You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Amerindian Warrior

Real Ghost Stories

The Amerindian Warrior

 

Before I start telling this experience of mine, let me give you all a brief history of the Amerindian Tribe in Trinidad.

Christopher Columbus rediscovered Trinidad by accident. He thought that he was in the west of India. That is why the Caribbean islands are called the West Indies as we know them today.

While he was lost at sea he started praying. Then he saw three hills on an island. Thinking that they were a sign from God he called it La Trinity. The word 'Trinidad' is Spanish for Trinity.

When he landed on the island he encountered the Amerindian Tribe and enslaved them. Naturally a war broke out. And do need I say more? The Amerindians weren't well equipped. It was a gruesome massacre.

Recently I was woken up by the sound of growls at three in the morning. I demanded to know what the entity wanted because I picked up that it was no animal making those sounds. It then appeared to me in a comely form. He said do not fear him and that he will reveal what he really looked like.

He told me that his tribe was almost wiped out and that one of the wars occurred in the area in which I live which is the Diego martin Valley. He continues by saying that he and his princess got involved in a war. During the war he was captured, skinned and burnt alive.

He then revealed himself to me. I cried at how he looked. I even felt his sores (yeah I tend to be that brave when it comes to spirits). I truly sympathized with him. And I really want him to be at rest. It was even more depressing to find out that he still searches for his princess. I offered to help him out in that area.

I went through my neighborhood asking the seniors (I asked them for they have been in the area for a very long time and I believe that they would be more familiar with the history of the Amerindians).

I found out that there use to have a tribe in the valley where they buried an Amerindian princess with all of her jewelry. The grave site might still be around. Someone's house might be on top of it or something like that.

I do not know for sure if that was the princess the warrior is searching for.

I am still researching the history of the tribe in my area.

Other hauntings by Rashidah

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rashidah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
I have read your profile.

What you have experienced is a phenomena called sleep paralyses.

I experience it also where I could not breathe either.

I will give you more details of the burial ground through the emails.

If you like you can visit the area.
Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
It is always nice to meet a fellow Trini. And you live in my area too. That is great.

Sorry for the late response. I do not be on this site that much these days.

I will email you as soon as possible ❀
Mini (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
Hi Rashida, very interesting story. Have you found the princess' remains? I would like to know where in Diego Martin this is, I am also a current resident! This is very unique I must say, I hope the Amerindian ghostly gentleman does get some rest tho! If you do read my post, please do contact me tru here or my email - kmini_21 [at] yahoo.com
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
I believe that the reason why I heard growling coming from him (May God Rest His Soul) is that he had went through hell while he was alive.

When people die in misery they give off negative vibes.

But he was good... He was just pissed off and I was able to pick up on it.

I think he just needed someone to talk to.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
Hi Rashidah, interesting story, be careful tho, but honestly I'd like to say about my best friends experiences that have to do with...growling. She is having to stay at her dad's friends house, he's cool yet somewhat annoying but the problem is... He doesn't believe in God 😐 I haven't experienced it myself maybe felt it staring at me but I'll explain that later. She has to sleep in this empty room he has upstairs with a small claustrophobic bathroom that I hate. Well one time she was alone and out of nowhere she heard growling coming from nowhere and was positive it wasn't the T.V. She strangly wasn't afraid and told it to "shut up" which made it growl more which scared her briefly said "you win" and ran to grab her dad who doesn't believe in ghost and heard nothing making her look bad. She said there was an earlier time when at her old house which I thought had a safe feeling to it, she had saw some spirit staring at her in her room which she'd stare back and when it stepped out she'd hurry and slam the door. Possibly irritating it but it never hurt her. I always felt safe in her house and when I spent the night in that room, I was lucky to have slept. I was watching T.V while she and her little brother slept. I was so thirsty yet I didn't want to go down that dark hallway alone so I had drink water from the water faucet in the bathroom. It was hot and I felt sticky and weary and it was midnight. That overwhelming feeling of being watched was everywhere. Could it be a demon, possibly?
Gilgamesh (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
This story has... Well It has perked my interest to say the least. To be honest, I kind of wish to help out though I am unable.
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-05)
Fascinating story. But, darling, be wary.

Your first meeting began with a growl and, as we know, naughty entities can take on comely forms to decieve us. You be careful, now. We don't know who or what this is yet for sure.

Pray about it.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-04)
Thanks.
I spoke to him early this morning.
I believe he is at peace now.
But he did not look too happy in what I told him 😐
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
That is a good story. I wish he will find his princess and may they be reunited in the right place.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
I know πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

He is a very good and loyal person. I sense and admire that about him.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
πŸ˜† I was not even HINTING at a love type interest here. I was only meaning a friendship that reaches across the realms.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Okay I will proceed with precautions.
I will try my best not to fall for him 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Be real careful of THAT too, mainly as it can form an attachment on either side.
Wa-do.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Whoa. That I did not know.

I would not pray for him to come back then.

But I am pretty sure he will come back because we actually like each other.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Oh No, no, no, no.
If you pray for his return, you are engaging that beacon that we talked about. YOU will be calling out the tracers and basically calling him BACK to you.
Wait. Just be still and wait to see if he comes back to YOU. If he does not, <shrug> perhaps he got help somewhere else. If he DOES, then you can go ahead with the leading.
Do not call him. If someone ELSE has stepped up to assist, you may be hindering that.
Wa-do.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
I know. And I am prepared to do what I have to do.
I am praying that he comes back tonight so I can guide him 😐
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
But you SHOULD worry.
He is still wandering the earth.
He WILL be alright, just as soon as you guide him to The Light.
Wa-do.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
That is so beautiful.

I am calm now. I am not worrying anymore about him.
Because I believe he is going to be alright now ❀ ❀
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Do not apologize for asking questions.πŸ˜‰ I have no problems with answering ones that are meant to teach. I only get annoyed with the ones that are only asked to "fill space", and I think you know what I mean by that.
Yes, I DO believe that there is a Spiritual Place in which we all become whole once again. I believe that once we pass, we are either transported to The Other Side, or we stay here as we do not KNOW that we are dead.
When we reach The Other Side, I believe that it is an instantaneous transformation, and we become as "perfect" as Creator intended. My personal proof of that is my Father-in-Law. When he passed, the first few times I saw him, he was bent, slow moving, gasping for breath, and rather thin (he passed of lung cancer and pneumonia). The way I see him now, I have never seen him in life. He is pink cheeked, fuller bodied (meaning, he seems to have gained weight), and almost walks with a swagger.
My daughter had a young man that used to visit her from her closet. When he first appeared to her, it was rather apparent that he passed due to a larger gun discharge. Half of his face, and head were missing. The last time she saw him, he was a rather attractive young man, full faced.
My son has a little girl that enjoys playing with him, and guiding him. When he first saw her, she was ragged, dirty looking in a soiled and torn dress. Now when she comes to visit, she seems to have a new wardrobe, and is a cherub faced little angel.
Wa-do.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Ok then I understand now.
I do not think he was aware of tracers.

I hope with am not annoying you these questions but I have to ask.

Is there really a spiritual place where all physical maladies can be miraculously healed when you get there?
He was in pretty bad shape 😐
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Simple, Rashidah.
You are NOT cleansing the area of the GHOST. That was already done when you helped the ghost head into The Light.
You are cleansing the area of the BEACON that is in place FOR the ghost.

When you take a bubble bath, if you do not rinse (cleanse) the tub, soap scum and other stuff is left in the tub even after you let all the water out.
Neon sign that you just took a bath.
Same thing happens when you have an experience with a ghost. Some "tracers" are left behind OF the experience. It is unavoidable, and I am personally under the impression that most ghosts are unaware of the exchange.
These "tracers" that they leave behind can lead them straight back TO you, and MAY create in them a sort of bond which can turn INTO an attachment.
Have you ever heard of the Florence Nightingale effect? Happens all the time, and the attachment can go either way. For the ghost, OR for the live person.
Wa-do.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
OH...
I did not know that you had to cleanse a place after sending a ghost into the light.

But if it is a good ghost why do you have to perform a cleansing after it leaves?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Rashidah.
Do you meditate? What do you do to calm down after a tough day?
USE those activities (whether it is soaking in a bubble bath, pulling weeds from a garden, listening to your favorite form of tunes, sitting in a completely quiet room, mountain biking or running) to completely still your inner being. Then all you really have to do is pray to your personal Higher Power to grant you the Protection of Purity.
Do you NOT protect yourself each and every time you encounter a life impaired individual? I ask as it is important to do so, as you never know what can become attached to you. After each encounter, you should also cleanse yourself to strip off the residual remains OF the experience. Personally, in our home, we smudge BEFORE the experience (if there is warning), during the experience (especially if it feels like it is going to get "hairy") and at the completion (to ensure that we do not force someone to believe WE are their only link to life or death). No need to trap anyone here who should NOT be, in our own ignorance of the situation.

** Just so you know: Ignorance is the lack of knowledge, through no fault of the individual. Stupidity is the act of refusing to learn through the facts presented TO an individual.
Wa-do.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Thank you zzsgranny I will take your advice.

WhiteBuffalo
How do I put a circle of white protection me?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Well then, IF he frequents your place, simply ask him to show you what exactly he would like you to help him with. I have a very strong feeling that the only thing this warrior really needs is to be led to The Light. Being that he is a ghost, it is obvious (as for his appearance when he came to you) he has NEVER returned to The Other Side.
As Granny said, a Spirit is the soul of a life impaired individual who has made it to the Other Side and who basically has a "round trip ticket" and able to travel through the realms at will. IF they choose to visit, they do, if they are more comfortable staying in the perfect realm, they DO.
The BIG clue is his appearance. Once we make it to the land of perfection, our bodies heal. We no longer have pains, missing limbs, blown off heads, skinned bodies... We are as we were created.
If a life impaired individual does NOT immediately go into the Afterlife, and remains on this plane as a ghost (which simply put means they have a "one way ticket TO The Other Side) we are "stuck" just as we passed.
We are in our same clothes, our bodies look the same, our mannerisms are identical to our lives, we stick around the places that we lived and died.
Talk to him. Convince him that he will again BE with his love, if he heads for the Light.
There is no "window". If he says there IS no light, that he can not SEE the tunnel, ask him to look again, but to look with his HEART. He will find the Light, and ultimately find his princess.
Wa-do.

P.S. Do not forget to put a circle of White Protection about you when you speak with this warrior. You never know what you might get...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-07-02)
Rashidah: Poor soul is right... I would suggest the next time you talk with him, to try and guide him to the light... Explain that you believe his princess is waiting for him there, and there he will find peace...

Whitebuffalo once explained to me the difference between "ghosts" and "spirits"...Spirits are those who have crossed and choose to return to this plane... Ghosts have never crossed and remain after the body dies, for various reasons, I'm sure you're aware of...

Good luck with this... 😊
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-02)
he frequents my place sometimes. But he is constantly seeking.
I will talk to him. And I pray he listens. 😐
This is the hardest thing I will ever have to do.
The poor soul.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-02)
I think I just figured out what the problem is.
You are thinking in terms of live humans, NOT in the life impaired.
Think about this. Goodness knows HOW long this poor man has been looking for his love, but as you should know (as for your many encounters WITH the life impaired), their time line is NOT our own.
We live in a twenty-four hour day, time has no relevancy for the life impaired. We go to sleep and wake up hours later. He went to sleep and perhaps woke CENTURIES later. I go to sleep with the end table at my left with all of my personal effects easily reachable for when I wake. When he went to sleep... Let us just say it was NOT a good time, but when he woke NOTHING was as it should have been for him.
I would say that his "peace" is with his woman. All that he once knew about life is no longer true. Personally, I would tell him she has passed, and ask him if he would like to meet up with her on The Other Side.
Was this a one time deal conversation with him? Or does he now frequent your space?
Wa-do.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-02)
I understand

That is true. When talking to the spirit I got the feeling that he is centuries old so I do not think this is the gravesite.
I thank you for helping me figure that out. 😊

You are right I am still trying to figure him out because I never did an in depth research on the history of the Amerindians in Trinidad (Which is a shame)

He did say he was looking for his princess. So I thought if I located the gravesite I could of helped him out.

He is probably still holding on to her and does not realize that she is dead. Which I find strange
πŸ˜•

The problem is I do not know how to help him find peace. I have no idea how to help a soul rest in peace.

Can you help me with this one please?
Because I have tried. But I do not think I have done a very good job with this one.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-02)
Hmmm. I have just spent quite a bit of time trying to locate that link that gave me some misinformation, but seem to have typed it differently earlier. No worries, though. I am sure it will turn up in my future research on this subject. Thank you for correcting my clearly untrue princess sentence there, Rashidah.
I stand corrected.

I am kind of confused, and I am not trying to make a big deal out of it, really. Please do not take it that way. I am wondering as to your last sentence in that final comment.
"So this can be any spirit."

Ok, Know what?
When you read the rest of this comment, please keep in mind the most genteel, comforting, friendly voice that you can. THAT is how this is written.

"They said that the gravesite is about close to half a centaury old. So I guess that might not be the gravesite." Are you saying this may not be the grave site that this Amerindian's princess love is buried in? It could be someone ELSE'S grave?
I ask as you are still trying to find out who HE is, and what, specifically, he wants. At least, that is how the story read for me.


"They claimed the tribe placed a curse on the gravesite.
Which I do not believe because I do not believe in curses." YOU may not believe in curses, Dear, but there are those who LIVE and sometimes die in their belief of them. All that truly matters when one places a "curse" is that those it is meant to warn off believe in it. In their belief OF them, they are granted power over logical reasoning's.

"They also said that someone dug up the grave for the jewellery and the spirit haunts the place because of that." Two part-er: I can really SEE someone doing that. It is utterly disgusting, but people are greedy ingrates and if given the opportunity and the wrong frame of mind, people have desecrated many a final resting place for lesser items than jewelry. If whoever this was that is buried there had a partiality TO that jewelry, I guess revenge is as good a reason as any to haunt her own grave.

"The problem is overall the entire street has stories of hauntings. So this can be any spirit." It could be. But he gave you part of his story. MAYBE you are meshing TWO stories (the seniors MAY be supplying you with a very real story about someone ELSE, and NOT the woman this Amerindian is looking for) or maybe not.

Are these Seniors that you are talking to descendants of the race that you THINK this male Amerindian is of?

My main thought here is, you did not say in the story that he was looking for the GRAVE of his princess. You stated that he told YOU he was looking for his PRINCESS.
See where I am heading with this?
It may be a simple matter of explaining to him that she has passed, and is waiting for him on The Other Side. He may not give a fig that her final resting place is not charted. He MAY only wish to be, once again, with his woman.
Wa-do.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: