared the heck outta me by messing up the tv and turning up the volume ugh you can never trust em huh? And I think its a polterguiest or maybe a demon I don't know and I feel cold right now
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
EmeraldAngel: Kericho is just feeding off peoples reactions haha, best to just ignore people like this. The more people acknowledge them the more they persist in posting. The mods know who the trouble makers are and will deal with them as they see fit. Just a heads up! 😁

Dan
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
-Kerichio honestly lighten up get off this website if all you gotta say is bull no one cares what you believe in and about that ouija board comment that just outright pissed me off are you saying to let children play with ouija boards? You need to smell the air GROW UP your annoying so get off this website if you know so much go cure decease or something I apologize to violet if this is offending and I believe you cept I deal with a demon which haunts my room god bless you sincerely Katherine πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰
gothgirl (32 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
Omw I'm so sure that I have heard this story! I'm so sorry if its just dejavu but I do seriously seriously believe that I have red it already
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
Hi Martin, I am so happy to hear that the site isn't going anywhere. A group of us were worried. We enjoy YGS and look forward to the new posts. I wish you well, and hope everything turns ok. As I'm sure you have read a bunch of us are willing to lend a helping hand if you need it. πŸ˜‰

Thank you 😊 ❀
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
Martin and Whitebuffalo,
Thank you for your responses and best wishes and prayers for all those around you who are going through trying times.

Lou
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
Martin: We are all addicted to this site! LOL πŸ˜†...Thanks for allowing us to be part of the YGS family... And for the record, we got your back! πŸ˜† ❀
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
Hahaha thanks Martin but I'm pretty sure I have read nearly every story on this site in the last few years and am on here every morning looking for new comments and stories geez what a life eh, should really be working lol πŸ˜†. I hope you and the mods never get tired of your site you do a good job. 😁

Thank you

Dan
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
sir martin πŸ˜† πŸ˜† they can live by reading some comments... That's what I do 😁

-Aya Velencoso Segura
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
>:3 if you got nothing to do... Get a rope and hang yourself πŸ˜† πŸ˜† stop being stupid, if you don't like this site then find other site *LOL* if you want some scary story read some novel! This site isn't about scary story! Its about paranormal!

-Aya is reading πŸ˜‰
Martin (602 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
Well I'm glad to read that some people can't live a day without a new story from this site πŸ˜† But seriously, we have like a few thousands, don't be afraid to check older ones. That being said, we are getting back on track with new submissions after this little hiatus. And I'll be keeping a closer eye on trouble makers. Religious fanatics and teenage pranksters are definitely not welcomed.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
Please forgive my missing your question, LouSlips. --And apparently Kericho.
For very personal reasons, the site is taking a break. The webmaster, and his helpers deserve a break once and again. Especially when life hands out a change or two.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-27)
To Violet:
I do believe there are people who are more sensitive than others and that explains why your mom's friend saw this. Thanks for sharing.

To Kericho:
Do you believe in any paranormal or paranormal activity because if you don't, I wonder why you are wasting your time here... Unless you have a lot to waste. Not every paranormal experience is terror-ridden with demons popping out of the ceiling and blood dripping down the walls. I understand your skepticism as we all are skeptics now and again. I don't believe everything that I read whether it comes from this site or the New York Times. Lighten up man:)
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
Kericho, if it's really that bad, why do you come back? Have you and Lou had a chance to read the message on the front page of the site? The mods are extremely busy and really have their work cut out for them. This isn't the longest period they've had to keep the new story form shut down. I'm sure they're working on it, and hopefully they'll see some of the suggestions offered by other posters and apply them to help with the workload in the future.

I guess it just comes down to whether or not you're willing to tolerate some of the stupidity here... If you're not, I guess try finding another web-community? I'm not trying to be offensive or anything so please don't take it that way, just try to understand where the site staff are coming from too.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
The site is not that bad. I have met some people who genuinely love to help others. Especially kids ❀
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
Kericho,
Although frustrated with this site, I actually feel it has helped some people. In response to you comments:
1. Although many are obviously not, the stories are supposed to be true, not scary.
2. Not having been in any other posters home, a description can be helpful in understanding their experience.
3. Faith is faith... You have it or you don't. You have used this comment before, so maybe you could come up with something original next time?
4. It is obvious we have a lot of writers of fiction on this site. Enough said.
5. Excellent observation! Good question!
6. How long have you been a doctor?
7. I agree with you on memory retention from an early age... I do not have that recollection either... But then again, I never saw a ghost as a child.
8. If you are interested in the paranormal at all, you should look into why ghosts exist... It may clear up your impression that everything they do is a clear cut choice.
9. Not everyone can originate from your obvious little slice of paradise you reside in.
10. Although I agree that many take the opportunity when commenting to relate their own stories; but sometimes it is the only way they can express why they understand what the author is experiencing.
11. Your beliefs are just that...yours.
12. Agreed.
13. What do a couple crappy EVP's mean? Do houses speak on their own?

Hard to believe you would be so cynical...you've been such a ray of sunshine until now.

Lou
Kericho (17 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
Hopefully, this crappy website has finally died.

Why this website sucks

1. The stories aren't scary.
2. People describe the floor plans of their home adnauseam when it has no relevance to the story.
3. Religion. God did nothing when Hitler, Stalin and Mao killed millions but you all think if you have a ghost in your house hiding your keys he'll come running.
4. Ever since the first airing of Paranormal State all of your experiences happen at 3:00 am.
5. Every time you see a little girl ghost she's wearing a white dress. I never see a little girl wearing a white dress in my day to day life. Why do they all want to wear one when they're dead?
6. It is obvious so many posters have mental problems. Just last week one poster confessed to being diagnosed schizophrenic. I wouldn't trust or believe anything a schizophrenic said regarding ghosts.
7. So many posters relate stories that happened to them when they were toddlers. I have an excellent memory but I couldn't remember anything that happened to me when I was four if my life depended on it.
8. Why would ghost haunt a trailer home? Just white trash for eternity? If I was a ghost I'd haunt the Ritz Carlton in New York.
9. Too many posters from foreign countries. Foreigners are hyper-superstitious - it's built into many of their cultures. They are afraid of their own shadows.
10. The comments to the stories are seldom helpful to the people that posted them. Usually they are just people bragging about their own alleged amazing powers of sensitivity.
11. Ouija Boards. These are toys made for children. They don't open the seventh circle of hell. Grow up people!
12. Orbs. These are obviously pieces of dust or insects. They are not ghosts or balls of energy.
13. A couple crappy EVP's doesn't mean you live in a haunted house.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
No offense intended, Violet, for posting this on your thread.

HEY YGS... What is up? Can someone who serves in an official capacity please let its loyal followers know why this lack of activity continues on this site?
The most recent submission is dated 5/27...which means that by this time next week, this site will be officially considered in lame duck status... If your intent is to bore or drive people away, it appears to be working for most of the more seasoned commentors. I have the utmost respect for anyone who has endured a paranormal encounter, your experiences are just as valid as my own, but if you wanted to convert to a teen and tweeners website... You should have let us old farts know about it.
Anyone out there with any other sites they feel have been created for what YGS used to be, please let me know.

Lou
cloudstrife (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
hey violet I read your story and its very interesting. My take is it could have been the occupants who lived there while you were away or before you actually lived there. It sounds like something bad happened in the house e.g. The shadow running behind the chair suggesting that something was ducking or hiding could you please detail me more about the events because I had a similar case in my old house. Thank you. Cloud
Wesker1016 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-21)
Damm dude maybe something happened while your family was gone that caused your house to become haunted. I say you ask around and research about anything that could of happened. Well anyways good luck with that and god bless! ❀
Paddy (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-16)
I hear lots of footsteps up and down the stairs in my house too. Sometimes they're family and sometimes I count carefully the number of footsteps someone takes, for example my mum going downstairs, I hear footsteps on the hallway, and on the stairs. Then a while later after hearing none back up, I hear her in her room! Also I get the feeling of being watched sometimes, only when I'm alone. At times I feel the presence of, well, probably ghosts! I once felt wind on my face when in the living room watching Family Guy. I feel depressed and angry a lot for no reason too. Also before I moved house, I recall one night an image of a floating golden orb, and a Canadian soldier sitting at a desk (my house was used as a Canadian base in WW2 in England I was told) and my brother also said he saw a ghost! Sorry for being unable to post a more helpful comment; I'm new to this site and the post your own story bit is down for the week.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
I have read all your post and they are scary. It is almost the same with our house. If they don't hurt you, I don't think you have to worry about it. Just get use to it. I know it's annoying sometimes. Waiting for more of your post about your house.

❀
ghostlygirl3512 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
I think you're mom's friend is some sort of medium (lol, like me!) You see, I think this because what point would she have in lying? Also, she was a guy and so did you, and she saw a girl on the stairs, and you heard footsteps.
Another thing, have slight medium abilities too. Ask your mom and siblings if they ever heard footsteps. If not, you could have a bit of a talent.
Either way, I just hope that you're happy now!

Blessed be
Lolli ❀
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
Thanks for sharing your stories with us. I read all three segments posted so far, so I'm going to comment here, but it's for all three. 😊

Firstly, as others have said, the footsteps on the staircase, scratching and knocking noises in your closet and the swinging hanger point toward some type of poltergeist. The shadow person you saw may have been a curious spirit, possibly attached to the land or the sofa itself, since he seems to like that particular place. Do you know where the sofa came from? Did you guys buy it new?

As for what your mother's friend saw, it's hard to say but it seems plausible considering the fact that you saw this shadow entity yourself, without mentioning it to her. Had you mentioned it to your mom at any point? Do you think your mom may have brought it up to her?

Any signs of foul play in the house, I might have brought to the police's attention, especially where children are involved. I can't even begin to imagine what horrors may have befallen the young ones living there...it's certainly no wonder that there's so much chaos in the energy there.

I don't know if your familiy still lives there or not, or if this was just a past experience, but these things can usually be cleansed from the home. It seems that there is a lot of "unfinished business" in the air there--perhaps the abused children need someone to tell their story to? I think it would be interesting to find out if the current tenants have had any experiences there, or even conduct an investigation if the place is vacant.

I look forward to hearing more!
eternal_flame (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
Wow that's crazy stuff. Do you still live there or was this a place you lived in when you were growing up?
dalton1976 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-14)
2 things:

First, if you had only talk about sounds or moving things, in you first story, especially with depressed teenagers. I would say, it was psychokinesis. There is some information about it: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_psycho02.htm

But secondly, you talk about a shadow and a little girl! Wow that sound like the classic situation about a girl that is under control of this men a need you attention to escape! That's why she try to make sure that you know that she's here.

Take care!
nessann (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-12)
ur moms friend seems a bit weird seeing this but it could be true

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: