You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: What Should I Do?

Real Ghost Stories

What Should I Do?

 

Hey guys, Cloud here this is my first story so I'm new to this.

Well I was sitting in the sitting room of my house. It's a fairly new house and there were no tenants before us but when we moved in it was very gloomy. Apart from the fact that I didn't want to move I still felt very uneasy in this house. The reason we moved was because our old house had been very cold and my mother didn't want to live there but wouldn't explain why. Anyway to the point it was a very eerie house for me and I didn't like it.

As I was watching a bit of television when suddenly I heard a very loud breath right next to my ear. It was just one breath but it sent a massive chill through me and I jumped from the seat. After that I couldn't sit there so I turned off the television and went into my room. After about ten minutes I saw lights from the sitting room and realized the television was on. Nobody but me was in the house and I started to feel very uneasy so I went up to the sitting room and to no surprise the TV was on. At this point I was very aware of somebody being around me so I quickly turned off the television and ran to my room. Again after a certain time it turned on. Again I went up and turned it off but as I was leaving the glass on the table that I was previously using knocked over and smashed on the floor and I could feel the tension in the room. I know that there's something here and I don't know what to do. I'm afraid to ask if it's there or not and I refuse to use a Ouija board I honestly don't know really. So leave a comment and I'll get back to you all.

Thank you,

Cloud.

Other hauntings by cloudstrife

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cloudstrife, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
suggestion: stop turning off The tv- let it watch the idiot box if it wants to.
agimat_warrior (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
irish? Hope you are catholic... Ask your parish priest to do a deliverance ritual then bless the house. Use sacramentals like crucifixes etc.
Pray the st michael's prayer... It works.
cloudstrife (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
thanks guys yu guys are awesome but unfortunately there's something else here I'm just goin to write up the story now lemme know what yur verdict is
reno (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
fffff; that's pretty boss, my middle name is actually Reno. 😆

Also, like I said before, it's not an irritated ghost, just one looking for attention and there to play with you guys; aussiedaz is right. She could just be looking to have someone acknowledge her. Your mother and you can rest easy knowing this isn't something harmful.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Ok, now things are little clearer... This is your sister that's with you guys... No need to be afraid... Did your mother give her a name? It is quite possible she wants you to acknowledge her... And when you do things will settle down.

Daz.😁
cloudstrife (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
well I don't know emerald its wierd and for the first time I'm completely freaked its so wierd knowing this all of a sudden and the other night I could have sworn I saw a girl standing at the door but when I double checked nothin also the tv stopped working lol maybe to much interference ill keep you all updated

Thank you all
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
😲 Oh my God! You think she's mad that you lived or something that's like something that would happen in a horror movie. Creepy... All I can say is confront her with your mom and ask to leave in peace or also if catholic or willing to try it, try lighting a candle and pray for her soul with your mom to go into the light and be at peace. I wish you best of luck and blessings~Katherine~ ❤ ❤
cloudstrife (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
wow reno never taught id see yu here lol a fellow ff7 fan cool funny thing is my dads obsessed wit it my real names cloud doyle hehehehe
cloudstrife (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
emerald- that's really wierd my brothers name is jamie

Anyway guys sorry haven't been around lately laptop just got fixed anyways I found out what my mother was hiding. Apparently I was supposed to be a twin but the my sister died at birth so I'm thinking its her
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-05)
Cloud, just one question I have for you... Has anyone in your family or friends of your family, passed away in the last 12 months... I understand the anxiety and discomfort with this experience and you have every right to order this entity from your home... Just tossing this question at you, just in the of chance someone is desperately trying to get a message across...

Daz
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-04)
I agree with the rest of the guys here. I suggest that you tell the spirit to stop doing what it's doing since it is just a waste of time.
iluvdogs246 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-04)
wow, that's scarey! But I would od tried talking and c what happend! Also it could have been a ghost (probavly) or the t.v. Could have been broken! 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Awesome, Cloud.
Sounds like you have a backbone.
Next time something turns on your electronics, and you have to go turn it off, how would you like to try something a mite different?
First, try telling it something like "Look, I do not have the time, nor the energy to keep taking these steps to turn off everything you keep turning on. So stop. I am done with this game, I KNOW you are here, so stop with the games." Do not shout, yell, or get rude with it. Simply state that it HAS to stop.
Unplug the appliances. IF it keeps turning them on, get rid of the energy source by unplugging the item.
Get your Mama involved. She seems to have been open enough with you to explain a few things. Perhaps if you told her of the things that are going on, she could be a partner in telling it to leave. Power in numbers, my friend.
Wa-do.
reno (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-02)
Something could be following your mother. Either she's managed to create a poltergeist out of her fears of the creepy house, or there's something tied to her. Whatever it is, it's showing violence, that could be just a 'hahaha, freaked you guys out again!' sorta move that it's making. The least you can do is let something silver soak in salt water for an hour, and keep it on your persons- something like a ring or a necklace usually helps since that's easier to wear. Also, keep the Saint Michael's prayer on hand if things start to go funny. Whatever it is, it followed you guys from your last house. Ghosts are typically tied to an object or a place, which makes this unusual, unless your mom has something of theirs that they don't want her to have. It doesn't seem like an irritated ghost, though, just gotta keep stuff from freaking you guys out is all.

Pffff, ShinRa knows these things, Cloud.

-Reno 😉
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-02)
Hi Cloud, love the name by the way 😉 it doesn't seem to want to hurt you just wants your attention like mine does. If it tries anything command it to stop and that it will not hurt you since God is with you. Jamie (my ghost) tries to get my attention by messing with the tv and tapping the walls that are above me then pulls at the blankets when I try sleeping and your ghost probly wanted to watch tv too 😆 best of luck and God bless~Katherine~ ❤
cloudstrife (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-02)
lol materia? I meant to say entities I didn't realise what I wrote there sorry
cloudstrife (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-02)
thanks everyone for your comments I took a lot of your advice and some of it worked good some of it bad the voice recorder didn't work but the activity has grown more my mam said that in the last house the same stuff was happening too her and that she couldn't live there anymore. The worst thing that's happened so far is I got frustrated while reading because of this entity and shouted to leave and never come back and the book went flying across the room.

Deviousangel: lol, my bustersword doesn't work against materia hehehe
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
Cloud: The loonies have done an excellant job of giving you advice here. Just one question is there a possibility this has something to do with your mother? Seems very strange of her not explaining why you left the last house. I have a feeling what you are experiencing may have something to do with this, something is definitely tring to get your attention. Please keep us posted.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Psychicfamiliymoments (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
i'm glad you aren't plannin to use a ouija board, because that might make it violent, or attract another spirit.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
Cloud: I have to agree with my Loonie friends... Use common sense first... I don't think it means to harm you...

I would also like to clarify that when we advise people to talk to an entity, that is what it means... Talk TO it, not WITH it... At least until you're sure of it's intentions...

Most of the time, when ground rules are given, the entity will do as they are asked... Sometimes they're a lot more persistant, though... That doesn't mean they are demonic, or evil... Just wanting desperately to get the message through...

Keep us posted on further happenings! 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
Come on Cloud, where is your buster sword? You know how to take care of this. 😜

From the feelings you described, this entity sounds negative to me, but not outrightly like a bad person. It sounds like this ghost or spirit harbors a lot of animosity about something and is very angry. It may be best not to make contact, but if the occurances continue, perhaps try asking out loud what it wants. Set out the ground rules, like cosmo suggested and tell it that you don't mind it being there if it behaves.

Best of luck! I hope you get the chance to research what was on your land before your house.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
Hi Cloud. Love your name 😁.
Everything Cosmo said is very good advice. If you wanted to, you could set out a voice recorder in your home somewhere. You might catch an EVP or two. Ghosts have a tendency to play with electronics. They do it I think for 2 reasons. Reason 1, they can draw energy from the electronics. Reason 2, it catches a person's attention when the TV switches on by itself, or the radio randomly changes stations. Since ghosts attempt to make themselves known, playing with electronics basically kills two birds with one stone. Try keeping a journal of what happens, and when. Write down what happens, what time, weather conditions, even moon phases. This will give you a record of evidence to look over later.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
Hello Cloud, It sounds like there is something in your house that is trying to get your attention. You are absolutely right, do not use an Ouija board. You might end up inviting a malevolent or evil entity in, and you don't want that. It is possible that this spirit is attached to the land. Do you know any history of the area before your house was built? From the activity you described I don't think this spirit/entity is trying to hurt you. Has anything else happened since? You can try ignoring it, and eventually it might give up and go away. If it doesn't you can speak out loud to it. You don't have to ask direct questions, you can just say I know you are here, please do not frighten or touch me in any way. You can also say a prayer and ask that this spirit find it's way into the light. I hope I have been of some help to you. Thank you for sharing your story. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: