You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Dog Was Attacked By A Ghost And I Fear For Her Safety

Real Ghost Stories

My Dog Was Attacked By A Ghost And I Fear For Her Safety

 

This morning my dog was attacked by a ghost.

I want to share my story hoping that someone out there can help me make sense of this.

This morning after spending the night out I walked into my apt with my t-cup Chihuahua. My dog immediately starts barking at my bedroom and hallway area like she always does, so to be cautious I checked all the closets and bathroom to make sure we were alone. After doing that I left her in the bedroom barking and I go to the kitchen to fix us breakfast. While I'm in the kitchen I hear a loud bang and shuffling and loud thumping coming from the bedroom, also hear my dog yelping very loud as if someone had just hit her. A second or two later there's complete silence.

My Dog Was Attacked By A Ghost And I Fear For Her Safety

I didn't know what to do; I was so scared for my life. I thought someone had killed my puppy and now they were coming for me. So my first reaction was to run and open my front door maybe my neighbors could hear my screams in case whatever attacked my dog was coming after me. Seconds later I decided to run back into the house towards my bedroom to find my dog, when all of a sudden I see my dog running out of the bedroom for the front door shaking like a leaf with her tail and ears tucked in. I was so afraid for our safety.

After a minute, I gathered my strength and walked back into the bedroom but everything was untouched. I just moved into this apartment, so I don't have any furniture or any kind of hard object that could have fell.

Whatever is in here is evil. I immediately grabbed my things ran for the front door and left my apartment for the day.

I found out from the maintenance guy that the tenant who lived here before me was a Vietnam vet who drank heavily and passed away in the bedroom area about 2 weeks before I moved in.

I wish I was making this up guys. I said a few prayers and did several Cuban rituals to bring back peace to my home.

Please help me. What should I do?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mirelys, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mefanai (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-12)
hi I have the same experienc you did with my girlfriend in this flat we just rented, she felt it too, I felt it too... But our puppy the way she gets scared is not normal, its as if she had been kicked the way she cries... It dose'nt happen often as your case but I assure you, this is no lie, I just wld like to know if you had come up with a solution for this... Please get back to me
AshleyHorseLover (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
Im an expert on animal reactions to the paranormal. I have 6 dogs of my own, and I can tell you now that your dogs will be your guide in all of this. Right now she can see what you need to fight, I'm wiccan and reccomend trying burning sage and lavender. As well as adding a piece of sage to your dogs collar. All you have to do is tie a fresh leaf to her collar everyday, also keep some on you as well.
helperj (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-28)
stay beside him tell him about a good stories with happy ending and give him treats ❤
s_d_l_paranormal (3 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
😆 oh and some drinks like water NO BEER BECAUSE OF WHAT you SAID IN YOUR STORY.
s_d_l_paranormal (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
😭 poor puppy it was so young (even though t didn't die) I feel bad for your puppy. But you should bless the house with incents and lay out fruit and food and pray to ask that spirit to leave you and whoever else lives with you alone and they see that you are being respectful I'm asian so I believe this works becuase before I moved into the house I blessed it to tell any spirit I will be living here so please leave me alone in peace so I do believe it may work.
mirelys (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
thank you for you advice ParaTam. I totally agree with you, and I do sympathise with him. I'm a vet myself and my husband is an officer in the army.
I've had several conversations with him hoping we can come to some kind of understanding.
I've yet to see any changes in his demeanor.
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
If this spirit is indeed that Vietnam vet, it sounds like he wound up being a very bitter man while in this life. Remember... Upon their return to the USA, they weren't welcomed with open arms. Vietnam vets were made to feel like their service to their country, their personal sacrifice, was not appreciated by those back home they were protecting. That is enough to make a person feel bitter - in this life and the next.

Maybe you could show him some compassion - something he probably hadn't received in a long time. Talk to him. Let him know you appreciate his service to his country - thank him. Tell him that the Vietman War is over and he can rest in peace now.

Blessings to you,
ParaTam
mirelys (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
Well in the past days since I last posted this story my experiences have continued. I spoke to the management office and explain to them the situation. I asked to please move me to a different apt, and told them that I was willing to pay a higher rent. Unfortunately, they were only able to offer me a two bedroom apt with a 9 month lease. I will only be in the area temporarily so I can't commit to that amount of time.
I turned my 1 bedroom apt into a studio. I moved all my things out of the bedroom and completely assolated that part of the house. I also never leave my dog unattended.
Just yesterday, I was in the bathroom and heard what sounded like a man clearing his throat. Also, last night while laying in bed I heard one of the drawers in the bathroom slide in and out.
I've come to the conclusion that this thing is not going anywhere, so I'm just getting by day by day.
I spoke to some of the tenants and they all tell me the same story. That this guy was an alcocholic who was always arguing with anyone that passed by. He would sit in the balcony area at 6am with a drink in his hand. He was found dead while still kneeling on his bed in the bedroom.
mirelys (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
Hello narcissa, In Cuba we practice santeria of West Africa and Carribean origin. Is a system of beliefs that merge the Yoruba religion (brought to the New World by slaves to work the sugar plantations) with Roman Catholic and Native American traditions.
narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
well after you had those rituals done, ahs peace come? You did not state about the condition AFTER you got it cleansed.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
I am just really curius and only asking because I am ignorant on the subject but can you tell me what a "cuban ritual" is? Is it from a form of worship or what? Thanks
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
There is a couple of ceremonies for purifying your home and yourself explained on this site that you can read up on. As Unison mentioned it does seem like you have a negative restless spirit residing there. Have you had any experiences yourself?

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
flutterby (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
Have a priest (or whatever person represents your religion) bless your home. Use sage. Sprinkle holy water around. Tell them to leave. I'm not a professional, I can only offer probably bias advice, however, if it helps or not, email me to let me know?:)
IAmTheUnison (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
Sounds to me to be just a simple case of a restless spirit. I'm afraid there's nothing you can necessarily do to make him leave if he does not wish to leave, but there are measures you can take to keep peace and tranquility in your apartment, and protect you and your dog from harm.

I have some ideas of what you can do, but there's too much to describe here. Feel free to contact me via my e-mail address if you desire more information. In the meantime, I suggest just keeping your dog out of the bedroom as it seems to annoy the spirit.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: