You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Feeling of Being Watched Since Pregnant

Real Ghost Stories

Feeling of Being Watched Since Pregnant

 

I am a 27 years old female, and here is my -tiny- story for which I am desperately trying to find a rational explanation to.

I live in a very small town 300 km up north from Montreal, in Canada. I grew up in a suburb of Montreal from age 7 to 15 and came back to my hometown to finish high school where I met my -now-husband. Fast forwarding to a couple of weeks ago: I find out I am pregnant on June 14th. A truly happy time for us and our respective families. I am jubilating.

I've always been extremely interested in the paranormal, have had several little stories happen to me, most of them usual, uninteresting and irrelevant to what is happening to me now. I have watched every single ghost hunting show ever made, from the very popular ones to the more underground ones. I am fully aware that the feeling of "being watched" may be caused by devices which emit electromagnetic fields, such as TVs, radios, and even light bulbs.

What has been happening to me since I learned I was pregnant, is that I have a constant feeling of being followed and being watched. It's a very odd feeling I have never really experienced seriously. It happens mostly in the hallway of my house, where all the rooms connect. In this hallway, no device could emit an e.m. Field. There is a light bulb, but we checked it with an EMF detector last week and not much is coming out of that.

The spookiest thing that I have been wanting to explain is the behavior my washing machine.

It's relatively new, about 3 years old. It goes on and off, constantly. During the day, and at night also. It's as if someone was repeatedly pushing and pulling the button and the water starts to pour in the tank, and then stops. I cannot explain this. My husband inspected it to see if the button might be loose and cause an electrical contact when there is vibration from the boulevard, or the train passing, but the button seems perfectly fine and we cannot explain this. All of this happening after I learn I am pregnant. Nothing paranormal in this house has ever happened before.

Any thoughts? It's starting to scare me.

Thanks for reading. I'm sorry if this was boring, without shadowy figures and strange knocks and bangs :)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, apophysis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Beckiegubb1985 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
I know all these posts are 3years old but if anyone is still about I could use some kind advice I have lived in my house for 3 years I move in with my sons dad we spilt in the new year he would always talk about strange things happening upstairs in the bedroom now in the whole time I have lived here I have never experienced anything now 2 of my friends one which won't sit in my lounge and my other friend won't come into my house at all and I still have not noticed or felt anything sensed nothing now my one friend who will not sit in my lounge is very spiritual person she sees things good and bad now she told me the thing in my house isn't human well a past living person now it still never bothered me she told me she senses I'm no more than 2 weeks pregnant now last night after talking on the phone to her I went to go to bed now I'm on my own as my son stayed at his dads and I could just feel something watching me and it really didn't feel nice it felt dark and evil I tried to block this feeling out but it felt more like I couldn't like it wasn't letting me finally managed to sleep but this morning when I was taking a shower before I got in I heard a bang went to check nothing out of the ordinarily walked back into the bathroom there was a marble on the floor now my son is only 3 and the marbles that was in my house I told my ex to get rid due to chocking hazard not seen one in years any help please
thenpea5 (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
probably the spirit needs to clean his clothes and also congratulations that is so cool that you got to watch ghost hunters I am not allowed to watch scary things because after I watch it I have nightmares. God bless you and portect your babychild. Have fun but not too much fun. 😉 😉
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
Hi apophysis,

This sounds somewhat the same as what happened to me when I was pregnant.

Before I was pregnant I had witnessed lights flickering, turning off and on by themselves but always chalked it up to old wiring in the house I was living in which was over 100 years old with a newer attachemnt on the back of it. 4 years ago (I aswell was 27 at the time and lived just outside Ottawa East) while I was pregnant with my son I started waking up always between 2:45 and 3:30am hearing a woman murmuring from the vacant second bedroom upstairs. Again I chalked it up to old house moans and groans. The first time I saw the elderly women I was asleep only it felt so real I could have sworn I was awake. I was lying in my bed and heard a noise so I sat up to see a round stumpy woman at my bedroom door. Her movement was staggered and as fast as I saw her at the door she was in my face trying to swat me. I fell backwards in a panic and landed in a one foot space between the wall and my bed. Instantly waking up shaking uncontrollably just after 3am. It scared me so badly I was no longer comfortable sleeping in my room. I moved myself from then on out to the couch downstairs in the newer part of the house. About a month later while I was asleep on the couch I had awoke again sat up and looked into the kitchen (which was in the original part of the house) to see the same women sitting at the table staring at me. I lied back down and she was gone.

I had never experienced anything ghostly like that before I became pregnant and haven't had anymore experiences like that now after having my son.

I never really believed in ghosts, but my son is now 3 and tells Mommy that he see's and hear's things that aren't there. I know kids have wild imaginations but the things he says are out of the ordinary. If ghosts are real I know whatever happened while I was pregnet was because of my son. My son has even innocently told me that my Mamere Bea (whom he has never met and had passed away over 4 years before he was born) misses me and that she is in my heart which is an odd thing for a 2
apophysis (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Thanks to all who commented and congratulated me! Yes, my sister passed away about 10 years ago. I'm thinking it could be her.

Also, about this pregnancy, is that I was pregnant with twins, but lost one very early in the pregnancy (look up the vanishing twin syndrom, quite interesting to say the least)
Who knows, maybe he/she's trying to tell me he/she is okay:) Well, I hope so!

And I didn'T know about pregnancy paranoia, and that makes much sense!

I know that the washing machine thing sounds kind of ridiculous, but we never had any problems with it. The button was pushed out, when we inspected it (meaning it wasn't running). And it usually makes no humming sound at all, it's quite a good machine and as I said, relatively new.

I just didn't know what to think of all this. I'm sure my child is safe in there! And I do not feel threatened at all by this entity, if entity there is. I'm mostly thinking it just wants to make its presence known. Oh and, it worked!:)

Thank you all again!
agimat_warrior (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
hi! My comment is bit serious, here in the philippines we believe there are entities preying on pregnant women and unborn children even new born upto the age of 12 years old. They are usually evil entities. We take it seriously. There is no harm done if you carry within you a holy object depending on your faith. Use the pocket size. Have your house blessed also or dedicated whichever is applicable to your faith. Take care.
crossingover1111 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
Since you are in a vulnerable state someone is watching over you that has passed on and cares about you and the baby. Do not be afraid. Think about who in your family has passed on. Perhaps a close family member. Just because we die (cross over) does not mean we can't check in on our loved ones to make sure they are doing well. It sounds like someone who cares about you and making sure you are OK. If it turns out that this entity is not one of your loved ones (though I doubt it) than tell this Entity to go away and go to the light. Most times it is one of our loved ones who has passed on that loves us and wants to make sure we are OK and somehow they are making their presence known. In this case, no need to be afraid. All of us have the capability to see things we normally would not see from time to time. If it is non harmful it is OK. Rest Easy.
Ramseyrules (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
I may not be very old, but I've read a lot about pregnancy and the supernatural. For the most part, I tell you not to worry, not only does being pregnany highten your sixthsense, but some ghosts, especialy if their death was related to or during pregnancy/birth, will be atractted to you for the time being. It should go away once your baby is born, and don't be supprised if one day he/she tells you that they often feel something watching them. If it is a ghost that died during pregnancy, it might be trying to exprience it through you! As for the washer, I don't know what to tell you, other than sometimes the pressence of a ghost causes electrical things to go haywhire.

Best of luck with the baby! ❤

~Ramsey
NeptuneMoon (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Wow... No doubt your feelings are "real"... But my first thought is that since you are pregnant, that during this time your body is at a heightened awareness to protect you and your baby. I'm sure you are just fine... Most likely the heightened awareness of being in hallways with multiple doors, etc.

Now... The cause of the over-active awareness could be related to your washing machine. Does it ever sit idle and hum but not actually do anything? I know my washing machine always gets stuck on the timer right before the draining and last spin, and sits there omitting a low "hum" for hours! Until I finally notice it and go in and give it a little nudge to finish. Could be something that would definitely grate on a pregnant woman's nerves! Lol Or anyone's...
When your husband inspects the washer, is the knob actually pulled out when it sudden starts running, or pushed in when it suddenly turns off? That would be a sure sign of some kind of physical force. Not trying to scare you... But I suppose while pregnant you could be extra sensitive to ghostly activity.
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
orr maybe it's not your baby giving off the energy, maybe it is you with all of your hormones and what not because you are pregnant.
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
That's pretty scary and my ideas are that maybe there's a spirit that wants your baby... Which is a scary thought.
Or your child has some kind of energy, even though it's younger than young.:]
I hope everything works out
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Oh now I know about the pregnant thingy 😆 thanks girls haha... LoLx good thing I'm a boy, I wond get pregnant paranoia 😆

-Aya Winchester
Thumpersgirl (33 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
Congrats to both of the mommies-to-be! I think maybe the washer could be a poltergeist, attracted by your hormones, like they are teenagers. The being watched feeling could be paranoia, maybe a relative watching over you, or (don't freak out by this) perhaps a spirit is attracted to your pregnancy. Pregnant women are supposed to be more in tune with the spirit world. I know my experiences with the paranormal reduced severely after the birth of my first son, but he inherited my demonic attatchment, among other "gifts". Maybe your baby is going to be a medium or psychic. Good luck with your baby! (btw I HIGHLY recommend stadol!)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
I think mrsmla4ever makes an excellent point about pregnancy paranoia. I would consider that to be the reason for the feelings of being watched and try not to worry about it. The washer, although new, may have a mechanical issue other than the button.
Congratulations and best wishes ❤
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
First of all...Congratulations! I am in the same boat as you as I just found out I am pregnant with my second child as well!

While I cannot explain your washing machine, I can say that your feeling of being watched/followed is part of pregnancy paranoia. It's not something that I can explain scientifically but your hormones are all out of whack which can throw off your concentration and make you think wierd thoughts. I have found myself getting paranoid about a lot of things as well.

If you feel that my explanation is not accurate, and you think that whatever may be watching you is malevolent, I would try cleansing your home.

Again, congratulations and good luck!
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
Omedettou Gozaimasu! (congratulation!) 😁 can I ask? Do you find it evil or good? I mean the feeling of being watch? I would give some pointer to look at...

1.) it maybe your guardian, passed relative,cousins, or friend, they are watching you...
2.) this is about the house, maybe there is some pregnant who passed away in there...

Anyway that's all I can give for now, I'm really sorry... I haven't heard/read about pregnant woman who attract ghost... (note I'm not saying that I don't believe your story, I believe it! 😊) do take care, and again congratulation maam.

-Aya Winchester

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: